Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu (741 Views)

Rivers Rep Member, Chinyere Igwe Arrested With $500,000 And "Sharing Formula" / Nine Bandits Die In Kaduna During Fight Over Ransom Sharing Formula / Two Pastors’ Wives Fight Dirty Over Politicians’ Bags Of Rice Sharing Formula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by NwaNimo1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
The National Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, on Saturday called for the review of the nation’s revenue sharing formula.

Tinubu, who made the call while inaugurating the Ondo State Revenue House in Akure, described the present revenue sharing formula in Nigeria as awkward.

He commended the Ondo State governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, for striving to improve the state’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).

The APC chieftain challenged the governors of the six states in the South West to harness the huge potentials in their various states in order to solve the challenges in the region.

Tinubu said: “You can equally use the synergy with the Odua investment to collaborate not only on Amotekun syndrome.

“If everybody is engaged Amotekun will be a pet. If you work with Odua Investment look at the area of collaboration. I know Ondo has a great potential in gas, energy, and tourism to feed this country.

“If the fiscal element of the Nigerian economy is strictly well supervised, we can turn our population into prosperity instead of our liability.”

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/nigerias-revenue-sharing-formula-awkward-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by Simplyleo: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
I agree with Tinubu 100%.

The sharing formula is just too awkward and lacks logic, purpose and goal.

Imagine, a region with 5 states, less population, 29km2 land mass getting more than 5 times of a state with land mass of 76km2 and huge population. angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by NwaNimo1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
Tinubu and his love for money!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by NwaNimo1(m): 11:59am On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

Imagine, a region with 5 states, less population, 29km2 land mass getting more than 5 times of a state with land mass of 76km2 and huge population. angry

sad
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by helinues: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Then tell your party to restructure the damn country... undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by November1857(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

Tropical Aboki with a lazy mind !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
Following...

As Tinubu continues to slam Amotekun...

It's now he knows the sharing formula is awkward. After abandoning his restructuring mantra, he wants to start another story.

I don't believe in one Nigeria - Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

You are your own worst enemy. Your post, off point!
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by Simplyleo: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
November1857:
Tropical Aboki with a lazy mind !
Join my followers list so you wont miss any of my posts. wink
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by Hellraiser77: 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
This man had to be the Most Self serving politician to ever live

He has once again slammed Amotekun that was instituted to save his people from the herdsmen menace....This man is Anti-yoruba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by Simplyleo: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
frankyychiji:
You are your own worst enemy. Your post, off point!
You should have ignored the "off point" post and make your "on point" comment. How difficult could this have been?
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

You should have ignored the "off point" post and make your "on point" comment. How difficult could this have been?
I do not have the time to help a lost soul.
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by Simplyleo: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
frankyychiji:
I do not have the time to help a lost soul.
Okay, you may now stop jumping into my mention. Use your time wisely.
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
you mean it?
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

So money should be shared by landmass now? That's a stupid idea. Land is a factor of economics and should associated with higher output instead of using it to diplomatically beg.
If you give two farmers, A & B piece of land, with A getting double of B, then it makes sense to expect double of B's return from A, Though A needs double of B's input.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hellraiser77:
This man had to be the Most Self serving politician to ever live

He has once again slammed Amotekun that was instituted to save his people from the herdsmen menace....This man is Anti-yoruba
Tinubu is Lord unto himself!
Amotekun will become a pet he says, if the governors in the area can grow the economy of the region by collaboration
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

Okay, you may now stop jumping into my mention. Use your time wisely.
Advise highly appreciated.
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by Simplyleo: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
frankyychiji:
Advise Advice highly appreciated.
On the final note, work on your Use of English.

Bye.
Re: Nigeria’s Revenue Sharing Formula Awkward —Tinubu by frankyychiji(f): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

On the final note, work on your Use of English.

Bye.
Advice highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

#EndSARS Protests: Anxiety Grows Over Buhari’s Direction / Judas Goat Kanu Has Delivered Oyigbo To The Jihadists / Ibrahim Bako Was Killed In The Process Of Arresting Shehu Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.