Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim (656 Views)

This Is What Is Popping Up In My Htc Pls Help Me / My Htc Desire 610 Can't Recieve Call Nor Make Call / Help Me On My HTC Desire 610 Hotspot Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by monkvirus(m): 9:49am On Sep 05, 2020
Hello gurus in the house,

So i got this HTC Desire 728 dual screen device from someone from overseas, it actually came in with other goods and when i plugged it into a power source it immediately come up but rather than booting to the home screen it brought up this screen(1st picture), then when i click(using the power button) to select any of the options, it doesn't responds and once i shut down the phone and plug it into the power source, it immediately powers up to the same screen. Even when i plug the device to my laptop, it doesn't even show if anything is actually connected to my laptop

Please gurus in the house what can i do to make this phone boot to the home screen so that it can be used.

Thanks in advance for the help

Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by hyuga(m): 10:14am On Sep 05, 2020
Lots of work on this. Try turning off S-ON then unlocking bootloader then flashing a recovery then download the Stock or custom ROM. You can get all this on the web. Shalom
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by monkvirus(m): 11:37am On Sep 05, 2020
@hyuga I tried to do the S OFF but I can't seem to be able to do that as all the materials online are saying I should first power on the phone and disable fastboot, but like I said earlier, the phone won't boot past that pic I uploaded earlier and form there nothing works.

In the process of doing the S OFF I booted a small OS from my flash(this was supposed to do the S OFF) but it's not seeing my phone.

Please help me out

Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by Norman4real(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
It's been over a year since I last saw anyone here post anything related to HTC. Anyway my advice would be for you to just drop the phone and get something better. I see the screen is even cracked.
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by monkvirus(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
Norman4real:
It's been over a year since I last saw anyone here post anything related to HTC. Anyway my advice would be for you to just drop the phone and get something better. I see the screen is even cracked.
Thank you for your advice, I was thinking if it could be fixed, i wanted to give it out to someone whose in dire need of a smartphone,
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by hyuga(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2020
Try entering the stock recovery mode and format the phone then try using the adb command for the s-off again. I think formatting should reset the fastboot switch
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by holysaint1(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2020
bro... Firstly. Check if the vol down button is being pressed down unknowingly...

2ndly, if problem still persists, Just find a way to unlock the bootloader. Cus i unlocked mine (htc m8) without changing it to s-off

3rdly after ulocking the bootloader, then follow the first reply under the original post.

Most especially, go through xda forums for more info.

1 Like

Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by monkvirus(m): 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
hyuga:
Try entering the stock recovery mode and format the phone then try using the adb command for the s-off again. I think formatting should reset the fastboot switch

The thing is that once I charge the phone, it just powers on and straight to that menu I posted earlier, and the only thing that works on the menu shown are the reboot and power down options, every other menu does not respond and even if I plug it to my laptop it doesn't show if anything was plugged to my laptop.
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by monkvirus(m): 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
holysaint1:
bro... Firstly. Check if the vol down button is being pressed down unknowingly...

2ndly, if problem still persists, Just find a way to unlock the bootloader. Cus i unlocked mine (htc m8) without changing it to s-off

3rdly after ulocking the bootloader, then follow the first reply under the original post.

Most especially, go through xda forums for more info.

I have confirmed that those buttons are not pressing them selves
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by holysaint1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
monkvirus:

The thing is that once I charge the phone, it just powers on and straight to that menu I posted earlier, and the only thing that works on the menu shown are the reboot and power down options, every other menu does not respond and even if I plug it to my laptop it doesn't show if anything was plugged to my laptop.

it wouldnt show cause you havent activated the adb to show from the settings.

Try scanning through xda forums for more resolve to ur issue... Would have assisted more but am presently bearing a cross of my own..
Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by hyuga(m): 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2020
So stock recovery is gone too. Read THROUGH XDA forum and I'm sure you'll find clues or just forget the device. HTC has a lot of developers there so you might get something

monkvirus:

Re: Help With My HTC Desire 728 Dual Sim by monkvirus(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2020
Thank you all for your contributions, I'm really grateful, I later decided to discard the phone since all suggestions and materials I could get on the web were not helping me. I'll have to get the person another phone.

(1) (Reply)

Will Like To Swap My Recently Bought Nokia 5.3 For Samsung / Unbeatable UK Used Iphone Prices / Infinix Hot 10i Review - Mediatek Helio P65 Variant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.