Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? (40207 Views)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 05, 2020
Food is cheaper there (trust Hausa people na) but rent fit choke you, if you want to stay in all those satellite towns just prepare for security issues, dutse alhaji and kubwa being the worst. Mararaba and nyanya self no be Abuja, na nassarawa be that.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 05, 2020
chidexnwa:
what of gariki? Are houses there within that range?
keep btw 400k to 600k for self con
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 05, 2020
SegFault:
Food is cheaper there (trust Hausa people na) but rent fit choke you, if you want to stay in all those satellite towns just prepare for security issues, dutse alhaji and kubwa being the worst. Mararaba and nyanya self no be Abuja, na nassarawa be that.
Thief go wan finish your life grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 05, 2020
chidexnwa:
what of gariki? Are houses there within that range?
No, unless you want to stay in Garki village, which is rife with security issues and almost like a slum. Going to Abuja guy, you gats to hold better bar, rent is fvcking expensive, e fit reach 500k per year self, but you can try Apo resettlement, I hear say rent fit dry manageable self, transport na just 150 bucks to area 3 junction, but man, the hold up sometimes self, but if you don live for Lagos nothing do you, that apo hold up na pikin play.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 05, 2020
Kaeboy:
Thief go wan finish your life grin
I swear, especially dutse alhaji tufia, the useless area boys there self wey dey carry knife dey rob person for broad daylight, I know the kind shit I see when I been dey school for that side, kubwa na another case entirely, my aunty been tell me say dem rob two of her neighbours.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 05, 2020
SegFault:

I swear, especially dutse alhaji tufia, the useless area boys there self wey dey carry knife dey rob person for broad daylight, I know the kind shit I see when I been dey school for that side, kubwa na another case entirely, my aunty been tell me say dem rob two of her neighbours.
security is a problem in most of this suburb. Aboki thief will use knife and cutlass design you. We have to station our own vigilante men in my area with our own money and we equip them with fire arm after police advice us to get security for ourselves. That was when those criminals left us alone.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 05, 2020
Kaeboy:
security is a problem in most of this suburb. Aboki thief will use knife and cutlass design you. We have to station our own vigilante men in my area with our own money and we equip them with fire arm after police advice us to get security for ourselves. That was when those criminals left us alone.
Which side you dey?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 05, 2020
SegFault:

Which side you dey?
Gwagwalada center

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 05, 2020
Kaeboy:
Gwagwalada center
Haew pele. Sha those days of gwags hold up no dey again, but the heat for that place ehn. grin
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by ajimo54(m): 5:53am On Sep 05, 2020
dukeprince50:
Good day nairalanders, I plan on relocating to Abuja but I do not know how expensive it is and what to expect, though I heard its a very expensive place.

I am just a young man in his late twenties, I won't be living in a place where the affluent lives neither do I need a place where the poorest lives lol, I just need a cool place, and oh I am not married so I am living alone, I am not extravagant in spending and I am also not a miser but just someone who will just lives average like every other young man out there.

Just see me as a guy who wants to live in a cool self contain rather one room or bedroom
I wish to know how much I'll budget for monthly expenses and cost of housing

My dear friend, Abuja is cheapee to reside compared to Lagos and Port Haecourt. However, pls dont come if u dont have a job you are doing. It is not worth the suffering. Business here is survival of the strongest. Lastly, criminals like robbers, buglars, one chance, evil boys are rife in Abuja. My neighbour was killed by robbers inside his house. Everyday, robbers operate! If u are ok weaever u are, pls dont come to Abuja!

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Jaqenhghar: 5:55am On Sep 05, 2020
shankara7:
That's your own mentality but to some people no amount is too high for their comfort.. The serenity and standard of living coupled with opportunities for social networking in places like Maitama, Wuse 2, Asokoro and the likes is worth the rent paid IF you can afford it.
This right here is the problem. Most of what you speak of here is an illusion most people are sold about abuja then they go amd are very disappointed.
1. Which social networking are you talking of? Abuja people are the most cold and anti social people I have ever met. Its even worse when you are in a place like those places you mentioned. In abuja nobody talks to you except they want something from you. Even neighbours dont greet because everyone wants to show that he is better than the other. They have this culture of wanting to oppress all the time. The idea that one big man can make way for you is a big lie. The big men are busy securing everything for their children and families
2. When you speak of comfort honestly you will find more comfort in a place like kebbi. Kebbi is one of the few places in naija currently that enjoys almost 24 hrs uniterrupted power.
3. Thank God you mentioned "IF". To really enjoy yourself and live in those places certainly 400k wont be enough for you except youwant to be working for landlord.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Jaqenhghar: 6:06am On Sep 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
There are still lower classes and middle classes.
Honestly I dont see the difference between the middle and the lower class. They suffer the same things. The so called middle class sef are jist lower class that are better at packaging themselves.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Jaqenhghar: 6:12am On Sep 05, 2020
seanwilliam:
chai Abuja no be shereshere o...
At all brother.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Baltazarcus(m): 6:19am On Sep 05, 2020
Binance:
I'm just here watching people ditch out lies and hatred maybe out of ignorance. Truth is Lagos has expired, no amount of condemnation of Abuja will bring Lagos back to life.

Op, listen to me, move to Abuja, later you will be happy with yourself you made the move.
If you are not lazy, Abuja is the best place to stay in Nigeria.

N/B I live in Abuja.

Hey bro, I live in Abj too but I'm looking for Jo. Opportunity if you can help, I will really appreciate it. Accommodation is not a problem for me. It's just the job thanks
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 05, 2020
Brachaa:
Abuja of all places?? I. Don't know why, I dont just like that place for anything.
What Is Wrong Abt D Place?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Obas101(m): 6:23am On Sep 05, 2020
dukeprince50:
Good day nairalanders, I plan on relocating to Abuja but I do not know how expensive it is and what to expect, though I heard its a very expensive place.

I am just a young man in his late twenties, I won't be living in a place where the affluent lives neither do I need a place where the poorest lives lol, I just need a cool place, and oh I am not married so I am living alone, I am not extravagant in spending and I am also not a miser but just someone who will just lives average like every other young man out there.

Just see me as a guy who wants to live in a cool self contain rather one room or bedroom
I wish to know how much I'll budget for monthly expenses and cost of housing
Forget what the other guys are saying. Nothing is expensive except you choose it. Based on your requirements, you can get a self con in karu site about 200k. It's close to town and the environment is fresh. The only problem is the traffic. If you have a work to go to, you have to leave the house before 6.30am.also closing around 5 you will experience go slow. But that area is the best for someone that likes a good setting and has little money
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Offpoint: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2020
Decallmemartin:
Oga there is cost of living everywhere in the world. This simply gives you an estimated average cost for your expenses.
Prove it
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Deborah98(f): 6:41am On Sep 05, 2020
I stay in nyanya house rent around here is 120-180k as the case maybe,it's closer to town than maraba, feeding and transportation here in Abuja is also high.. you have to make a decision before you embark on coming to Abuja cos it's a mind your business area.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by blowjohn(m): 6:58am On Sep 05, 2020
Sarmiz24:
Naija wise up nothing good about any state in this country all are over rated slump, expcially Lagos and port harcourt... if y’all don’t wake up and fight for your future, ur future will fight against u so y’all need to wise up now

Oya u start the fight na.
Abi u no sabi fight ni

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 05, 2020
Truvel:
What Is Wrong Abt D Place?

Dunno.

Just never liked it. I always feel it's a local place. tongue
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Snitch24(m): 7:06am On Sep 05, 2020
I will advice u to get a place anywhere under bwari local govt. Maybe dutce aljh or bwari main they're quite affordable[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Bro no reason that nyanya oo, na nassarawa border.
E no mean

Only challenge is traffic, nothing more

I manage my family property within that area.
It depends on class.
U can get a house that is far more expensive in that border than houses in some certain area in town like asokoro village,gwarimp village,e.t.c
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 7:39am On Sep 05, 2020
Deborah98:
I stay in nyanya house rent around here is 120-180k as the case maybe,it's closer to town than maraba, feeding and transportation here in Abuja is also high.. you have to make a decision before you embark on coming to Abuja cos it's a mind your business area.
Wich side of nyanya
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I lived in abj for over 3 years sister. I know what Im talking about. I wont sit down and talk about stuff I dont know. Most people in abj are just trying to keep up. You too admitted that the so called big boys are just leeches.
your post is misleading
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Deborah98(f): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2020
FGonline:
Wich side of nyanya
besides that jikwoyi park
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by laithanman: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2020
I do not know why u guys are discouraging dudes to live in nyayan. Mind u, Nyayan is still abuja, under AMAC. Rent here is affordable 100-200k for self con depending on the area, facility available and how secure the area is. Transport to town is Max 1k to and fro. The traffic is minimal except on days when there is accident on the road.
I stay in nyayan and I drive max 45mins to work in central area. Same coming home. Traffic only gets mad when accident happens on the road.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2020
Deborah98:
besides that jikwoyi park
are u igbo?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Deborah98(f): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2020
FGonline:
are u igbo?
yap
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2020
SegFault:
this una mentality ah

Apart from traffic dos place @Nyanya axis are far better than gariki village which an ignorant pesin like u would ve exonerated,kubwa village,gwaripa village e.t.c
Also investment opportunities abound in d area
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2020
Deborah98:
yap
ur WhatsApp
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by FGonline: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2020
Kaeboy:
lol

Very funny
Re: What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja?? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2020
FGonline:
this una mentality ah

Apart from traffic dos place Nyanya axis are far better than gariki village which an ignorant pesin like u would ve exonerated,kubwa village,gwaripa village e.t.c
Also investment opportunities abound in d area
Number one, look at who is calling someone ignorant, number two, garki village is a shithole too, a near slum, number three, I can't even understand what the hell you are trying to say, structure your sentence properly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos Of Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead / NNPC Tanker’s Trailer Boy Seen Battling Fuel Leakage In Lagos (Video) / This Is Enugu Agidi, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.