Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report (20027 Views)

Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion / Emmanuel Omale: N573m Was Wrongly Posted To Magu’s Pastor Account - ADAM Nuru / Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by rexlims(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2020
This is what u get when u have graduates of Islamic studies or P.E becoming MDs of banks.
As a banker, I can tell u that d MD, d pastor and d bank are all telling lies.
For 4 years not 4 days or 4 months, neither d church nor d bank saw a transaction of 500+ million done in error.
Well I only pity d poor customers that have deposits in that stew.....piss bank.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Basher8583: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2020
GodsOwnFav:
This article is not clear on why the allegation is false. Is he saying the money didn't hit the account or is that the money was never used to procure the said property for magu. And how on earth can a whopping over 500m be transferred in error, that to me is absurd!

Did you see receipt of house purchased in Dubai?
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by eazymoni: 9:37am On Sep 06, 2020
Mercisharelove:
Is magu a Christian?
its only the Masses that do this Christian-moslem things, those guys at the top only do money.
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Miracle1991: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Please I want to sue fcmb also, they stole my 47000 naira, I called their headquarters to complain but they denied it. After like 8 months they now reversed the money back to me without an apology or interest.
Please I need the service of a good lawyer.
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Onyebda(m): 10:25am On Sep 06, 2020
SimpKING:
Simplified

Next time they should investigate before accusing falsely..

By the way.

Only God knows the truth
aswear

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by abuhari: 10:28am On Sep 06, 2020
credited by mistakes, but church keep quite for good 4 years. So now who's real thief?
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by loffers(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2020
Miracle1991:
Please I want to sue fcmb also, they stole my 47000 naira, I called their headquarters to complain but they denied it. After like 8 months they now reversed the money back to me without an apology or interest.
Please I need the service of a good lawyer.

You have a case
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by loffers(m): 10:46am On Sep 06, 2020
abuhari:
credited by mistakes, but church keep quite for good 4 years. So now who's real thief?
If you credit my account in error and i spend the money, i've not done anything wrong.
if you draw my attention to it that my account was credited in error and i agreed to refund you then the case is closed.
My inability to refund you after confirming and showing evidence that my account was wrongly credited is an offence.

Back to the story,
church account was credited in error and the Bank did not complain for 4years (Church has not done anything wrong, it could be a donation from an anonymous member of the church)
The Bank filed a suspicious transaction report to NFIU for an error committed by them.
The STR report filed about 4years ago is been used against Magu.
Magu denied the accusation, the church also denied the accusaiton.
The Bank MD admitted the credit was an error and the STR report filed against the church was an error.

The Church has every right to sue the Bank and Magu has every right to sue the Bank also

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by kayusely70(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2020
GodsOwnFav:
This article is not clear on why the allegation is false. Is he saying the money didn't hit the account or is that the money was never used to procure the said property for magu. And how on earth can a whopping over 500m be transferred in error, that to me is absurd!
Thats My Thinking Too. The Error Wasnt Discovered By The Bank For Four Years! It Sounds Ridiculous!
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2020
Mr Omale did you have 570m in your account, show us your bank statement.
CAMA 2 is a good thing, no more hiding .
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Eketem: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2020
Zetty177x:

Most comments I read here don't seem to get d gist..but u are in order....for me, my Summary:

The money hit the account from what the church said. the church said, they didn't know until 4 years. To Me, that the biggest lie on Earth. So no one checks the balance of the church account on a monthly or yearly basis. The only way I will believe the church is if the money is still in tact.. if the money was spent, then the Bank or Magu should counter claim against the church or sue for #10billion as damages.

The law is once any amount exceeds a certain threshold, then you need to report it. Financial institutions are required to report all cash transactions in any currency above a threshold of N5 million for individual and N10 million for corporate bodies to the CBN and NFIU.

Once it exceeds these amounts, it becomes suspicious! I wonder what d Church is suing for.

To me, if they spent a dime from that #500million,they are very guilty...

FCMB should get a good lawyer be and trash the church. He can join CBN and NFIU as parties

It was an accounting software error. The money didn't relect in the church account, the pastor didnt have access to the money or have any idea it existed till this drama started .

The money never actually entered the church account it was just reflecting by software error
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by EVERCUTE(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2020
I don't know what they think we are, a fool abi? Of all the customers FCMB has they couldn't pay wrongly into anybody else's account but yours who is the 'spiritual guide' to the accused. You can say that to the swine, with your yeye lawsuit.
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by EVERCUTE(m): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2020
Eketem:

It was an accounting software error. The money didn't relect in the church account, the pastor didnt have access to the money or have any idea it existed till this drama started .

The money never actually entered the church account it was just reflecting by software error

Well done! FCMB PRO. undecided
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by SimpKING: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2020
post=93622758:
Lol cheesy We no be Boss o! We are simply WE!
Just say Yes dem MANNA!
Naso bro.
Everywhere good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by SimpKING: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2020
Onyebda:
aswear
Naso oh
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Ade3131: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
JayEntaur:

Apparently, the money was wrongly credited to the bank account by FCMB and they didn't realize their mistake for over four years.

"Omale said the Salami panel in the course of its hearing also invited the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of FCMB, Adam Nuru, who appeared before the committee and testified.

“That Mr. Adam Nuru in his testimony informed the Presidential Investigation Committee that the said N573M was credited to the bank account of the 1st claimant (church) in error and that the error was not discovered by the defendant for over four years,” the cleric said".

I was scrolling down to see if anyone spotted the above quote and boom! You saw it.

Bank erroneously credited such amount and the money sat in the account for 4 years!

At this point, I wish am a staff of EFCC.

In other news, the church said they spent over 180 million to press charges against the bank! That is ridiculous. Where on earth did they pay the money. It's high time we start telling ourselves the truth in this country.... Everybody na thief joor!
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Ade3131: 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
JayEntaur:

Apparently, the money was wrongly credited to the bank account by FCMB and they didn't realize their mistake for over four years.

"Omale said the Salami panel in the course of its hearing also invited the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of FCMB, Adam Nuru, who appeared before the committee and testified.

“That Mr. Adam Nuru in his testimony informed the Presidential Investigation Committee that the said N573M was credited to the bank account of the 1st claimant (church) in error and that the error was not discovered by the defendant for over four years,” the cleric said".

I was scrolling down to see if anyone spotted the above quote and boom! You saw it.

Bank erroneously credited such amount and the money sat in the account for 4 years!

At this point, I wish am a staff of EFCC.

In other news, the church said they spent over 180 million to press charges against the bank! That is ridiculous. Where on earth did they pay the money. It's high time we start telling ourselves the truth in this country.... Everybody na thief joor!

Beyond receipt of payment, I'm interested in sighting the evidence of transfer bcuz I don't expect such funds to be paid in cash to the law firm
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Zetty177x: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
Eketem:

Na wa o. What kind of accounting software error is that? I fear this country o..are u sure of what u are saying? I have never heard of this. I don't even know what to say
Re: Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report by Eketem: 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
Zetty177x:

Na wa o. What kind of accounting software error is that? I fear this country o..are u sure of what u are saying? I have never heard of this. I don't even know what to say

Yes the bank confirmed this at the hearing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Immigration Re-Opens Seme, Illela, Maigatari & Mfum Land Borders / Okorocha: I Don't Receive Salary, Don’t Know How Much Senators Earn / Buhari Is Number One Enemy 0f Yoruba People – Minister Of State For Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.