Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Best Nigerian Comedies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best Nigerian Comedies? (13130 Views)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? / Who Is The Best Nigerian Movie Actor/actress / Best Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Comedies? by whizkid(f): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2005
I don't really fancy Nigerian comedies, the actors and actresses try their best to make us laugh but I am usually not amused. As a matter of fact, papa Ajasco and company only makes me mad, 'Fuji House of comotion', yeah they try!. But I remember very well, in the olden days there was 'Sura the tailor' 'Ojo ladipo theatre group', 'Jaguar' 'Oga Bello,papiluwe and co' 'second chance'. Those were rib breaking comedies. I don't know what is happening now, are people no longer creative?

American Comedies, I definitely enjoy anytime, comedies like 'Friends', 'Dharma and Greg,' 'Martins',' Malcom in the middle', 'Living Single', I could go on and on and on.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Seun(m): 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2005
'Fuji House of Commotion' is definitely the best Nigerian comedy! It's the only Nigerian comedy I will actually sit down to watch. I think the fact that there are so many people on the cast contributes to the comic effect.

Trish, it is possible that those "comedies of days gone by" are not as funny as you remember them to be.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by diakim(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2005
Fuji House of Commotion is definitely a good comedy. I make sure I watch every Sunday evening if I am at home.

There was one comedy that wasn't funny at all. Thanks God they have stopped it. That is 'Laugh Pattern'. Those guys acting it were anything but funny.

I am yet to find any comedy program that I can rate as really good. Maybe with a little more creativity, their performance will improve.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Ra(f): 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2005
Some Nigerian comedies are really hilarious and have me in stitches most times. Others are simply appalling. Actors and actresses trying too hard and ending up looking stupid. Fuji House of Commotion is really nice and I watch it any time I can. Home videos are also really nice. I'm amazed time and again at how fast we've advanced in the movie industry. People like Baba Suwe, Osofia, Dejo, Elesho and another albino guy with loads of freckles (I don't know his name) are so terribly funny.

Just like Seun said, if one was to get films or plays by Papiluwe, Jacob (bless his soul), Aluwe and the rest of them, what seemed funny in their days is almost annoying now. It's like watching Efe with Baba Ijesha in it again now, it's really stupid.

In any event, I love Nigerian comedies and I think those guys I mentioned above are exceptionally funny and what makes it better is the fact that they are so natural.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by delarontus(f): 8:32am On Apr 15, 2005
Fuji House of Commoton is one sure comedy. The other comedians we have prefer to act movies or stand-up comedy than to do short plays. Baba Suwe is my favourite anyday. Look out for Madam Princess, she is very good.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by diakim(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2005
If comedians like Baba Suwe, Lati, Osofia, Ajirebi, 'the albino guy with freckles' (grin) all team together, I believe they will produce a very good and hilarious comedy.

These guys are naturally funny. Much unlike the others who are trying to be gentlemen and at the same time funny. Comedy does't work that way. These is no class in comedy.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by gina34(f): 7:05pm On May 09, 2005
When it comes to Nigerian comedies I think 'Fuji House of Commotion' is the bomb, and I try as much as possible to watch it every Sunday. 'Papa Ajasco' is ok too, and there is this new one they call 'Face to Face'. It's ok too.
grin

''Dharma and Greg' is cool. [I]ed: an american comedy[/I]
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by olaide07(f): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2005
What we have are bunch of clowns and not comedians.They make fool of themselves and espect you to laugh at their funny ways .Even though we get few of them who are real comedians who make good comedy.Ihate BabaSuwe,he made me sick
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Latoya(f): 3:30am On Jul 27, 2005
Hey,
Nigerian Movies that r suppose to be funny aint funny at all.i find them annoying.They all try to be funny.
Can you compare western movies(comedy) with ours we r way back
But all the same more effort  rolleyes
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Chxta(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2005
I find the modern version of Papa Ajasco very boring. But let's give credit to whom credit's due, when I watched Osuofia in London I cried with laughter for the first time in a really long time. That dude is funny, which is the reason I am not going to watch part 2.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Latoya(f): 2:47am On Jul 28, 2005
osuofia in london part 1 is very boring and annoying.
but part2 is alright.
i find Nkem Owoh irritating and not funny
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by hotangel2(f): 3:20am On Jul 28, 2005
Latoya.. u don't know funny. Osoufia in london cracked my ass up. I remeber farting while watching. haha.

Anyways some nigerian stuffs r funny. baba suwe is, that afin guy is. and uhmm some people r .
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Latoya(f): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2005
Hey Hot Angel,if u think u know what funny is then tell me miss.
what u consider funny isnt what i consider funny ok?we r different.
I repeat OSUOFIA IN LONDON is not funny to me.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by hotangel2(f): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2005
Slow down ma....we r just ordinary people. I am sorry if i got the "YOU" in "you" outta "YOU".
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Saintjoe(m): 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2005
I like Nigerian comedies its gr8!!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by nike4luv(f): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2005
some comedies are funny but most of the ones that are meant to be funny aint
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Saintjoe(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2005
@nike4luv u are right!
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by nike4luv(f): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2005
oh, i didnt kno i was rolleyes
does any1 watch papa ajasco..its shyt but my sis likes it, its meant to make pple crack up but nuh uh
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by IAH(f): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2005
I don't like Baba Suwe and his wife, Moladun Kenkelewu. rolleyes
The albino guy, Afin Elesho is the one that cracks me up...and he doesn't have to paint his face with charcoal and look ridiculous to make me laugh. cool
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by nike4luv(f): 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2005
babsuwe is still alright and afin..

at least won mo ibi ti ebu ti ma ba eyan
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Saintjoe(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2005
yes baba suwe is good and papa ajsco too.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by fataiiyo(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2005
gr8 to baba suwe and also baba Latin i give gbosa to both of them........ cool
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Saintjoe(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2005
Who is Baba lantin.......................... I dun know him.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Oracle(m): 1:47am On Oct 18, 2005
well comedies are there to make u laugh and i believe nigerians are trying
well there are some comedies that arent funny at all.
but they are really puting in their best
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Seun(m): 11:00pm On Nov 02, 2005
Hmm ... even after several months, 'Fuji House of Commotion' remains the one and only worthy Nigerian comedy. or is there any new contender for the crown?
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Saintjoe(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2006
And also Papa Ajasco[b][/b]
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by bagoma(f): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2006
I remember basi and company in the 80's written by the late ken saro wiwa (i think a lot of folks here wont remember this). but that was a very good commedy show.

now papa ajasco isn't funny at all to me, i'd say rather silly.
fuji house of commotion still remains the only commedy show thats good and worthy of my time!
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Saintjoe(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2006
@bagoma Paja Ajasco is funny and not silly, but i agree with you that Fuji house is more funny than Papa Ajasco, wink
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by camara(f): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2006
i don't bother watchin nigerian comedies cuz instead of makin me laugh,they just end up annoyin me
but the guys on nights of a thousand laughs r good.i'll watch that any day any time.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by ababoy1(m): 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2006
Bagoma, I remember Basi & Co.

The one thing I find really satisfying about Nigerian comedians is that fact that they are mostly original. None of the fake ‘yankee’ accents that some of the so-called Nigeria Hip-Hop stars (and some movies ‘stars’) so poorly carry with them. Just makes me cringe.

I find the few comedy shows that I have seen so refreshing and as good as anything out there.
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by maki(f): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2006
ikebe super featuring
dawda, pepeye and the rest of them

Boy! then my elder brother will beat the hell out of me
if he sees that magazine with me
Re: Best Nigerian Comedies? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2006
Oh My! So is Fuji House of Commotion still on ? ! Geez!! I miss it! IT's so hilarious! And P. A( Papa Ajasco) of course!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Between': Stella Damasus Premieres Her New Film At The Odeon Cinema / Who Is The Strongest Superhero Of All Time? / Where Can I Download Prison Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.