Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole (42749 Views)

Ghana Reprimands David Hundeyin For Misrepresentation Of Events / Tinubu Snubs Niger Coup Leader’s Overtures For Direct Talks / 2023: President Buhari In Strategic Close Door Meetings With Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Bobotic(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2020
Birds of The Same Feather grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2020
Let us be watching cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Peacefuluz(f): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2020
Good morning
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by UDUJ(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2020
I have so much respect for the Oba and interesting history of the Benin kingdom.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by ojuu4u(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2020
Obaseki caused problems for himself, for those who has been followed the issues BTW oshiomole and obaseki with keen interests , oshiomole didn't ask too much from obaseki, he told him to carry some people who worked hard for his election along. Obaseki refused vehemently. Believed that he can win re election on his own.

Obaseki forgot that he is political neophyte and in Nigeria its not how you delivered as a governor but how you carried leaders in various wards and local governments along that can win re-elections for incumbents.

In Nigeria, politicians follow what their leaders told them and not what they see government of the day doing.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by DEROX: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
Obaseki is a useless arrogant fool, who was given a wife by Adam Oshiomole, made a Governor by the same Adam Oshiomole.
The Igbos that are hailing him now will disappear the moment he loose the election. If you are doubting my statement,pls ask GEJ, Saraki, Melaye, Atiku,Fayose, etc.
I know their names so well especially in 2015 most of the abandoned naira land same will soon happen in the next 16 days

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
Obaseki is a useless arrogant fool, who was given a wife by Adam Oshiomole, made a Governor by the same Adam Oshiomole.
The Igbos that are hailing him now will disappear the moment he loose the election. If you are doubting my statement,pls ask GEJ, Saraki, Melaye, Atiku,Fayose, etc.
Same way Apc pushed Akpabio, Ogboru, to lose .SS is Pdp.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by PearlStreet(m): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Those whose traditional rulers were punished for going to beg in Abuja would insult the Oba.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by phemmie06(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2020
How many people were mentioned in the video?
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by majamajic(m): 8:26am On Sep 03, 2020
Miracle1991:

U abandoned the Ogun state owing workers thread , then come here ranting

Why count PDP guys to rule under APC government ? Did u count buhari and co last 6 yrs when PDP was in power ?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by oyeb15: 8:27am On Sep 03, 2020
Obaseki will win only on Nairaland. His paid e-warriors will vote for him en-mass

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2020
topshotnista:
Battle of giants

You will Clash of the Titan. That election will buta (brutal)
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Bigchristo: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
You’re very senseless for mentioning IPOB,come to Edo state and see for yourself the crowds trooping out when Obaseki hold campaign so you want to tell me all of them are IPOB? Common bruh stop being foolish sometimes and stop hating on people for no reasons, Obaseki made his choices stop dragging IPOB as if they wrote letter to Obaseki for his decamping.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by jchioma: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2020
cheesy

Bias reportage.

What did the Oba tell Oshioomole?

However, wise words from a king. I hope both parties will sheath their swords and rather engage in issue based campaign without acrimony. There's life after government.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by joebee1990(m): 8:32am On Sep 03, 2020
Nawaoh for Joe_Bee

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by juman(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2020
There must be peaceful election.

Wishing edo people the best.
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Sagay212: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2020
This man is going...going...gone forever.. cheesy cheesy

Ndi ipob edo chapter how far na... "edo is not Lagos' chanting scoundrels ...where una dey?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by anonimi: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Miracle1991:

Liars are destined to die a painfully horrible death.
May that not be your portion, IJN. Amen.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11720358_fbimg15919816072656135_jpeg594b180e38f64950e93325bba350834b

dre11:
FLASHBACK: Oshiomhole once wanted building named after Obaseki for ‘selfless service’

Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), once said Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, worked for the state using his brain and creativity.

Oshiomhole, who praised the governor during the governorship campaign of 2016, said a building at the government house should be named after Obaseki for his selfless service.

Oshiomhole said while he was governor of Edo, Obaseki helped him build the economy team of the state with his network.

“I know my limit. He knows his limit. Godwin Obaseki has worked for seven and half years for the people of Edo state, using his brain, creativity, quietly, not making noise,” Oshiomhole said.

“He sits in the office of the economic team which he built using his network of friends inside the heart of government house without demanding one naira.

“A man like that who will not ask me to give him contracts, but will promise me, comrade, you just do the thinking, we will create the means to actualise your thoughts. And to his credit today, check the books of Edo state, we did not build new structures in government house with government money. That economic team office was built through Godwin’s network. Today, it remains a permanent asset of the state government.

“I want us to be calling that building Godwin Obaseki building. I don’t see your opponent Ize-Iyamu being able to say that. In 2007, check the records, Ize-Iyamu was hiding from EFCC. He didn’t not vote. How can somebody who didn’t vote claim that he made me.

“If you have to look at Godwin and his credentials and you look at a man whose only work, by his CV, was a student and rusticated for two years, he read law but he is not a barrister. That is his foundation. I never gave him government job. Lucky Igbinedion’s mother was reported to have slapped Ize-Iyamu for misleading her son. He tried it with me, but we kept him away. Nothing near government circle. No access to public funds.

“Look at the road to his house, in our books, was dual carriage way. They took the money, constructed the road to his house and stopped. Although we have liquidated the godfathers politically, the entire political family will be liquidated.”

https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-oshiomhole-once-wanted-building-named-after-obaseki-for-selfless-service

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12060812_74438269e05545dda3ffd67c00807429_jpeg_jpeg6b3dfb7e87ba642c9d1d76e4a6c2c3c2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Sagay212: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Bigchristo:
You’re very senseless for mentioning IPOB,come to Edo state and see for yourself the crowds trooping out when Obaseki hold campaign so you want to tell me all of them are IPOB? Common bruh stop being foolish sometimes and stop hating on people for no reasons, Obaseki made his choices stop dragging IPOB as if they wrote letter to Obaseki for his decamping.

Yen yen yen...even obaseki don tire for una

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by DeRay98(m): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2020
pafra:

Pride, arrogance and rebellion runs in the blood of the obasikes. Even Dangote step into the crisis at the early stage but obasike refused any amicable settlement of this crisis.

It is not about sharing Edo state money as it is widely believe.
Bloody liar and ignoramous

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by anonimi: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Sagay212:
This man is going...going...gone forever.. cheesy cheesy
Ndi ipob edo chapter how far na... "edo is not Lagos' chanting scoundrels ...where una dey?

See them below.

Sermwell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw43BVPasDM

Where is the 'human face' in governance?

Woke up with strength and vigour this morning and was up to face today with all hopes and aspirations but was sad & almost started crying after watching this video.

I've been an advocate of leaders been strong at all time with will power to carry out leadership responsibilities. And that emotional leaders don't go far but certainly not this way.

In leadership and governance, there's a place for 'Human face' no matter the circumstances. Widows to the best of my knowledge are integral part of our society and if we don't apply human face when dealing with them, am afraid we are far from getting there as a people.

Two wrongs indeed can never make things right and as such, can't fathom why the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams A. O. will treat this widow like this and even tell her to go and die when she's struggling to provide food for her family. I think it would've been far better to make her pay a fine for her wrong doing than this humiliation.

The agony of the poor in our society......

http://saharareporters.com/video/video-unkindest-cut-all-governor-adams-oshiomholes-mean-words-poor-widow/

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Eriokanmi: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2020
Why not play the full video where oba talked oshiomohle's head up by calling him to order and asking him to eat a humble pie by behaving as a leader ? Why not also post here where he accused ize-iyamu and his party for arming thugs and planning to import thugs from another state to disrupt edo election and oba said this isn'twhat efo is known for and there must not be violence in the state? This part was even played last night on channels tv news at 10 so you wouldn't say I lied. What a biased comment you've made OP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by ojaysam25(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
Audio reprimand

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by anonimi: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2020
jchioma:
cheesy
Bias reportage.
What did the Oba tell Oshioomole?
However, wise words from a king. I hope both parties will sheath their swords and rather engage in issue based campaign without acrimony. There's life after government.

The Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC is nothing without lies, propaganda and distortions.
We are dealing with a vile brood of coven-dwelling witches and serpents, waving brooms to sweep out the brains of their followers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024299_bubu6_jpeg86aaf8fa6cd32a5104ab6bf996dd1ee3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by anonimi: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Why not play the full video where oba talked oshiomohle's head up by calling him to order and asking him to eat a humble pie by behaving as a leader ? Why not also post here where he accused ize-iyamu and his party for arming thugs and planning to import thugs from another state to disrupt edo election? This part was even played last night on channels tv news at 10 so you wouldn'tsay I lied. What a biased comment you've made OP.

The APC zombies think that they can fool everyone but are mistaken.
Seriously mistaken.
Edo people don wise up tey tey and God is with them to avert the beast of burden fate that Lagosians are suffering under the yoke of the lord of Bourdillon who reigns over their lives.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8917101_lagos1_jpeg282b890e5baee3811ca903f81be5a99c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2080663_olee_jpeg50ac2c9e26795655ae17af1287062b25

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Centcanada: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2020
pafra:

Pride, arrogance and rebellion runs in the blood of the obasikes. Even Dangote step into the crisis at the early stage but obasike refused any amicable settlement of this crisis.

It is not about sharing Edo state money as it is widely believe. Just like the way fools and savbo runs in ur lineages.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by adenigga(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2020
ojikeebere12:
Oba of Benin reprimands Governor Obaseki for refusing all overtures for peace with comrade Adams Oshiomole, thereby allowing the Edo political crisis to degenerate further.

Take a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hagl4igAE_8

Oba, dey your lane or else your pay will suffered if this Obaseki win the second term o.

You should be Apolitical, even if you are in love with one party you should keep it to yourself because of your position.

Don't portrayed a divisive figure!
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Risingsunn: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
Play the full video and stop playing edited video.

Is this how you chose to play your politics?
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by topboss: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
MEANWHILE NAIRALAND MADE SURE THIS VIDEO NEVER MADE FP.

Y NAIRALAND WILL BE PICKING SIDES, I WILL NEVER KNOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvdRy9prqI
Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by Theoarhics: 8:45am On Sep 03, 2020
Who's this stupid reporter?And nairaland posted this here. What does she mean by the "governor making a lame attempt to exonerate himself"?
The statement is not even professional in journalism. The reporter must be a card carrying member of APC

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Reprimands Obaseki For Refusing Overtures For Peace With Oshiomole by topboss: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2020
THE CONSPIRACY AGAINST OBASEKI BY THE CABAL IN EDO STATE IS PURELY BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAND THE STATE MONEY AND LAND OVER TO THEM.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ And Wife, Patience, Planning To Assassinate Me-Rev. Fr. Mbaka / Meet Chris Ekpenyong, Obasanjo's Ally, Who Shattered Akpabio’s ‘Uncommon’ Feat / Reno Omokri Reacts To Olisa Metuh's Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.