Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds (1423 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:29am On Sep 03, 2020
When a married couple chooses to sleep in separate beds, what does this tell you about the marriage?
Couple let hear your views
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Ahmed0336(m): 5:34am On Sep 03, 2020
Nothing o. what works for Mr A may not work for Mr B.
I don't stay in same room with my wife for more than 10 years now and nothing has happened.

Reason; I sometimes snore thereby obstructing her sleep.

6 Likes

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by LawLab247: 5:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by mutter(f): 6:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Even a big bed brings distance to a marriage. Sometime two years ago I noticed that as we were getting older and from the daily stress we would just flop into bed and sleep on the 2m x2m bed. Without telling my husband I ordered a much smaller bed 1,4m.
My husband was not so happy initially... Bed too small., and, and.
I told him it was now bumper to bumper grin.
At some stage in the marriage I was sleeping in one childrens room or the other. Especially when they were young but for some days or weeks.
Fazit! Not good for the marriage.
Often not just the night traffic but the night gist goes missing.

2 Likes

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by LadySarah: 6:53am On Sep 03, 2020
It depends on the reason which should be very important lyk very loud snoring or treating an infectious sickness...
Asides that it's a no no for me. I love cuddles.The pillow talks, the warmth of each other.
Most times, they'll start drifting apart unknowingly.

You can have a study or room for your "me" time but pls sleep together.

The one I hate most is going to sleep in the kids room after a quarrel. We must be in each other's face and try to settle it.

7 Likes

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Smile4mee01: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2020
It's ok to sleep on the same bed. But trust me every man needs a den, a cave, a place where he can be alone away from wife, children. A place he can be in his thoughts without distraction. But it's not affordable for everyone.

Just a small place, some call it office, no bed In there. My elder has one and I think it's cool. Even women know it's tough keeping up with them sometimes.

5 Likes

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by sirjamesjnr(m): 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
Smile4mee01:
It's ok to sleep on the same bed. But trust me every man needs a den, a cave, a place where he can be alone away from wife, children. A place he can be in his thoughts without distraction. But it's not affordable for everyone.

Just a small place, some call it office, no bed In there. My elder has one and I think it's cool. Even women know it's tough keeping up with them sometimes.
. I already told my fiancee I will make arrangements for something like this. Hopefully it won't cause any issue. I like my space sometime.

1 Like

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by sirjamesjnr(m): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
mutter:
Even a big bed brings distance to a marriage. Sometime two years ago I noticed that as we were getting older and from the daily stress we would just flop into bed and sleep on the 2m x2m bed. Without telling my husband I ordered a much smaller bed 1,4m.
My husband was not so happy initially... Bed too small., and, and.
I told him it was now bumper to bumper grin.
At some stage in the marriage I was sleeping in one childrens room or the other. Especially when they were young but for some days or weeks.
Fazit! Not good for the marriage.
Often not just the night traffic but the night gist goes missing.
. I see wisdom here. Guess every great home, woman has a role to play
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
Learning.. grin

I really dont think it right but for someone like me who doesn't like someone breathing into my neck or being cuddled when sleeping, I wonder how I'll cope when the time comes and if hubby is the type that likes to do such. undecided.
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by sirjamesjnr(m): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:
Learning.. grin

I really dont think it right but for someone like me who doesn't like someone breathing into my neck or being cuddled when sleeping, I wonder how I'll cope when the time comes and if hubby is the type that likes to do such. undecided.

. I also don't like it when someone disturb my sleep but when my fiancee visit, I just cuddle with her like a baby, guess it was the love I have for her but I know I will have a study room when I have a family.
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. I also don't like it when someone disturb my sleep but when my fiancee visit, I just cuddle with her like a baby, guess it was the love I have for her but I know I will have a study room when I have a family.

You better let her know now o. grin
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by sirjamesjnr(m): 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
Brachaa:

You better let her know now o. grin
. She likes the ideal. More when I misbehave she can close shop,you know what I mean
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Biglittlelois(f): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
I see nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. She likes the ideal. More when I misbehave she can close shop,you know what I mean

I don't know o. I'm still a small girl. tongue

**runs outta thread**
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by GboyegaD(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
I know of a couple who have been married close to 40 years who sleep on different beds although in same room. It is about what works for each home.

1 Like

Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by bukatyne(f): 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
When a married couple chooses to sleep in separate beds, what does this tell you about the marriage?

Tell me?

Have they told themselves finish? undecided
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Chujor1634(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
I see nothing wrong with it, most times you'll need some privacy. What happens when the wife puts to birth, how do you get to cope with relatives. i see nothing wrong it,.

Whenever you wana be with your spouse you can gop and be with them surely.
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by merieam16(f): 11:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
It all depends..different strokes for different folks
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by lilyheaven: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
Nothing
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by lilyheaven: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
Nothing
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Not ideal. The matrimonial bed is a sanctuary inhabited by a married couple. There should not be two beds. Asides sex, couples sleeping on one bed fosters bonding.
Re: When A Married Couple Chooses To Sleep In Separate Beds by NoToPile: 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
GboyegaD:
I know of a couple who have been married close to 40 years who sleep on different beds although in same room It is about what works for each home.

First time I am hearing about this scenario, always thought same room translates same bed. cheesy

@Topic whatever works for the couple.

(1) (Reply)

Can He Still Marry Me after sex with his brother?...please Help / I Am Depressed And I Feel Nothing Anymore. / My Second Husband Is So Rude,he Like To Do Groceries And Pay The Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.