Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle (21431 Views)

Inside The N13bn Mansion Cristiano Ronaldo Will Be Staying At Manchester (Photo) / Cute Family Photos Of Lionel Messi Staying Safe / Mohamed Salah Avoids Kiss From A Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by daddytime(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Mtcheeew

It is common sense for him to honor his existing contract, see out this season, enjoy his almost £100m earnings, help them to relegation if that's where the board will be happy to go, then take a stroll with no bad blood next season to retain and maintain his legendary status with the club.

Very easy matter wey dem no need think twice.

Na the jazz wey that Chelsea woman Marina take jazz Perez and Real Madrid to collect £150m for Hazard I still dey think about.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Louisananda7(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ewu
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by ybalogs(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
FPL managers already reserving space for him ooo. Permanent captain.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by stchinedu: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
undecided

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
obembet:
Lionel Messi has reportedly resigned himself to the fact that he will have to see out his Barcelona contract and stay at the club for another year.

The Barca captain had been hoping to leave the club on a free transfer this summer, with Manchester City leading the chase for his services as they sought to reunite him with his former manager Pep Guardiola.

Messi has become disillusioned with life in Catalonia after Barca's shambolic 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League left them looking as far away from returning to the top level of European football as they have been since last winning Europe's biggest prize in 2015.

Manager Quique Setien left shortly after that loss, and has been replaced by Ronald Koeman.

Messi's father Jorge has been holding talks with Barca chiefs in a bid to thrash out his son's future, with the Messi camp holding onto the hope that they could exploit the fact that a €700m buyout clause in the star's contract no longer existed.

Jorge Messi's statement to La Liga and Barca outlining the apparent expiration of the clause was published on Friday, only for La Liga to issue a swift response denying this and stating that the clause was still at play.

"The €700m release clause exists and is absolutely valid," said the league in a statement.
"Their interpretation of the contract is decontextualised and far from the literality of the same."

This has forced Messi and his camp to back down from their transfer threat according to TyC Sports in Argentina, who were one of the first outlets to break that Messi could leave this summer.

They add that Messi does not want to leave "in the middle of a legal scandal" that could be seen as damaging to his legacy at the Nou Camp.

Source: https: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/messi-transfer-news-barcelona-city-22629865.amp

If Messi decides to remain and he becomes unproductive throughout the season, how does that help Barcelona?

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by IYANGBALI: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi too dey fare jare. That’s why I love Ronaldo, him na tough guy, him no Dey fare anybody

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
he is not a slave na
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by muykem: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
theoneJabulani:
The drama continues, Barcelona need to accept Messi won't play forever, the sooner they start preparing for his departure, the better.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in lagos, payment on delivery available nationwide.
They just want to use this one year render him useless. White can't make you and allow you to go somewhere else to enjoy yourself. Be watching.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Sheazie(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by frankmoney(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Coward

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by flexd99(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
U
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by ofiko123(m): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi should see out his contract at Barcelona.. That is my humble opinion...
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by dalass(f): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
grin

I certainly don't care whether Lion or GOAT or Cheetah stays or leaves... All the money he received, how much did I get? ..... wink

In a few years, he'll be in China too cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Lekute: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
I think Messi is just fed up with Laliga because it's no more challenging. Reason because the person he's competing with is no longer in Laliga.

The impact of Ronaldo is at work. If Ronaldo had not left for Juventus, Messi won't be calling it a quit.

Laliga President is just spiting Rubbish concerning the exit of Ronaldo.

If he dare leave lasan, he will see pepper.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Fact is, MaN City won't accept that piece of shitt

He should quietly retire in Barca cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Adeniran906(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good news for barcelona fans
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by molbic(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
Thank leo for heeding to the advice of prophet T.B Joshua Our Darling Daddy In the LORD
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by dapsoneh: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
theoneJabulani:
The drama continues, Barcelona need to accept Messi won't play forever, the sooner they start preparing for his departure, the better.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in lagos, payment on delivery available nationwide.
do you have sleek 4GB RAM upward with display inches 13.3 or max 14 and with good b3 life? Contact me and lets do bussiness
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nice one, wishing him more success in his chosen options.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by fykes(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
The best thing for barca now is to negotiate a reduced fee say 350m or 400m for those willing to be crazy with money.... And let the man go or still lose him after a much rudderless performance next season... The man has nothing to lose if he doesn't perform next season... He may even feign injury and sit mind bench to cash his cheque
Bale did it, ozil is doing it, Torres did it, he won't be d first
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by oba4ever: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
prekumohtim:

If Messi decides to remain and he becomes unproductive throughout the season, how does that help Barcelona?

Barca should loan him to man city. I don't see him being productive at all and his last season will just be the worst and spoil his good works and reputation

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by theoneJabulani(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
dapsoneh:
do you have sleek 4GB RAM upward with display inches 13.3 or max 14 and with good b3 life? Contact me and lets do bussiness
message me https:///2349023980235
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Abfinest007(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
nonsense
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
No Messi, no Barca. if Messi leaves Barca, the club is dead.

fact.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by omoluabiguy: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
E don red for messi ooo.

Do you want to learn programming for free? Check out my YouTube tutorials and thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw?sub_confirmation=1

You can as well join our Facebook community where we answer questions, discuss and share ideas about technologies
https://www./738709033333419/?ref=share
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Openbusiness: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
I respect Messi for this decision. As the greatest legend in Barcelona's history, it is better for him to leave on peaceful terms, to cement his legacy forever without any scandal. One year no far again. May God Almighty keep him well till then and beyond. Am so sorry Man City, u guys have to wait till next year, I don port back to Barcelona abeg. And back to Chelsea for EPL. When Messi comes to Man City next year, I will dump Chelsea again grin. But for now, the sky has turned back to Blue abeg.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
theoneJabulani:

I dont know how true Man city's offer of 3 players and 100million pound is, they should have accepted and move on.
Re: Lionel Messi 'staying at Barcelona' as star avoids prospect of legal wrangle by Santhophi753: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2020

Join Now: W W W . F U N D B O O S T. C L U B

《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

START MAKING AS MUCH AS $100 DAILY ONL!NE STRAIGHT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!

WITH A MINIMUM OF $10, YOU CAN BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM.

CARD DEPOSITS, BANK PAYMENTS, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

BUY BITCOIN: https://luno.com

JOIN OUR DIGITAL PLATFORM TO START EARNING USING FOUR EASY STEPS: SIGN UP》ADD FUNDS》INVEST 》GET YOUR RETURNS.

All you require to earn is made accessible on your secured dashboard.

Fundboost receives your investment and with the help of experienced digital investment managers, they are able to deliver an amazing RETURN ON INVESTMENT of up to 10% every day for the total of 20 days investment tenure. .

THIS IS A SIDE INCOME PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU FOCUS ON YOUR DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES.

You can also make over $1 for every registration using your affiliate link.

Join Us Right Now:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Saudi League Is Better Than MLS". / Russia 2018: Nigeria Will Win Best Kit At Least - BBC Bluffer's Guide To Teams / Robert Lewandowski Wins Best FIFA Men's Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.