Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers (19219 Views)

El-Rufai Dares NLC To Return To Kaduna For Protest / ENDSARS: Turkish Authorities Deny Nigerians Permission For Protest / 'Revolution Now' Organizers Release 'Rules Of Engagement' For Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Blackking98(m): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2020
Kinematics:

It's not a matter of turning the place upside down. We are only in deep regret that we brought this calamity into power.

I just hope in the next election Rivers people will see that it's not about the party, but the person. Wike has failed and I'm not afraid to say it.
Well I hope God touches his heart to change for the better very soon. We all need governance and I'm sure my Calabar/Akwa Ibom people living in Rivers are also feeling the heat of bad governance.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by sonyad: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2020
Obynolee:

NLC and TUC as a body have failed woefully and in my thinking have no moral right to do what they're planning to do in Rivers, what Buhari/APC have done to Nigerians is nothing to compare with what allegedly Wike did/doing, do you hear the same National body saying anything?. Is Rivers the only state that are owing pensioners or yet to implement the minimum wage,why are they not striking/threatening strike in other States?, maybe because Rivers is a state of interest.

How many other states claiming no money are gifting houses and SUVs to people. Those not interested in the houses have an option to take 150m in lieu.
U can't claim no money to pay for basic things and at the same time dashing out money, houses and SUVs like Santa claus.

Let's reason normally pls, if u re d one being owed gratuity or your parents, how would u feel to hear that the same govt telling u or ur parents to continue to manage from hand to mouth cos there's no money to pay is doing free give aways?

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Kinematics: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2020
Blackking98:

Well I hope God touches his heart to change for the better very soon. We all need governance and I'm sure my Calabar/Akwa Ibom people living in Rivers are also feeling the heat of bad governance.

I dont think they are because they are docile people and dont involve themselves in politics. They are more into the private sector than the public sector. Even if they are feeling it they dont necessarily understand the dynamics of it. Only true Rivers person will tell you how things are.

Under Wike's government it has been terrible. The only thing he has done so far is roads. Na road we go chop?
We in Rivers prefer human development.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Kinematics: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2020
sonyad:

How many other states claiming money are gifting houses and SUVs to people. Those not interested in the houses have an option to take 150m in lieu.
U can't claim no money to pay for basic things and at the same time dashing out money, houses and SUVs like Santa claus.

Let's reason normally pls, if u re d one being owed gratuity or your parents, how would u feel to hear that the same govt telling u or ur parents to continue to manage from hand to mouth cos there's no money to pay is doing free give aways?

Thank you.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by TONIOI: 10:13am On Sep 06, 2020
The strike is not suppose to be implemented only in reverse state , dis is a dead country , fuel price just went up, electricity price is dancing azonto upwards , main while pipo are just recovering from dis pandemic and u focus only on rivers state , are u for real ? Is that we love suffering and smiling in dis country like the legend fela said or will I call dis one cowardice , isiorite sit down look na dog name
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Blackking98(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2020
Kinematics:

I dont think they are because they are docile people and dont involve themselves in politics. They are more into the private sector than the public sector. Even if they are feeling it they dont necessarily understand the dynamics of it. Only true Rivers person will tell you how things are.

Under Wike's government it has been terrible. The only thing he has done so far is roads. Na road we go chop?
We in Rivers prefer human development.
Lol ofcourse they won't involve themselves, we don't have any sister tribe so we don't have leverage, here in cross river we are fully involved because of efiks so we can easily claim being Efik and get involved. We're anything but docile trust me bro.
Even the private sector will feel it when the government is doing rubbish broda, just pray God touches his mind to change for the good of rivers State.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Kinematics: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol ofcourse they won't involve themselves, we don't have any sister tribe so we don't have leverage, here in cross river we are fully involved because of efiks so we can easily claim being Efik and get involved. We're anything but docile trust me bro.
Even the private sector will feel it when the government is doing rubbish broda, just pray God touches his mind to change for the good of rivers State.

Wike will never change. We are not expecting any change from him as well. We are only patiently waiting for 2023.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Talkingoil(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/05/brace-up-for-protest-strike-action-nlc-tuc-charges-rivers-workers/

You people have not protested since PMS price went up o. Na wike una wan use do eyeservice
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Miracle1991: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2020
No wonder this idiot is bribing judges left right center. You are not paying minimum wage but you have the guts to buy SUV's and houses for corrupt judges.
Unfortunately, this is the same idiot who is paying thugs kill people in Edo State because he want Obaseki to win an election. Yes, Rivers State deserve what they are getting. When we advise them not to vote the Man with frog voice they refused to hear us.
#wikeisanidiot

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Blackking98(m): 10:45am On Sep 06, 2020
Kinematics:

Wike will never change. We are not expecting any change from him as well. We are only patiently waiting for 2023.
Same here with ayade
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by alizma: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2020
GenSpecifics:
Since 2014, all excos of the NLC have been sponsored by APC.

They did not see the heavy yoke Buhari has placed on the masses in all manner of ungodly taxes, fuel price hike , electric tarrifs, job losses, Chinese concessions that have bought Nigeria's sovereignty, crash of the naira, etc. It is Wike they want to strike.

Wike should apply the no work no pay and use the partial lockdown of govt offices to sack these communist wannabes.

I know that people like you will still blame buhari. So buhari stops Wike from implementing the minimum wage, he also stop him from creating jobs for Rivers indigens right? I guess you need help.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Uchasa(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Kinematics:

No I'm from Sokoto cheesy

Oh sorry I didn't know it was you..
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Kinematics: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Uchasa:

Oh sorry I didn't know it was you..

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 06, 2020
GenSpecifics:

They did not see the heavy yoke Buhari has placed on the masses in all manner of ungodly taxes, fuel price hike , electric tarrifs, job losses, Chinese concessions that have bought Nigeria's sovereignty, crash of the naira, etc. It is Wike they want to strike.

Wike should apply the no work no pay and use the partial lockdown of govt offices to sack these communist wannabes.

Wike's foolishness is independent of Buhari's mediocrity. Both are real life facts.

How does any of that change the reality of Wike mismanaging and spending state money like a personal thing. He bankrolls his pdp faction, gifts cars and houses, while maintaining full control of all cabinet positions. His appointees are figureheads.

And it is a well known truth that he couldnt give a rat's ass about worker's welfare. His tone with NLC over the past couple months has been nothing but rudely magisterial.

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2020
He doesn't have money to pay pensioners but has funds to buy jeeps and build houses for judges and house o reps.

And yet these pensioners are old enough to be your parents.

Does he not send money to his parents.

What sort of people are running our government s set?

So sad.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 06, 2020
Miracle1991:
No wonder this idiot is bribing judges left right center. You are not paying minimum wage but you have the guts to buy SUV's and houses for corrupt judges.
Unfortunately, this is the same idiot who is paying thugs kill people in Edo State because he want Obaseki to win an election. Yes, Rivers State deserve what they are getting. When we advise them not to vote the Man with frog voice they refused to hear us.
#wikeisanidiot

He might just bribe them, if judges can be bought, what hope of justice is there for the common man.?

The legislature and judiciary canned, there is no hope for common man.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Elvictor: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Obynolee:

You're not even a Rivers man,anyone can be anything online, is it not amazing how suddenly you know the meaning of a " wicked government "?,NLC and TUC that's calling for protest in Rivers what have they done on the state of the Nation?, that's why no one takes them serious any more. I know you're only a " brave man" online. Enjoy your day.
what a misguided individual, have you ever see my moniker meddling on other matters that concerns other state?
brave man online? lol. is useless discuss with someone who has been brainwashed and aggrieved
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by dbonks(m): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=AwkaFinest post=93624956]Since Wike came into power, no employment, no promotion, no gratuity paid, no pension paid. Even minimum wage he is not paying. All commissioners are just figureheads that have no say in their various ministries. The clown Wike controls everything from the government house.

You are a liar, my dad is a pensioner in Rivers State, since 2015, he has been receiving his pension, am also a civil servant, wike is not owing us a dime. We are only praying that he gets
to pay the gratuity and implement promotions. And mind you, gratuity was last paid in 2012, in Rivers State.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by AwkaFinest: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=dbonks post=93634690][/quote]

Another Wike ass kisser. Wike started paying pension last year and you know who gets it? Just few, not everyone.

Please say the truth as it is. If he cant pay everybody that deserves the pension then he isn't paying nothing. Talking about you being a civil servant please what's the predicament of civil servants in Rivers state? Even the state secretariat is now a ghost town.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by dbonks(m): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
Miracle1991:
#wikeisanidiot
Since the issue of minimum wage was discussed in Rivers State, I have been getting additional 10000 in my salary, what do we call that?
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by angelicwing: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
Elvictor:

now I can see clearly where the ugly head is rearing from, very pathetic!

if you worship useless governance all in the name of party, you don't expect every sane individual to have such mentality.

Edo no be Rivers and can never be, even Wike knew he will loose if any strong party was contesting against him, that is why he made sure APC didn't field any candidate with the help of the judiciary.

you can keep denying your Ibo origin to score a point, I love it.

The guy is supporting Wike's wickedness because of the latter's support for Godwin Obaseki the wake and sleep governor of Edo state.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Pius247(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
GenSpecifics:

With your type, this country will never move forward. What crimes has those pensioners committed?

What is wrong in serving your country?

I hope you are not doing government work?

Just to remind you that you are not PDP more than I am but we should call a spade a spade.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by Danniedpastor(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
post=93622502:
We and all sane, hardworking and honest Nigerians SAY NO TO FUEL PRICE INCREMENT.

For emphasis sake,

This is not the time to increase fuel price in our darling nation at all.

Not with all that is going on around the world, pandemic et al,
When people are finding it difficult to survive.

This is the same reason we voted out the party of thieves and criminals.

This is not the change we voted for.

The same way we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians praised this government when they reduced fuel price sometimes ago, we should make sure we put our voice together to castigate and talk against this.

Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians,
Let us come together to Say no to this fuel increase,
definitely not at this time and ignore enemies of the country that want the evil politicians they voted for to remain in power together.

Something must be done about this NOW!
God bless Nigeria.

All of us @[/b] will be at the Forefront of the protest this week.
Join us there sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

We Rise

Great.
God bless you dearie.
A better Nigeria is all we want.
[b]Modest
for MANNA.
MANNA for Modest.
Protest, here we come.

Is this your real face?
This is unusual o.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by mrksquare: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
My mum retired 7 years ago and up till date she is yet to be paid her gratuity. I have been working with the state government for over 12 years and not once have I been promoted. Whereas my contemporary at the Federal level are in level 12, I am still on level 8. Wike and Amaechi, two men that have never engaged in paid employment in their life just rendered the once glamourous Rivers State Civil service sterile. Wike is the worst.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by mrksquare: 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
GenSpecifics:

So you are justifying the non promotion of workers for over 12 years; the lack of payment of gratuity of pensioners that have retired for over 8years. And to cap it all the non implementation of the minimum wage as is applicable at the Federal level? Keep supporting evil. Come to our state secretariat the edifice is a shadow of itself. The borehole isn't functional. Workers have to carry aboki water from the ground flow to their offices. Yet the idiot in Brick House wants to renovate and build a 1500 capacity hall for Nigeria law school in Yenegoa.

Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by kgr8mike(m): 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
NLC Leaders should stop making noise because am compiling the list of noise makers in this class.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by autonomous22: 6:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
GenSpecifics:

Wike should apply the no work no pay and use

the partial lockdown of govt offices to sack
these communist wannabes.

If it was ur father they have not paid his pension and gratuity after working for 35yrs.. U won't b here saying all dez..

Plz just Kip kwayet if u don't have anything to say
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by KingGBsky(m): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2020
post=93622502:
We and all sane, hardworking and honest Nigerians SAY NO TO FUEL PRICE INCREMENT.

For emphasis sake,

This is not the time to increase fuel price in our darling nation at all.

Not with all that is going on around the world, pandemic et al,
When people are finding it difficult to survive.

This is the same reason we voted out the party of thieves and criminals.

The same way we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians praised this government when they reduced fuel price sometimes ago, we should make sure we put our voice together to castigate and talk against this.

Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians,
Let us come together to Say no to this fuel increase,
definitely not at this time and ignore enemies of the country that want the evil politicians they voted for to remain in power together.

Something must be done about this NOW!
God bless Nigeria.

All of us @[/b] will be at the Forefront of the protest this week.
Join us there sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

We Rise

Great.
God bless you dearie.
A better Nigeria is all we want.
[b]Modest
for MANNA.
MANNA for Modest.
Protest, here we come.

You too want to protest against Buhari. Joke of the year.
Re: Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers by AfonjaConehead: 6:54am On Sep 09, 2020
Elvictor:

now I can see clearly where the ugly head is rearing from, very pathetic!

if you worship useless governance all in the name of party, you don't expect every sane individual to have such mentality.

Edo no be Rivers and can never be, even Wike knew he will loose if any strong party was contesting against him, that is why he made sure APC didn't field any candidate with the help of the judiciary.

you can keep denying your Ibo origin to score a point, I love it.

Confused yabaleft escapee. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Applauds IGP’s Proscription Of SARS / Nnia Nwodo: I Didn't Say Anything About IPOB On Imo, Anambra Killings / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.