Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! (2120 Views)

What Have You Improved On Before ASUU Called Off Strike? / Has ASUU Called Off The Strike??? / ASUU Strike Suspension: Watch Moment ASUU Called Off Its 1 Month Strike (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Seikiri1: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2020
Good day,

The above subject has been giving me alot of thought lately and i couldn't come to a reasonable answer, so I decided to ask the good people here.

Few days ago there was news all over the internet that some states have given date for resumption of school both tertiary, secondary and primary schools within the states.

The question am asking is, Will tertiary institutions that are under the body of ASUU also resume on that set date?

1 Like

Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by hemmex009(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2020
Federal institutes will wait for FG directive..

1 Like

Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by sinkhole: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Seikiri1:

Good day,

The above subject has been giving me alot of thought lately and i couldn't come to a reasonable answer, so I decided to ask the good people here.

Few days ago there was news all over the internet that some states have given date for resumption of school both tertiary, secondary and primary schools within the states.

The question am asking is, Will tertiary institutions that are under the body of ASUU also resume on that set date?

Your answer below sad

2 Likes

Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
federal university are bankrolled by the f.g and thats where ASUU comes in, states university are bankrolled by state govt and I think most of them aint under ASUU because they receive payments directly from the states and the state Governors have the right to resume school when they feels like than waiting for ASUU and F.G wahala, thats the same way private uni can also resume schools without ASUU directives...dts wat i think n i stand to be corrected
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Drbike: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
paulolee:
federal university are bankrolled by the f.g and thats where ASUU comes in, states university are bankrolled by state govt and I think most of them aint under ASUU because they receive payments directly from the states and the state Governors have the right to resume school when they feels like than waiting for ASUU and F.G wahala, thats the same way private uni can also resume schools without ASUU directives...dts wat i think n i stand to be corrected

I am in college of medicine Esut(Enugu state university of science and technology) it's in my institution that ASUU had the meeting that led to strike agreement, the governor of Enugu state graced the meeting and in the end they instituted strike action. Within the next few days, they locked up every academic sections within the college, libraries, auditoriums etc. If they sight you going to class, sorry is your case.

4 Likes

Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Drbike:

I am in college of medicine Esut(Enugu state university of science and technology) it's in my institution that ASUU had the meeting that led to strike agreement, the governor of Enugu state graced the meeting and in the end they instituted strike action. Within the next few days, they locked up every academic sections within the college, libraries, auditoriums etc. If they sight you going to class, sorry is your case.
yes i get ur point bt dts in Enugu...what abt other states dt even the governors and students wants to resume bcoz they are tired of ASUU?
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Uzomacharles: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
I'm confused too
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by oyetpel(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
paulolee:

Tertiary institutions can't resume in this covid period without FG directive.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
oyetpel:

Tertiary institutions can't resume in this covid period without FG directive.
meaning all these states dt are announcing reopening are jus talking about primary and secondary levels?
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Drbike: 2:00am On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

yes i get ur point bt dts in Enugu...what abt other states dt even the governors and students wants to resume bcoz they are tired of ASUU?

ASUU is a body formed as an alliance by various lecturers in different universities. So now, these are the people that are the major stakeholders in the university affairs. You reopen school or not is wholly your business. Reopening of higher institutions won't mean they will start work. A student that decides to go back to school will tell me how he will teach and graduate him or herself. Unless he has an ulterior motive, which many clamouring for reopening have. Settle ASUU and normalcy will return asap. Assuming you are a lecturer and you are being mistreated by the govt, won't you register your displeasure by embarking on strike? I don't blame them, that's where they feed from.
For some students clamouring for reopening, most of them don't have any tangible reason. One boldly told me she needs to be fucking her boyfriend, or is it the one that said he just wants to change environment because he has overstayed at home. There is one that even wants to go back to school because she's broke and school stipends are like her own salaries.
So you see, most are just misguided. Most of these reopening were not properly thought out, it could be more political than just for the need to resume academic activities again by the govt. In the end ASUU and fg will determine what happens next.
Though governor of lagos state said that schools will be allowed to reopen as from sept 14. He didn't say school will reopen. He is just lifting lockdown ban on school. The other follow follow governors didn't even think properly and started pulling their own resumption stunts.

3 Likes

Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by lceyjayz(m): 5:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Drbike:

ASUU is a body formed as an alliance by various lecturers in different universities. So now, these are the people that are the major stakeholders in the university affairs. You reopen school or not is wholly your business. Reopening of higher institutions won't mean they will start work. A student that decides to go back to school will tell me how he will teach and graduate him or herself. Unless he has an ulterior motive, which many clamouring for reopening have. Settle ASUU and normalcy will return asap. Assuming you are a lecturer and you are being mistreated by the govt, won't you register your displeasure by embarking on strike? I don't blame them, that's where they feed from.
For some students clamouring for reopening, most of them don't have any tangible reason. One boldly told me she needs to be fucking her boyfriend, or is it the one that said he just wants to change environment because he has overstayed at home. There is one that even wants to go back to school because she's broke and school stipends are like her own salaries.
So you see, most are just misguided. Most of these reopening were not properly thought out, it could be more political than just for the need to resume academic activities again by the govt. In the end ASUU and fg will determine what happens next.
Though governor of lagos state said that schools will be allowed to reopen as from sept 14. He didn't say school will reopen. He is just lifting lockdown ban on school. The other follow follow governors didn't even think properly and started pulling their own resumption stunts.
Lol most Nigerian girls wants school to resume so that they can continue fvcking random men for money and so on cheesy

well thank God I didn't school in Nigeria, and I got admission and graduated at the right time, even with my unseriousness I still bagged 2.1, it's not actually an achievement though because am not even using it, I have skills that are earning me good income monthly.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 7:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Drbike:

yeah...all this i already knew but u didnt talk abt the case of private universities and state university dt aint part of ASUU, some of them were currently on going even when ASUU announced that strike, so let me ask, if the F.G lifts the total ban of schools because of reduce cases of covid, are u saying that "ALL" universities including private, public and state owned universities would still be locked because of the pending ASUU strike??
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Emmah123: 8:11am On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

yeah...all this i already knew but u didnt talk abt the case of private universities and state university dt aint part of ASUU, some of them were currently on going even when ASUU announced that strike, so let me ask, if the F.G lifts the total ban of schools because of reduce cases of covid, are u saying that "ALL" universities including private, public and state owned universities would still be locked because of the pending ASUU strike??

Oga state universities are part and parcel of ASUU 100%. The current national chairman of ASUU is even a lecturer in a state university. Only private universities lecturers aren't members of ASUU
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2020
Emmah123:

Oga state universities are part and parcel of ASUU 100%. The current national chairman of ASUU is even a lecturer in a state university. Only private universities lecturers aren't members of ASUU
dnt want to argue abt state uni being part of ASUU bcox a Friend schools in one of a state uni and he said for them to join ASUU strike is by choice from the school board and not compulsory because they aint part of ASUU, dt want to argue wat am not sure about...my question is dt, if F.G relax the school lockdown, would private universities and also poly resume or would ASUU still stop them??
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:
Imo State governor is still waiting for FG to pay salaries instead of stepping up a bit and allow us to end the semester.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

dnt want to argue abt state uni being part of ASUU bcox a Friend schools in one of a state uni and he said for them to join ASUU strike is by choice from the school board and not compulsory because they aint part of ASUU, dt want to argue wat am not sure about...my question is dt, if F.G relax the school lockdown, would private universities and also poly resume or would ASUU still stop them??
I agree with you on this.
When the strike was announced this year, my lecturers were saying that the semester exams must end before the FG came and announced this lockdown. I even submitted my presentations during the early stages of the lockdown.

Last strike action, I wrote my papers during that period. The lecturers were saying we shouldn't travel for the break cos we'd all be resuming soonest, strike or not.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Olichoke: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

Take Kogi state university for example, the governor banned ASUU in the school. Most of their lecturers resigned and left. The governor employed other set of lecturers with the condition that they won't join ASUU as a body. So strike won't affect them if FG wants all schools reopened.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2020
KrazyDave16:

I agree with you on this.
When the strike was announced this year, my lecturers were saying that the semester exams must end before the FG came and announced this lockdown. I even submitted my presentations during the early stages of the lockdown.

Last strike action, I wrote my papers during that period. The lecturers were saying we shouldn't travel for the break cos we'd all be resuming soonest, strike or not.
same with my frienda school...even when the strike was announced by ASUU the school still went ahead to finish lectures and start exams before covid break came in..
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by fayded(m): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2020
Drbike, not all state universities are under ASUU, mine is not. And it's in ds south east. When ASUU went on strike, we didn't even partake at all
So get ur facts right.
And on that case of Lagos ordering opening of schools, did u actually listen or watch the video??
He mentioned tertiary institutions not just schools,so lasu is starting on 14th.and they have released the timetable and how different batches of students will come back.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
fayded:
Drbike, not all state universities are under ASUU, mine is not. And it's in ds south east. When ASUU went on strike, we didn't even partake at all
So get ur facts right.
And on that case of Lagos ordering opening of schools, did u actually listen or watch the video??
He mentioned tertiary institutions not just schools,so lasu is starting on 14th.and they have released the timetable and how different batches of students will come back.
thanks man....the gee jus rush attack me asif na him dad be the legal adviser of ASUU..
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Emmah123: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

ASUU can only stop it's member universities which are federal and state universities.
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by paulolee(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Emmah123:

ASUU can only stop it's member universities which are federal and state universities.
and wat about state dt are not part of ASUU bcox not all states are part of ASUU...i think they only have power to federal university and some states uni, not all...tanks shaa
Re: Has ASUU Called Off The Strike!!! by Drbike: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
fayded:
So get ur facts right.

The way the guy presented his points made it look like all state universities are sponsored by the state government and there's never a line in my message that i said universities are under ASUU. If you read critically you will discern where i mentioned that major stakeholders in university affairs are ASUU members.

Meanwhile Gov of lagos stated that his message is not cast on stone and if you listened to the video, he used will be allowed to reopen. There's never a place he made order for reopening. He just lifted ban on school reopening not like he ordered lasu resumption.

(1) (Reply)

Secondary School Transcript. / How To Eliminate "Runs" (corruption) in our Universities / Unad Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.