Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Confidence: An Ingredient In Landing Your Dream Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confidence: An Ingredient In Landing Your Dream Job (152 Views)

5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confidence: An Ingredient In Landing Your Dream Job by ResumesByKay(m): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
"Confidence" as a word is easy to pronounce, but not an attribute easily possessed by humans. If you accept and believe in your self-esteem, experience and skillset - Then you come off as a confident individual.
Our thoughts are determined by our environment, experiences, friends, and parents. Over time, these thoughts determine the way we see ourselves and handle information.
For someone seeking entrance into the workforce, being confident starts from the moment you decide to embark on a job hunt. It reflects in the way you write your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile. Heck! It's evident on the day of the interview.
Gaining confidence requires an enormous amount of work -I mean! transforming your thought pattern isn't a small task to handle, but that's the first step in the entire journey.
For a job seeker with low self-esteem, it's normal to doubt your abilities and believe that some other applicant is way better than you are. But the way you feel about yourself directly affects your job performance and productivity.
The journey to gaining confidence starts with you re-engineering your thoughts and developing self-belief. The difference between you and other applicants is the time and effort you put into the entire journey.
So you want to gain confidence during your job search, here's how to get started.
1. Be mindful of your thoughts and belief. The feeling of being inadequate is normal, but the right question to ask at that moment is, " what am I feeling this way" and "how would this help me".
2. Revamp your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile. There's a feeling of confidence that surrounds you when your resume/CV and cover letter is tailored specifically for a particular position. The advantage is that it communicates your exact expertise to the employer.
3. Always focus on the positive side of every experience. The job hunt journey isn't rosy as some strategy doesn't turn out favourable as planned, but that's life and like the popular slang "we move".
4. Leave your comfort zone. Engaging in new activities might be that jolt you need to step out of your comfort. Being active on LinkedIn, attending seminars (free or paid), and learning new technology.
This activities, though little, might expose you to a world of new opportunities.

Finally, don't compare yourself to others. You are here alone on this journey, the only person you should strive to be better than is you.

It's not easy to make the leap from no confidence to confident. However, it starts with you.

I write resume/CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile
You can reach me via phone call or whatsapp

I'm most active on

linkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/in/resumeandcoverletterbykunle

Twitter @itskunle

(1) (Reply)

2d Drafting & 3d Modeling With Autodesk Inventor For Design Engineers / How Do I Find Xfinity Router Login Password? / Five Signs You Might Be The Bad Coworker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.