Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU (1124 Views)

Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / Please Help, I Am A Man But, I Behave Feminine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by bukatyne(f): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
I have had a thread like this in mind for a long while.

PART 1:
What is femininity to you as a man or woman?

Are Nigerian woman feminine?

Does our society encourage femininity of women?

Examples of popular feminine Nigerian women (my opinion) from their vibes:
1. Linda Ejiofor
2. Monalisa Chinda
3. Ibukun Awosika
4. Folorunsho Alakija
5. Belinda Effah
6. Shakira (not Nigerian I know) grin

PART 2:
What is masculinity to you as a man or woman?

Are Nigerian men masculine?

Does our society encourage masculinity of men?

Examples of popular masculine Nigerian men (my opinion) from their vibes:
1. Zack Orji
2. Van Vicker
3. Fela Durotoye
4. Paul Adefarasin
5. Richard Mofe-Damijo

My examples are not exhaustive, just the names I can remember.

Let's go cheesy
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by SirMichael1: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
On what basis did you arrive at your conclusion about those you termed feminine and masculine?
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
SirMichael1:
On what basis did you arrive at your conclusion about those you termed feminine and masculine?

Their vibes.

Like I said, my opinion.

Oya answer the question in the OP.
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by DontBullshitMe: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Women.

Feminity = beauty, well shaped ass and sizeable breast.

Men.

Masculinity = Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of story. grin
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by SirMichael1: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Their vibes.

Like I said, my opinion.

Oya answer the question in the OP.

Vibes? You mean the aura they give off? What you actually mentioned are successful people in their field. That is, the field of entertainment. Not to forget, handsome men.

Part 1

Q1.
I still remain of the opinion that a feminine lady is one with abundance of emotions at her disposal. Emotions she never tries to influence but arm herself with. Eg, Love, empathy, sympathy, desire, fear, etc. A feminine lady doesn't have to be an intelligent lady but intelligent feminine ladies are always set apart. Also, she is one gracious to look upon.

Q2
Yes. Like I rightly say, the more estrogen you have, the more feminine you're termed. So when you look at the Nigerian society -about 80%, you'll realize that most women live off of men, that is, most of their financial allowances are gotten from men. Really, a man will part with his money if you influence that part of his emotion that cry out desire. Hence, a woman who is able to do that must use the vast array of emotions to disposal in influencing things, which truthfully, is a reality.

Q3
Yes. (Use deductive inference to understand why from my above explanation)

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by zed7: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
You didn't state your definition and you're naming names.

For me a feminine woman is a woman who actually looks like a woman physically and acts like one also. A woman who can handle things when you are not around but sits back and allows you take charge when you are around. A woman who allows you be a man is a feminine woman in my opinion.

A masculine man is one who handles 'important' things and allows a woman handle 'her thing'. For example a masculine man will choose a house that the family should buy after doing proper research and not on sentiments. However, he would not start arguing with his woman on 'less important' things like the flowers to plant or the gas cooker to buy. Most importantly, a masculine man is a provider, protector and decision maker especially when it comes to important decisions in his life and that of his loved ones.

Are Nigerian woman feminine?

A Nigerian woman is not different from any other woman in the world is she?

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by SirMichael1: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
Part 2

Q1
A masculine man is seen as one with confidence, who's able to protect, able to influence decisions, always in control of his emotions -i.e, he doesn't cry over things he can't change, a man who can influence the emotions of a woman. In a family setting, he's always at the helm affairs and seeing to it that things work to a better end. It should be worthy of note that there's a thing line between pride/arrogance and masculinity. In that respite, a man who never listens to the advice of his wife but only his, isn't masculine. On the physical side, he must be attractive, grooms himself and healthy.

Q2.
Are Nigerian men masculine? Well, I'll leave that as I am but limited in interaction with men from different regions. But I'll say that 50% are masculine.

Q3

You ever heard the phrase, 'see as you're acting like you're not a man'? Well, the society has always been at the forefront in programming every male child, conditioning them into being a gentleman. But what the society hasn't been able to do, is figure out a way to do it right. Most men conditioned by the society don't turn out being masculine.
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by bukatyne(f): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
SirMichael1:

Vibes? You mean the aura they give off? What you actually mentioned are successful people in their field. That is, the field of entertainment. Not to forget, handsome men.

Part 1

Q1.
I still remain of the opinion that a feminine lady is one with abundance of emotions at her disposal. Emotions she never tries to influence but arm herself with. Eg, Love, empathy, sympathy, desire, fear, etc. A feminine lady doesn't have to be an intelligent lady but intelligent feminine ladies are always set apart. Also, she is one gracious to look upon.

Q2
Yes. Like I rightly say, the more estrogen you have, the more feminine you're termed. So when you look at the Nigerian society -about 80%, you'll realize that most women live off of men, that is, most of their financial allowances are gotten from men. Really, a man will part with his money if you influence that part of his emotion that cry out desire. Hence, a woman who is able to do that must use the vast array of emotions to disposal in influencing things, which truthfully, is a reality.

Q3
Yes. (Use deductive inference to understand why from my above explanation)

If I mentioned my husband or my colleague, they wouldn't resonate with anyone so naturally, I picked popular people.

1. Interesting
2. I disagree with 80%. It is not upto 50% sef. Except you are specifically referring to sugar daddy/daughter model or marriages like Regina Daniel's.
3. Ok
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by SirMichael1: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2020
bukatyne:

If I mentioned my husband or my colleague, they wouldn't resonate with anyone so naturally, I picked popular people.

1. Interesting
2. I disagree with 80%. It is not upto 50% sef. Except you are specifically referring to sugar daddy/daughter model or marriages like Regina Daniel's.
3. Ok

Why do you disagree? You disagree with the fact that 80% of Nigerian women depend on men for finance?
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by merieam16(f): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lemme park here 2 read comments. where is my popcorn sef
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by WhisperedNoise: 11:43pm On Sep 02, 2020
Waiting with popcorn and soda.
Re: Who Is A Feminine Woman To YOU? Who Is A Masculine Man To YOU by mariahAngel(f): 8:54am On Sep 03, 2020
WhisperedNoise:
Waiting with popcorn and soda.
merieam16:
Lemme park here 2 read comments. where is my popcorn sef

Happy waiting. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales Come In Here / Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband / Why Do Men Get Mad Over Infidelity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.