Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost (937 Views)

CFA Is Now Higher Than Naira. / Please Are Local Airline Tickets Cheaper In The Airport Than Online / Does Passport Application Takes More Than A Month Before Collection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Timblogga: 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
Please I want to renew my passport, I went online and I saw the charge is 17K, but earlier today I called someone that works in Immigration she told me 40K for standard, 65K for express.
Please I want to know, if I apply online, would I still need to do anything at their office that will warrant them extorting me with those exorbitant fees?
Also I want to help a family member apply for a new one, will she have to do capturing, when she can just input her NIN number? Please kindly reply and perhaps I wrong kindly correct, Thanks

Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by blackboy(m): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2022
Bros make sure you think this through. Jeje pay the N40k if you can? If you cant then pay the N17k and go their office and face them.
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
If you process it by yourself before taking your online printout to immigration office to do the final documentation the officials will frustrate you by postponing the date for collection until you bribe them.If you don't bribe they will be telling you to go and come back that their server is down.Nigerian government officials are very corrupt.
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Timblogga: 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
blackboy:
Bros make sure you think this through. Jeje pay the N40k if you can? If you cant then pay the N17k and go their office and face them.
Oga, it’s like you work in Immigration. I’m not paying anybody 40K. I will carry the print out to the place. Any money I give them, if they don’t collect I will use spy camera and fish them out.
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by lilvicky68(m): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
Timblogga:
Oga, it’s like you work in Immigration. I’m not paying anybody 40K. I will carry the print out to the place. Any money I give them, if they don’t collect I will use spy camera and fish them out.
Ok..give us feedback grin

1 Like

Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Timblogga: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
lilvicky68:

called someone who told me she paid online, and didn’t have to pay anything again at immigration. C’mon why the hell will someone ask of 40K against 17K. People wicked. That’s clear 23K scam. Instead I will give them 3K as tip there highest.

1 Like

Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by lilvicky68(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2022
Timblogga:
called someone who told me she paid online, and didn’t have to pay anything again at immigration. C’mon why the hell will someone ask of 40K against 17K. People wicked. That’s clear 23K scam. Instead I will give them 3K as tip there highest.
She must have been lucky..
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by HRprof: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2022
Timblogga:
I wish this work to fish the criminal out. Corruption in the government offices does not have part two
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Welcomme: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2022
Timblogga:
Please I want to renew my passport, I went online and I saw the charge is 17K, but earlier today I called someone that works in Immigration she told me 40K for standard, 65K for express.
Please I want to know, if I apply online, would I still need to do anything at their office that will warrant them extorting me with those exorbitant fees?
Also I want to help a family member apply for a new one, will she have to do capturing, when she can just input her NIN number? Please kindly reply and perhaps I wrong kindly correct, Thanks
It is a free world. You can apply online if you are not in a haste to get it. At least you will get it in the next one year and might probably get frustrated and still pay money to even get it out. I advise you pay for the express and get your passport out. If you are in Abuja, you can contact me, I know someone that did mine.. Express will cost you 45k... You will get it highest two to three days
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Nreebge: 10:03am On Feb 06, 2022
Welcomme:
It is a free world. You can apply online if you are not in a haste to get it. At least you will get it in the next one year and might probably get frustrated and still pay money to even get it out. I advise you pay for the express and get your passport out. If you are in Abuja, you can contact me, I know someone that did mine.. Express will cost you 45k... You will get it highest two to three days

I am east but in dare need of my passport in 5 days time.
Wish am in Abuja right now
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Welcomme: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2022
Nreebge:

I am east but in dare need of my passport in 5 days time.
Wish am in Abuja right now
Ohhh.. I only have Abuja contact. 45k and your passport is out in 3 days time. If you are ready, you can just send your details, then an appointment is booked for you then you will now come for capturing and then get your passport the two days after.
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Timblogga: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2023
lilvicky68:

totally forgot about this thread. I only paid the only cost and 1500 at the office.
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2023
Timblogga:
totally forgot about this thread. I only paid the only cost and 1500 at the office.

Please elaborate. How did you go about it?

Did you are you process and pay online.?.

Did you travel to lagos to do it or you did It in your state ?
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Timblogga: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2023
eDarlling:

Please elaborate. How did you go about it?

Did you are you process and pay online.?.

Did you travel to lagos to do it or you did It in your state ?
I did it in Enugu, paid online, printed the documents that was sent to my email and went there. I recommend states outside Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Timblogga:
I did it in Enugu, paid online, printed the documents that was sent to my email and went there. I recommend states outside Lagos.

Thank you for the feed back.

Is the passport they do in other state same with the one they do in Lagos?

After your caption , how long did you wait to get it?
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Timblogga: 8:04am On Mar 20, 2023
eDarlling:

Thank you for the feed back.

Is the passport they do in other state same with the one they do in Lagos?

After your caption , how long did you wait to get it?

Nigerian passport is the same everywhere. I took me 3 weeks to get. I didn’t do express.
Re: Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
Timblogga:
Nigerian passport is the same everywhere. I took me 3 weeks to get. I didn’t do express.

Thanks for your feedback

(1) (Reply)

Where To Apply For Uk Visa / What To Do To Visit Obudu Ranch / which is the Best School For Communications Engineering In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.