Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Hello there - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hello there (2596 Views)

hello / Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Hello Heathens! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Maximus69:

God is not responsible for the condition we are facing in the world today!

Of course he's not.
He doesn't exist.
Re: Hello there by Daejoyoung: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
you see that's another case that demands a logical answer to whether God is fair or not, some people will be born into rich homes without doing any favour for God while some others into poor homes without offending God. If human beings want to console these poor people, they will say it's not yet their time or there's hope in the future but there are million people who were poor at birth and also died poor whereas if they had been from a rich home, they might not end up being poor.. Does this signify God's fairness to them?
In a 1500m race, not all start from thesame point but that doesn't necessarily determine the winner.

Some servants he gave 2 talents, some 5 talents, and some only 1 talent, but he expects all to multiply what they have

For He that cannot be trusted with little cannot be trusted with much, and he that has none even the little he has shall be taken away from him.

Jesus is trying to help us understand with all these parables that Poverty is more of a mindset than a real situation. If you say you don't have then you might lose even the little you have.
Re: Hello there by iamdannyfc(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
cruxgemmata:
If I reach heaven and Baba say. My son the part u chose wasnt the right one. I go employ lawyer to defend me say no be me choose and that it was a configured setting not only to me but to millions.

So outta 1million people, if only 100 changed along the line, it means the 100 people are the problems coz if it was normal, number of people leaving from one place to another will be like 500k, then we can judge.

Bottom line

Focus on DOING GOOD. IF HEAVEN IS REAL, GOOD DEEDS WILL TAKE YOU THERE.

RELIGION IS JUST THERE TO ENSURE U HAVE MORALS.

Coz without religion (on home training) and fear of God in Africa. E for worse pass like this.

Extremist are making religion look like Hell itself.
Cool!

But wait, is religious morality just and fair?
Re: Hello there by Xmuslim: 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
Maximus69:

The religionsists speaks based on the teachings they get from the book given to them, so to be open minded for real we have to subject all the books to scrutiny, found out why must we trust the book in the first place, before we can start trusting (believing) the book! cheesy
and when your own book does not pass your own test, you find an excuse for it. Only a non religious fellow can examine the religious books and come out with unbiased result.
Re: Hello there by Xmuslim: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

What brand of weed did you smoke?
Seems like you're having comprehension problems this night. grin
he's deluded. grin
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
Satan is responsible for the injustice to the innocent souls while God is just watching

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
He is not JUST watching, he is telling us why we must bear the consequences of Adamic rebellion and why it's just to do so! smiley

That's why he presented his own side of the case using the Bible to prove himself not guilty of all the calamities we are experiencing on earth today! smiley
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Of course he's not.
He doesn't exist.

Well he does! wink
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Xmuslim:
and when your own book does not pass your own test you find an excuse for it. Only a non religious fellow can examine the religious books and come out with unbiased result.

The Bible passed all the tests if only you listen with a sincere heart and unbiased! wink
Re: Hello there by Image123(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT CHILDREN BORN INTO JUST CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM HOMES, BUT THERE ARE MANY MORE RELIGIONS. AS OF TODAY'S COUNT, THERE ARE AT LEAST 3,000 OF THEM THAT ARE KNOWN AND WIDELY PRACTICED.

DO YOU NOW SEE HOW ALL OF US ARE FUCD?

The gate is narrow, few of us are not in trouble. You hate to hear it when we believers tell you that you are all in trouble. But here you are inspired to see it, good for you.
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
iamdannyfc:

Cool!

But wait, is religious morality just and fair?

Expantiate on this. Lets flow
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
Yes, He is Always very Fair, very Just and Very Well Balanced.

The reason you do not see the accuracy and fairness of His Judgement is because your view of any matter is very small as an shall see a stone as a rock But He Has the whole view, hence His Judgement Must Blow your mind.
Re: Hello there by aygbolly2: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Yes, He is Always very Fair, very Just and Very Well Balanced.

The reason you do not see the accuracy and fairness of His Judgement is because your view of any matter is very small as an shall see a stone as a rock But He Has the whole view, hence His Judgement Must Blow your mind.
I assume that you see and understand that accuracy and fairness in His Judgement, can you please explain so as to have my mind blown now.

As you are a Christian now(I suppose), and I'm a Muslim due to the fact that we both likely inherited our individual religions, to you, I'm not going to join you in the kingdom of heaven because I'm not of the same faith with you, now if your own faith is possibly the right one, Is God's judgement on me going to be fair and just?
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
Good evening nlanders.. I'm asking this question out of curiosity after thinking about certain things that occur in life. Now, when a child is born, he/she automatically practises the religion of the parent and the probability that the child will practise the inherited religion till death is almost total except in rare cases where the child converts into another religion.

Now, this is where the problems begins for every child grows up, examines his lessons learnt and makes his own decision in which way he shall go. This is where the liability of the child begins.

In any decision a person takes, there are direct consequences for following that road eg a person who works as a mechanic must be dirty with oil, smoke must enter the eyes of he who is a cook, hammer must fall on the finger of a carpenter.

aygbolly2:

I am a Muslim by the way, because my parents are also Muslims and what my religion says is that any religion besides Islam is not acceptable by Allah and I have also learnt that Christianity also preaches that whosoever doesn't accept Jesus as his Lord and savior will not be granted the kingdom of heaven..

However, in most cases, a child inherits religion, and clearly whether he/she enters heaven or hell according to either religion is not his/her decision but that of the parent and ancestors.

I personally assume that this doesn't signify justice and fairness by God to the child if he/she eventually falls on the wrong side i.e end up practising the wrong religion but what we have always been told is that God is a fair and just God.

The Court of The Lord judges you for what you knew should not do, but you did (commission) or for what you knew you should have done, but you failed to do (ommission).

While the Acquisition of Christ Jesus, is to Acquire Help for the Complete Wiping Away of Sins and Offences both Commissions and Omissions, Done to God, Whilst learning how to walk through this wicked sinfull world, being sinless and blameless, which Christ also taught too.
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
I assume that you see and understand that accuracy and fairness in His Judgement, can you please explain so as to have my mind blown now.

As you are a Christian now(I suppose), and I'm a Muslim due to the fact that we both likely inherited our individual religions, to you, I'm not going to join you in the kingdom of heaven because I'm not of the same faith with you, now if your own faith is possibly the right one, Is God's judgement on me going to be fair and just?

God himself explained why there are so many contradictions in Religion!

Satan (mighty spirit being) and some other spirits rebelled against God, their major rift is to fetch for worshipers too, so thousands of these powerful unseen intelligent beings are out there creating religious groups for themselves.
That's why God arranged for the preaching and teaching program so as to free honest hearted and sincere persons from under the bondage Satan is keeping them.
I was a Muslim too, in fact a military intelligence officer but i've been inquisitive right from my youth asking series of thought provoking questions on this topic of discussion.
So if truthfully you want to know the truth, it's not God's plan to deprive you unless you're depriving yourself! smiley
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
I assume that you see and understand that accuracy and fairness in His Judgement, can you please explain so as to have my mind blown now

Humbly I say, pick any case and I will show you the Accurate Fairness of His Judgement.

aygbolly2:

I am christian by my own choosing. Yes I was raised to go to church and all but I saw, for myself that some things Were Good and I felt in my Soul that they ought to be done everywhere, for they are good and people like Good Things (at least I Did).

So, since the Bible said do that it was fine.

But I also saw that, even my parents and elders, the church and their rulers, neighbours did that which I believed in my soul was not good but bad, and they were christians too, I had to make a decision for myself, even though, then I did not know much of what God said in the Bible.

So, I grew up read the Bible for myself and I saw All the good things and More that I thought was good contained there, God said it was indeed Good to do. And those things which I thought were not good, I was glad to see that God had already said that they are not good and that no one should do any of them.

So, I made up my mind and followed the instructions of the Bible for I saw that All it says that is Good, Is Truly Good indeed and all that it said was bad, is truly wicked indeed.

These are the things and more that made me take hold of the practice of following Christ, even better than my elders who once taught me a little portion of it, which I say in all humility.
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
Xmuslim:
he's deluded. grin

Obviously.
Re: Hello there by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
@aygbolly2

Jesus did told us that in the endtime ATHEISM will gain ground throughout the earth and all the false Religions will certainly loose their followers to ATHEISM through motivational speeches and expressions of bigotry towards Godliness but
no weapon (smooth talks designed to lure away faithless people) will have effect on his own people! Isaiah 54:17

Perhaps this will be in our own time but even if not, faithful servants of God are already seeing it unfolding. Corona Virus (incurable illnesses) have taken away millions from false Religion, Evolutionists are snatching most too, Politics is another plague that's killing false Religion, and gradually false Religion is loosing it's grip on people but what about the united family of peace loving worshipers under Jesus? Well LOVE will see us through all the things that will befall false religionsists and their credulity! smiley
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:

Therefore the liability is this, Now That You have Heard and Known What Was Written, By He Who is Mighty, What are you going to do with the information?

Are you going to Listen to the Report of the Mighty God and Obey Him or are you going to disregard Him and continue in your own way?

Consider this, if we who have heard and have accepted His Reports, yet Disobey His Instructions, are already in peril, how then shall it be for those who Disregard His Commands and have erred to obey His Instructions, how do you think that they shall fare also?

That is the Judgement!
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Religion na scam undecided

life is not fair some are born with silver spoon, while others are born with wooden spoon.

The head is not better than the yansh neither the ear, the last toe on thy foot, all is one! So it is with the silver spoon, the wooden spoon and the no spoon, they are all one.

But Wickedness Scattereth and Maketh many pieces and the man loved Wickedness and Evil therefore the Work of the Lord is Scattered and Destroyed.
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
cruxgemmata:
If I reach heaven and Baba say. My son the part u chose wasnt the right one. I go employ lawyer to defend me say no be me choose and that it was a configured setting not only to me but to millions.

So outta 1million people, if only 100 changed along the line, it means the 100 people are the problems coz if it was normal, number of people leaving from one place to another will be like 500k, then we can judge.

Bottom line

Focus on DOING GOOD. IF HEAVEN IS REAL, GOOD DEEDS WILL TAKE YOU THERE.

RELIGION IS JUST THERE TO ENSURE U HAVE MORALS.

Coz without religion (on home training) and fear of God in Africa. E for worse pass like this.

Extremist are making religion look like Hell itself.

Funny man, you forget that your lawyer would be on trial like you or he is condemed already and he is in hell/lake of fire (and he wey no fit defend Himself, na him go defend you well? U don die be dat)

Or he is in the Kingdom of God and he can no longer come to the Court where you are to defend you, so no lawyer for you.

And if 100 people change, the question then why did you not make it 101?

As long as those 100 people have one head, you can not escape judgment.
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingxsamz:
A god that orders genocide is not the kind of god anyone should call fair and just.

No one would enter a bus filled with lepers, corona/ebola virus, bubonic plague not to talk of letting any one of those persons to enter into your home, to marry your daughter or son.

So it is with a people full of sins and diverse offences, they must be confined to a place (which they will not) so that others can live.

But Inspite of all God did to save every other person catching fr those afflictions, you and all men have married them and taken up their diseases, so now God has Another Decision to Carry out!

Fair Judgement!
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:
you see that's another case that demands a logical answer to whether God is fair or not, some people will be born into rich homes without doing any favour for God while some others into poor homes without offending God. If human beings want to console these poor people, they will say it's not yet their time or there's hope in the future but there are million people who were poor at birth and also died poor whereas if they had been from a rich home, they might not end up being poor.. Does this signify God's fairness to them?

I have answered this too!
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No one would enter a bus filled with lepers, corona/ebola virus, bubonic plague not to talk of letting any one of those persons to enter into your home, to marry your daughter or son.

So it is with a people full of sins and diverse offences, they must be confined to a place (which they will not) so that others can live.

But Inspite of all God did to save every other person catching fr those afflictions, you and all men have married them and taken up their diseases, so now God has Another Decision to Carry out!

Fair Judgement!

So much for a powerful god. grin
Instead of him to take out the few bad eggs from the basket, he throws the whole damn thing away. grin

So easy for you to defend genocide. cheesy
Can you see yourself?
Christians my ass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello there by 777isaac: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
SpecTTraP:

U dey talk of wooden spoon. Some no even born with any spoon at all. At times I fault God in many ways for being unfair. How can he give some people so much in life and give others little or absolutely nothing. As men, you see some very tall and handsome while others hardly reach 5ft. Down their trousers, you see some guys gathering almost 1 foot dick long or even more while others carry miniature. Abeg, God is unfair.
Our God is a God of variety, one man's meat is another's poison. God is never unfair. As a matter of fact He is so good. Some prefer it short, some fat, some slim, some tall etc. And mind you no creature of God is bad, God didn't create anyone poor or rich, it's all equal 24 hours per day we have, what you do with yours matters. And let me ask you, What can you really offer for the free life He gave you? Imagine the clay judging the potter.
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

So much for a powerful god. grin
Instead of him to take out the few bad eggs from the basket, he throws the whole damn thing away. grin

So easy for you to defend genocide. cheesy
Can you see yourself?
Christians my ass.

grin See how your judgement is the same Fair Judgement He Gave and He Gives? You said "Instead of him to take out the few bad eggs from the basket," Operative Word "Take Them Out"

Your Judgement which is the same as His is "The Bad Must Be Taken Out From the Good". Universally Accepted Fair Judgement!

Which He Did and He shall Do, yet Again.

See, even you have Confessed the Fairness and Rightness of His Judgements, Inspite of your hatred for Him. grin

"Every Tongue shall confess, that the Lord, is God and He Reigneth From Everlasting to Everlasting"
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin See how your judgement is the same Fair Judgement He Gave and He Gives? You said "Instead of him to take out the few bad eggs from the basket," Operative Word "Take Them Out"

Your Judgement which is the same as His is "The Bad Must Be Taken Out From the Good". Universally Accepted Fair Judgement!

Which He Did and He shall Do, yet Again.

See, even you have Confessed the Fairness and Rightness of His Judgements, Inspite of your hatred for Him. grin

"Every Tongue shall confess, that the Lord, is God and He Reigneth From Everlasting to Everlasting"

You must be really delusional. cheesy
I thought your god is perfect.
Why are you comparing my judgement to that of your god's?
My point still stands.
Instead of your god to take out the murderous men inflicting harm and causing death on his people, he goes on a killing spree to kill infants too. Babies still sucking their mother's breasts.
So much for a perfect god. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello there by SpecTTraP: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
aygbolly2:

That is exactly my point. If God is fair enough, he shouldn't give some so much advantage while others are totally in deprivation.
Re: Hello there by Dtruthspeaker: 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

You must be really delusional. cheesy
I thought your god is perfect.
Why are you comparing my judgement to that of your god's?
My point still stands.
Instead of your god to take out the murderous men inflicting harm and causing death on his people, he goes on a killing spree to kill infants too. Babies still sucking their mother's breasts.
So much for a perfect god. cheesy

grin grin you loooost!

Now you change your post and raise fresh Issues in an attempt to cover your mistake, loss and defeat! grin
Re: Hello there by kingxsamz(m): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin you loooost!

Now you change your post and raise fresh Issues in an attempt to cover your mistake, loss and defeat! grin

The hell is this Clown talking about? grin
Seems like you're having a hard time comprehending.
Awon follow follow, "my god is good".
god wey dey slaughter people pikin. Abeg. grin grin
Re: Hello there by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

The hell is this Clown talking about? grin
Seems like you're having a hard time comprehending.
Awon follow follow, "my god is good".
god wey dey slaughter people pikin. Abeg. grin grin

But He does not exist, no? You forgot?

1 Like

Re: Hello there by FatherOfJesus: 7:14am On Sep 05, 2020
You are really bent on peddling your own personal beliefs and disregard whatever millions of others believe
Maximus69:

May God bless you again and again and again for this thought provoking question! smiley

Well they can't come out to say anything tangible because the Bible revealed a secret over 3,000 years ago regarding this question of yours.

It says

"those who are worshiping the works of their own imagination will remain silent and they will not be able to speak or see anything tangible, their gods are fabrications of their thoughts so there is nothing they can say" {Psalms 115:3-8}

The Bible's Author also add

"no weapon (sweet motivational speeches of no value) formed against you will have any effect, and you will condemn the tongue that rise against you in judgment, this is the heritage of the servants of JEHOVAH (the one and only TRUE God), and their righteousness (high profitable intellect) is from me declared JEHOVAH" Isaiah 54:17

A young man from Nazareth (Jewish community) in the first century began teaching people how to make PEACE reign throughout the earth, his true disciples are numbering over 8,700,000 today in all the countries of the world, they're confidently and boldly going to meet their neighbours at home in a bid to discuss with them on how to make PEACE reign globally, and the book they're using for excellent counseling is the Bible.

Surely others are silent because they don't have what it takes to make peace reign like the true worshipers of God. It was in my own house that they came to discuss with me, not in some noisy bus or streets but they actually left the comfort of their own homes to come and speak with me in my own house!

Certainly they have what it takes to convince people that the truth is with them!

Well ever since i was born, i've never seen or heard of any other GROUP doing this apart from JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

You may wish to argue about this but think for a moment, if Buhari, state governors, his ministers, senators, members of the house of representatives, local government chairmen and counsellors all carry their manifestos and begin visiting Nigerians in their homes for a nation wide campaign on how to make Nigerians live the best life, and they actually start going from house to house reasoning with each Nigerian on their agenda to make it work, do you think things will work out perfectly as they're planning? YES of course! Because each of us will have to lay his/her complaints directly to them or their cohorts face to face, then they have to convince each person why we must support their plans! Well that's exactly what the true God is doing globally today with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley
Re: Hello there by DappaD: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
You are really bent on peddling your own personal beliefs and disregard whatever millions of others believe

When you created this moniker ‘FatherofJesus’, wasn't the above the same thing you had in mind?
Mocking and disregarding the beliefs of others? wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. / Are Nigerian Pastors Not Scared Of The Wrath Of God / Is Yahweh The True God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.