Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record (44433 Views)

Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. / Alaba International Market Lagos Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Hisxlency01: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
donproject:

Heart of a normal man is pure and innate at birth. He comes to the world and start learning different things, behavioral pattern, how to speak, how to do basic things. His environment plays a role in what he becomes.

I said heart of a normal man , I didn't say heart of an Igbo, their hearts are pre-configured to dupe, extort, trick their unsuspecting victims at birth. It is this dirt that they carry all around and they start dispersing to different geographical location, mixing and mingling with the locals, corrupting them in the process.

This pattern can be likened to the plague the world is facing now, COVID-19, you know the story of where it started, it was not contained within the demographic space it was discovered, and boom! It becomes a pandemic. Igbos are like that virus corrupting other tribes wherever they go.

Stop quoting me kid, you can't have your way...
you are a drunk
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by AregbeFufu: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
donproject:

Wait o, are you the Chairman, Yahoo Boys Association of Nigeria, YBAN, that you know all these statistics. Why are you vomiting this with your mouth.
Shebi you said that your own comment on igbos was your opinion,well this is mine.
Go follow EFCC on social media first, you might understand what I'm vomiting.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by prophetfire: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
donproject:

Heart of a normal man is pure and innate at birth. He comes to the world and start learning different things, behavioral pattern, how to speak, how to do basic things. His environment plays a role in what he becomes.

I said heart of a normal man , I didn't say heart of an Igbo, their hearts are pre-configured to dupe, extort, trick their unsuspecting victims at birth. It is this dirt that they carry all around and they start dispersing to different geographical location, mixing and mingling with the locals, corrupting them in the process.

This pattern can be likened to the plague the world is facing now, COVID-19, you know the story of where it started, it was not contained within the demographic space it was discovered, and boom! It becomes a pandemic. Igbos are like that virus corrupting other tribes wherever they go.

You are the covid-19 virus here spreading lies and hate. The Criminals running the nigeria state and stealing our resources at the federal level are they being controlled by the Igbos? The corrupt nigeria bereaucracy is being controlled by the fulanis at the helm and yorubas as the operators and errand boys. You people are the greatest thieves and scammers that have stolen and scammed the most blessed nation on earth to the poverty capital of the world. Igbos are learning to pick crumbs from U people in the corruption and scamming business.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by enilowo(m): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Wallahi you are the best
hisgrace090:
I hope you're about to tell us that the market leaders have resolve unanimously to stamp out those bad eggs to redeem the image of the market.

They should inform their members that anyone his shop is used in defrauding someone will be expell from the market simple.

Then they'll use one to three people as an example and this reoccurring madness will come to an end.

Failure to do so will indicates that all of them are together in scamming people and will not help the market too.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by enilowo(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
God bless you. The first and only time i went to buy electronics from Alaba i was scammed. Since then i have vowed never to go there again.
Johnrake69:
This one is medicine after death. As far as there are no punitive measures in place to deal with those dubious miscreants in that market. My best advice is for a new person is to stay away.

Don't attempt to buy Electronics as a new person in the market. You're better off buying from Lawanson or any other market.

I lost #60k in that market. And I swore never to step into that market.

And this is not about tribe. The main guy that scammed me was Haruna then supported by my Igbo brothers. I see it as the culture of the market. The tales from first timers experience in that market has always been horrible. And don't try to blame it on the guys doing osoafia. They are in Idumota and Balogun too. In fact I use them alot. They earn commissions from the stores and each time I make use of any of them I still tip them because they save me alot of time especially when I'm looking for a particular design of wears.

Like I said earlier, fraud is the culture they have adopted in Alaba market as a virtue.

If you have never been to Alaba before to buy Electronics better stay away. You're 99.99% likely to be scammed. So why take that chance?

The same receipt has always been used. Divine Grace Investment. My friend has bought used electronics from Lawanson and got home it didn't work as expected and she returned it and collected her money in full no dragging. But in Alaba, the money you just paid now now, see me see you I haven't touched your electronics is none refundable. Anybody calling that a business is a criminal.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
Onlinealaba:
I will start by quoting Edmund Burke where he stated “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Yesterday after a busy day at work I was just on my stroll on nairaland front-page when a particular topic caught my attention I carefully read all the comments and I think it's necessary to create this topic to correct notions identify many issues concerning the market and business related activities and set the record straight.

Alaba international market is a very big market(biggest electronics market in west-africa) even though we have the electrical section,industrial section, fancy and furniture section that is categorised , each of this section of the market have their union leader with a task force set up in over seeing the day to day activities of the Market. The electronics section is splitted into two the IMAE( You get most of the new electronics here and also tokunbo though not major) and is headed by the able leadership of Evangelist Paulinus Ugochukwu( MD sound prince company limited) then the St Peter's axis this where you get most of your tokunbo items.

As a first timer at Alaba you will be approached by a lot of osoafia hustlers some are genuine(looking for their daily bread and hustling to better their lives) while most of them are there to rip you off without conscience now most times they work on your greed, someone will approach you to tell you he will give you a Samsung 32" LED TV for 15k and so many outrageous prices like that if you fall for this first and cheap scam then you are your way to come create more topics about how you were scammed at Alaba.

These scammers and fraudsters have their rings and are connected it's likely you don't escape their bitter pill when you fall in the hand of one of them the best to do is to be wary of their subtle devices. It's worthy to also note that these set of people are both Yoruba and Igbos because it was terribly seeing so many people playing the tribal game and associating a particular tribe to the cheap scam that happens daily, the Yoruba osoafia guy will approach you and poison your mind on why you shouldn't patronise a Igbo guy and with trust you believe him the same thing an Igbo guy will do too(note that are all same ring both the Yoruba and Igbos) their major aim is to rip you off.

I stated earlier that there are task force that handles all the issues concerning each section of the market the main thing is identifying the section you transacted from and go and report immediately , identify the task force chairman it will be easier solving your case.

There are alot of genuine and hardworking traders in the market the same way you can't Cross out the bad guys in such a big market like that(they always have their way round) the only thing is making sure you are observant and detect any shady deals before paying for an item, read the receipt issued to you before signing.

And lastly that an item is tokunbo doesn't mean it should go for an outrageous pricing unless you are buying non tested, some particular item in tokunbo are costlier then the new ones (depending on the country of import and manufacturer).

A submission from a trader at Alaba int'l market Ojo Lagos

Op,just listen to yourself ! Instead of telling us the efforts being made by the leadership of the market to rid it of the bad elements withing, you're here blabbing. So we should take the various crimes being perpetrated in that criminal enclave called Alaba market as parts of the business right ? It is okay right ? Duping and robbing unsuspecting people of their hard earned money in the name of "osofia" or whatever is okay right ?

Even if you like you can say that Nupe and Kanuri guys ,not Yoruba alone,are equally involved in your shoddy business over there,it is never a justification for the crimes being perpetrated in that market.

Whether or not the market is headed by Igwe Alaba or whatever, this is Yoruba land and we are not going to sit down and be watching you guys normalising criminality in the name of one useless business here. Personally, I'm making efforts in that regards and I know that Lagos state government is keeping records of all your atrocities in that market,including Ladipo and computer village.

Trust me,e go shock una very,very soon. Anuofia ,criminal lots !
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by zinodizt: 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
Same way your heart is geared towards tribalism and you don’t see anything wrong with it as well.... Evil of the human heart is general..... certain individuals might tend towards something that doesn’t mean all of them are the same......
donproject:

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Obdk: 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
donproject:

donproject:

How I Constantly Use N200 To Get N3, 000 Bonus On Mtn

If you really need this info, drop your number and let me contact you. 100% real, no room for doubting Thomas. If you are doubting me, please just stay off, don't come nearer.

PS: I will collect a token of 3k to reveal this secret o

Yoruba Muslim Miscreant, this is you right? Trying to defraud folks here

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by DarkJeddi(m): 6:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
donproject:

And yet the same Igbo VIRUS,you would rather die than let them go with their corruption?
Pathetic NITWIT.. grin
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Cantonese: 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Johnrake69:
This one is medicine after death. As far as there are no punitive measures in place to deal with those dubious miscreants in that market. My best advice is for a new person is to stay away.

Don't attempt to buy Electronics as a new person in the market. You're better off buying from Lawanson or any other market.

I lost #60k in that market. And I swore never to step into that market.

And this is not about tribe. The main guy that scammed me was Haruna then supported by my Igbo brothers. I see it as the culture of the market. The tales from first timers experience in that market has always been horrible. And don't try to blame it on the guys doing osoafia. They are in Idumota and Balogun too. In fact I use them alot. They earn commissions from the stores and each time I make use of any of them I still tip them because they save me alot of time especially when I'm looking for a particular design of wears.

Like I said earlier, fraud is the culture they have adopted in Alaba market as a virtue.

If you have never been to Alaba before to buy Electronics better stay away. You're 99.99% likely to be scammed. So why take that chance?

The same receipt has always been used. Divine Grace Investment. My friend has bought used electronics from Lawanson and got home it didn't work as expected and she returned it and collected her money in full no dragging. But in Alaba, the money you just paid now now, see me see you I haven't touched your electronics is none refundable. Anybody calling that a business is a criminal.

I think you have generalized your comment and it is quite unfair to those who legitimately do their businesses in Alaba international market.

There are big names in the market selling different kinds of goods from electronics to communications, furniture, vehicles and banks.

OP actually hit the nail on the head with some of the happenings in the market, including the thinking of potential buyers.

There are hundreds of traders in the market who actually refund monies to customers. It is quite unfortunate that the bad eggs who hang around have damaged the image of the good people inside the market. Do you want to say that Samsung, Polystar, etc for example, are part of these bad eggs?

Nigerians generally want to cut corners. What seems too good to be true is well loved by our people. If you have an issue with any trader you are free to complain to the task force and surely you will get good judgement.

For those who have never been there. If you want any item please walk into the market and confidently to any shop. Do not allow yourself be guided by an osoafia person. You can walk around the market, ask questions, feel free before you make your decision to pay for any item.

Lastly Alaba market remains the best market of that level and size in the whole of Africa.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by christopher123(m): 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
Onlinealaba:
I will start by quoting Edmund Burke where he stated “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Yesterday after a busy day at work I was just on my stroll on nairaland front-page when a particular topic caught my attention I carefully read all the comments and I think it's necessary to create this topic to correct notions identify many issues concerning the market and business related activities and set the record straight.

Alaba international market is a very big market(biggest electronics market in west-africa) even though we have the electrical section,industrial section, fancy and furniture section that is categorised , each of this section of the market have their union leader with a task force set up in over seeing the day to day activities of the Market. The electronics section is splitted into two the IMAE( You get most of the new electronics here and also tokunbo though not major) and is headed by the able leadership of Evangelist Paulinus Ugochukwu( MD sound prince company limited) then the St Peter's axis this where you get most of your tokunbo items.

As a first timer at Alaba you will be approached by a lot of osoafia hustlers some are genuine(looking for their daily bread and hustling to better their lives) while most of them are there to rip you off without conscience now most times they work on your greed, someone will approach you to tell you he will give you a Samsung 32" LED TV for 15k and so many outrageous prices like that if you fall for this first and cheap scam then you are your way to come create more topics about how you were scammed at Alaba.

These scammers and fraudsters have their rings and are connected it's likely you don't escape their bitter pill when you fall in the hand of one of them the best to do is to be wary of their subtle devices. It's worthy to also note that these set of people are both Yoruba and Igbos because it was terribly seeing so many people playing the tribal game and associating a particular tribe to the cheap scam that happens daily, the Yoruba osoafia guy will approach you and poison your mind on why you shouldn't patronise a Igbo guy and with trust you believe him the same thing an Igbo guy will do too(note that are all same ring both the Yoruba and Igbos) their major aim is to rip you off.

I stated earlier that there are task force that handles all the issues concerning each section of the market the main thing is identifying the section you transacted from and go and report immediately , identify the task force chairman it will be easier solving your case.

There are alot of genuine and hardworking traders in the market the same way you can't Cross out the bad guys in such a big market like that(they always have their way round) the only thing is making sure you are observant and detect any shady deals before paying for an item, read the receipt issued to you before signing.

And lastly that an item is tokunbo doesn't mean it should go for an outrageous pricing unless you are buying non tested, some particular item in tokunbo are costlier then the new ones (depending on the country of import and manufacturer).

A submission from a trader at Alaba int'l market Ojo Lagos

my dear....nwayo...Abu m onye Igbo ...Mana alaba Ike gwuru.... it is scary buying stuff in Alaba...I prefer buying online
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Johnrake69: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Cantonese:

I think you have generalized your comment and it is quite unfair to those who legitimately do their businesses in Alaba international market.

There are big names in the market selling different kinds of goods from electronics to communications, furniture, vehicles and banks.

OP actually hit the nail on the head with some of the happenings in the market, including the thinking of potential buyers.

There are hundreds of traders in the market who actually refund monies to customers. It is quite unfortunate that the bad eggs who hang around have damaged the image of the good people inside the market. Do you want to say that Samsung, Polystar, etc for example, are part of these bad eggs?

Nigerians generally want to cut corners. What seems too good to be true is well loved by our people. If you have an issue with any trader you are free to complain to the task force and surely you will get good judgement.

For those who have never been there. If you want any item please walk into the market and confidently to any shop. Do not allow yourself be guided by an osoafia person. You can walk around the market, ask questions, feel free before you make your decision to pay for any item.

Lastly Alaba market remains the best market of that level and size in the whole of Africa.

Brother there is nothing unfair about my stand on the issue. The way I felt that day if it's possible to run daily advert to stop new people from visiting the market in order not to get scammed I would do it. And you don't expect unsuspecting new customers to clean up the mess the traders themselves created. Other traders that I spoke to about my ordeal in same market asked me to leave them in the hands of God. They all know about it and it will be wicked of me not to speak out loud to whoever cares to listen.

Let the so called legitimate and hard working traders clean up the mess. Or you expect me to be silent or advice people to go to where I was scammed 60k?
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by ModestGal(f): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
Please who knows where i can get used sewing machines?
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by SlayerSupreme: 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
donproject:

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Bigfrancis21. Rule 2.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by SlayerSupreme: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin true I lived in alaba for 8 years, but u no mention alaba Rago wre only houser people are based, fear alaba rago dat place na hell fire, I fear dat place pass anywre in the whole wide world even alaba himself

grin grin grin Abeg wetin dey happen for that place?
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

grin grin grin Abeg wetin dey happen for that place?
haha grin u know na, life no get value there, poverty na die, North zone even housa they do omonile there u can't drag anything with dem
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by SlayerSupreme: 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
haha grin u know na, life no get value there, poverty na die, North zone even housa they do omonile there u can't drag anything with dem

grin grin grin
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by SlayerSupreme: 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Let me just add that when trading in such markets avoid those hustlers. Simple. Go straight to an established business to trade, whether you're new or not. Maka ndu gi.

Safe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by tiredoflife(m): 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
What baffles me is they will hold service b4 each day
Do praise and worship
But are mostly criminals

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by jimbada(m): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
Am totally against this comment about what happened yesterday to a young man who went to Alaba International Market to purchase an item.
Now somebody is coming out to set things straight about what happened yesterday.

My question is this
1. Sir, are you the PRO for Alaba
2. Do you know that, this is not the first time things like happen
3. What abt Ladipo village, Aba(arira), Diobu in PH
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by DEWKID(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
McBrooklyn:

grin Lol I don't speak that much French brother... I only understand just a little bit

Do you mean "Well, how's it hanging my brother..??"... Right??

Yes exactly i speak french though i didnt learn in school just with my francophone friends

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
Reading some comments and I must say Ike gwurum. Clout chasers and people who fail to understand the OP's point of view are like 5 & 6.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by ikeno(m): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
when going to alaba market you have to have two criteria.smart and very vigilant.i always go to the market to buy stuffs and also repair electronics but, believe you me i have been scammed so many times.
1)i went to buy a tokunbo led tv,on getting home it was an lcd tv i was given for the price of an led tv.when i complain i was told i ll add additional money to get an led tv and the money have expended already would have gotten me a brand new tv. 2)went there to hack my ps3 and add some games but i end up selling the game console for peanut because the game panel was changed by the repairer and i was told that it will cost me the almost the price of getting another game console to get it repaired. 3)had issue with the power button of my tv,took it to alaba to get it repaired,can you imagine i did not come back home with the tv.repairer told me it was the panel,later he said it was the screen.that was how i just abandon my tv with them cheesy Alaba boys,i fear them grin grin grin
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
iamclime:
I go to Alaba regularly, right from my student days. All I can say is that person wey go dupe me for Alaba go try! E self go see pepper! grin
But on a more serious note, do the following when buying at Alaba for the first time:
1. Go with someone who knows the territory
2. Determine what you want to buy before going (price, quality, specifications, etc). This can be done online
3. Avoid greed, in all its shades and hues
4. Buy from reputable shops, with a physical presence and a name to protect.
5. Check your receipt if it corresponds with the terms of your purchase
6. Test your product before leaving, make sure all components are complete and working
7. Check the brand name well. (There is SONY, and SONNY, and SUNNY. There is SAMSUNG and there is SAMSSUNG and SAMSONG!)
8. BEG GOD TO HELP YOU.

OMG, you mean even after observing Step 1 to 7? grin

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by sencekompis: 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
flatnoses go home gently
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 04, 2020
Obdk:

Yoruba Muslim Miscreant, this is you right? Trying to defraud folks here

So you really have time to dig into my posts...later someone will say what do I feel like. Am I not the agony you experience when you fail to mind your business. Report that to any law enforcement agency and let me sue you for libel.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 04, 2020
postmann:

Your birth was a result of the fusion of two great apes with cognitive impairments, who lack the basic human social skills to raise offsprings free from their generic defects.

Little wonder that despite arming you with an internet-ready phone, and opening up a window for you to connect with the civilized world, you still exhibit all the mental defects from your generational line.

Your tribe is the leading administrative kleptomaniacs in the history of the entire black race.

Anencephalic ogre!

I will take you serious if you can prove to me that the biological facts behind my birth is different from yours, then from there, I will try and look for reason why God punished your parents by giving you abnormal formatives like that of igbos.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

Shebi you said that your own comment on igbos was your opinion,well this is mine.
Go follow EFCC on social media first, you might understand what I'm vomiting.

Okay sir. Can you see I'm fed up already.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 04, 2020
prophetfire:
You are the covid-19 virus here spreading lies and hate. The Criminals running the nigeria state and stealing our resources at the federal level are they being controlled by the Igbos? The corrupt nigeria bereaucracy is being controlled by the fulanis at the helm and yorubas as the operators and errand boys. You people are the greatest thieves and scammers that have stolen and scammed the most blessed nation on earth to the poverty capital of the world. Igbos are learning to pick crumbs from U people in the corruption and scamming business.

You have your own point. Can you please tell me the tribe you belong? E get why.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 04, 2020
zinodizt:
Same way your heart is geared towards tribalism and you don’t see anything wrong with it as well.... Evil of the human heart is general..... certain individuals might tend towards something that doesn’t mean all of them are the same ......

We are saying the same thing bro...all igbos are not the same, out of 100 igbos, if you can see 5 good ones that's okay for the tribe.
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 04, 2020
DarkJeddi:
And yet the same Igbo VIRUS,you would rather die than let them go with their corruption?
Pathetic NITWIT.. grin

How do you then explain this to your posterity that you allow madman to oversee the burial of his mother?
Re: Alaba International Market, Correcting The Populace Mind And Setting The Record by Nobody: 4:01am On Sep 04, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Bigfrancis21. Rule 2.

Mr Reporter, hope you've found solace in this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obi Cubana And His Wife, Ebele Celebrate 14th Wedding Anniversary / Crowd Waiting To Buy Lake Rice At Ikorodu. PICS / Samuel Adedoyin's Daughter, Lola Olabayo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.