Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! (59893 Views)

My Experience With Naija Rats (photo) / Dirty Habits We Should Get Rid Of / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 24, 2011
Blazay:

Use your 'born-again' pawas for more revelation. . . . and 'cure'. wink
Where is your 'faith' o holy one?
Nigeria and Africa need you. grin
If the 'insanity' still plagues 'your' cyber world of NL, I hope it does not follow you outside of it too?
That would be unfortunate.(ask those who have suffered such fates. may it not be your portion. iseeeeee!!!) cool

I thought you were 'fortified' from all those 'evil' spirits? wink

ROTFLMAO . . yep, it's definitely her! grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2011
blazay=almondjoy?

the male blazay = female almondjoy?

abi blazay is female?
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 24, 2011
tpiah!:

blazay=almondjoy?

the male blazay = female almondjoy?

abi blazay is female?

If this blazay is a man then he must be gay! undecided
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2011
strange strange strange. undecided

he uses many of the same expressions as almondjoy and going through his/her posts i even saw a couple of songs by paul play, who also happens to be one of AJ's favorite artistes.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2011
^^^ From his/her response to my post, I'm more than convinced it's AJ! cool
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2011
either blazay started off male and then almondjoy began using his id or something.

he was on hiatus for a very long time and just got back recently.

i cant really believe AJ is male?
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Lexusgs430: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2011
What about the option of not having to buy meat, chicken or fish again, and eating your uninvited visitors, all in the name of bushmeat !!!! Yum Yum Yum !!!

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
otapiapia aka kill and dry as long as u don't have kids

indocid is also supposed to work

and there are these gadgets that emit some unfriendly sound wave that chases them away

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by hardbody: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2011
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats!
« #38 on: Today at 12:32:33 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the option of not having to buy meat, chicken or fish again, and eating your uninvited visitors, all in the name of bushmeat !!!! Yum Yum Yum !!!

Lol. Indocid really works and is not poisonous to humans. The only challenge is that after a while, those rats get the sense that their meals are being poisoned and they will start avoiding your indocid. And i have heard that they crowd out cats when they have grown big and more numerous. Generally, i do not envy your situation, the Lord is your strength. grin

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by mafolayomi(f): 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2011
oyb:

and there are these gadgets that emit some unfriendly sound wave that chases them away

pls where can one get this gadget from? can you beleive that i have started seeing one veryyyyyyy tiny mice in d kitchen where i have not cooked more than twice b4? no food stuffs o, and this is suppose to be a brand new house that has never bin used b4 . pls i need d gadget o, b4 d thing over throw us

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Blazay(m): 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
Thank God we are back to the 'rats' thread. Too many rats I tellya! cheesy
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
oyb:

And have your whole house smelling of dead rats of weeks? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

And have your whole house smelling of dead rats of weeks? shocked shocked shocked

the advantage of indocid seems to be that it dries the rats out, and they die almost instantly

its rat poison you're talking about
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by gogodaye(m): 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
Sorry for the invasion.The best solution is for you to get this made in Nigeria stuff sold by guys in traffic. Its called the "BOMB". It not only kills the gawd dam rats but dries them up as well.
l would however, caution that you DO NOT leave the stuff where kids would find them.
l wish you the best in your quest to rid you crib of your un-invited GUESTS.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by sola12(m): 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2011
u can always get a rat killer frm a local market closest to u grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by harmeenut: 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
Quote from: tithe on February 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
I Don't think you understand, they are having population explosion and as a result their confidence is growing day by day, they don't run again when
am approaching.

Please, if you had a similar experience let me know how u overcome them.

I had the same experience. Can you believe that I was coming down the staircase and a rat was about climbing up the stair at the same time. I actually thought d damn thing will run but to my surprise it took d next step up, i comteplated turning b4 realizing it must be a joke and i started running down the starirs to scare d rat but na so he just turn slowly like say "i just retreat for u o" grin grin grin.

i bought indocid tire, e be like dem come know how to bypass the trap except for the tiny/inexperienced ones. I have not be seeing them like i used to when we moved into the building but one thing we did was to make sure we dont leave any thing on the ground,(pots, kegs,just anything - as long as they dont have any hiding place, they find it difficult to stay around)  we either mount a wall hanger where we put or hang things especially in the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by bestman09(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2011
RATS EVERYWHERE. GOOD BUSINESS FOR THOSE SELLING RAT POISON!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin, grin, grin, grin, grin

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
rat is now pushing someone to one side of the staircase? shocked

i'd say get a cat or whatever eats rats.

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Damysa(f): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ poster u could also try RAT GUM, it is usually found on Lagos traffic, it's a board that looks like a 2A exercise book.
u open it and put breadcrumbs or cryfish to attract them. I met 4 rats dangling in it the first time I used it, I took it outside the gate by the time I brought a stick to remove them (2 mins later) it had trapped another 4 lizards. hmmmmmmm the sight was so horrible that I just had to abandon it there.

Most of the ones I see around now are fake, the original one is usually sticky and very  stretchy when u open it. before u buy remove it from the nylon, open it and observe it with your fingers. If the gum on the board is soft and not stretchy enough to trap a big rat dont buy.

my 2 cent

3 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by mymoto(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
If you dont want cat in you house. try n record cat meow meow cry in a tape or cd. play it at night loudly . i bet you thos rats (witches) will take cover.
look out for hole especially in the kitchen walls n cement them.put stone before cementing them.if they bore another hole block it.its a war
Rat urine is poisonous and dangerous oooooo.beware cos they will destroy ur properties even eat your feet wen u a sleeping n blow cool breeze while they will eat your legs

2 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Sheyila1: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
when was the last time u recieved guest (because they are only in ur guest room)? Try to be more accomodative, if u are able to get ride of them.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by PurestBoy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
WHY DON'T YOU GO FOR A SNAKE BECAUSE CATS AND RATS ARE NOW FRIENDS AND NO LONGER HURT ONE ANOTHER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by r231(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
Damysa:

@ poster u could also try RAT GUM, it is usually found on Lagos traffic, it's a board that looks like a 2A exercise book.
u open it and put breadcrumbs or cryfish to attract them. I met 4 rats dangling in it the first time I used it, I took it outside the gate by the time I brought a stick to remove them (2 mins later) it had trapped another 4 lizards. hmmmmmmm the sight was so horrible that I just had to abandon it there.

Most of the ones I see around now are fake, the original one is usually sticky and very stretchy when u open it. before u buy remove it from the nylon, open it and observe it with your fingers. If the gum on the board is soft and not stretchy enough to trap a big rat dont buy.

my 2 cent

doesn't work for big rats

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
PurestBoy:

WHY DON'T YOU GO FOR A SNAKE BECAUSE CATS AND RATS ARE NOW FRIENDS AND NO LONGER HURT ONE ANOTHER.

is that so.

i thought of snake as well but felt that's too scary.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Allwell(m): 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
Lol! So exterminating rats is now trending uhh? Guy abeg go get a cat, mouse catcher or something, whatever or simply call d authorities to send in troops!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2011
r231:

doesn't work for big rats

That is because you use one , i buy like 5 and lay them on the ground 1 after the other. I had a BIG RAT problem because it kept strolling over teh RAT GUM like it was nothing, but my strategy to put RAT GUM in at least 6 different places on its path did him in. I woke up and found out that it rolled over the last 3 RAT GUM and got caught. a community of RATS cried that day, this guy must have been their Chief. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Guyman02: 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2011
The average rat in my former neighbourhood became so bold that they join us in the parlour to watch super eagles match. Walahi, fear don comot for their body kpatakpata.

We bought traps, but it never catches them, they would go behind the trap and eat the fish bait, piss on the trap and walk away.
One day we ran out of fish bait and tried to deceive them by putting the picture of a fish on the trap, but when I came to check the trap in the morning to see if it has caught any rat, I saw the picture of a rat on top of the trap; Bros, i just pack my things, hire pickup van and ran from that area.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by PurestBoy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
tpiah!:

is that so.

i thought of snake as well but felt that's too scary.

I'M VERY SERIOUS, SNAKE WILL WORK FINE FOR THE POSTER SINCE HE GOT A STUBBORN AND BRAVE RATS THAT WILL EVEN STAND TO HIS FACE WHEN COMING.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by husu(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
I prefer you go for snake as suggested by purestboy. Since you are allergic to cats.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
oyb:

the advantage of indocid seems to be that it dries the rats out, and they die almost instantly

its rat poison you're talking about  

I've tried indocid oh! And boy was it terrible . . . it did the job sha but the house stank for weeks!  undecided
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by kaymoney2(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2011
@OP I sell rat traps i think thats another alternative to eradicating the rats in your house
if you are buying more than 5 traps special discount available if interested you can get intouch
with me
 grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
kay-money:

@OP I sell rat traps i think thats another alternative to eradicating the rats in your house
if you are buying more than 5 traps special discount available if interested you can get intouch
with me
 grin grin grin grin

Seriously?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Of Zambia Man Who Is A Maid To Chinese Man Delivers Asian-looking Baby (pic / "Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street / Prophet Divine Okoh's Marriage Ends After 3 Months For Not Keeping To Promise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.