Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes (20279 Views)

Shekau, Abu Mus’ab, 79 Others Top List Of Wanted Terrorists By Nigerian Army / FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje / Senators Protest Fuel, Electricity Hikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by ojun50(m): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2020
We die here
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Mjpem23(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/tuc-79-others-plan-protests-strike-over-fuel-price-electricity-tariff-hikes/

Las Las ! We are all wailers.

I dove my Hat for the Best Senate President Ever in the History of Nigeria...
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Alwaysachick: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2020
Guyman02:

They suddenly ended NPOWER which was using to troll Nairaland.
Now hunger is setting in on him in Gboko with the new fuel and electricity prices increase and he has been spamming this place with This is not the change we voted. He has removed darling daddy from Buharis name because I can assure you, nobody will invite him to Hannan wedding grin grin

Short sighted . All of you that supported Buhari should be banished from this earth's surface. You people are a deficit to humanity... Shame
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Cyberterror: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2020
I am sure the NLC won't be part of the sham protest or strike. The TUC and other PDP sponsored civil society groups can go ahead and make noise for their paymasters.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by bluecircle470: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:
Last last... lets not lie to ourselves, we miss Saraki's senate. not this new gathering of Buhari's children..

Saraki senates will have gone on strike abi...
Abi nah the senates go pass the increament? Nawaooo cool
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by ikorodureporta: 7:39am On Sep 05, 2020
Even if fuel hike is not reversed, they shl reverse electricity tariff hike
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2020
bluecircle470:

Saraki senates will have gone on strike abi...
Abi nah the senates go pass the increament? Nawaooo cool

You and I know it wont have even gotten to this level sef... impeachment proceedings would have started again..
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by bluecircle470: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:

You and I know it wont have even gotten to this level sef... impeachment proceedings would have started again..

Are there no grounds for impeachment? Will you start an impeachment proceedings on the ground of increament?
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Doyou2019: 7:46am On Sep 05, 2020
Prodigee:
Who their yeye protest help! Dem go still go behind doors go negotiate deals which consequently does not favour the masses. So who are they fooling?!

Would you rather everyone keeps quiet and wail like you? Wetin una want sef.

2 Likes

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by stevenson007: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2020
UNTIL WE UNDERSTAND THIS, WE AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by jornwhite: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2020
Esseite:
Last last... lets not lie to ourselves, we miss Saraki's senate. not this new gathering of Buhari's children..

Nd where was saraki senate when fuel was hiked from 97 to 145 or what burden did they avert on nigerians. it as alway bin "they" vs "US" maybe you miss him buh we don't.
The only achievement of 8th senate was power tussle with buhari,
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by DannyJ19(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2020
Buhari pepper dem!!!

Our Darling Daddy on the beat grin grin grin

Sai Baba till Infinitygrin
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Alwaysachick: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2020
ugodson:
We all as a nation need to take action. They can't just be using us as puppets,if we dnt take a stand now imagine how the year will end for us all.

Just imagine PMB dat I actually voted for for 1term?

You put us in this mess and you are here ranting.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by eejo(m): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2020
Nigeria is broke and there is nothing Buhari can do now. The hard truth is that hardship is going to continue till the Economy bounce back.

1 Like

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Kuginzi: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2020
rowland545:
Its about time...I thought they will shout sai baba and chicken out
So the word "Sai baba" is what is giving u sleepless night all these while. Biko!!

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by sammysneh(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2020
iLegendd:
Mtcheew.
We voted for it, so let's chill and enjoy it in peace.
Our darling daddy is doing a nice job.
grin
iLegendd:
Mtcheew.
We voted for it, so let's chill and enjoy it in peace.
Our darling daddy is doing a nice job.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2020
Shey these unions know they are the cause of the problem

In 2012, their protesting caused GEJ to reverse subsidy removal, and in 2013 they also forced the government to adopt subsides in the power sector too

Now see where we are. Thanks to the fall in oil prices over 6 years and the covid crisis, we can't afford to keep prices low anymore

But they want cheap power and cheap fuel...with which money?

Maybe they want us to take another loan...

1 Like

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by apache22b: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2020
So sorry you just have to wait till 2023 ... I feel your pain ...
if there's any way I can be of help , please kindly let me know !!!

fatymore:
I want to join....

When is it? This government is undecided

Agege to Alausa is now 200. Something of 50/70 as at 2017.

Rice is now 450/500 per derica( foreign)
Local rice is 400

Vegetable oil nko. Local woman can't afford the in large quantity.

Hike in everything yet salary has been slashed due to corona.

The most bitter is when BRT fare from Agege to Ikeja shouldn't be more than 100, Sanwo government pegged it at 150, whereas Danfo sometimes collect 100 even 50 naira... Why are these people wicked like this. Na only dem Corona affect undecided

Buhari Administration should pity us small now.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by iJhoe(m): 8:08am On Sep 05, 2020
Much ado about nothing. Protests that lead nowhere
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Greenwisdom: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2020
this country never see anything yet, fuel go reach #250 under this government of wickedness 😈😈😈
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by SocialJustice: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2020
Guyman02:

Nobody go join you, Buhari is a tyrant, he will ask security agents to shoot you as they did to the Igbo youths in Enugu recently
Get sense before you speak in public.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Teejay13(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2020
We can't keep shut any more, this has gotten to its peak.

The government of Muhammad buhari have made life difficult for it's citizens.

We can condole this any longer and that is why there is need for public protest.

Please lets all come out and amplify our voice for this cause.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Powerexpert: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2020
Standing up for what is right does not mean being told what to do. It is believing in a course and seeing it to the end.

Since the number of groups people are looking forward to protest for them brings the settlement price of the leaders higher than imagined, a sinister group might resurrect or break away from the standard one to dance to the tune of the powers that be depending on the path of least cost to settlement.

In a haste to copy the methodology of nations in this pandemic in shutting all shuttable to be able to attribute the gains to Covid while the people that actually needs the gains are left to fend for themselves or rather 'go and die'. Deaf ear is turned to their cries and woes and rather than a soothing policy, serpent is used to wipe all irrespective of political affiliation.

It's a pointer to many wrongs and ills of a failing society that is isolated to the reality of the bondage deliberately or accidentally set for the voiceless and powerless people.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by mxhibit(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2020
Juan4:
Please im begging you guys. Let's just enjoy this change most of us voted for. grin grin grin grin

Check my saggy if you would want to know everything about Snail Farming Business and how lucrative it is.
Change and other parties are all the same. No difference. It was this same you thta was complaining when GEJ and OBJ were there. PDP can't offer anything better than what we see now. If PDP enters and does 2 terms, na we go say dem no dey try make we vote another party again. Thats how the political game has been. The solution to all these Nigerians are facing is neither APC nor PDP.

1 Like

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by ViktorCash: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2020
Enjoy your change grin

1 Like

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2020
apache22b:
So sorry you just have to wait till 2023 ... I feel your pain ...
if there's any way I can be of help , please kindly let me know !!!

I'm in the same situation as her, can you please help me too?
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Oluwafhemmi10: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2020
I smell mass arrest of many union leaders b4 the protest take place at all...we already missed it as a country in 2015, we fell to their lies just the way Eve fell for the lies of the devil in the garden of Eden. We can't change wot has been done in 2015, we only need to have sense and do the needful as a country coz some old fools cannot hold a population of over 200 million to ransom...
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by CioAngels(f): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2020
The more Nigerian to the more the they get more more money they will get more to steal/loot. We nigetian should know that the seats power does not the ordinary Nigerians to exist. Yet, we refuse to learn, we should stop voting for them because they are not useful to us.
Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Angelfrost(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Good! Don't stop till something is done!!!

Jonathan wanted to stop the subsidy then and sell for N140 but Lauretta termed it 419

They were telling us then that there's nothing like subsidy hence the APC asked GEJ to sell for N65

Now after scamming Nigerians, that shameless Lauretta Onochie said she cannot join

Maybe she has developed amnesia but we will NEVER forget!!!

Shameless woman!!!

All of them are shamelessly hypocritical!!! The worst are Buhari and his VP!

Even a child with half a brain knew back then that GEJ was on the right track with that subsidy removal... These idiots we now call leaders knew very well it was the right path for the betterment of the nation, yet they acted in their own personal interests, and out of hatred for the person in power... Now, they want to toe that path they rejected all because they are now in power.

If they were intelligent, they would have gone this way the very moment they came on board, but they chose not to, all because they wanted to win second term... You can see how selfish these elders are.

2 Likes

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Angelfrost(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2020
cjudy:
shocked

Una never see anything.
When things started getting out of hand in this country, nobody said anything. When it finally fell out of hands, you people want to protest. Sorry guys, Rotten BBQ darling daddy will not listen to you.

Fuel must get to 300 per litre so we go get sense.

They asked for a better country, now they have it...

I don't pity Nigerians one bit!!! Call me heartless, I don't care!!!

1 Like

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by cjudy(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

They asked for a better country, now they have it...

I don't pity Nigerians one bit!!! Call me heartless, I don't care!!!
Don't mind them. I don't pity them a bit. Me and my family can afford it, we are living comfortable with it. I only pity those that didn't vote this yeye government

1 Like

Re: TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes by Angelfrost(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2020
SocialJustice:
This will be the mother of all protests. Buhari had better start thinking and do the right thing because one wrong move and a serious protest to have him removed from office will start. It could even lead to a situation that threatens our democracy.

No be only Mother, what of Murder??! Mtchewww!!!

The Mother of all Protests was the pointless one orchestrated by Buhari, Tinubu, etc, against Jonathan when he did this same thing the very same hypocritical Buhari is doing now...

However, GEJ was tolerant and Democratic, things which Buhari is not... Go and protest! I dare you all! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Biden, Harris: "We Look Forward To Working With You" / Atiku’s Campaign Wants 'Jagaban Army' Dismantled Before Presidential Election / Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks In June To Prove Jonathan Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.