Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC (37721 Views)

PPMC May Crash Petrol Price As Crude Oil Prices Dip / PDP Rejects N151 Fuel Price, Slams APC. APC Fires Back / Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by Truth63: 9:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
ivandragon:
Lol...

Those who were vocal when it rose to #142 with crude sold at over $90 pb in 2012 have suddenly lost thier voices at #150 in 2020 with crude at under $60 pb.

I remember when supporters of PMB used to post fuel price increases of previous administrations & say PMB is the only one that has never increased price of fuel in Nigeria. Today, they are giving excuses why the increase is inevitable...
Nigerians always has a short memories,
Please let me remind you people that are shouting government is bad. During president Jonathan era, fuel were sold for 97 Naira, but every December, there was always scarcity of fuel. A lot of Nigerians suffered so much that instead of cerebrating Christmas with joy of the season, they celebrated in Agony. I remembered I drove from Lagos to Ibadan searching for fuel and I couldn't get fuel to buy and I had to driven back to Lagos because I needed to fill the GENERATOR in my office to work and as I was driving back from Ibadan, I saw a filling station selling fuel and l drove in and the attendant told me they sell only black market and 50000 Naira for 50 litre, I started begging him and THE guy just left me there stranded. The money I was to use in getting three 50 litres kegs, I used to buy one 50 litre. The attendant whose salary was NGN 25000 a month, ended up making about a million Naira in one or two weeks and started building houses all over the place. During President Jonathan Era, You see children around 10pm, waiting to buy fuel at the filling station just to put on their "i better pass my Neighbour" Generator to sleep and I used to pity them a lot because I couldn't IMAGINE allowing my own children to be at the filling station around that time. Coming back from work, I needed to also get 4 litres of fuel just to sleep because there is always no light at night, l would call my gate man Ali, please take 250 naira and buy me 5 litres and Ali will go and come back and say "Oga dey say 5 litres na 750 Naira". I would have to buy it because family needs to sleep. Nigerians here is The Truth, today so many companies are moving to GHANA instead of Nigeria, Why? Ghana asked our brothers to Give them 1 million dollar and all of you are blaming the government. In GHANA when I was there, Petrol was sold for 350 Nigerian naira when converted to Ghana cedi and I was also shock to see many Shell petrol filling Stations in Ghana. Let me also remind all of us that DUNLOP and most multinational companies are moving to GHANA and we never asked why?.
In Nigeria, people will order 1 dollar item from china and they will sell it for NGN25000 because they want to make high profit. If you don't want to pay for fuel, investors will not come to Nigeria and they will instead go to Ghana where they can make profit. They will also build their refineries in Ghana and they will continue to buy your crude oil. Every investor want to make money like you. Also, your sons and Daughters will be unable to get married and then you begin to go from pillar to post to pray and fast for marital breakthroughs because when they finish University, they are unable to get satisfying jobs.
Please look around you, how much is a 2 bed room flat today in Lagos? Those who say the government is bad, are actually your enemies. Please look around you, from oshodi to yaba to lagos to ibadan, some of your streets are have been fixed with interlock bricks. If we Nigerians do not want to endure and we are listening to people who, because the Government does not allow them have their free way to do whatever they want and they are using us by giving us the wrong information and we are acting based on that and then we have ourselves to blame.
Please look around. The youths want to migrate to Canada, USA, Australia etc and are facing some hardship they don't tell. Some of them cross the Sahara deserts to Europe and perish in the sea. If we don't want our sons and daughters to start thinking that till they move to these places they cannot succeed then we have ourselves to blame. If all of you want the type of president Jonathan's Government since that is what you are craving for, may God almighty grant your request.
However, when that is granted, please don't complain.Kindly endure.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by tot(f): 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
Truth63:
Please let me remind you people that are shouting government is bad. During president Jonathan era, fuel were sold for 97 Naira, but every December, there was always scarcity of fuel. A lot of Nigerians suffered so much that instead of cerebrating Christmas with joy of the season, they celebrated in Agony. I remembered I drove from Lagos to Ibadan searching for fuel and I couldn't get fuel to buy and I had to driven back to Lagos because I needed to fill the GENERATOR in my office to work and as I was driving back from Ibadan, I saw a filling station selling fuel and l drove in and the attendant told me they sell only black market and 50000 Naira for 50 litre, I started begging him and THE guy just left me there stranded. The money I was to use in getting three 50 litres kegs, I used to buy one 50 litre. The attendant whose salary was NGN 25000 a month, ended up making about a million Naira in one or two weeks and started building houses all over the place. During President Jonathan Era, You see children around 10pm, waiting to buy fuel at the filling station just to put on their "i better pass my Neighbour" Generator to sleep and I used to pity them a lot because I couldn't IMAGINE allowing my own children to be at the filling station around that time. Coming back from work, I needed to also get 4 litres of fuel just to sleep because there is always no light at night, l would call my gate man Ali, please take 250 naira and buy me 5 litres and Ali will go and come back and say "Oga dey say 5 litres na 750 Naira". I would have to buy it because family needs to sleep. Nigerians here is The Truth, today so many companies are moving to GHANA instead of Nigeria, Why? Ghana asked our brothers to Give them 1 million dollar and all of you are blaming the government. In GHANA when I was there, Petrol was sold for 350 Nigerian naira when converted to Ghana cedi and I was also shock to see many Shell petrol filling Stations in Ghana. Let me also remind all of us that DUNLOP and most multinational companies are moving to GHANA and we never asked why?.
In Nigeria, people will order 1 dollar item from china and they will sell it for NGN25000 because they want to make high profit. If you don't want to pay for fuel, investors will not come to Nigeria and they will instead go to Ghana where they can make profit. They will also build their refineries in Ghana and they will continue to buy your crude oil. Every investor want to make money like you. Also, your sons and Daughters will be unable to get married and then you begin to go from pillar to post to pray and fast for marital breakthroughs because when they finish University, they are unable to get satisfying jobs.
Please look around you, how much is a 2 bed room flat today in Lagos? Those who say the government is bad, are actually your enemies. Please look around you, from oshodi to yaba to lagos to ibadan, some of your streets are have been fixed with interlock bricks. If we Nigerians do not want to endure and we are listening to people who, because the Government does not allow them have their free way to do whatever they want and they are using us by giving us the wrong information and we are acting based on that and then we have ourselves to blame.
Please look around. The youths want to migrate to Canada, USA, Australia etc and are facing some hardship they don't tell. Some of them cross the Sahara deserts to Europe and perish in the sea. If we don't want our sons and daughters to start thinking that till they move to these places they cannot succeed then we have ourselves to blame. If all of you want the type of president Jonathan's Government since that is what you are craving for, may God almighty grant your request.

Please learn to use paragraphs, spacing and summarisation.
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by Truth63: 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
tot:

Please learn to use paragraphs, spacing and summarisation.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by tot(f): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
Truth63:
Thanks

You are welcome.
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by moreb2cum: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
On behalf of Nigerian Youths, I say we are okay with the harsh economic policies.
When we have a problem with any of it, we know what to do.
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by ivandragon: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
Truth63:

First off, fuel scarcity under the previous regime was on just three or four occasions & it was often as a result of the government's reluctance to pay them some of their dubious claims.

Even under this your preferred administration, we have had numerous fuel scarcities.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-47916923
https://www.google.com/urlq=

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/257917-buhari-fails-to-end-worsening-fuel-scarcity-across-nigeria

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/13/africa/nigerian-fuel-crisis/index.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiM6IzLuMvrAhW2DWMBHfJWCwIQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw35e_GnvSQQ4EKnrKq8F41w

You talk about fixing roads. Which adminstration has not also fixed roads? Or is your own memory too short to recall that even Fashola admitted to the extent of construction carried out by previous adminstration?

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/

You talk about Nigerians wanting to make profits, is the government not also taxing the life out of Nigerians? You expect government to increase cost of doing business without concomitant increase in prices of goods & services? Seriously?

You talk about exchange rates. Whose fault is that? The citizens? The government continues to be confused about its own policies & you blame the masses? That's just a daft way of reasoning & I hope your kids don't take after you in that.

If the government was doing what it should, then people won't want to leave the country. This is the same government that when people complain of draconic policies, government officials & their cronies tell them to leave the country. Is that how a caring & sensible government should talk?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/buhari-says-you-can-leave-nigeria-if-you-want/47114mz&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiY1azQusvrAhVJAWMBHa7uDgoQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0znrh4n6LKudxlAjyu-N3B

Look, you may prefer this administration to the former, that's your choice. You probably enjoy government patronage & have lost your sense of fairness, that's your headache.

A government that does what it tells the citizens not to do, is that a sensible government? Is that how you train your kids? To practice duplicity & double standards?

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by MarvelousMe: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
favor914:
Why only blame 1 man for your failed system of democracy?, if President Buhari that you did not vote for failed you, what of the Governor of your state that you voted for, how has he helped in getting you out of penury? Charity as they say begins at home.

Before buhari, on this same forum everyone blamed the president for all the happenings in this country

Why should that stop now that buhari is the president, or is it that buhari is beyond reproach??
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by leokid866: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
ivandragon:

First off, fuel scarcity under the previous regime was on just three or four occasions & it was often as a result of the government's reluctance to pay them some of their dubious claims.

Even under this your preferred administration, we have had numerous fuel scarcities.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-47916923
https://www.google.com/urlq=

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/257917-buhari-fails-to-end-worsening-fuel-scarcity-across-nigeria

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/13/africa/nigerian-fuel-crisis/index.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiM6IzLuMvrAhW2DWMBHfJWCwIQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw35e_GnvSQQ4EKnrKq8F41w

You talk about fixing roads. Which adminstration has not also fixed roads? Or is your own memory too short to recall that even Fashola admitted to the extent of construction carried out by previous adminstration?

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/

You talk about Nigerians wanting to make profits, is the government not also taxing the life out of Nigerians? You expect government to increase cost of doing business without concomitant increase in prices of goods & services? Seriously?

You talk about exchange rates. Whose fault is that? The citizens? The government continues to be confused about its own policies & you blame the masses? That's just a daft way of reasoning & I hope your kids don't take after you in that.

If the government was doing what it should, then people won't want to leave the country. This is the same government that when people complain of draconic policies, government officials & their cronies tell them to leave the country. Is that how a caring & sensible government should talk?

You know what if it is doing you like that please leave the country..... grin grin.....because I remember the only reason we had to devalue our currency from 190 to 360 was because a certain clueless man that likes wearing cap and his cronies bankrupted the country despite several warnings even from within...so if the current governments ways are doing you like that please take my above advice.... grin
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by primeedulab: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
The economy is hard and it keeps getting harder. Is there ever going to be respite from these hardships that is being thrown at our faces every now and then? Must one continuously have to regret why he/she is a Nigerian? It seems that we're in a depression already, or about to slip into one; the government should please let us know.

Meanwhile, kindly please support our YouTube channel by subscribing for free educational contents to develop your kids whilst schools remain shut. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP6x6oK7Uio
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by ivandragon: 11:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
leokid866:

You know what if it is doing you like that please leave the country..... grin grin.....because I remember the only reason we had to devalue our currency from 190 to 360 was because a certain clueless man that likes wearing cap and his cronies bankrupted the country despite several warnings even from within...so if the current governments ways are doing you like that please take my above advice.... grin

Lol.

The clueless man was succeeded by the useless tyrant...

I guess you were sleeping when the useless tyrant chose to be gallivanting around the country rather than hit the ground running... Or when the useless tyrant was selling dollar at less than #100 to his sycophants while his praise singers where buying it at #360...

I guess you are also blind to the current looting going on that is only being exposed because the useless tyrant has no control over his noisemakers...

By the way, we will not allow this country to be run by useless tyrants supported by confused minions... If you don't like it, you can swim in gutter while shouting sai ... grin
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by leokid866: 12:04am On Sep 03, 2020
ivandragon:

Lol.

The clueless man was succeeded by the useless tyrant...

I guess you were sleeping when the useless tyrant chose to be gallivanting around the country rather than hit the ground running... Or when the useless tyrant was selling dollar at less than #100 to his sycophants while his praise singers where buying it at #360...

I guess you are also blind to the current looting going on that is only being exposed because the useless tyrant has no control over his noisemakers...

By the way, we will not allow this country to be run by useless tyrants supported by confused minions... If you don't like it, you can swim in gutter while shouting sai ... grin
You obviously have been decided to fill up on hate if not you would have realised why the dollar was sold to them at 100 dollars.....but I'm tired of trying to show you the light....just one thing when the rest of Nigeria leaves you behind do not say we did not try to carry you along.
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by rexlims(m): 3:47am On Sep 03, 2020
morgstreme:

Canada is in recession...

UK is in recession..

Argentina,South Africa etc are in recession..

America has showed negative economic growth for the last 2 weeks .

It's because of COVID..Stop being moronic..

Buhari has done WELL...

But I don't expect your semi literate skull to get it..

. Oga u don't need too much book to understand basic economics. Ur analogy no follow at all
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by stonemasonn: 6:02am On Sep 03, 2020
jericco1:
Nothing wey common man go gain from this country. Nothing!!!!
but Buhari is a common man angry
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by Kojiek: 6:20am On Sep 03, 2020
NDI ARA.
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by ivandragon: 6:24am On Sep 03, 2020
leokid866:

You obviously have been decided to fill up on hate if not you would have realised why the dollar was sold to them at 100 dollars.....but I'm tired of trying to show you the light....just one thing when the rest of Nigeria leaves you behind do not say we did not try to carry you along.

Hate? Nope. You are totally wrong. I simply designed my response to mirror yours, so if it seems it is hate filled, look in the mirror.

Why was it sold to them at that? Weren't most of them cronies of the government?

Nigeria will leave YOU behind. That your favoured clowns are in power doesn't mean they would be there forever.

They can enact all the hate speech bills they want because they cannot stomach what they themselves dished out to others, but we will talk, we will be heard & when the time is right, those of you who chose to support wrong because of two pieces of silver will be hopefully... reformed
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by Temi231(f): 6:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Labor have been bribed. See them not talking. Very selfish people.

What they don't know is that their friend, brothers and sister would be affected by this too.

Suffer head smilling Nigerian
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2020
Truth63:

What's this confused guy saying??

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by donprinyo(m): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2020
urchcoded:
of course that's why price of food has gone beyond the reach of the common man. He's working so tirelessly.
He's the best thing that has happened to the mumu Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by SPENCERD(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2020
it is well with us
meanwhile,

We can make available 12,000mt Marine Tanker open for Trade in Nigeria.

Built: 2010, OIL/CHEMICAL TANKER

GRT: 12, 358mt

Loa: 149m / B: 23m / D: 5.2m

FLAG: Liberia

Inspection: Nigeria

--
Thank you.
For: SEAKEY MARINE LIMITED
Spencer David Anthony
Tel: +2348078085091
E-mails: spencer.anthony@seakeymarineng.com
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by Nicholasd: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2020
Rikze:
It is finished!!!

What people see each day are more reasons to be hopeless...

I can't blame them for that...

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by leokid866: 11:27am On Sep 03, 2020
ivandragon:

Hate? Nope. You are totally wrong. I simply designed my response to mirror yours, so if it seems it is hate filled, look in the mirror.

Why was it sold to them at that? Weren't most of them cronies of the government?

Nigeria will leave YOU behind. That your favoured clowns are in power doesn't mean they would be there forever.

They can enact all the hate speech bills they want because they cannot stomach what they themselves dished out to others, but we will talk, we will be heard & when the time is right, those of you who chose to support wrong because of two pieces of silver will be hopefully... reformed
Okay so pay attention.....you have a manufacturing plant, with this plant you make final products from materials you import.....now the dollar has risen making your cost go up.....you know down the long run it will wear on your bottom line and ability to produce and maintain staff, quality and value. You know this so does the government....because it means less taxes and more problems for you.
So the government not wanting to have a harsher economy decides to help out and put you and others like you who import products in the billions to generate value and more taxable money in a special category allowing you to access dollar at a cheaper rate than anybody else......of course there are conditions attached to this like you carrying on and completing some projects you have in hand, some charges you will have to bear which will in time find it's way back to the government, job security first the populace upto a certain percentage ...etc...you do nothe reason these things but just see dangote get dollar at a cheaper price and believe it's because he is from the north....if you were building a refinery of 9 billion dollars, when you start dollar is 160.....then midway shoots to 360 tell me will you be encouraged to carry on knowing your price just tripped? Or will you approach your government to see how they can help?
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by ivandragon: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
leokid866:

Okay so pay attention.....you have a manufacturing plant, with this plant you make final products from materials you import.....now the dollar has risen making your cost go up.....you know down the long run it will wear on your bottom line and ability to produce and maintain staff, quality and value. You know this so does the government....because it means less taxes and more problems for you.
So the government not wanting to have a harsher economy decides to help out and put you and others like you who import products in the billions to generate value and more taxable money in a special category allowing you to access dollar at a cheaper rate than anybody else......of course there are conditions attached to this like you carrying on and completing some projects you have in hand, some charges you will have to bear which will in time find it's way back to the government, job security first the populace upto a certain percentage ...etc...you do nothe reason these things but just see dangote get dollar at a cheaper price and believe it's because he is from the north....if you were building a refinery of 9 billion dollars, when you start dollar is 160.....then midway shoots to 360 tell me will you be encouraged to carry on knowing your price just tripped? Or will you approach your government to see how they can help?

You do not get the situation.

The issue is about rudderless & confused government policies & the glaring hypocrisy of the government & its agents.

Now, is it the citizens that are responsible for the increase in the exchange rate?

Is it the citizens that are increasing taxes?

Why doesn't the government cut out/reduce associated costs to fuel distribution?

Why not make it a truly free market economy by removing the bridging cost which makes the south bear the extra cost of fuel up north?

You talk about dangote getting favourable exchange rates, what about funtua & other cronies? Where they also building refineries?
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by leokid866: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
ivandragon:

You do not get the situation.

The issue is about rudderless & confused government policies & the glaring hypocrisy of the government & its agents.

Now, is it the citizens that are responsible for the increase in the exchange rate?

Is it the citizens that are increasing taxes?

Why doesn't the government cut out/reduce associated costs to fuel distribution?

Why not make it a truly free market economy by removing the bridging cost which makes the south bear the extra cost of fuel up north?

You talk about dangote getting favourable exchange rates, what about funtua & other cronies? Where they also building refineries?

If you want to see the price of a free market take a look at the banking sector.....I say no more....bless
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by NotJobless: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Re: Petrol Price Now N151.56 Per Litre ― PPMC by a4cube: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Truth63:
During Jona era it was only once we had fuel scarcity in Dec. The other time was during subsidy removal on 1st of Jan 2012. So bring another lie of every dec.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Oyetola Pencils 50 Lawyers. APC, Adeleke Trade Words / Governor Aregbesola Asked People To Fast In Osun & Was Mocked / Dino Melaye: Ozekhome Explains Why Judge Refused To Send Kogi Senator To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.