Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million (11515 Views)

The Nigerian Passport Is Ranked 101st Out Of 199 / Senate Confirms Re-Appointment Of Umar Danbatta As NCC Vice-Chairman / Professor Umar Garba Danbatta Re-appointed Chief Executive Of NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by osazsky(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Money nor dey money nor dey but prik must stand.una dey born o.i thought we were 200m..
Nor 199m has GSM.. then count those toddlers children who dont have phone.populatioon is suppose to be strength just like China na wah o
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Talibanis: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
placement:
Yahoo boiz 50 million subscribers

I swear! grin grin
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Eriokanmi: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
AND SOME PEOPLE SOMEWHERE WOULD BE DECEIVING US THAT NIGERIA IS 200 MILLION IN POPULATION shocked

The 199m plus subscribers exclude the following categories:

1 primary school students in rural settlements
2 secondary school students in rural settlements
3 villagers in places where there's no electricity
4 secondary students in urban public schools
5 primary students in urban primary schools

In my opiniom, Nigeria is nearly 300 m population. The earlier the govt does something on unemployment in Nigeria, the better. There's a lot of problems ahead. No wonder there have been vices here and there. Instead of abating, it's rather increasing. Isn't it the high time we just split to know who's who in our land so we could harness our resources to cater for the teeming unemployed youths? Our government knows our actual population and that's why everyone goes there to steal and leave because they know nothing can ever work in a setting like this. I wish we had a country.
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Newboss(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
ForeThinker:

I'm basically not trying to justify the figures uprightly .but don't forget to include the foreigners living and working in Nigeria as well

Double sim card phones
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Grateful02(m): 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
see money this guy's the make
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by ezugegere(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nonsense! I have up to 6 registered in my name but I only use 2
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by CAUSTIC002: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
ForeThinker:

I'm basically not trying to justify the figures uprightly .but don't forget to include the foreigners living and working in Nigeria as well
Also, a large number of people own more than 1 line.
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Awoleesu(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
ForeThinker:

... And the kidnappers and scammers too!
They subscribing anew to avoid/evade arrest!
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Awoleesu(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eriokanmi:
AND SOME PEOPLE SOMEWHERE WOULD BE DECEIVING US THAT NIGERIA IS 200 MILLION IN POPULATION shocked

In my opiniom, Nigeria is nearly 300 m population. The earlier the govt does something on unemployment in Nigeria, the better. There's a lot of problems ahead. No wonder there have been vices here and there. Instead of abating, it's rather increasing. Isn't it the high time we just split to know who's who in our land so we could harness our resources to cater for the teeming unemployed youths? Our government knows our actual population and that's why everyone goes there to steal and leave because they know nothing can ever work in a setting like this. I wish we had a country.

Sorry, but I object to your argument!
These subscribers include those single individuals with multiple SIM cards! You'll agree with me that the average Nigerian subscribes to at least 3 lines.
What with the criminals, fraudsters, kidnappers and other guys into unorthodox activities?...

Reason am Bros!
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Milotus(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
How many we be for the Country Almost 200M subscribers hmmm
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by ThatFairGuy1: 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
Multi Sim users like us boast the list
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Eriokanmi: 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Awoleesu:

Sorry, but I object to your argument!
These subscribers include those single individuals with multiple SIM cards! You'll agree with me that the average Nigerian subscribes to at least 3 lines.
What with the criminals, fraudsters, kidnappers and other guys into unorthodox activities?...

Reason am Bros!
my question is , what's the percentage of those using multiple sims and those with single sims? It's meagre.
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by edoairways: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
DamnNiggar:
cheesy

Op why post and book space,

I am FTC jare lalasticlala pls remove the booked space above let me take my position.

Mean while how did they get the data to write these??

When Nigeria don't have data base anywhere not online or offline
NCC has your data information, remember you did SIM registration
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by edoairways: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
joseph1832:
199 million plus. That means we are more than 200 million people in naija now. shocked
The article said 199 million active subscribers not human beings. Recall that most Nigerians uses two sims for browsing and calling, what do you expect
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
etokhana:

https://www.independent.ng/nigerian-active-gsm-subscribers-now-199-3-million-danbatta/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The life I just becoming too much. Are the mobile company's re-registering people with the same information. Broadband fibre optic 80 million subscribers. Tomorrow somebody form statistics will come out telling us Nigerians population is 1 trillion wait and see.. realistic fake statistics to get government projects..
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by seanwilliam(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lotto boys
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
edoairways:

The article said 199 million active subscribers not human beings. Recall that most Nigerians uses two sims for browsing and calling, what do you expect

But somebody using two SIMs for browsing and calling cannot be actually active subscribers because there is mobile registration which supposed to filter people's information out. The GSM companies are partly to blame the lines which have been discontinued they are not removing them from the subscriber list also people are registering Lines using multiple identifications. To make matters a lot worse when your life is lost even the mobile company cannot even find your information which you registered the line with. I think the mobile companies are just re-registering people I have a MTN line and I have registered three times for the same line
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
People should stop releasing statistics to collect money from the government and also to collect government contracts. This is becoming too embarrassing since statistics office was moved under the president's office
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by princeakinola1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
is okay, what people that are no more? thus this give us free call or data or pay salary for us as palliative?
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by maisauki: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
How many belongs to you among them
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by maisauki: 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
nairavsdollars:
This Danbatta wan die for NCC
apply to take over from him... we're in a free world
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by RPG2020(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Make this man enter house

Nigeria na scam 99 percent nor get registered birth certificate if you doubt me ask this man where dey born am

Come here dey talk about SIM card wey ordinary person go get like 5 SIM card registered with different names
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by AbuAeesha: 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
marvelphysics:
Me that have subscribed for like 7 sims in two years nkor...
na pple like una dey cause confusion
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by otokx(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Some people have up to 5 lines.
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by nedu666: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
Including yahoo boys with 100sims
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Awoleesu(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eriokanmi:
my question is , what's the percentage of those using multiple sims and those with single sims? It's meagre.
You think so sir?

I guess we'll need some factual stats here...
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by joseph1832(m): 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2020
edoairways:

so the active subscribers aren't human beings?
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Redman44(m): 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eriokanmi:

Birth and Death Registrations are not properly documented in Nigeria. I sincerely believe Nigeria's population should be hovering between 210-230 Milion citizens, not counting Nigerians in the diaspora. We need to know how many babies are born yearly in Nigeria. Government needs to enforce birth registrations in the country. Hospitals should be empowered to register births and deaths and even local nurses and doctors should be able to send data to the National Population Commission at any time of the day. Birth Certificates should be printed and distributed to all hospitals and clinics all over the nation. A Birth Certificate mould should be placed on the National Population Commission's website, so that Doctors and Nurses and Hospital Management can print out birth certificates and issue them to Nigerians directly after paying a form fee to the NPC. Cheers.
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by Overthemoonman: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
I as a person has more than 20 sim cards... Mine is even child's play compared to my friend... That guy has more than 100 sim cards and I am sure all most all young guys and girls have at least 3 sim cards.. This number is trash.. Divide the 190 million by 4...
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by edoairways: 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
joseph1832:
so the active subscribers aren't human beings?
Am not dispute the fact that they aren't used by human beings however, one person may use multiple SIM cards. Therefore it would difficult to view our population based on the number of SIM cards
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by edoairways: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

But somebody using two SIMs for browsing and calling cannot be actually active subscribers because there is mobile registration which supposed to filter people's information out. The GSM companies are partly to blame the lines which have been discontinued they are not removing them from the subscriber list also people are registering Lines using multiple identifications. To make matters a lot worse when your life is lost even the mobile company cannot even find your information which you registered the line with. I think the mobile companies are just re-registering people I have a MTN line and I have registered three times for the same line
Yeah! What do you expect from a weak regulator.
Re: Umar Danbatta: Nigerian Active GSM Subscribers Now 199.3 Million by ojibole(m): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2020
Akorkor:
Hmmmmm. Divide the number by 2 or 3 thats the total number of sim subscribers

Facts cos every Nigerian owns 2 or 3 wins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike: I’ll Replicate Rivers’ Feat For Nigeria / Ebonyi INEC Office Fire: PVCs And Other Items Destroyed (Photos) / NIMC Clears Over 2.5 Million Backlog Of NIN Modification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.