Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,563 members, 7,955,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:38 PM

Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? (1317 Views)

5 Cheapest 5G Phones You Could Buy Today / TECNO POVA 5G Announced With Dimensity 900 And 6000mah Battery / A Nigerian Man Rejects 5G Phone Worth N370K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by beejayvince(m): 1:17am On Sep 03, 2020
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G has been announced as the cheapest 5G smartphone from Samsung. A few hours ago, the tech giant amazed fans by announcing this phone officially with just a few of its features disclosed. Some of these features include its price and some others which we will briefly discuss.

According to Samsung’s press release, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy A42 5G will feature a 6.6-inch Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, a Quad-camera setup, and an in-display fingerprint sensor. The above specs is all the company had released about its most affordable 5G smartphone till date.

One of the great things about the smartphone industry is that nothing hidden is actually hidden and in this case, the device had been leaked a couple of times. With reference to 3C and Safety Korea certifications, it will pack a large 5,000mAh battery, which is still small compared to the Galaxy M51’s 7,000mAh battery but larger than most devices.

A recent listing on Geekbench suggested that this smartphone will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 SoC, the cheapest Qualcomm smartphone SoC supporting 5G connectivity. The Samsung Galaxy A42 is also expected to be available in 4G variants just like the Galaxy A51 and Galaxy A71, with its processor still being a mystery.

Samsung is yet to officially release the pricing of the Galaxy A42 5G. However, even with its amazing features, it is expected to cost lower than the Galaxy A51 5G's price tag of $499.99 (about 194,000 Naira). This could make it the current cheapest 5G phone from Samsung.

https://www.smartphonecamp.com/samsung-galaxy-a42-5g-samsungs-cheapest-phone/

Re: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by JimmyDarmody: 5:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Some posts hmmm
Where the price now? You made me read twice thinking I skipped it.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by seanwilliam(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2020
The u display spoil am..dem suppose use curve screen or Infiniti O display .. and make the phone get glass for body grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by Homeyfav: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
l;'[]
Re: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by eyems: 5:18am On Nov 18, 2020
This is a really nice phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by harryodilli19(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2021
I like the F42 5g more. A good device by Samsung that offers a top experience. The mediatek processor in it is really fast.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Announced; could this be Samsung’s Cheapest 5G Phone? by harryodilli19(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2021
For me the F42 5G. I am quite impressed by the Samsung new phone. It comes with a large battery and a powerful 5g processor by mediatek.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S9plus For Sale At A Cheap Price / My Samsung A51 Port Is Not Working Again, How Much Will It Cost Me To Replace It / Huawei Freeyond M5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.