Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters (16105 Views)

Lady Sacked For Telling Her Best Friend To Stop Dating Her Boss / How To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary / Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:36am On Sep 05, 2020
People like Slap44 will see politicians (who are meant to provide equipment) and hail them, but will descend on innocent firefighters and beat them up.

12 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by MuttleyLaff: 4:37am On Sep 05, 2020
Well done Sir naptu2
Very informative, very factual and very sending a loud and clear message. Hmm
I wish more can find their voice(s) in social justice, as you've very well demonstrated with this thread.
Imagine, at a period of time, there were no snorkels, and yet, you have the cheek to go erect high-rise building
Union Bank get sense sha. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by SLAP44: 4:37am On Sep 05, 2020
naptu2:
People like Slap44 will see politicians (who are meant to provide equipment) and hail them, but will descend on innocent firefighters and beat them up.
The firefighters should have carried the politicians to the fire scene and explain to the shop owners like this as the inferno raged----

"See the oga that failed to provide fire hydrants"
they should collect better beating together grin grin

Why coming alone? grin

4 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:38am On Sep 05, 2020
SLAP44:

You are sounding like an illiterate, who should have provided the fire hydrants?

The politicians that you praise are the people that should provide hydrants!

Where have you seen firefighters providing hydrants??

What kind of ignorance is this??

9 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by SLAP44: 4:40am On Sep 05, 2020
naptu2:

The politicians that you praise are the people that should provide hydrants!

Where have you seen firefighters providing hydrants??

What kind of ignorance is this??

So the fire fighters turned up to laugh and mock the property owners?

Tell us something! grin grin grin

You should send prayer warriors with bibles instead of wasting our time with empty tanks and useless sirens.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by Tannhauser(m): 4:41am On Sep 05, 2020
grin

Stop making excuses. The men of the fire service are ill trained, unintelligent and demoralized.
Fire safety services in Nigeria is as useless as the P in psychology angry angry
Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:41am On Sep 05, 2020
SLAP44:

The firefighters should have carried the politicians to the fire scene and explain to the shop owners like this as the inferno raged----

"See the oga that failed to provide fire hydrants so they collect better beating together"

Why coming alone? grin

Now I know that you are not serious and are just trolling. There's no need responding to you again. I'll reserve my time and energy for serious people.

6 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by SLAP44: 4:43am On Sep 05, 2020
naptu2:

Now I know that you are not serious and are just trolling. There's no need responding to you again. I'll reserve my time and energy for serious people.

Change their names to

NIGERIAN EMPTY TANK SERVICE grin

3 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by tiger28: 4:43am On Sep 05, 2020
As Quoted here," fire hydrants were installed during the COLONIAL era". I Strongly believe that Nigeria and Africa will be BETTER OFF if we give it back to the Colonialists. The way the Black man has treated his fella Black man and how he has avariciously Taken over his Govt treasury is pathetic! You can NEVER hear of an African resigning out of conscience or governing for one term then stepping down except Mandela. The Black is his OWN ENEMY!

2 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by MuttleyLaff: 4:47am On Sep 05, 2020
tiger28:
As Quoted here," fire hydrants were installed during the COLONIAL era". I Strongly believe that Nigeria and Africa will be BETTER OFF if we give it back to the Colonialists. The way the Black man has treated his fella Black man and how he has avariciously Taken over his Govt treasury is pathetic! You can NEVER hear of an African resigning out of conscience or governing for one term then stepping down except Mandela. The Black is his OWN ENEMY!

SLAP44:
So?.
Fart? angry angry angry
Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:48am On Sep 05, 2020
I was really hopeful when the Babaginda Administration bought those BMW motorcycles. Some fire services use motorcycles to beat the traffic and attend to fires in places that are otherwise innaccessible. The motorcycles do not have to have water tanks because there are fire hydrants around. They simply connect their hoses to the hydrants.

Unfortunately I never saw those few motorcycles being used to fight fires.

5 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by Tannhauser(m): 4:49am On Sep 05, 2020
SLAP44:

So the fire fighters turned up to laugh and mock the property owners?

Tell us something! grin grin grin

You should send prayer warriors with bibles instead of wasting our time with empty tanks and useless sirens.

I swear, that would be far better, useless fire service. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:53am On Sep 05, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Well done Sir naptu2
Very informative, very factual and very sending a loud and clear message. Hmm
I wish more can find their voice(s) in social justice, as you've very well demonstrated with this thread.
Imagine, at a period of time, there were no snorkels, and yet, you have the cheek to go erect high-rise building
Union Bank get sense sha. It is well

What really gets me is that people never ask politicians any questions about the fire service during election campaigns. It's like people don't even think about them until there is a fire and then they blame them.

The same people that attack the fire service are also part of the problem. They engage in dangerous practices, build without providing access to fire trucks and obstruct fire trucks on the road.

9 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by MuttleyLaff: 4:55am On Sep 05, 2020
naptu2:
I was really hopeful when the Babaginda Administration bought those BMW motorcycles. Some fire services use motorcycles to beat the traffic and attend to fires in places that are otherwise innaccessible. The motorcycles do not have to have water tanks because there are fire hydrants around. They simply connect their hoses to the hydrants.

Unfortunately I never saw those few motorcycles being used to fight fires.
The motorcycles would have been used to combat small fires anyway (e.g. car fires, et cetera) and not infernos at high rises, industrial estates et cetera

1 Like

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by SLAP44: 4:55am On Sep 05, 2020
Tannhauser:

I swear, that would be far better, useless fire service. grin grin grin

Imagine the likeness grin

Someone's property is burning to tinder and you wait for hours for fire service, and they blare their sirens from miles away, you will have this high hopes that the fires will be out, lo and behold, they open their taps and there is only enough water for two guys to bath grin

What kind of tomfoolery is that? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:56am On Sep 05, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The motorcycles would have been used to combat small fires anyway (e.g. car fires, et cetera) and not infernos at high rises, industrial estates et cetera

Yes, to combat small fires and to contain large fires before the arrival of the big fire trucks.

3 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:56am On Sep 05, 2020
Bravo!

Interesting and very educative.

Public enlightenment is needed for ALL CITIZENS.

The ones purchasing equipments, maintaining it and the citizens that think it's best to cause harm to fire fighters forgetting that our carelessness causes fire outbreak.

I heard of some who collect the pay of the fire fighters as per they are the ones who recruited them and pay them meagre sums.

May sense and conscience return to our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:57am On Sep 05, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Fart? angry angry angry

Ignore him. It's obvious from his comments that he didn't even read the piece. He is just here to try to derail the thread for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by naptu2: 4:58am On Sep 05, 2020
PeachtreeReside:
Bravo!

The ones purchasing equipments, maintaining it and the citizens that think it's best to cause harm to fire fighters forgetting that our carelessness causes fire outbreak.

I heard of some who collect the pay of the fire fighters as per they are the ones who recruited them and pay them meagre sums.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by MuttleyLaff: 4:58am On Sep 05, 2020
naptu2:
Yes, to combat small fires and to contain large fires before the arrival of the big fire trucks.
Also to advance warn the oncoming fire trucks of potential hold ups ahead and provide alternate quicker routes or give diverting instructions on how to quickly get to affected place et cetera
Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by anytexy: 5:03am On Sep 05, 2020
Waooo! This is wonderful .well-done

1 Like

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by MuttleyLaff: 5:03am On Sep 05, 2020
PeachtreeReside:
Bravo!

naptu2:
Amen!
Every nation gets the leaders/government it deserves.

The so called leaders, who actually are looters and rulers, didnt drop from tree tops. They come from our communities, villages, towns, cities, states, from us. So appropriately, may sense and conscience return to each one of us. Let us woke.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by KangaIye: 5:11am On Sep 05, 2020
Naptu........ Agba Awo. Thanks for the heads-up
Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by smallsmall: 5:12am On Sep 05, 2020
rentAcock:
You can never please the average Nigerian. They must complain and bicker. Nigeria is moving forward but these people want it to look like Dubai overnight. We have corruption, we have insecurity, we have outdated infrastructure but we are still marching forward just at a slow pace. I've seen how firefighters train and I commend them. Most times they are given the herculean task of tackling house fires with inadequate equipments and they step up to the plate and get the job done.

Respectfully, l say that you dont know what it means to be MOVING FORWARD, as a Nation.

- Growing Up, l see running public Taps at almost every junction (that big headed thing like a Public UK Post Box), almost every house has running Tap water, TODAY, No Public Taps and every House has now become its own Public Water Works....... That is your definition of moving forward?

- Growing Up, we had never heard of Fuel Generators because Power was constant and if they would take Power (mainly for maintenance), they made an annoucement some days before doing so. TODAY, we are all dying from the fumes of Fuel Generators - That is Moving forward, right?

- Not too long ago, a Teacher could afford to take a car loan and buy a Volkwagen Beetle, without stealing School money or going into poverty, but TODAY, Teachers are not even to be blamed, when they steal School money because we know that their salaries are stolen by their Ogas and the Ministry of Education Top Brass, it is 'handout' galore, if a lecturer is not to die of hunger! - That my friend, is moving forward bah?

- Growing Up, we could stay outside playing under the Moonlight till 2am at night (while our Parents are fast asleep or doing God knows what in the Bedroom grin ) but TODAY, if you send your Child out of your Gate in daytime, even if you are very poor, its either Kidnappers for ransom or Kidnappers for rituals will snatch your child! - That my friend, is your definition of moving forward, right?

- Driving around for leisure, used to be something people do in those good old days! You could drive to Ilorin to Lagos, Kano to Benin and back and still fell refreshed. TODAY, even Governor entourages get attacked by Fulani Herdsmen and Kidnappers, for short, intra-state journeys!
That my friend, is not how to move forward.

- In the good days, if you found money on the floor, you announced in a loud voice: Who has lost money, l found x-amount on the floor and if you dont get a response, you hand it over to the Police and the owner will get to know they can go collect their lost money from the Police!
TODAY, people will actively try to pick your pockets, Police will kill over #50 Roger, the Top Brass of the Police will loot money meant to run the stations and give Uniform to the Officers, etc. We have really move forward in criminality. undecided

- When l was young, l watched as Mighty Joe, Oyenusi and other notorious criminals were tied to the Drum at BarBeach AND SHOT!
We use to sing: What willl do with being a Thief, in this my life.... If anyone steals #500 of Govt or Public Funds, they go to Prison for very long time. TODAY, people dont steal in the thousands or Million anymore, it is in the BILLIONS OF NAIRA, no one is immune and even our "Fake Daddy of Integrity" in Aso Rock, has become the Chief-Looter, using proxies here and there. Can l fault you, if you say we are 'moving forward'? undecided

- Before we started moving "forward", if you finish Secondary School (Form Five), you are good enough to start teaching immediately in the same School you just finished from, that is how sound the educational system was. Even those who learnt Trade/Apprenticeship, were sound enough to earn a living from it.
TODAY, most Graduates cannot teach their own primary school juniors at home, never mind being employed as a Secondary School Teacher. grin
Just peruse Nairaland Posts and you will read the horrible English they write and the level of their mental paucity will become quickly apparent.
Can l dispute your assertion that we are moving forward? grin

Talking about Dubai and "moving forward slowly", how long did it take Dubai, to become what it is today?
Let me give you an example: Dubai started the Emirates Airline in 1991, with a loan of two Aircrafts from the Pakistan Airlines. TODAY, it is the fifth largest in the world and has passenger capacity of 3rd highest!
Now, compare that to Nigeria Airways - DEAD
Air Nigeria - DEAD
We even launched a "Digital/Audio National Airlines" on Paper, about three years ago! grin That one too - DEAD.

Naptu2 or even yourself can setup a world class FireFighting Unit within Two years, if you are honest and dont loot the funds, yet the whole of Nigeria has been unable to do so in over SIXTY YEARS after independence!
Every good thing the White Colonialist bequeated to us, we have ruined them, instead of building and progressing on them. angry

I can go on forever, about this eyesore called "Nigeria" and it is a shame that people like you dont even get it, cant see it or just pretend that 'all is well'.
Like the elders used to say, "If you use twenty years to "warm-up" into running Mad, how long are you going to be Mad for"? grin grin
We need to be honest to ourselves, Nigeria is a disgrace to the Black Race!
A nation of the "most shamelessly corrupt leaders" the world has ever witnessed.
Nigeria is RETROGRESSING among nations of the world, instead of moving fordward.
One step forward, Three steps backward, is not how to move forward

Let me chill, Nigeria as it is today, is not worth my ink/keystrokes. undecided

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by smallsmall: 5:21am On Sep 05, 2020
naptu2:

But you also excused the Politicians in your Post/heading while pillorying the members of the Publci who beat Firefighters that came to the farm without a Hoe! undecided

You should have used a heading like WHY NIGERIANS NEED TO START BEATING POLITICIANS WHO STEAL MONEY MEANT TO BUY FIREHYDRANTS FOR FIREFIGHTERS
or something like: WHY NIGERIANS SHOULD BEAT THE POLITICIAN, INSTEAD OF BEATING THE FIREFIGHTERS WHO SHOW UP WITHOUT ABILITY TO FIGHT THE FIRE.

This your post, as informative as it is, is also tilting towards the usual "Praise-singing /Tuale attitude" of most Nigerians. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by SLAP44: 5:29am On Sep 05, 2020
smallsmall:

Respectfully, l say that you dont know what it means to be MOVING FORWARD, as a Nation.

- Growing Up, l see running public Taps at almost every junction (that big headed thing like a Public UK Post Box), almost every house has running Tap water, TODAY, No Public Taps and every House has now become its own Public Water Works....... That is your definition of moving forward?

- Growing Up, we had never heard of Fuel Generators because Power was constant and if they would take Power (mainly for maintenance), they made an annoucement some days before doing so. TODAY, we are all dying from the fumes of Fuel Generators - That is Moving forward, right?

- Not too long ago, a Teacher could afford to take a car loan and buy a Volkwagen Beetle, without stealing School money or going into poverty, but TODAY, Teachers are not even to be blamed, when they steal School money because we know that their salaries are stolen by their Ogas and the Ministry of Education Top Brass, it is 'handout' galore, if a lecturer is not to die of hunger! - That my friend, is moving forward bah?

- Growing Up, we could stay outside playing under the Moonlight till 2am at night (while our Parents are fast asleep or doing God knows what in the Bedroom grin ) but TODAY, if you send your Child out of your Gate in daytime, even if you are very poor, its either Kidnappers for ransom or Kidnappers for rituals will snatch your child! - That my friend, is your definition of moving forward, right?

- Driving around for leisure, used to be something people do in those good old days! You could drive to Ilorin to Lagos, Kano to Benin and back and still fell refreshed. TODAY, even Governor entourages get attacked by Fulani Herdsmen and Kidnappers, for short, intra-state journeys!
That my friend, is not how to move forward.

- In the good days, if you found money on the floor, you announced in a loud voice: Who has lost money, l found x-amount on the floor and if you dont get a response, you hand it over to the Police and the owner will get to know they can go collect their lost money from the Police!
TODAY, people will actively try to pick your pockets, Police will kill over #50 Roger, the Top Brass of the Police will loot money meant to run the stations and give Uniform to the Officers, etc. We have really move forward in criminality. undecided

- When l was young, l watched as Mighty Joe, Oyenusi and other notorious criminals were tied to the Drum at BarBeach AND SHOT!
We use to sing: What willl do with being a Thief, in this my life.... If anyone steals #500 of Govt or Public Funds, they go to Prison for very long time. TODAY, people dont steal in the thousands or Million anymore, it is in the BILLIONS OF NAIRA, no one is immune and even our "Fake Daddy of Integrity" in Aso Rock, has become the Chief-Looter, using proxies here and there. Can l fault you, if you say we are 'moving forward'? undecided

- Before we started moving "forward", if you finish Secondary School (Form Five), you are good enough to start teaching immediately in the same School you just finished from, that is how sound the educational system was. Even those who learnt Trade/Apprenticeship, were sound enough to earn a living from it.
TODAY, most Graduates cannot teach their own primary school juniors at home, never mind being employed as a Secondary School Teacher. grin
Just peruse Nairaland Posts and you will read the horrible English they write and the level of their mental paucity will become quickly apparent.
Can l dispute your assertion that we are moving forward? grin

Talking about Dubai and "moving forward slowly", how long did it take Dubai, to become what it is today?
Let me give you an example: Dubai started the Emirates Airline in 1991, with a loan of two Aircrafts from the Pakistan Airlines. TODAY, it is the fifth largest in the world and has passenger capacity of 3rd highest!
Now, compare that to Nigeria Airways - DEAD
Air Nigeria - DEAD
We even launched a "Digital/Audio National Airlines" on Paper, about three years ago! grin That one too - DEAD.

Naptu2 or even yourself can setup a world class FireFighting Unit within Two years, if you are honest and dont loot the funds, yet the whole of Nigeria has been unable to do so in over SIXTY YEARS after independence!
Every good thing the White Colonialist bequeated to us, we have ruined them, instead of building and progressing on them. angry

I can go on forever, about this eyesore called "Nigeria" and it is a shame that people like you dont even get it, cant see it or just pretend that 'all is well'.
Like the elders used to say, "If you use twenty years to "warm-up" into running Mad, how long are you going to be Mad for"? grin grin
We need to be honest to ourselves, Nigeria is a disgrace to the Black Race!
A nation of the "most shamelessly corrupt leaders" the world has ever witnessed.
Nigeria is RETROGRESSING among nations of the world, instead of moving fordward.
One step forward, Three steps backward, is not how to move forward

Let me chill, Nigeria as it is today, is not worth my ink/keystrokes. undecided

The topic has tribal bashing as it's only objective.

1 Like

Re: Naptu2: Why Nigerians Need To Stop Attacking Firefighters by SLAP44: 5:30am On Sep 05, 2020
markidoo:
If you attack and my crew repels things can get very nasty though we don't bear arm I can assure you we have enough weapons in our glossary of appliance. May it never be our portion in Jesus Name. I love my profession with passion. Proudly a Fire Fighter.

Go and repel in the centre of Alaba market and come back with your adventures, we are here waiting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCMB Laying Off Staff. / Further Your Career With SAP ERP Training In Lagos And Port Hacourt Nigeria / 5 Simple Strategies To Boost Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.