Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / . (2029 Views)

Why Do Muslims On This Site Need A Safe Space? / Muslims Burn Pampers Diapers In India Over Cartoon, Accuses Pampers Of Blasphemy / Lawyers On The Day Of Judgement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Empiree: 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Emp.iree does not believe in human rights....only that which is promised in the Quran. He is a fanatic.
How do you define human rights?.

In Nigeria your human rights are violated by the same people who claimed to be educated. No stable electricity. No proper functional healthcare system. No good roads. No justice system. Law enforcement shoot you for refusing to give bribe. Laws protect the rich and the elites and the list goes on. What's more violation of human rights in Nigeria than these?. . Speak on son. Teal me what I don't know about himself rights... Please go ahead.

What you don't understand is your own problem which is hatred. Even last week a thread made front page about Iran execution of a murderer. This iranian killed fellow iranian and Nigeria Christians still blamed Iran and Islam for doing justice. You guys have serious problems. Many of you just speak just because you have mouth.

Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Empiree:

In Nigeria your human rights are violated by the same people who claimed to be educated. No stable electricity. No proper functional healthcare system. No good roads. No justice system. Law enforcement shoot you for refusing to give bribe. Laws protect the rich and the elites and the list goes on. What's more violation of human rights in Nigeria than these?. . Speak on son. Teal me what I don't know about himself rights... Please go ahead.

What you don't understand is your own problem which is hatred. Even last week a thread made front page about Iran execution of a murderer. This iranian killed fellow iranian and Nigeria Christians still blamed Iran and Islam for doing justice. You guys have serious problems. Many of you just speak just because you have mouth.

Talk A, you are talking B

We are talking about religious (islamic) obstruction of human rights, and you are here talking about other human rights abuses in Nigeria.

There are many human rights abuses but we are talking about your religion and your support for islams obstruction of human rights.
Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
Empiree:
you are speaking up small small. Keep going. I am listening to you. Speak up on Holocaust law. Go ahead

It seems that you have nothing to say
Re: . by Empiree: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
How does Islam obstructs human rights. Give one clear example and I will give you 100 in return. O ya(go ahead).
AbdulSleeky:

Talk A, you are talking B

We are talking about religious (islamic) obstruction of human rights, and you are here talking about other human rights abuses in Nigeria.

There are many human rights abuses but we are talking about your religion and your support for islams obstruction of human rights.
Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Empiree:
How does Islam obstructs human rights. Give one clear example and I will give you 100 in return. O ya(go ahead).

ISLAM'S ABUSE OF HUMAN RIGHTS

1. Freedom of speech. One cannot criticize the prophet or religion. One cannot draw the prophet. Compare this to every other religion where criticism and mockery is legal and allowed.

2. Freedom of association. Muslim women are not allowed to marry non muslims

3. Freedom of expression. In sharia states, women cannot wear bikinis on the street- even in summer.

4. Gay rights. grin

5. Womens rights. Wife beating. Women inherit less. More female witnesses needed.

2 Likes

Re: . by Empiree: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

ISLAM'S ABUSE OF HUMAN RIGHTS

1. Freedom of speech. One cannot criticize the prophet or religion.
Holocaust law is infringement on freedom of speech

One cannot draw the prophet. Compare this to every other religion where criticism and mockery is legal and allowed.
Sorry bro, Islam has its law like any other religions. There is difference btw criticism and mockery. You can criticize Islam based on your ignorance until you are enlightened. We criticize religions especially during debates. So no big deal as long as you present your authentic facts.

But mockery is no no. I have given you parallel example in the West. Your mockery of others can get you locked up. Those guys you see in Late Night Shows making funny stuff or SNL are licensed and registered. They have their limits they can not cross.

2. Freedom of association. Muslim women are not allowed to marry non muslims
1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals"

Nigeria as a case study. How Many Nigerian non-muslim politicians married Muslims?. Kindly tell us bcuz I haven't seen one. But I have seen Tinubu, Ajimobi, Fasola married Christians. I don't condone this because it is not acceptable. They will regret later. Ajimobi just regretted. His burial after him violated Islamic moderate burial and extravagance. This was due to his silly kiriyo wife. Besides, marriage is forbidden btw believers and non-believers from the time of immemorial as documented in the Bible. All Nigerian Christian politicians fulfilled this Bible passage but muslim politicians failed. Freedom of association placed Ajimobi in trouble. His wife used money that could alleviate poverty for some to design a grave.

Evidences that Bible forbids interfaith marriages.

Deuteronomy 7:3

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Deuteronomy 7:4

For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

3. Freedom of expression. In sharia states, women cannot wear bikinis on the street- even in summer.
Question is, why bikini?. Do Muslim women have choice to wear proper clothing?. If so, is this an option for them or not?. If yes, then what's your problem?. No religion on earth commands nu.dity, nakedne.ss etc.

4. Gay rights. grin
Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable" (Leviticus 18:22)

and "If a man lies with a man as one lies with woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads" (Leviticus 20:13).

5. Womens rights. Wife beating. Women inherit less. More female witnesses needed.

the screenshots should give you clue.

Re: . by true2god: 6:21am On Sep 23, 2020
Empiree:
how's this your headache?. He never said he doesn't believe in Hadith. He said he rejects Hadith that are in conflict with Quran. Isn't that fair statement?. And how is posting his picture makes me his sahabi?
This statement is hypocritical. You choose the Hadith that suits you and reject the ones you don't want. Sahih means authentic hence it is called sahih bukhari. If you are rejecting some hadith you don't like then it is no longer sahih.

Now, for the sake of argument, your Quran doesn't recommend killing blaphemers and apostates but your hadith does and all 5 schools of Islamic jurisprudence cite the hadith to recommend killing blaphemers and apostates, are they getting Islam wrong? Why did they reject the Quran and follow the hadith?

Again, the 5 solat prayer is not in the Quran. The number the Quran recommended is 3 while the sunni hadith recommended 5 solat prayers, why do you follow the hadith and not the Quran in the number of times you pray?

The challenge is that Muslim made Islam flexible; they choose whatever suit them and have a ready-made answer to whatever inconsistencies before them.
Re: . by true2god: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2020
Empiree:

We are talking about human right violation in Islam. Islam is an ideology, a religion and a believe system. Islam is not a country or an active state or nation-state so comparing Islamic human right violation with Nigeria doesn't make sense.

If you want to make an honest and constructive comparison, you compare Islamic human right with Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and other belief systems with a large followership. The fact is that Islam, as a religion, violate the right on non-muslims and this 'right to violate' is well embedded in Islamic scriptures. There is no concept of equality in Islam: it is always 'we' against 'them', the ummah against the kuffar.

The Quran in 9:29 ask Muslims to fight (not love) anyone who doesn't believe in allah or the last day and force the people of the book to pay the Jizya, in humiliation, except they become Muslims. Is this not human right violation?

In Islam, Muslim men can marry kafir woman but kafir men cannot marry Muslim women, is this not human right violation?

Mohammed said in the hadith 'I will expel the Jews and the Christian from the Arabian peninsula', is this not human right violation? Between the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims who were in Saudi Arabia first?

In any Islamic state, a non-muslim cannot testify against a Muslim, is this not human right violation?

A Muslim who left Islam cannot inherit from his father's property, is this not human right violation?

If a Muslim kill a non-muslim, in an islamic state, they Muslim will be asked to pay 'blood money' to the family of the deceased but if a non-muslim kills a Muslim the penalty is death, is this not human right violation and inequality before the law?

I can count many instances to show how Islam violate the right if non-muslims but I won't want you to accept them here so that you can save face for Islam on this forum. You need not lie to defend Islam.
Re: . by true2god: 7:07am On Sep 23, 2020
Empiree:

Sorry bro, Islam has its law like any other religions. There is difference btw criticism and mockery. You can criticize Islam based on your ignorance until you are enlightened. We criticize religions especially during debates. So no big deal as long as you present your authentic facts.

But mockery is no no. I have given you parallel example in the West. Your mockery of others can get you locked up. Those guys you see in Late Night Shows making funny stuff or SNL are licensed and registered. They have their limits they can not cross.

Nigeria as a case study. How Many Nigerian non-muslim politicians married Muslims?. Kindly tell us bcuz I haven't seen one. But I have seen Tinubu, Ajimobi, Fasola married Christians. I don't condone this because it is not acceptable. They will regret later. Ajimobi just regretted. His burial after him violated Islamic moderate burial and extravagance. This was due to his silly kiriyo wife. Besides, marriage is forbidden btw believers and non-believers from the time of immemorial as documented in the Bible. All Nigerian Christian politicians fulfilled this Bible passage but muslim politicians failed. Freedom of association placed Ajimobi in trouble. His wife used money that could alleviate poverty for some to design a grave.

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Question is, why bikini?. Do Muslim women have choice to wear proper clothing?. If so, is this an option for them or not?. If yes, then what's your problem?. No religion on earth commands nu.dity, nakedne.ss etc.

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable" (Leviticus 18:22)

and "If a man lies with a man as one lies with woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads" (Leviticus 20:13).

Nobody kills anyone for denying the holocaust. I as a person I don't believe in it. I have watched many debate in Europe and the US where many people deny the holocaust and nothing happened. In the US, you are protected by the 1st Amendment. Comparing freedom of speech with holocaust denial doesn't make sense but Muslims use it to stifle an honest discussion about the Islamic blasphemy law. This is pure crooked and dishonest. Muslims kills for blasphemy and nobody kills for holocaust denial.

If you say Islam can't be criticized, except based on Islamic standard and requirement then you are a hypocrite. Why will Muslim draw a line on how Islam can be criticized by non-muslims? FYA, Islam as a religion is built on fighting and criticising other religions, especially the Jews and the Christians (Surah alfatiha 6-7).

On the issue of freedom of association, I can't say much about it because almost all religion preach against free association with people of other faith. If you are however using Yoruba Muslim politician as a prerequisite of how benign Islam is then I can say you are writing from the position of pure ignorance. The Yoruba people, unlike the hausas or Fulanis, do not take religion serious and are also considered kufars by the people that call themselves authentic Muslims, the Fulanis and the Hausas. If you are giving us examples give us examples from people who are very fanatical with Islam and not Yorubas who are very liberal with religion.

How does the issue of bikini come into freedom of expression? In Saudi Arabia, can a lady wear Jeans and top, can a lady wear make-up in the public? Can a lady choose who to marry? Can a lady choose her career path? The answer is 'NO'. Mind you, Saudi Arabia is the home of Islam and the sunnah.

On the issue of gay, I am 100% against any so-called gay right.

On domestic violence, you are still comparing Islam, a religion, and Nigeria/US (state actors). Learn to separate the actions of state from the teachings of your religion. Quran 4:34 recommended wife beating FULL STOP!
Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 9:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Empiree:

We are not arguing about holocaust laws. That you compare islamic laws to a bad law shows that you believe that islamic laws are bad. Please use your brain.

You are agreeing that islamic laws on blasphemy is dangerous to free speech just like holocaust laws. See your low level reasoning?

Empiree:

lol....nonsense and lies. SNL in America mocks the American president and even the senate. So what are you talking about? If they can mock the most powerful person in the country, then what?

This is why there are so few islamic comedians. Islam is falling behind on free speech.

Empiree:

I am not a christian and this argument is dead on arrival. Quoting the bible to an atheist is the height of ignorance.

Your islamic interpretation of that verse is that you believe that non-christians (eg atheists, buddhists etc) have bad morals.

Modern christians interpret that verse differently. Many christians marry from all other religions- the exception to this is the christian cults like Jehovah's witness and fundamentalists.

Empiree:

I am not a christian and neither are you. Your interpretation of the verses is different from that of modern christians. I say this because christians marry from other religions.

The verse says "unequally yoked"......meaning that one could be "equally yoked" with unbelievers.

Empiree:

Freedom of choice. If a woman decides to wear shorts on the road, it is not your business. I am not talking about unclothedness. A bikini is not unclothedness.

You have no point. Islam stops women from wearing shorts, miniskirts, leggings etc in sharia states.

Empiree:

Old testament. Christianity and other religions have moved on from homophobic verses.

I am not a christian. I keep telling you this. I am an atheist and a secular humanist.

Empiree:

As if there are no muslim wife beaters in Nigeria.

As if there is no domestic violence in the middle east.

Guy, you have no point
Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2020
true2god:
Nobody kills anyone for denying the holocaust. I as a person I don't believe in it. I have watched many debate in Europe and the US where many people deny the holocaust and nothing happened. In the US, you are protected by the 1st Amendment. Comparing freedom of speech with holocaust denial doesn't make sense but Muslims use it to stifle an honest discussion about the Islamic blasphemy law. This is pure crooked and dishonest. Muslims kills for blasphemy and nobody kills for holocaust denial.

If you say Islam can't be criticized, except based on Islamic standard and requirement then you are a hypocrite. Why will Muslim draw a line on how Islam can be criticized by non-muslims? FYA, Islam as a religion is built on fighting and criticising other religions, especially the Jews and the Christians (Surah alfatiha 6-7).

On the issue of freedom of association, I can't say much about it because almost all religion preach against free association with people of other faith. If you are however using Yoruba Muslim politician as a prerequisite of how benign Islam is then I can say you are writing from the position of pure ignorance. The Yoruba people, unlike the hausas or Fulanis, do not take religion serious and are also considered kufars by the people that call themselves authentic Muslims, the Fulanis and the Hausas. If you are giving us examples give us examples from people who are very fanatical with Islam and not Yorubas who are very liberal with religion.

How does the issue of bikini come into freedom of expression? In Saudi Arabia, can a lady wear Jeans and top, can a lady wear make-up in the public? Can a lady choose who to marry? Can a lady choose her career path? The answer is 'NO'. Mind you, Saudi Arabia is the home of Islam and the sunnah.

On the issue of gay, I am 100% against any so-called gay right.

On domestic violence, you are still comparing Islam, a religion, and Nigeria/US (state actors). Learn to separate the actions of state from the teachings of your religion. Quran 4:34 recommended wife beating FULL STOP!

Empiree is an animal, just like some of his nairaland muslim brothers. There are very few good progressive muslims among them.

I like Empiree because unlike his muslim brothers (stalwert, lanrexlan, sino, rashduct4luv etc), he does not hide his barbaric beliefs. He states it clearly for everyone to see that he believes many of the backwards islamic interpretations and principles.

I wonder how they cannot see that they are the only religion that still kills apostates and blasphemers. Many muslims have either left or disavowed themselves from mainstream islam because of this violence. There are many muslims in london that refuse to associate with muslim like Mohammed Hijab, Zakir Naik etc because of their abhorrent views on non-muslims.
Re: . by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Empiree is an animal, just like some of his nairaland muslim brothers. There are very few good progressive muslims among them.

I like Empiree because unlike his muslim brothers (stalwert, lanrexlan, sino, rashduct4luv etc), he does not hide his barbaric beliefs. He states it clearly for everyone to see that he believes many of the backwards islamic interpretations and principles.

I wonder how they cannot see that they are the only religion that still kills apostates and blasphemers. Many muslims have either left or disavowed themselves from mainstream islam because of this violence. There are many muslims in london that refuse to associate with muslim like Mohammed Hijab, Zakir Naik etc because of their abhorrent views on non-muslims.

All this your vituperation can not stop anything. Call it barbaric or anything you like. To you be your way of life and to us is ours.
Calling someone online an animal shows how uncouth and possibly ill-bred you are.

Allah says:
Then do not obey the deniers.
They wish that you should compromise (in religion out of courtesy) with them, so they (too) would compromise with you.
(Qur'an 68:8-9)

Stop my mentions!

1 Like

Re: . by Empiree: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

I am not a christian. I keep telling you this. I am an atheist and a secular humanist.
ok. So get over your obsession with Islam and focus on you. My argument was always based on legal perceptive but you guys keep bringing Islam into this. It is evident you have issues with Islam, despite quoting bible to refute you. I grabbed your antics and true2god. It is waste of time dragging this further.

So wherever you go on planet earth obey the law of the land or you get punished whether your are comfortable with their law or not. You have absolutely no right to question the law. I knew exactly what I was doing for not arguing from religious view.

Good day and thanks for alllllllllllll your insults.
Re: . by AntiChristian: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
true2god:
Is Nigeria/Kano an Islamic state?

Nigeria is a country with freedom of religion. Some states have the Shari'a laws applicable in full. Some only partially while it's not applicable in some.

Shari'a law is a distinct and universal legal system.

1 Like

Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
Empiree:
ok. So get over your obsession with Islam and focus on you. My argument was always based on legal perceptive but you guys keep bringing Islam into this. It is evident you have issues with Islam, despite quoting bible to refute you. I grabbed your antics and true2god. It is waste of time dragging this further.

So wherever you go on planet earth obey the law of the land or you get punished whether your are comfortable with their law or not. You have absolutely no right to question the law. I knew exactly what I was doing for not arguing from religious view.

Good day and thanks for alllllllllllll your insults.

grin grin

Islam is obsessed with unbelievers and not the other way around.

Have a nice day
Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Nigeria is a country with freedom of religion. Some states have the Shari'a laws applicable in full. Some only partially while it's not applicable in some.

Sharia is not universal. It is a backwards version of theocracy that should be extinct.

Muslims have enough freedom of religion under secularism.
Re: . by AntiChristian: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Sharia is not universal. It is a backwards version of theocracy that should be extinct.

Muslims have enough freedom of religion under secularism.

Anything you say is in the light of atheism. You can keep determining how Muslims practise their religion for them.
How do you know what Muslims love? And how many Muslims do you even know?
Re: . by AbdulSleeky: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Anything you say is in the light of atheism. You can keep determining how Muslims practise their religion for them.
How do you know what Muslims love? And how many Muslims do you even know?

There are far more muslims than atheists both globally and in Nigeria.

I should be asking you what you know about atheists, atheism and secular thought.

Sharia has failed in every government that it has been implemented. Sharia kills education and integration. Look at how educationally ignorant the north of Nigeria is. Just even look at most of the middle east- so much oil money but they are dependent on western technology.
Re: . by true2god: 8:31am On Sep 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

There is no any state in Nigeria where sharia law is practiced in full. Sharia law is only applicable to muslims and non-muslims are not judged in sharia court.
Re: . by AntiChristian: 8:57am On Sep 24, 2020
true2god:
There is no any state in Nigeria where sharia law is practiced in full. Sharia law is only applicable to muslims and non-muslims are not judged in sharia court.

Can a Muslim commit blasphemy and then share this on whatsapp?

The same was tried in the Shariah court.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daily Dua (supplication) For The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Zakaat: The Ignored Pillar Of Islam / When The Ummah Was Almost Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.