Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

How Do I Set Up My Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Set Up My Blog? (403 Views)

How Do I Set My Itel Button Phone Configuration To Be Browsing / How Can I Set My Blog To Have Category posts In One Place / How Do I Set Up Broadcast Group On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
Good day everyone. Please I want to set up a blog but I'm a bit confuse on how to go about it.
I have sourced information online concerning it but it seems the information is not sufficient for me.

please is it possible for somebody to set up a blog without some else assistant?

please I need help.
Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by FM678(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
Drop your number.
Sure you can set up a blog yourself without needing assistance from a third-party. All you need to know is some codes in HTML and CSS which will come in handy. Next you need to know what platform you'll be using like the other guy has said.. or but I'd recommend WordPress because it's very flexible and can be tailored to your need. Lastly, you'd need to decide on the niche you want to write about e.g Agriculture, Technology, science, DIY blogs etc.. I wouldn't advise you go for a news Blog but to narrow it down e.g Tech news.. Niche Weblogs are very welcoming and trusted by people that's why they tend to have good rankings on Search Engines. With niche website you can show advertising that is tailored to your audience and tend to have high commission too.. If you want to talk more about your Blog. Drop a WhatsApp link or your number so we can talk what best suits your need.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by LMServices: 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
Abdul4trust1:
Good day everyone. Please I want to set up a blog but I'm a bit confuse on how to go about it.
I have sourced information online concerning it but it seems the information is not sufficient for me.

please is it possible for somebody to set up a blog without some else assistant?

please I need help.
Thank you in anticipation.
Hello. There is no way the information online won't be sufficient for you, except you are looking in the wrong areas.

Ask yourself on what platform you'd love to have your website running? By platform, that is the CMS. The most popular two are Blogger (very restrictive) and WordPress (restrictive and unrestrictive). The restrictive part of WordPress is the while the unrestrictive, limitless version is WordPress.org. The latter allows you to do endless things with your blog and the CMS.

With this few explanation, it is best you now tailor your search to either of the 3.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by brandcarvers: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hello Abdul4trust1
I can imagine how hard this might seem to you but don't be too disturbed.
I watched this video on youtube and also read this blogpost while trying to open my own blog.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Veiniously: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
LMServices:

Hello. There is no way the information online won't be sufficient for you, except you are looking in the wrong areas.

Ask yourself on what platform you'd love to have your website running? By platform, that is the CMS. The most popular two are Blogger (very restrictive) and WordPress (restrictive and unrestrictive). The restrictive part of WordPress is the while the unrestrictive, limitless version is WordPress.org. The latter allows you to do endless things with your blog and the CMS.

With this few explanation, it is best you now tailor your search to either of the 3.
sometimes you need to communicate with people who have been there... Than just article writing buy some one especially one person

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by LMServices: 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Veiniously:
sometimes you need to communicate with people who have been there... Than just article writing buy some one especially one person
For blogs on WordPress, you necessarily do not have to communicate with those who have been there. This is why the idea of install and demo import is made available on almost every WordPress theme these days.

Except your type of blog requires custom development, you are as good as ready to start from the scratch, even without help.

However, in areas of tweaking robots.txt files, using .htaccess for SEO advantages and SEO in general, a newbie will get lost in it through and through.

But first, the focus is on start a blog (building one), and not on writing.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by FM678(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2020
A lot of energy is put into starting the blog but not on the kind of content you put out there. Reason why people steal contents and flush their blogs down the toilet hole.

Why you want to start a blog is a very important question to ask.
The contents you put out there is next. They give you clicks, views and trust. It also helps you with your Rankings like I said earlier.
Anyone can just create a blog because it's very simple to do. You can easily use templates like @LMservices said. But CONTENT IS KING... Let no one tell you anything is better that Content.. If you want to know how to create good contents you can read Everybody Writes by Ann Handley.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
FM678:
Drop your number.
Sure you can set up a blog yourself without needing assistance from a third-party. All you need to know is some codes in HTML and CSS which will come in handy. Next you need to know what platform you'll be using like the other guy has said.. or but I'd recommend WordPress because it's very flexible and can be tailored to your need. Lastly, you'd need to decide on the niche you want to write about e.g Agriculture, Technology, science, DIY blogs etc.. I wouldn't advise you go for a news Blog but to narrow it down e.g Tech news.. Niche Weblogs are very welcoming and trusted by people that's why they tend to have good rankings on Search Engines. With niche website you can show advertising that is tailored to your audience and tend to have high commission too.. If you want to talk more about your Blog. Drop a WhatsApp link or your number so we can talk what best suits your need.
thank you. please check my signature for my WhatsApp number.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
thank you guys for your contributions. is payment for domain name the same thing as hosting the website?
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Kredz(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
Payment for the domain name is different from hosting....Domain name registration is like getting a business, and hosting is like getting a shop.

However, the doamin name registration payment varies, depending on the type you want to go for i.e .com , .ng, .org, .com.ng, .co etc
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kredz:
Payment for the domain name is different from hosting....Domain name registration is like getting a business, and hosting is like getting a shop.

However, the doamin name registration payment varies, depending on the type you want to go for i.e .com , .ng, .org, .com.ng, .co etc
Do I still need to pay for hosting after paying for domain name? Thank you in anticipation.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Kredz(m): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Yes, you do
Re: How Do I Set Up My Blog? by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kredz:
Yes, you do
OK, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Shop All UK & USA 2020 10-70% Off From Nigeria - Registration Is FREE / Tokowhatsapp V1.6 Template / How To Write Quality Content For Your Blog In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.