Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) (4908 Views)

Baby Fell Out Of Mum's Moving Car, Ran Over By Another Car In U.S.(Pics) / SUV Of Missing Mum And Two Kids Pulled From River After 20years In U.S.(Pics) / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
In the middle of the protests over police brutality and a pandemic, 19 black families have joined forces and purchased 96.71 acres of land in Toomsboro, Georgia.

They plan to build a new, safe city there.

Ashley Scott, a Georgia-based realtor, started The Freedom Georgia Initiative with a few like-minded people.

Scott explained that the idea came after the death of Ahmaud Arbery, a black man who was killed by a group of white men while out on a jog.

https://www.boredpanda.com/19-black-families-purchase-land-safe-city-the-freedom-georgia-initiative/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
“I am concerned. At times distraught. For the first time ever in my life, I felt disempowered. So much so that the overachieving, solution-oriented, practical, non-emotional person that I am had to stop,” Scott wrote.

“I sought counseling from a black therapist and it helped.

It helped me to realize that what we as black people are suffering from is racial trauma.

We are dealing with systemic racism.

We are dealing with deep-rooted issues that will require more than protesting in the streets.

It will take for us as a people, as Atlanta rapper and activist Killer Mike so eloquently put, ‘To plot, plan, strategize, organize and mobilize.’

7 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
The group joined several Facebook groups discussing building black cities and new Black Wall Streets, and it turned out there were more people who shared the same desires.

Together, they began to look for ways to change the world for the better in whatever way they could.

“We wanted to make some kind of difference that could ensure the safety of our black sons and black husbands when they went about their lives just breathing and being.

We wanted to do something to amass black power to affect real change.”

8 Likes

“We figured we could try to fix a broken system or we could start fresh.

Start a city that could be a shining example of being the change you want to see.

We wanted to be more involved in creating the lives we really want for our black families.

And maybe, just maybe, create some generational wealth for ourselves by investing in the land.

Investing in creating a community that is built around our core values and beliefs.”

“We figured we could try to fix a broken system or we could start fresh. Start a city that could be a shining example of being the change you want to see.

We wanted to be more involved in creating the lives we really want for our black families.

And maybe, just maybe, create some generational wealth for ourselves by investing in the land.

Investing in creating a community that is built around our core values and beliefs.”

The plan is to create a community with green, environmentally safe, and eco-friendly building materials that honor Mother Nature

A community that is self-sufficient and thriving with a living food system built by black farmers to provide food security for all their neighbors.

A community that prioritizes diversity and inclusion by hiring BIPOC and women vendors, suppliers and contractors, a community that boasts accessible spaces for all people.

Finally, a community where all black folks could come home without being murdered by police.

5 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Poorboy: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
When they finish I need Visa there.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by hisgrace090: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
This solution get as it is, they should think twice to avoid problem of their hatters asking them to relocates to black city if they don't like how they're treated.

3 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
We know how it will end. Blacks everywhere are the same. Just look at those carribean islands with majority blacks

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by flyingpig: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
ednut1:
We know how it will end. Blacks everywhere are the same. Just look at those carribean islands with majority blacks
lol ghetto area. Crime-prone eh?!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by BigTableShaker(f): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
Black city?!
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by iamoyindamola(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
But but white cops will still enter cry

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by MJBOLT: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
nice one but na them go still use hand scatter am.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by missjo(f): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
How realistic is this?

3 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
Until we all as Creatures Created by God Almighty in His Image Decide to Submit to The one who created us, We will keep Going in Circles..

Look at Chicago in the USA ! There is Hardly a day that passes Where Blacks don't kill their Fellow Blacks ! Same goes in Africa, in Nigeria, etc

We all are Images of God..

What will make us One is when we ALL Submit to God our Creator.
Outside that , we will Keep Decieving ourselves..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by RemoveKebab: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
When it's completed, thats where their government will use to conduct their highly classified experiments.
Their food, water, soil and the air they breath are still controlled by the whites
The black skin is much safer in Africa than anywhere else in the world,
Little is known that this is the greatest fear of the white man.

11 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Imustreturn(m): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
Guys are angry grin

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by ednut1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:
lol ghetto area. Crime-prone eh?!
one of the founder go first sleep with person wife or daughter. Cause fight, and move out. Another go dupe others with inflated expenses. Na black for you be that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by heendrix(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2020
American Authorities have got nothing to worry about cause after building the damn city they'd get Guns and finish each other without external force just like they do to each other in Chicago and Texas.

Ain't they Black Americans the most dumbest n senseless sect of humans to ever Exist

6 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by flyingpig: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
ednut1:
one of the founder go first sleep with person wife or daughter. Cause fight, and move out. Another go dupe others with inflated expenses. Na black for you be that
grin if I were to live in USA I would prefer a 68% white - 32% black community. Once blacks get upper edge or even as much as 55-45 I don run. Not to mention when it is now all black community. No be me go lose my life to gun duels and thug clashes grin

7 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Aidejay(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
See comments. embarassed

No wonder......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Lordmykel(m): 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
imagine if 19 white families purchased 97 acres of land in Nigeria to build "white city"

� how does that sound?.

black people like doing things on the extreme..

look at what they are doing in a white man's country. if it was the other way round they will be the ones to scream racism.

they should use that money and come and develop Africa and stop fighting to be accepted in a white man's country.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by chelseamann(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
Aidejay:
See comments. embarassed

No wonder......
but they re saying the truth na

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Birdeyeview: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
angry
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Gmajor(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
RemoveKebab:
When it's completed, thats where their government will use to conduct their highly classified experiments.
Their food, water, soil and the air they breath are still controlled by the whites
The black skin is much safer in Africa than anywhere else in the world,
Little is known that this is the greatest fear of the white man.

Lol.

This is a joke right?

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Gmajor(m): 5:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:
grin if I were to live in USA I would prefer a 68% white - 32% black community. Once blacks get upper edge or even as much as 55-45 I don run. Not to mention when it is now all black community. No be me go lose my life to gun duels and thug clashes grin

This place will be different if it's mainly rich black people.

Poverty brings out the worst in people.

7 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Gmajor(m): 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
This is a classic example of a white elephant project.

A more sensible idea would have been to invest in businesses or in sectors that will yield direct benefit to Black Americans.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by flyingpig: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
Gmajor:

This place will be different if it's mainly rich black people.

Poverty brings out the worst in people.
True to some extent, not like some rich black Americans like diddy, 50cent and others are not crime sponsors anyway.

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Thazard(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
flyingpig:

I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by CAPSLOCKED: 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
IF THE POLICE DON'T KILL THEM THEIR FELLOW BLACKS WILL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
if only this Love and unity can be spread across Nigeria, It would have benefits us all.

1 Like

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by merieam16(f): 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
Trump wont like this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by tillaman(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
Why conform to a society that hates you!!
The system is so screwed up
But I don’t see this thriving though but I love the fact that they atleast tried to do something
Re: 19 Black Families Purchased 97Acres Of Land To Build New Black City In U.S(Pics) by Golan007: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
The people writing the nonsense above cannot be black.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

E-passport Seized At Lagos Int'l Airport Due To Chip Damage / beauty of nature: amazing confluence of rivers around the world / Virgin Atlantic Dirty Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.