Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' (388 Views)

Ronaldo Becomes First Juventus Player To Score In Nine Straight League Games / Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" / Mikel Obi And Middlesbrough Teammates Visit Primary School In England (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by abullpantii2345: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2020
Chelsea striker Timo Werner has high expectations for himself at Stamford Bridge as he believes he suits the Premier League.

The 24-year-old is now back in Germany along with Chelsea teammate Antonio Rudiger ahead of their UEFA Nations League matches against Spain and Switzerland.

Having left RB Leipzig as their club record top-scorer, Werner has set a similar bar for himself at Chelsea.

Speaking in a press conference for Germany this afternoon, Werner said (via Sport1): “I think that’s more of an incentive. What the club demand of me is no less than I demand of myself.

“The club brought me to score goals, and I did not go to London to say after 28 goals at Leipzig now a few are enough for me.

“I want to prove it there as well as in Leipzig.

“This also feels less like pressure for me, but also from the club side, more like anticipation that I can help celebrate successes.”

Werner also spoke about the difference between the Premier League and Bundesliga, particularly the defenders.

Although he is yet to make his debut in the Premier League, the Germany international has had plenty of experience against English sides, including against Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League with Leipzig. and the recent pre-season friendly against Brighton with Chelsea.

“The defenders in England are more robust than in the Bundesliga,” he explained.

“It’s very, very, much more physical in the Premier League. I have to develop myself and take on this physical aspect.

“English football is very fast. That suits me because I too have reasonably good speed.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPWiZUzZs4

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/want-to-prove-it-timo-werner-talks-about-his-expectations-at-chelsea/
Re: Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by pode(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2020
Guy I wish you the best of luck but you have to be careful with EPL defenders na who them go destroy e carrier them they look for

1 Like

Re: Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by flyingpig: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2020
pode:
Guy I wish you the best of luck but you have to be careful with EPL defenders na who them go destroy e carrier them they look for
grin
Re: Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by uthlaw: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
pode:
aubemeyang also came from germany....over hype to much!
Re: Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by Newman20(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by Newman20(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
I believe he can actually score in England as his pace is amazing. I have never seen anyone with his kinda speed b4 (bar Mbappe) and I think it would help him score a boatload of goals this season cheesy.

Let's not forget injury tho. cry
Re: Timo Werner - 'i Will Prove I Can Score In England Like I Did In Germany' by Newman20(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
uthlaw:
aubemeyang also came from germany....over hype to much!

I don't think Aubameyang was overhyped. He scored 22 goals in the league and that's not an easy feat.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed:why You Have Been Losing In Sport Betting & How To Change Your Story -2 / Super Eagles Players On The Verge Of Breaking Records / Ahmed Musa Breaks His Silence After Al Nassr Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.