Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... (353 Views)

Gang Who Track People At Abuja Airport Almost Kidnapped My Friend - Twitter User / I Kidnapped My Lover To Raise Money For Our Wedding – Suspect Confesses / Man Runs Into Fraudsters Who Hypnotized And Fleeced Him Of N6.5m In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by proeast(m): 9:01am On Sep 05, 2020
I don't know what this country is turning into, but there is cause for alarm that anarchy and lawlessness has become the order of the day. Unimaginable things are now happening in Nigeria and no one is safe anymore.

If the police that is paid to safeguard the citizens are the ones who now terrorize, dehumanize and rob them, then something needs to be urgently done or else we are doomed in this country.

My mother sent my kid brother on errand yesterday but as he was walking down the street in Umola road, in Ogborhill area of Aba, an unmarked bus double crossed him in gestapo style, forcefully collected his phone and as he was still trying to fathom what was going on or why he was being harrased, they began to beat him up, and bundled him into the bus and drove away.

When my mother who sent him on errand didn't see him after a while, she called his number and it wasn't going through. It was when she was looking for him that some people who saw what happened now related the whole information to her. In her hysteria, they went to the nearest police station i.e Azuka but they were told the policemen that did it didn't come from there. They went to other police stations before they were directed to go and check at the Eziama police station located close to old NEPA office along Ikot Ekpene road.

By the time they got there, my kid brother has been beaten to stupor, and in the process, they forced him to transfer the money in his account to them.
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by otobasin2323(m): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2020
thats very sad

1 Like

Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by CuteMike01(m): 9:05am On Sep 05, 2020
Nigeria doesn't have a police force just criminals in uniform. With just #5, 000 you can hire police to do your dirty works. Shame! My sympathy to him.

1 Like

Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by Deborah98(f): 9:08am On Sep 05, 2020
So what did you guys do later, file a report against them immediately...

1 Like

Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by proeast(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2020
The most unfortunate thing is that the money they collected from his account is not even his money, because he is still an undergraduate, but money being sent home by my sister who is in the US. She prefers sending the money to his account since he is the last born and it would be more convenient for him to withdraw it and hand over to my mother. All these can be easily verified in the bank. In case they may want to label him a yahoo boy as they always do.

This terrible and unimaginable incident happened yesterday. And since then, I haven't gotten myself as to why an innocent person would be made to pass through such injustice by the very people who are paid to protect the citizens.
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by proeast(m): 9:10am On Sep 05, 2020
Deborah98:
So what did you guys do later,fill a report against them immediately...

Nothing has been done yet because I'm not in Aba and my mother is not strong enough considering her age and health
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by Deborah98(f): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2020
proeast:

Nothing has been done yet because I'm not in Aba
don't you have someone who will stand in the gap for you, this is something that should be backed up legally and otherwise, has your brother been released?
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by proeast(m): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2020
Deborah98:
don't you have someone who will stand in the gap for you, this is something that should be backed up legally and otherwise, has your brother been released?

Yes, he was later released that yesterday. But I'm feeling bad that such impunity could happen.

Why would policemen from Eziama be going about kidnapping people at random, beating them up and robbing them at gunpoint?

Such crazy things should be nipped in the bud and never be allowed to happen but it's obvious that they've been doing this others before now and will continue to do it unless they're stopped.
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by proeast(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2020
I'm only trying to create awareness about this evil and seek for possible ways to get justice for my kid brother.
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by Deborah98(f): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2020
[quote author=proeast post=93590474

Why would policemen from Eziama be going about kidnapping people at random, beating them up and robbing them at gunpoint?

[/quote]that has always been the case my dear,they need to be dealt with,it's good he's been released..
Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by doggedfighter(f): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2020
We're a people under siege cry cry

1 Like

Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by Deborah98(f): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2020
proeast:
I'm only trying to create awareness about this evil and seek for possible ways to get justice for my kid brother.
you need to,try posting it on large platforms where they can be retweeted...

1 Like

Re: Eziama Police Aba Kidnapped My Brother, Beat Him To Stupor & Fleeced... by proeast(m): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2020
Lalasticala could you please move this to front page.

Together, we can help make our society better for us all.

It was my brother yesterday, but it could be anyone tomorrow. Innocent people are being victimized everyday and they go home to lick their wounds in silence while these evil men in uniform get more emboldened because they're never penalized.

(1) (Reply)

DSS Invites Journalist, Masara Kim Over Terrorism Reports / Breaking: #endsars Protesters Blasted Water In Abuja (VIDEO) / 5000 Twitter Users Try Shutting Kemi Olunloyo's Account, Afailed Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.