Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Hello there - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hello there (2590 Views)

hello / Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Hello Heathens! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello there by aygbolly2: 8:41pm On Sep 02, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello there by chatinent: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2020
Be open minded and we can chat.
Re: Hello there by aygbolly2: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
chatinent:
Be open minded and we can chat.
what makes you think I'm not.. of course I am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello there by Daejoyoung: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
What jesus said about being the way, the truth, and the life, or entering the kingdom of Heaven was never about Religion or a particular belief system but rather about obeying his teachings.

Why do you call me lord, lord and not do what I say.

Doing the will of God was to believe that the teachings of jesus are teachings of God who sent him, and then to take those teachings seriously.
Re: Hello there by chatinent: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
aygbolly2:

Please read James 1 Vs 13.
Re: Hello there by XXXXTENTACION: 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
Religion na scam undecided

life is not fair some are born with silver spoon, while others are born with wooden spoon.

6 Likes

Re: Hello there by SpecTTraP: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Religion na scam undecided

life is not fair some are born with silver spoon, while others are born with wooden spoon.

U dey talk of wooden spoon. Some no even born with any spoon at all. At times I fault God in many ways for being unfair. How can he give some people so much in life and give others little or absolutely nothing. As men, you see some very tall and handsome while others hardly reach 5ft. Down their trousers, you see some guys gathering almost 1 foot dick long or even more while others carry miniature. Abeg, God is unfair.
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
If I reach heaven and Baba say. My son the part u chose wasnt the right one. I go employ lawyer to defend me say no be me choose and that it was a configured setting not only to me but to millions.

So outta 1million people, if only 100 changed along the line, it means the 100 people are the problems coz if it was normal, number of people leaving from one place to another will be like 500k, then we can judge.

Bottom line

Focus on DOING GOOD. IF HEAVEN IS REAL, GOOD DEEDS WILL TAKE YOU THERE.

RELIGION IS JUST THERE TO ENSURE U HAVE MORALS.

Coz without religion (on home training) and fear of God in Africa. E for worse pass like this.

Extremist are making religion look like Hell itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello there by rezky(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
The earier we realise we are serving one God the better.
As far as i'm concern.., i believe in every faith have come to know., It all boils down to individual choices and perception.
It's not a must you practise your parent religion., and just like you said its only few exceptions where a child choose another relgious belief aside the one he/she was nurtured with.
To your question., I'll say God is just., we humans just take religion too extreme.

1 Like

Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
A god that orders genocide is not the kind of god anyone should call fair and just.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello there by XXXXTENTACION: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
SpecTTraP:

U dey talk of wooden spoon. Some no even born with any spoon at all. At times I fault God in many ways for being unfair. How can he give some people so much in life and give others little or absolutely nothing. As men, you see some very tall and handsome while others hardly reach 5ft. Down their trousers, you see some guys gathering almost 1 foot dick long or even more while others carry miniature. Abeg, God is unfair.
this life no just balance at all undecided its left for every man to find his own way cool
Re: Hello there by FatherOfJesus: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
He's a Muslim and you are quoting the bible. Why do you think he should believe whatever your bible says?

Can you be open-minded yourself?
chatinent:

Please read James 1 Vs 13.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello there by Image123(m): 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
kingxsamz:
A god that orders genocide is not the kind of god anyone should call fair and just.
Do you have example of the fair and just one, or you are wasting your time hence your life once again?
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
aygbolly2:
The religionsists speaks based on the teachings they get from the book given to them, so to be open minded for real we have to subject all the books to scrutiny, found out why must we trust the book in the first place, before we can start trusting (believing) the book! cheesy
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Image123:

Do you have example of the fair and just one, or you are wasting your time hence your life once again?

cheesy Is a genocide thirsty god fair and just?
You sef reason am. cheesy
Re: Hello there by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
kingxsamz:

cheesy Is a genocide thirsty god fair and just?
You sef reason am. cheesy

You forgot to give me the example of the fair and just one. You're very forgetful.
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Image123:

You forgot to give me the example of the fair and just one. You're very forgetful.

You're the one who calls him, good, fair and just.
So answer yourself. cheesy
Re: Hello there by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're the one who calls him, good, fair and just.
So answer yourself. cheesy

Good, so you agree He is good, fair and just. Wonderful. But you don't believe that He exists. But He is not good, fair or just. He commits genocide. But He doesn't exist. How do you cope, i feel sleepy already thinking so foolishly.
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
Image123:

Good, so you agree He is good, fair and just. Wonderful. But you don't believe that He exists. But He is not good, fair or just. He commits genocide. But He doesn't exist. How do you cope, i feel sleepy already thinking so foolishly.

What brand of weed did you smoke?
Seems like you're having comprehension problems this night. grin

2 Likes

Re: Hello there by Image123(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
kingxsamz:

What brand of weed did you smoke?
Seems like you're having comprehension problems this night. grin

The brand you take every day. Wow, it indeed makes one liable to die young.
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Image123:

The brand you take every day. Wow, it indeed makes one liable to die young.
grin grin
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 03, 2020
I've tried just two books before i became satisfied with the research i was making. The Bible is the one and only TRUE source of divine guidance from God!
There are many other books but if you wish to know why i choose the Bible, you and i can reason together on the BENEFITS i've found in studying the Bible.
There are three major steps to ascertain the authenticity of any religious book or concept:-

Find out the THEORY

Know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION

Analyse the BENEFITS

If it's fair to one and all then there is no doubt that such a book with it's concept is from the highest intelligent being of all times (GOD) smiley
Re: Hello there by FatherOfJesus: 6:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Dont you wish to know why others chose theirs as well?
Maximus69:
I've tried just two books before i became satisfied with the research i was making. The Bible is the one and only TRUE source of divine guidance from God!
There are many other books but if you wish to know why i choose the Bible, you and i can reason together on the BENEFITS i've found in studying the Bible.
There are three major steps to ascertain the authenticity of any religious book or concept:-

Find out the THEORY

Know the PRACTICAL APPLICATION

Analyse the BENEFITS

If it's fair to one and all then there is no doubt that such a book with it's concept is from the highest intelligent being of all times (GOD) smiley

2 Likes

Re: Hello there by CAPSLOCKED: 6:49am On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
Good evening nlanders.. I'm asking this question out of curiosity after thinking about certain things that occur in life. Now, when a child is born, he/she automatically practises the religion of the parent and the probability that the child will practise the inherited religion till death is almost total except in rare cases where the child converts into another religion.

I am a Muslim by the way, because my parents are also Muslims and what my religion says is that any religion besides Islam is not acceptable by Allah and I have also learnt that Christianity also preaches that whosoever doesn't accept Jesus as his Lord and savior will not be granted the kingdom of heaven..

However, in most cases, a child inherits religion, and clearly whether he/she enters heaven or hell according to either religion is not his/her decision but that of the parent and ancestors.

I personally assume that this doesn't signify justice and fairness by God to the child if he/she eventually falls on the wrong side i.e end up practising the wrong religion but what we have always been told is that God is a fair and just God.

YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT CHILDREN BORN INTO JUST CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM HOMES, BUT THERE ARE MANY MORE RELIGIONS. AS OF TODAY'S COUNT, THERE ARE AT LEAST 3,000 OF THEM THAT ARE KNOWN AND WIDELY PRACTICED.

DO YOU NOW SEE HOW ALL OF US ARE FUCD?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello there by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2020
FatherOfJesus:

Dont you wish to know why others chose theirs as well?

May God bless you again and again and again for this thought provoking question! smiley

Well they can't come out to say anything tangible because the Bible revealed a secret over 3,000 years ago regarding this question of yours.

It says

"those who are worshiping the works of their own imagination will remain silent and they will not be able to speak or see anything tangible, their gods are fabrications of their thoughts so there is nothing they can say" {Psalms 115:3-8}

The Bible's Author also add

"no weapon (sweet motivational speeches of no value) formed against you will have any effect, and you will condemn the tongue that rise against you in judgment, this is the heritage of the servants of JEHOVAH (the one and only TRUE God), and their righteousness (high profitable intellect) is from me declared JEHOVAH" Isaiah 54:17

A young man from Nazareth (Jewish community) in the first century began teaching people how to make PEACE reign throughout the earth, his true disciples are numbering over 8,700,000 today in all the countries of the world, they're confidently and boldly going to meet their neighbours at home in a bid to discuss with them on how to make PEACE reign globally, and the book they're using for excellent counseling is the Bible.

Surely others are silent because they don't have what it takes to make peace reign like the true worshipers of God. It was in my own house that they came to discuss with me, not in some noisy bus or streets but they actually left the comfort of their own homes to come and speak with me in my own house!

Certainly they have what it takes to convince people that the truth is with them!

Well ever since i was born, i've never seen or heard of any other GROUP doing this apart from JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

You may wish to argue about this but think for a moment, if Buhari, state governors, his ministers, senators, members of the house of representatives, local government chairmen and counsellors all carry their manifestos and begin visiting Nigerians in their homes for a nation wide campaign on how to make Nigerians live the best life, and they actually start going from house to house reasoning with each Nigerian on their agenda to make it work, do you think things will work out perfectly as they're planning? YES of course! Because each of us will have to lay his/her complaints directly to them or their cohorts face to face, then they have to convince each person why we must support their plans! Well that's exactly what the true God is doing globally today with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley
Re: Hello there by aygbolly2: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2020
SpecTTraP:

you see that's another case that demands a logical answer to whether God is fair or not, some people will be born into rich homes without doing any favour for God while some others into poor homes without offending God. If human beings want to console these poor people, they will say it's not yet their time or there's hope in the future but there are million people who were poor at birth and also died poor whereas if they had been from a rich home, they might not end up being poor.. Does this signify God's fairness to them?
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2020
@FatherOfJesus,

Have you ever seen any religion with such high reasoning?

Please let me know if you've found any, even Charles Darwin with his evolution THEORY would be silenced had it been he had the privilege of speaking with one of Jehovah's Witnesses!

Of course his theory made sense to many who lived in his time when Jesus has not been enthroned in heaven, during that time Jesus left his followers in the midst of confusionist so you can't IDENTIFY them.

But as soon as he got enthroned in 1914 Jesus who is now a mighty spirit being began collecting all his sheep (faithful followers) out from all the false religions in the world, used God's holy spirit to unite them as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, and started teaching them how to stand out as the most intelligent people throughout the earth today!

After Jesus has finished establishing them as a GROUP God immediately gave them a new name to distinguish them from all the religious groups under Satan's control {Isaiah 65:15} it was 1931 in Ohio that Jehovah distinguished his worshipers with that new GROUP name!

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" smiley
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
you see that's another case that demands a logical answer to whether God is fair or not, some people will be born into rich homes without doing any favour for God while some others into poor homes without offending God. If human beings want to console these poor people, they will say it's not yet their time or there's hope in the future but there are million people who were poor at birth and also died poor whereas if they had been from a rich home, they might not end up being poor.. Does this signify God's fairness to them?

God is not responsible for the condition we are facing in the world today!

Left to him, it's a crime for few to be rich in the midst of countless who are subjected to abject poverty, his own plan is for all to be equal materially speaking, Satan is the one behind the inequality in the world today, he's using it to promote evil! Galatians 5:19-21

So don't think God has a hand in the misappropriations you're seeing now! smiley
Re: Hello there by aygbolly2: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Maximus69:

God is not responsible for the condition we are facing in the world today!

Left to him, it's a crime for few to be rich in the midst of countless who are subjected to abject poverty, his own plan is for all to be equal materially speaking, Satan is the one behind the inequality in the world today, he's using it to promote evil! Galatians 5:19-21

So don't think God has a hand in the misappropriations you're seeing now! smiley
Satan is responsible for the injustice to the innocent souls while God is just watching
Re: Hello there by Xmuslim: 10:18am On Sep 03, 2020
The answer is simple. NO
Re: Hello there by Emusan(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
Good evening nlanders.. I'm asking this question out of curiosity after thinking about certain things that occur in life. Now, when a child is born, he/she automatically practises the religion of the parent and the probability that the child will practise the inherited religion till death is almost total except in rare cases where the child converts into another religion.

I am a Muslim by the way, because my parents are also Muslims and what my religion says is that any religion besides Islam is not acceptable by Allah and I have also learnt that Christianity also preaches that whosoever doesn't accept Jesus as his Lord and savior will not be granted the kingdom of heaven..

However, in most cases, a child inherits religion, and clearly whether he/she enters heaven or hell according to either religion is not his/her decision but that of the parent and ancestors.

I personally assume that this doesn't signify justice and fairness by God to the child if he/she eventually falls on the wrong side i.e end up practising the wrong religion but what we have always been told is that God is a fair and just God.

The only question I'll ask you is this;

Have you heard people converting from one religion to another i.e Christianity to Islam, Islam to Hindu, Buddhism to Christianity e.t.c

Then why?
Re: Hello there by Xmuslim: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:

you are perfectly right. Don't let so called overreligious brainwash you by telling to let go of your curiosity.

They will quote verses such as "human knowledge is limited", "Allah work in a mysterious way", "if they were born in the right religion, they will still deviate and that's why Allah brought them to the world via wrong parent that practice wrong religion.

All these are fallacies. The TRUTH doesn't need twisting. God or Allah should not have bothered us with all these obvious errors if he want us to be religious

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. / How My Father, Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua Constantly Abused Me –ajoke, Daug / Video Shows Hillsongs Brian Houston Knew About Open Gays In Choir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.