Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) (39810 Views)

Ohanmi Road Washes Off Two Months After Completion (Photos) / Pictures Of Five Cowries Terminal: A Beautiful Jetty in Lagos / The Alagbole-Yokoyo Flyover Is Near Completion (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

No body is comparing an old outdated state with Akwa-Ibom ok
Can you compare the two state in everything in the last 15yrs??
Be honest to yourself...
Everything in Rivers was built by federal government while Akwa-Ibom build all thier stuff by themselves
and who built it?
Isn't the Akpabio you now so despised?
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Instrumentalng(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Toght
Chris2863:

It's developing but the people inside are not developing
So true I am from Akwa Ibom but I must confess development is on going thumbs up
But if you don’t develop/educate your people
Na another man go manage your resources for you
Ask the ogonis

2 Likes

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Uteghe:
grin Onna (Udom's village) gets a jetty it doesn't need while Oron's jetty is killed left to rot.
I tire for that man matter, and na that Oron one for make sense pass considering that the sea there connects to major cities, Calabar, Cameroon, Rivers state and the Atlantic Ocean.
Sha at least make he no be say he no do anything for their people after his tenure expires

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by SocialJustice: 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
[quote author=Hunchogee post=93562548][/quote]You should have sense first. Stupid Bush fool. It is your type that celebrates ultra modern borehole.
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
24SEVEN:

Akwa Ibomites are notoriously petty. This thread is a clear example of their level of pettiness.
if you have issues with the Hunchogee and the rest then you make it out with him and insult him the way you want but don't bring that nonsense to my state cos I'll so mess up your life with insults and curses.
Just stay your lane.

4 Likes

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
and who built it?
Isn't the Akpabio you now so despised?
Who despise Akpabio?
Have you ever seen any of my thread talk or priase any politician??
My own is development, exposing Akwa Ibom state hidden asset to attract investors to my state..
And that is what I owe my state as a citizen..
Ok
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
if you have issues with the Hunchogee and the rest then you make it out with him and insult him the way you want but don't bring that nonsense to my state cos I'll so mess up your life with insults and curses.
Just stay your lane.
My brother you are not getting the point, the idiot you quoted hate Akwa Ibom progress not huncho.
Ask your self why is he always commenting negatively about AKS...
When someone hate your child, do you think he / she likes the parents?
Your state is the embodiment that forge who you are, so represent her well... Period
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by disstroyy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
NkanAkpanika:
Yes oooo, Akwa-ibom continue winning ooo

When you tell doubters that Akwa Ibom is now developing rapidly and is not a one city state the start to insult you...

You realize the supposed Onna Jetty isn't as economically viable as the efforts which should have been channeled towards Ibeno, Oron or even 'Alu City', right? I understand UGE is trying to leave his own imprints in Onna where he hails from but it's akin to a white elephant project compared to the ROI if it were the aforementioned jetties/places.

And no, Akwa Ibom has never been a one-city state. Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom is the first LGA in Nigeria and has better city planning that Umuahia, Abia State capital. Eket has been a thriving city for decades, and home to oil companies. Itu has been historical and a focal point in Akwa-Cross trade and relations. Ikot Abasi has been more developed before Owerri even came into existence (Ikot Abasi was the centre of colonial rule, besides Lokoja and Calabar, and was the shipping city/port during the slave trade era). Uyo is metropolitan and a megacity composing of 6 L.G.As.

The only way anyone can state AKS is a one-city state is if they are ignorant or they know you aren't articulate enough to state a defense for the state. Asides Lagos, no other state, especially in the South South, can match Akwa Ibom's developmental credentials. And I don't even need to like the governor to state these facts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
disstroyy:

You realize the supposed Onna Jetty isn't as economically viable as the efforts which should have channeled towards Ibeno, Oron or even 'Alu City', right? I understand UGE is trying to leave his own imprints in Onna where he hails from but its akin to a white elephant project compared to the ROI if it were the aforementioned jetties.

And no, Akwa Ibom has never been a one-city state. Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom is the first LGA in Nigeria and has better city planning that Umuahia. Eket has been a thriving city for decades, and home to oil companies. Itu has been historical and a focal point in Akwa-Cross trade and relations. Ikot Abasi has been more developed before Owerri even came into existence (Ikot Abasi was the centre of colonial rule, besides Lokoja and Calabar, and was the shipping city during the slave trade era). Uyo is metropolitan and a megacity composing of 6 L.G.As.

The only way anyone can state AKS is one-city state is if they are ignorant or they know you aren't articulate enough to state a defense for the state. Asides, Lagos, no other state, especially in the South South can match Akwa Ibom's developmental credentials. And I don't even need to like the governor to state these facts.
Ibeno Road as a jetty and they are planning the Ibom Deep Seaport in that axis..

Secondly have you head of Onna industrial corridor, you can Google its an read more about it..
Onna houses almost 5 industries including the famous coconut refinery which is bounted btw onna and mkpat enin. In summary the jetty will be as viable as nothing else
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
disstroyy:

You realize the supposed Onna Jetty isn't as economically viable as the efforts which should have channeled towards Ibeno, Oron or even 'Alu City', right? I understand UGE is trying to leave his own imprints in Onna where he hails from but it's akin to a white elephant project compared to the ROI if it were the aforementioned jetties/places.

And no, Akwa Ibom has never been a one-city state. Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom is the first LGA in Nigeria and has better city planning that Umuahia, Abia State capital. Eket has been a thriving city for decades, and home to oil companies. Itu has been historical and a focal point in Akwa-Cross trade and relations. Ikot Abasi has been more developed before Owerri even came into existence (Ikot Abasi was the centre of colonial rule, besides Lokoja and Calabar, and was the shipping city/port during the slave trade era). Uyo is metropolitan and a megacity composing of 6 L.G.As.

The only way anyone can state AKS is one-city state is if they are ignorant or they know you aren't articulate enough to state a defense for the state. Asides Lagos, no other state, especially in the South South, can match Akwa Ibom's developmental credentials. And I don't even need to like the governor to state these facts.
God bless you again with the last paragraph you summerise
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Yeyenairaland(m): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
Akwa ibom ayaya

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Then you néed to counter the lie you claim with proof na

U need to understand how things work. Bye bye.
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Yeyenairaland:
Akwa ibom ayaya
Amen
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by disstroyy(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Ibeno Road as a jetty and they are planning the Ibom Deep Seaport in that axis..

Secondly have you head of Onna industrial corridor, you can Google its an read more about it..
Onna houses almost 5 industrial including the famous coconut refinery which is bounted btw onna and mkpat enin

You're preaching to the choir. Ibom Deep Seaport is located in Mbo L.G.A. Erm, don't get me started on the coconut refinery. There are things I shouldn't reveal on Nairaland. Let's focus on the jetties. I'd rather the governor concentrates on the state controlling the activities of what happens on the coastline. If you know the monies made on the shores of Oron and Ibaka alone daily, the hundreds of millions of naira, you'd know why those places are priorities. Seafood and more.

One shark fin is 5,000 dollars on the shores of Oron. Find out how many shark fins are sold daily. Crayfish, crabs, and many more. I'm not even counting drilled crude oil yet. Handled well, Akwa Ibom State doesn't even need to depend on its humongous oil wealth. Now you get an idea of the opportunities being wasted.

3 Likes

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
disstroyy:

You're preaching to the choir. Ibom Deep Seaport is located in Mbo L.G.A. Erm, don't get me started on the coconut refinery. There are things I shouldn't reveal on Nairaland. Let's focus on the jetties. I'd rather the governor concentrates on the state controlling the activities of what happens on the coastline. If you know the monies made on the shores of Oron and Ibaka alone daily, the hundreds of naira, you'd know why those places are priorities. Seafood and more.

One shark fin is 5,000 dollars on the shores of Oron. Find out how many shark fins are sold daily. Crayfish, crabs, and many more. I'm not even counting drilled crude oil yet. Handled well, Akwa Ibom State doesn't even need to depend on its humongous oil wealth. Now you get an idea of the opportunities being wasted.
Hmmmm, am not arguing anything out of what is obtainable?
Am from eket axis too, but let allow the government to industrialised the state ok...
As for where the seaport is located you can read through the link below
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/akwa-ibom-govt-plans-to-involve-host-communities-in-execution-operation-of-ibom-deep-seaport/amp/

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by divieq17: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
LEARN A SKILL TODAY AND BECOME RELEVANT

Nigeria Construction Equipment market is expected to witness a strong growth rate in the medium to long term future. Driven by surge in market conditions and technological advancements, the Construction Equipment has witnessed strong growth in terms of sales.

In terms of investment opportunities and product sales, the sector is offering strong growth prospect for both domestic and international companies.

Population growth, coupled with urbanization, is continuously increasing the demand for quality and affordable housing, which will support the growth of the residential construction market over the forecast period. According to the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), the country's total population increased by 11.8%, from 164.2 million in 2011 to 183.5 million in 2015, and is expected to reach 210.2 million by 2020. The country's urban population increased by 20.4%, from 72.8 million in 2011 to 87.7 million in 2015, and is expected to reach 108.7 million by 2020.

- The infrastructure market is expected to benefit from the government's plan to enhance the sea-port facilities to transform the country into a maritime operational hub within the continent by 2020. The government is planning to build the country's largest shipyard in Badagry by 2019, with an aim to transport 2.5 million barrels of crude oil per day.

Registration is currently ongoing for the next batch of Equilog Professional Training's, courses includes;

* Mobile Crane Operator Training- September 28th, 2020.
* Excavator Operator Training- September 7th, 2020.
*Forklift Operator Training- September 7th, 2020.
* Reachstacker Operator Training- September 7th, 2020.
*Pay Loader/Bulldozer Operator Training- September 7th, 2020.

#PetrolPrice #EnoughIsEnough #BBNaijia2020 #Covid_19 #ManLikeKiddwaya #Nigerians #Atiku #Buhari #Brodashaggi

Visit us @ Royal Cedar Plaza, KM 25 Lekki Epe Expressway Opposite Fidelity Bank, Ajiwe Ajah Lagos or

Hub 30 Co-working space 41 Road, G close, No 3 Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin, Lagos.

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by disstroyy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Hmmmm, a not arguing anything out of what is obtainable?
Am from eket axis too, but let allow the government to industrialised the state ok...
As for where the seaport is located you csn read through the link below
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/akwa-ibom-govt-plans-to-involve-host-communities-in-execution-operation-of-ibom-deep-seaport/amp/

LOL. Da, Ete, afo kere abo afo n'nem n'nem mme anie'wo? Ibom Deep Seaport (otherwise known as "Ibaka Deep Seaport" ) is located at Ibaka community in Mbo L.G.A of the state. This is as obvious as the stars on a cloudless night. Even more so if you are from Eket axis. Except you mean "Eket" as in "Eket Senatorial District" as against Eket L.G.A which you most likely implied.

Again, I'd rather not argue with you about the administration's much-touted industrialization drive. Let's not wash our 'family's' dirty dirty linen in public. I'd state this regardless: He has good intentions but he's mostly putting square human pegs in round positional wholes.

Industrialization regardless, certain policies would vastly improve the economy, especially harnessing the wealth in the state's waters. But I guess we aren't ready to have that discussion and harnessing those potentials.

2 Likes

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Hahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
Please loan up pix hahahahahah
Not wooden. Fisher man jetty built everywhere in Ibeno and Ibaka or Oron hahahahhahah
We need source ooo,, pictures and proof hahahah
We are all waiting..
my man that jetty in ona is not a new thing....e full everywhere for bayelsa
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Uteghe(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Baba is Onna in Akwa Ibom state??
If so na win win we dey
Are all of PMB's northern appointees from naija? If so na win win we dey.

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
ruggedtimi:
my man that jetty in ona is not a new thing....e full everywhere for bayelsa
My man I never mention your state for my talk..
Secondly you should go and say that to guy that quoted me...
Am here taking about my state progress another person is hating
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Instrumentalng:
Toght
So true I am from Akwa Ibom but I must confess development is on going thumbs up
But if you don’t develop/educate your people
Na another man go manage your resources for you
Ask the ogonis
Hajajjajajjajajajajaj, ogoni sha
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Matthewdan(m): 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
How can someone be celebrating Jetty!...... How come I'm an Akwa ibomite? cry cry cry
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Matthewdan:
How can someone be celebrating Jetty!...... How come I'm an Akwa ibomite? cry cry cry
Am not sure maybe you were adopted from cultist invested state...
You can masturbate on this below too.... Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by MegaStarr(m): 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
PDPdestroyer:
Any development deserves commendation but not every development deserves celebration. I commend whoever is responsible for this development but this isn't news worthy.

You've spoken wisely.

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Femeto: 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
This is not even up to half way to completion.No perimeter fencing what so ever,no lights e.t.c
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by oyinella(f): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Sister, the way you jump in am sure you are from or base in Rivers state?
If yes what you are just doing now is what I did that lead to this comment your quoting... Defending your state from hateful dunce ok
no I'm not from rivers state and I live in Uyo

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by Hunchogee: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
oyinella:

no I'm not from rivers state, my children are from Nsit Ibom and I live in Uyo
Ok sis...
You can read through from the beginning and see who first came up with the state Insult
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by muller101(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Your pay master is really trying. Unemployment for that state no be here. grin

1 Like

Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by tedemite: 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
What is this? Nothing person no go see this NL.
People are building massive bridges across the city and you are showing us jetty. Hmmm
Re: Onna Jetty In Akwa Ibom Is Near Completion (Photos) by muller101(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hunchogee:

Hmm
keep comparing Aks and Rivers State. yet ikot abasi people can't stay in their wonderful state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident In Jos Kills Many On Yingi Road (Disturbing Photos) / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria / Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.