Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Bad Social Etiquette You Should Quit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bad Social Etiquette You Should Quit (284 Views)

I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad Social Etiquette You Should Quit by VirtueDigest: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2020
Social etiquette is not just about greeting people with a warm smile. You may know all the soft skills from your personal development book but it is not necessary you follow the right social etiquette.

Have you noticed people back away when you get too close to them? If your answer is yes, you might need to work on some of these tips we’d be stating today. You could start by changing your social habits from the bad ones to the good ones that is, habits that will attract people rather than push them away.

Bad Habits Associated with Eating and Talking

First, talking with mouth filled with food. It is just rude and a sign that you need to learn table manners. So, whenever you are asked a question while eating, chew your food and then, answer the question.

Second, don’t rush. If the person really has to hear from you, they’d wait.

Also, placing your elbows on the dining table. This might seem harmless but, you might hit the plate or the mug. So, it is best that you sit back to enjoy your meal.

The next one is drinking too much. I am not talking about coffee, tea or water. When you are in a social setting that involves drinking alcohol, avoid over indulgence. Don’t drink too much alcohol because it can cause you say to say things you might regret later.

Read More: https://virtuedigest.com/bad-social-etiquette-you-should-quit/amp/
Re: Bad Social Etiquette You Should Quit by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
That dinning etiquettes... I can't do without placing my elbows on the table to eat. Like how am I suppose to relax my back and be off the table while eating? If you're talking about tripping things and causing a mess, then those things can be moved to the center of the table. I mean... one needs to support themselves and secure the plate with those elbows.

About the others, well... Talking to someone with your mouth full is gross. So, still on point.

(1) (Reply)

What Can Amina Do? It's Not Working Again / Otedola - His Daughters - Ferrari Portofino / Infidelty, Genotype, Blood Group EXPLAINED.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.