Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities (11229 Views)

More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / COVID-19: Chinese Doctors To Arrive Nigeria Today, To Spend One Month / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Caleb17: 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
Are they the only ones rendering essential service to humanity. Why are they always making noise? If I am the state governor,
I will give them the babatunde fashola treatment. I don't like what I hate
miky:

When next you get sick make sure you do not go to these selfish set of people!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Picardor2: 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
OBku4:
Come!
These people.... the only thing they know how to do is protest
cos the government only knws hw not to pay them. Get things straight

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
but why police no dey go strike ? whereas they are most coursed and poor government employees...

none of them even leave in a complete 3bedroom flat not to talk of having good life, always carrying long guns up and down looking for whom to devour.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Picardor2: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Judolisco:
9ja bad but seriously dis doctors r very selfish... They earn more than everyone else
shut up if u have nothing to say. Politicians don't earn money. No use ur head well before u talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
Everyday one sentence..
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by speaktokingfemi: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
This Country has failed already

Meanwhile order your logo at an affordable price now

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Picardor2: 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
They are never fighting for better facilities but pay. I wonder why they would concern themselves with how much Federal employed doctors earn. Why not protest that private doctors should be well paid?

A solution in my opinion although not the best is to relief them of their jobs. This would help them understand that while they could agitate for a better pay, it should be because they have a justification and not comparing with others since they are not withheld from applying for federal roles.

This is one of the entitlement mentality we suffer.
My brother na ur grandfather will come treat u in the hospital. My brother u will be a dead animal by tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by gboyetade: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
Politicians don't protest to get their largess.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by gboyetade: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ignorant man. State here refers to government. Both federal and state as in Head of state/ government

GboyegaD:
They are never fighting for better facilities but pay. I wonder why they would concern themselves with how much Federal employed doctors earn. Why not protest that private doctors should be well paid?

A solution in my opinion although not the best is to relief them of their jobs. This would help them understand that while they could agitate for a better pay, it should be because they have a justification and not comparing with others since they are not withheld from applying for federal roles.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by verlmoon: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
if these ones are complaining I wonder what the Army and police who are payed by the federal government but go home with peanuts should do even though they're used as sacrificial lambs. they didn't know the price of petrol has been hiked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Judolisco(m): 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
Picardor2:
shut up if u have nothing to say. Politicians don't earn money. No use ur head well before u talk
I knw one idiot will quote me until u lose a family member before you knw dis medical doctors only care about themselves
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Misterdhee1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Sabadon:
guy u dey yarn opata, u hv never been faced with the hazards associated with medicine if not you ll know that doctors re underpaid in this part of the world. imagine hazard allowance of 5k which wont even be enough for a PEP,yet they re faced with needle stick injury and exposure to all sort of diseases, not to mention the "call duties" that separates them from their loved ones and missing out in important family celebrations all because they cant leave their post of duty, no let me vex for you o
They are underpaid. They underpaid to study medicine too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by gboyetade: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
They once did during Obasanjo's first time. This made council of state passed vote of no confidence on the inspector general of police and hence he was sacked.

NwaIgboBoy:
but why police no dey go strike ? whereas they are most coursed and poor government employees...

none of them even leave in a complete 3bedroom flat not to talk of having good life, always carrying long guns up and down looking for whom to devour.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Farki: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
Caleb17:
Nigerian Doctors are very selfish set of people... Always feeling entitled... Rubbish

It's like you haven't worked a day in Lagos General Hospital, the place is a complete mess.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Caleb17:
Nigerian Doctors are very selfish set of people... Always feeling entitled... Rubbish

Until you loose a medic family member because of the hazards of their jobs you won't appreciate what they do daily

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by DrWhizy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Caleb17:
Wow! Just wow!

It is well. �
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Soki234: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
Judolisco:
9ja bad but seriously dis doctors r very selfish... They earn more than everyone else

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by ogahope(m): 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
Greedy people every were.
Always seeking for personal interest at the detriment of the Nigerian entity. No one has ever gone on strike over the dilapidating state of our hospitals but only seeking for pay rise all the time. Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by osejie17(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
This useless Government. do not value the doctors we have. they prefer burning thousands of dollars getting their treatment abroad. God will continue to help us
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by ukaface(f): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
I think nurses need to protest too,the pay too isn't encouraging compared to the workload and stupid insults patient's relatives give to them.

But at the end , nothing will come out of the protest.stupid country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Soki234: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
ogahope:
Greedy people every were.
Always seeking for personal interest at the detriment of the Nigerian entity. No one has ever gone on strike over the dilapidating state of our hospitals but only seeking for pay rise all the time. Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by shoboy9: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Judolisco:
that's quite ignorant. Go to any banker and ask. Yes they may get more than carpenters and teachers, but sadly not much else. But lets be real how much will you yourself take to go and face coro?
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Judolisco(m): 9:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
shoboy9:

that's quite ignorant. Go to any banker and ask. Yes they may get more than carpenters and teachers, but sadly not much else. But lets be real how much will you yourself take to go and face coro?
I said Nigeria is bad....medical Doctors earn more than everyone else I knw what m saying... They will still strike again even if their demands are met... Nobody is treated fairly in dis country.. But doctors own are jst 2 much... Last 2 years I lost a blood sister because of one of dis useless strikes.. So m not ignorant I knw what what m talking about

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by GboyegaD(m): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Picardor2:
My brother na ur grandfather will come treat u in the hospital. My brother u will be a dead animal by tomorrow

Na today dem begin strike? You no read people wey die some weeks ago because of warning strike?
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by GboyegaD(m): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gideon16:

wow. this is interesting. when doctor protest, the solution is to relief them of their job

What is the essence of the strike? If they think Federal pays better, they should seek employment with the Federal? Must they work for the state?
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by passiveincome01: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by MoIbrahim: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
GboyegaD:

Please stay informed. Nigeria spends money to train doctors, but is losing them to countries that value them more, including Ghana. Pls stay informed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Mistakemaker: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Caleb17:
Are they the only ones rendering essential service to humanity. Why are they always making noise? If I am the state governor,
I will give them the babatunde fashola treatment. I don't like what I hate
I can see jealousy and inferiority complex is eating u up.. Maybe u don't have a Dr in your family cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by GboyegaD(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Please stay informed. Nigeria spends money to train doctors, but is losing them to countries that value them more, including Ghana. Pls stay informed.

Are we discussing the same issue? The reason for this strike is comparing Federal pay to State pay which makes your position entirely different.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by Dextre(m): 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
GboyegaD:

If you don't have foolishness adherent to your genetic make-up,I would have said can't you read where they wrote adequate facilities written there. You carry your joblessness dey wish am for another person,you go tey for there,foolish nigerian as usual

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Protest Over Pay Rise, Better Welfare & Adequate Facilities by frog12: 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
they earn ok amount. its greed. they want to have servants and everything available to advanced countries. when the strike starts, they will call all parents to come take their children and relatives from the hospitals. that's how bad these can become. you can never satisfy some people.

shoboy9:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Signs & Symptoms Of Blocked Fallopian Tubes? / Resident Doctors Suspend Indefinite Strike, to resume tomorrow / About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.