Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Poor Living Conditions (lagos) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Poor Living Conditions (lagos) (222 Views)

Using Medical Marijuana To Treat Different Conditions / Life Sense. Poor Vs Rich / The Poor Village Hunter 2 (regina Daniels) – Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Living Conditions (lagos) by OgiPrincess: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
I understand that there are poor housing conditions all over the world. But I'm going to be focusing my discuss and questions on Lagos State Nigeria poor housing/living conditions.

I also understand that there are levels to how various people perceive a living condition. What one person might deem below their standards is another person's mansion.

But in this case, the type of housing conditions I'm talking about, even the dwellers know it's bad but due to some unavoidable circumstances they have no choice but to put up with those living conditions. Like the kind I recently found myself in because of job proximity.

Some of these shanks are built with either zinc, tarpaulin or wood. Just a few are built with blocks but are very prone to mouldings and leakages. There are no toilets (some have public toilets donated by NGOs) that are also in bad conditions, bathrooms are usually makeshifts. And when it rains, I automatically become depressed

I'm in one of those around Ajah. I honestly fear for my mental health. I'm the customer service personnel at my work place and I'm required to look really good at all times, you would not believe where I live if I showed you. I'm doing everything in my power to leave here as soon I can but are really concerned for the people here who start a family and raise children here. This is life for them! It makes me so sad for them.

Please share tips on survival tips for living in Lagos slums for those who have "blow" now.

I'm open to paying monthly rent for a decent apartment if anyone is kind enough. And I'm also open to squatting.

Re: Poor Living Conditions (lagos) by nwaanambra1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
pictures speaks a thousand words.

you may be changing that environment by showing us some pictures of the place.

Nairalander comprise of the very rich, the rich, those in power, those in positions of importance and of course lots of people running NGOs that may one way or the other upgrade the life of the people there.

JUST SHOW US SOME PICTURES - REAL PICTURES OF THE PLACE NOT GOOGLE IMAGES.
Re: Poor Living Conditions (lagos) by OgiPrincess: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
nwaanambra1:
pictures speaks a thousand words.

you may be changing that environment by showing us some pictures of the place.

Nairalander comprise of the very rich, the rich, those in power, those in positions of importance and of course lots of people running NGOs that may one way or the other upgrade the life of the people there.

JUST SHOW US SOME PICTURES - REAL PICTURES OF THE PLACE NOT GOOGLE IMAGES.

Re: Poor Living Conditions (lagos) by longetivity(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
God will help us in this country o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Movie: Lion Prince (2020) (parts 1 – 6) / NEW HOTEL IN TOWN..(WESTPARK HOTELS) / Participating In The Nigerian Stock Market From Abroad Has Never Been Easier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.