Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,879 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes (544 Views)

Edo Election: One Person Shot In Ologbo In Ikpoba Okah LGA / EDO 2020: Obaseki Campaigns At Ward 12, Oredo Local Government / Obaseki Campaigns In Etsako Central (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by chimezieeze98: 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1U9Kgt_6o

Obaseki assures of violence-free election, urges electorate to come out, vote for PDP

The Edo State Governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has urged eligible voters in the state to come out en masse on September 19, 2020 and vote for the PDP to enable him consolidate on his achievements in the first term, assuring that the electioneering process will be violence-free.

Addressing party faithful during his reelection campaign rally in Urhonigbe wards 7 and 8, Orhionmwon Local Government Area, Obaseki charged the electorate to turn out without fear of intimidation or harassment to vote and stay back to defend their votes.

“Come out and vote, don’t be afraid as there would be no violence; nobody will fight on that day, come out and vote. I am assuring you as the Chief Security Officer of the state that there will be no violence in Edo during this election. We all made a promise at the palace of His Royal Majesty, Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, that there would be no violence during this election,” he assured.

The governor continued: “Vote for the PDP and stay back to defend your votes so that your votes will count and when I come back as governor, Urhonigbe Community will receive more attention from my administration.

“We started a rubber plantation in Urhonigbe about a year ago as we have to create jobs for our young ones; we have to create a new economy as we cannot continue relying on crude oil. This election will determine if we will continue to do things that will move us forward or allow all those people who put us where we are, to come back, but God forbid!

“I know your problems here; look at the gully erosion ravaging some parts of this place. I saw it with my eyes and I have to do something about it,” he assured.

Earlier, the Chairman of Edo State PDP Campaign Council, Chief Dan Orbih, noted: “From all the places we have visited, the people expressed their readiness to reelect Obaseki. Our visit is to come and thank you people and to appeal to you all that this election will determine the future of Edo people. Since the time of Obafemi Awolowo, no other governor has paid attention to agriculture like our Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki.

“He has started doing something in rubber plantation and palm oil production. We must encourage him by voting massively for him, so that he can continue the good work.”

“For all of you here, don’t exercise any fears because one with God is a majority. Please let us take this message to all the units in wards 7 and 8. For those preaching violence, I want to tell them that we are committed to peace; in being peaceful, we are going to be mindful of anybody trying to take our victory; we will defend our votes,” he said.

SOURCE: http://www.edostate.gov.ng/13341-2/
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Obaseki u b man

I support ur victory 100%

Edo no be lagos

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Simplyleo: 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
He assured violence-free election?

Is it possible for anything related to ipob miscreants to be violence-free.

Alright, we are waiting for one of the wonders of the world on 19 Sept 2020.
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by MrOjay1(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Obaseki the slayer of Oshiomole's career
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Eriokanmi: 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2020
MrOjay1:
Obseki the slayer of Oshiomole's career
grin no be small tinz. Bin dey give them sleepless nights . See a governor campaigning freely amd people cheering as he's driven past

No road block
No pandemonium
No violence

He has completed statewide campaigns starting from Edo North to the Cenral, South and Western regions, embarked on ward to ward, now rounding it off with streets campaign. Great jobs mr governor. 4+4=8
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Unigrad: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
Torgba. You have my vote Governor Obaseki.
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Unigrad:
Torgba.
You have my vote Governor Obaseki.
As if your vote is a determinant of the winner undecided
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Eriokanmi: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
NNU0000:
As if your vote is a determinant of the winner undecided
make dem come carry ballot box that day na. If dem born dem well. For we state, votes dey count bros.
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
Eriokanmi:
make dem come carry ballot box that day na. If dem born dem well. For we state, votes dey count bros.
I hope the votes of the electorate will really count.You sure say you fit do anything if dem wan carry ballot box?
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Eriokanmi: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
NNU0000:
I hope the votes of the electorate will really count.You sure say you fit do anything if dem wan carry ballot box?
bros ( my opia go dey inside my clothe while I watch with Eagle eyes shocked) whispers!!!
Re: Obaseki Campaigns In Ikpoba, Assures Violence-free Election, Pleads PDP Votes by Cyberterror: 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
Prepare for the election very well because Ize Iyamu won't be disqualified as you planned cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Video: Work At Brigadier General Mobolaji Johson Train Station Nears 90 Percent / How God Show Me Obaseki Winning On 26 July. / Edo Election Update: 'words Fail Me', Obaseki Speaks As INEC Declares Him Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.