Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) (4912 Views)

Baby Fell Out Of Mum's Moving Car, Ran Over By Another Car In U.S.(Pics) / SUV Of Missing Mum And Two Kids Pulled From River After 20years In U.S.(Pics) / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Golan007: 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lordmykel:
imagine if 19 white families purchased 97 acres of land in Nigeria to build "white city"

� how does that sound?.

black people like doing things on the extreme..

look at what they are doing in a white man's country. if it was the other way round they will be the ones to scream racism.

they should use that money and come and develop Africa and stop fighting to be accepted in a white man's country.

This isn't the first case of any ethnicity buying up land to set up it's own community in the US.

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by RosyIsBlessed: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
Explorers:
“I am concerned. At times distraught. For the first time ever in my life, I felt disempowered. So much so that the overachieving, solution-oriented, practical, non-emotional person that I am had to stop,” Scott wrote.

“I sought counseling from a black therapist and it helped.

It helped me to realize that what we as black people are suffering from is racial trauma.

We are dealing with systemic racism.

We are dealing with deep-rooted issues that will require more than protesting in the streets.

It will take for us as a people, as Atlanta rapper and activist Killer Mike so eloquently put, ‘To plot, plan, strategize, organize and mobilize.’

Interesting!!

The third picture must be kidwaya's elder brother. cheesy too much resemblance
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by illicit(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Black and White diamonds
no segregations

Lil Wayne

But is having a black city not Rascism too

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Bojack(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Black city ke

Imagine if whites in the US decides to build their own city, we all know how that would play out.

But anyways is it not black americans again, make guns and drugs first enter there grin
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by RemoveKebab: 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
Gmajor:

Lol.

This is a joke right?
Take all your time and read about this, you know it ain't joke.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

I'd suggest reading a little bit about "Freeway" Ricky Ross and his dealings with the CIA.
(This is about CIA putting drugs in black communities to steriotype them for generations to come)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Freeway%22_Rick_Ross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXFvuJjCbQQ
And finally this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJkNEtgMulw
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Twizzy30(m): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
These people are not ready to end the suppose systemic racism. This is not how to put an end to it. Educate your people on the need for education, the highest level of education possible, take up position at all levels of the government and change things from there. Educate your people to drop the gun violence, drugs, gang violence and the likes.

8 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by ATTemi: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
See clients!
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Hakeem12(m): 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lordmykel:
imagine if 19 white families purchased 97 acres of land in Nigeria to build "white city"

� how does that sound?.

look at what they are doing in a white man's country. if it was the other way round they will be the ones to scream racism.

they should use that money and come and develop Africa and stop fighting to be accepted in a white man's country.
As if america belongs to white people. History should be taught at all levels really

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
ednut1:
We know how it will end. Blacks everywhere are the same. Just look at those carribean islands with majority blacks

You are going too far...

Blacks murder more blacks in the US each year, by several magnitudes.

Last weekend 54 people were shot in Chicago: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/08/31/at-least-46-people-shot-10-killed-in-weekend-gun-violence-in-chicago/
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Bojack:
Black city ke

Imagine if whites in the US decides to build their own city, we all know how that would play out.

But anyways is it not black americans again, make guns and drugs first enter there grin

They want segregation again.

Anyway, it will be illegal to refuse whites entry, or settlement, based on their race.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by OscarJaden(m): 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
ATTemi:
See clients!
ur head dey game my Nigga
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Flytime: 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Poorboy:
When they finish I need Visa there.....
they are still under America and it'll take at least a decade to get to the standards over there except there's a major financial support.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Lipscomb(m): 3:08am On Sep 03, 2020
What I can see here is business strategies nothing less.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Poorboy: 3:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Flytime:
they are still under America and it'll take at least a decade to get to the standards over there except there's a major financial support.
okoooo
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 4:13am On Sep 03, 2020
when i say somthing nairalanders would begin to slam me but i would say it anyways,its is not wrong to buy a land but it is wrong to do stuffs for charity and go to the public with it,openly taking credit for a good thing you have done by yourself is some worth selfish,and that is one thing ruining black people,it is this same mentality that has stagnated most black comunities and africa for ages(pride),this is the same reason why our leaders feel like leadership is their birth right,making other people feel inferior and want to continue to dominate,most black people have this mentality. the only reason why this family has to go public with this is because they want to be seen as the rulers of the future comunity and to seperate the rights of their kids from the rights of other black kids through the family name or else they could easily claim anonymity for the act,going public eliminates the purpose of charity,the moment people feel they are in debt to you and therefore live their lives trying to make up for that ,they are not free but enslaved,true freedom is when people have access to something they call their own without any feeling of debt or repayment . its easier for people to get over somthing they got through an anonymous means than to know in person who was behind what was given. within my last words you may argue that people have the right to refuse the offer to move into this new place but some people just dont have a choice.we didn't even know the likes of nikola tesla(the man who wanted to give free electricity to the world) nor people like thomas sankara(a great symbol of revolution)why? because these people never saw themselves any different or put themselves above other people and their virtues survived through the ages, people who dug through past footprints to trace the history of some magnificent findings discovered them. good for them anyways but not so good.

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Sunmolar(m): 8:34am On Sep 03, 2020
Will it be tax - free? If otherwise neo-slavery continue.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Vyzz: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Lordmykel:

� how does that sound?.

I disagree sir...

They are in their country... The didn't beg to be Americans... Infact the were kidnapped and forced to be Americans...

They can do whatever the want with their money...

Let's try to be optimistic for once when looking at our brothers... With the right laws and law enforcers... Things will be better, though not perfect because perfection is uncertain..

This is the type of thing I will want to get involved with...

And Africa should develop herself instead of always looking for who to develop Her...

But I agree that there is no place safer for a black skin than in Africa...

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by sayso: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Blacks can't stay alone ooh. The fine ones are mixed else na kenya breed you go see all around in years to come. Somalia loading inside us.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Cousin9999: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
This board is crawling with oyinbos. It's disgusting. You can tell by the comments in here and the trolls paid by oyinbos.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Ishilove: 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ambitious project.

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by dasparrow: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
Golan007:
The people writing the nonsense above cannot be black.

Then you don't know Nigerians. The average Nigerian is a self hating, inferiority complex stricken, low self-esteem coon. The average Nigerian's mindset is so messed up, there is a reason why our people are disliked everywhere they go. A lot of Nigerians have such hatred in their hearts for the Black race that if I alone consisted of a Black country, I will bar Nigerians from migrating into my country. There is a reason why I keep Nigerians at bay.

In the western world and in foreign countries generally, you will see Nigerians plotting and scheming on how to get their fellow Nigerians who don't have their papers (work permit, permanent residency, citizenship) deported back to Nigeria. As someone who was born and partially bred in Western Europe, and I have my papers by the way, I found Nigerians' behavior interesting but nauseating.

I have a feeling that many Nigerians think that if they tear down members of their own race while worshipping the white race, it will get them far in life in the white man's land. They don't realize that white supremacists don't care how good of a 'negro' you are. In their sight, you are still seen as repulsive. Anyway, Nigerians will learn the hard way someday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by dasparrow: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Cousin9999:
This board is crawling with oyinbos. It's disgusting. You can tell by the comments in here and the trolls paid by oyinbos.

No it is not oyibos posting these disgusting comments. It is actually Nigerians. Unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians are self hating inferiority complex stricken coons who hate the Black race. I now understand why Africans from other African countries don't like Nigerians and treat our people with disdain and contempt when they get to other African countries.

Nigerians are the only group of Black people I know that try to be more white supremacist than the white supremacists themselves. In Nigeria, a white, indian, chinese or lebanese person can slap a Nigerian for no reason and when the Nigerian who was assaulted tries to retaliate, Nigerians will take sides with the foreigner.

Nigerians are the only black people I know of who will plot and scheme to get their fellow Nigerians who don't have their papers deported from whatever foreign country they all are residing in.

Nigerians are the only group of Black people who come to Nairaland and spout racist and white supremacist nonsense against their own race hoping that that will endear whites to them.

I remember being on the information sharing site "Quora" and there was this Nigerian (I won't mention his tribe because that's inconsequential) who joined white Americans on the Quora forum in bashing black Americans. Guess what? Not one single white American responded to the Nigerian man's post and no one gave his comment a thumbs up or "Like." Nigerians don't realize that white people have no regard or respect for self hating inferiority complex stricken black coons who bash members of their own race while trying to be wannabe whites.

Any self respecting black person will do well to keep away from most Nigerians because Nigerians have proven that the American adage "All skin folk ain't kin folk" is true indeed.

Never assume that because someone is "Black", that it means that the person will automatically love the black race and want what's best for all Black people. That is a dangerous assumption to have.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Nostradamus: 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
heendrix:
American Authorities have got nothing to worry about cause after building the damn city they'd get Guns and finish each other without external force just like they do to each other in Chicago and Texas.

Ain't they Black Americans the most dumbest n senseless sect of humans to ever Exist
nigerians nko??
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Nostradamus: 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lordmykel:

� how does that sound?.

only if the Africans at home don't rob/dupe them.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by dasparrow: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
Explorers:
In the middle of the protests over police brutality and a pandemic, 19 black families have joined forces and purchased 96.71 acres of land in Toomsboro, Georgia.

They plan to build a new, safe city there.

Ashley Scott, a Georgia-based realtor, started The Freedom Georgia Initiative with a few like-minded people.

Scott explained that the idea came after the death of Ahmaud Arbery, a black man who was killed by a group of white men while out on a jog.

https://www.boredpanda.com/19-black-families-purchase-land-safe-city-the-freedom-georgia-initiative/

I find what these Black Americans are doing commendable. However, this is not the first time Black Americans have tried to build their own cities within the United States to catch a break from racism. Where Central Park in New York City, New York stands today used to be Seneca Village. The place was thriving before the white government of that time chased the Black Americans who purchased the land away. I am going to attach proof of that below. Here is a link for those who would like to read more about Seneca Village:

https://www.centralparknyc.org/attractions/seneca-village-site

Then Black Americans created Black Wall Street, a thriving Black American community in Tulsa Oklahoma which had thriving well organized Black businesses, safe thriving Black neighborhoods until white supremacists destroyed everything leaving the black community destitute yet again. Here is a link to Black Wall Street:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/04/what-is-black-wall-street-history-of-the-community-and-its-massacre.html

It is unfortunate that most Nigerians know nothing about Black Americans, their struggles and numerous setbacks, what they have tried to achieve in a racially hostile environment like the United States and how each time they succeeded in achieving something for themselves and their communities, white supremacists destroyed everything for them.

Nigerians do not realize that if it were not for black Americans and the sacrifices they made, other black nationals would not even stand a chance of being allowed to come to the United States.

Now that a white supremacist is the president of the United States, what did he do? He barred Nigerians from permanently migrating to the United States. Should he come back for a second term in office, he might just bar Nigerians from visiting or schooling in the United States altogether. In fact, when he is done with Nigerians, Nigerians will learn that being a self hating coon who bashes your own race while exalting other races never pays at the end.

I just hope white supremacists will not destroy this community they are building again once it's completed because history has a funny way of repeating itself. Even worse, many Americans know nothing about the Tulsa Oklahoma massacres, black wall street and Seneca Village. This are historical facts the American school system does not teach them on purpose. When we don't learn from the mistakes from the past, we are bound to repeat them.

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by dasparrow: 11:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bojack:
Black city ke

You are very naive. The number one reason these Black Americans are setting up this city is to shield themselves from racism. With all the unnecessary killings of blacks in the United States, why wouldn't they want to set up a city of their own where they could feel safe?

You look down on black Americans when your own country Nigeria is such a mess that an increasing number of countries don't want Nigerians in their country again.

You sit on your high horse to judge black Americans whom you know little or nothing about when your own country Nigeria has become a kidnapping den. When your country Nigeria is fast becoming Africa's rape capital where even little children are raped daily by adult Nigerian men.

A country where fulani herdsmen are killing and maiming men, women and children and desecrating entire villages. A country where Christians are being slaughtered by Muslims all because of religious intolerance. A country whose citizens are willing to migrate to just about any country of the world even where they are not wanted just to escape the hardship in Nigeria. A country where cultism is the norm. A country where tribalism thrives.

And then you who comes from such a crappy country where all the aforementioned happen on a daily basis now wants to look down on black Americans. Oh the irony! I am not a black American but that does not stop me from calling out your faulty way of looking at things. Be humble and go fix your country Nigeria before having the audacity to bad mouth black people from America. Shalom!
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 04, 2020
ednut1:
one of the founder go first sleep with person wife or daughter. Cause fight, and move out. Another go dupe others with inflated expenses. Na black for you be that
Every vice has its signature and what you described smells of white man.

Blacks can be crazy but they hardly do those things you mentioned besides those guys I see in the pics are more like second or third generation immigrant blacks from Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic etc and they are mostly responsible citizens unlike average black Americans.
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by chukxie(m): 1:10am On Sep 04, 2020
Too many naive, senseless comments here by low-minded, low -self-esteemed individuals who apparently have bought hook line and sinker the stereotypical views of white folks. Shameful how some people's minds have been conditioned to believe unreservedly that the black race lacks the capacity to develop and excel by themselves.

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by K254725: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2020
RemoveKebab:
When it's completed, thats where their government will use to conduct their highly classified experiments.
Their food, water, soil and the air they breath are still controlled by the whites
The black skin is much safer in Africa than anywhere else in the world,
Little is known that this is the greatest fear of the white man.

It's actually surrounded by extreme white supremacists where black people are banned from stepping ... I fear for them. That money should have bought land in Ghana on any other African place where they are welcome
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by K254725: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
chukxie:
Too many naive, senseless comments here by low-minded, low -self-esteemed individuals who apparently have bought hook line and sinker the stereotypical views of white folks. Shame some people's minds have been conditioned to believe unreservedly that the black race lacks the capacity to develop.
They don't know they're talking against themselves...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travel / The Incredible Dubai [photos] / Virgin Atlantic Dirty Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.