Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,174 members, 7,864,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

Why You Should Take Your Sleep Seriously - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Should Take Your Sleep Seriously (538 Views)

Does Sleeping Posture Affect Your Sleep And Health? / My Wife's 22yrs Old Niece Is Seriously Tempting Me . (she Like's Being Nude) / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Take Your Sleep Seriously by Y4all: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
Does getting an adequate amount of sleep make you an unserious person? Find out from this article why you should take your sleep seriously. Sleep as we all know is a vital part of our well-being.

Although, we live in this part of the society where people think that successful people don’t sleep at all. Well, don’t forget that it takes one who is healthy and in a good state of mind to be creative and productive. Don’t be deceived about successful people never sleeping, they may stay up late but they sure find time to strike the balance. Unfortunately, most people don’t realize how important sleep is, but then, it is a very important aspect of life; you need to find time for quality sleep to maintain good health.

Depriving yourself of quality sleep has negative consequences, you can find them here. Quickly, let us consider some of the reasons you need to take your sleep seriously.

It is for your good
Whatever you take seriously, you do so because you know it is for your good. In case you don’t feel this way about getting quality sleep, then it’s time to change that mindset. You certainly can have a good sleep life and still be successful at whatever you do. All you need is your ability to prioritize activities as well as drawing a balance to help you stay well-adjusted.

You are a better judge of yourself if you want to really be honest. You alone can tell when you are sleeping too much and when you aren’t getting adequate rest. Sleeping excessively can be as a result of health-related issues. In some cases, it is a result of laziness. On the other hand, sleep is a necessity, you need to know when to tell yourself the truth and adjust adequately.

Taking your sleep seriously would improve your brain, productivity, and your general wellbeing. Consequently, not getting it right when it comes to your sleep life can have a negative toll on you and other aspects of your life.

Improved productivity
If you don’t take your sleep seriously, you would continue to be less productive and keep wondering where you are not getting it right. Your results depend on your brain. If your brain is stressed, it would deliver less results. Simply put, you need quality sleep for you to think well and function maximally. Still on this, Mental Health Foundation has said that “we can process information, consolidate memories, and undergo a number of maintenance processes that help us function during the daytime. We all need to make sure we get the right amount of sleep and enough good quality sleep.”

Improved wellbeing
Here, we refer to your physical and mental wellness. Sleep has a way of telling greatly on this aspect of our health. When we get enough sleep, you help your brain recuperate for improved mental health as well as help your physical being replenish, this results in repairs and stabilizing of the entire body system. You need to come to terms with the fact that sleep can impact your health, and until you catch a good amount of sleep, you may not feel so perfect in your health. Do not wait until your health breakdown, sleep well today, and maintain a healthy life.

Improved Lifestyle
The way you live matters and can be improved when you take your sleep seriously. What does this mean? The decisions we make daily affect our lives, therefore, we need to be in the right state to make the right decisions for a beautiful lifestyle, one that is not overly clouded with confusion and panic. A lack of sleep will tell on your career, education, and even relationship with others. Therefore, do all you can to take your sleep seriously to keep you sane.

Over time, people have died untimely as a result of accidents that could have been averted if they had slept well over the night or boarded a cab instead of driving when they are not stable. You can improve your lifestyle and avoid contingencies so long you take your sleep seriously.

Take your sleep seriously and enjoy the expensive benefits you stand to gain. Your health, wealth, and whole life depends on you and your lifestyle. To keep moving, do things right, take your sleep seriously, and strike the balance where necessary.
Source: https://www.wincofoam.com/why-you-should-take-your-sleep-seriously-winco-sleep-clinic/

Re: Why You Should Take Your Sleep Seriously by IamSalt: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
I do wetin good for my body. I know dey follow all these "do that", "do this".
Re: Why You Should Take Your Sleep Seriously by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
This is true.

I'm presently bearing the brunt of inadequate sleep as there's this friend of mine that made me stay up late a few days ago cos we are not in the same time zone. So we'll gist till it's 3, 4am Nigerian time. And then when its daybreak here, we would continue by then its midnight over there. So, I never really get to make up for the lost hours during the day. He also sacrifices his sleep to keep up but it is telling on me seriously, causing me severe tension headache and burning sensation around my eye area. when i complained to a doc, the first thing he mentioned was not getting enough sleep. so, i had to put a stop to the early morning calls. I know he's not happy but my health first. Hope he understands.

Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Take Your Sleep Seriously by abilolakemmy(f): 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hi
For improved sleep, I recommend SLEEPTRIM.
Order yours today
Send me a DM
https:///2348101109455

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sad! Building Collapses In Owerri With Woman And Two Kids Inside (photos, Video) / Family Please Patronise Me / Does A Man Needs His Wife Approval To Allow His Siblings To Live With Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.