Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State (384 Views)

I Won In Kaduna On Muslim-Muslim Ticket - El-Rufai / Nigerians Reacts As Oby Arrives Kaduna On Train To Begin Campaign (See Photos) / US Blames Killings In Nigeria On Reign Of Impunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Insidenaija: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State has lamented that reckless statements by some religious leaders is the cause of killings in Southern Kaduna.

El-rufai made this known in a statement on Saturday, September 5, when the National Chairman of Jama’atul Izalatul Bid’ah WA Iqamatul Sunnah, Sheikh Abdullahi Lau, and other Izala leaders paid him a visit at the government house, Kaduna.

While addressing newsmen, the governor noted that the Izala leaders came to be briefed on the security situation in the state and that “they received briefings from the Commissioner of Internal Security as well as the Deputy Governor”.

He said, “We also solicited their support and prayers to see the end of this crisis because we are of the strong view that at the bottom of this crisis are the reckless statements of some religious leaders.

“If religious leaders decide firmly that people should live in peace and preach that consistently, it will lead to peaceful coexistence in our state.”

El-Rufai also said that the root of the crisis in southern Kaduna “lies in differences in religion and ethnicity. And religious leaders can play a very unifying or divisive role. What we have witnessed in the last few years is that they have been playing a more divisive than a unifying role.”

“That is why we welcome the outreach by religious leaders and we presented them with all the facts, and for them to use the holy books to guide how they will preach to their congregations,” the governor added.

Also, Lau called on the need for calm in the state, adding that they visited the governor to identify ways of fostering peace.

“Without peace and harmony, you cannot even practise your religion. Religious leaders have a great role to play and value to add for the peaceful coexistence in Nigeria. That is why the governor said he had earlier received CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria) leaders and His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto,” Lau said.

Meanwhile, the youth wing of the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union on Saturday said the state government must arrest and prosecute the sponsors and perpetrators of the killings in the southern part of the state for peace to reign. The group said more should be done in rehabilitating, reintegrating victims as well as rebuilding the communities affected by the attacks by suspected militia Fulani herdsmen.

The Southern Kaduna youths stated these at a press conference held in Kaduna on Saturday.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/el-rufai-blames-killings-in-southern-kaduna-on-religious-leaders-reckless-statement

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Brandstudio01: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
As usual.
Every Nigerian politician blame all Nigerian problem on everything else, but themselves. It's either they're shocked or they know nothing about it.

What a Leadership style my brother
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Kaduna1stson: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
Another excuse, the governor is just mocking the dead. I am sure he will be laughing at our back.
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by flyingpig: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
Foolish herdsman

Blame yourself for your poor leadership qualities.

APC party of irresponsible blame traders
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Kaduna1stson: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
flyingpig:
Foolish herdsman

Blame yourself for your poor leadership qualities.

APC party of irresponsible blame traders

Next, he will blame the victims for dying after being hacked to death.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
BLAME GAME REMIXED VERSION
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Insidenaija: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
Cc: Lalasticala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Arrewa: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kaduna1stson:
Another excuse, the governor is just mocking the dead. I am sure he will be laughing at our back.
Kai Dan wani jiha me a Garin Kaduna?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Kaduna1stson: 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Kai Dan wani jiha me a Garin Kaduna?

Haka ne, kaduna, dole ne mu fadi gaskiyar halin da muke ciki
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by swiz123(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Since he thinks he has the moral compass to dish out advice to religious leaders, I also have some for him :

To stop the killings in the whole of the northeast, please stop the endless supply of funds to your boys. Money speaks louder than words
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Golan007: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
You see all those people making comments above? They aren't really interested in the solution or peace in the community.

No matter what is suggested, proposed or said, they would always make snide and derogatory remarks.

Unfortunately, this is quite common in Nigeria today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Arrewa: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kaduna1stson:

Haka ne, kaduna, dole ne mu fadi gaskiyar halin da muke ciki
lol grin you're not a northerner.

I asked you a question and you're using Google Trans to give me answer that is no way related to my question.

Stop impersonation... Be proud of your igbo origin.

What joy do you derive from this?

To pretend you are a northerner and be condemning the north?

Or you want people to be sending you money as victim of genocide?

Nairaland isn't the right place for that. Go to Facebook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Kaduna1stson: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

I asked you a question and you're using Google Trans to give me answer that is no way related to my question.

Stop improvement... Be proud of your igbo origin.

Am I begging you to believe me, whenever we want to speak out about our internal troubles and slaughter here, you brand us Igbo.
I am not begging you.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Kaduna1stson: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Golan007:
You see all those people making comments above? They aren't really interested in the solution or peace in the community.

No matter what is suggested, proposed or said, they would always make snide and derogatory remarks.

When people hear some home truth, they will panic and instead deny that the truth is coming from home.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by November1857(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

Stop impersonation... Be proud of your igbo origin.

Nairaland isn't the right place for that. Go to Facebook.
You better call your people to order !

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Arrewa: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kaduna1stson:

Am I begging you to believe me, whenever we want to speak out about our internal troubles and slaughter here, you brand us Igbo.
I am not begging you.
I don't have problem with southern kaduna indigenes airing their predicament online.

My problem is impersonation... Why must you impersonate?
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Arrewa: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Golan007:

that's it!

This forum is full of hypocrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
I don't have problem with southern kaduna indigenes airing their predicament online.

My problem is impersonation... Why must you impersonate?

Did he impersonate ur father?? What about u claiming Nigerian when actually u re from futa jalon. Instead of u condemning hell Rufai, u are here attacking innocent commenter. Mbekwu!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Arrewa: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
azmanaty02:

Did he impersonate ur father?? What about u claiming Nigerian when actually u re from futa jalon. Instead of u condemning hell Rufai, u are here attacking innocent commenter. Mbekwu!
every tribes in Nigeria have where they originated from.

The Hausas from Bagdad.

Fulanis from futa D'jallon

Yorubas from Egypt

Igbos claim to come from Isreal but were rejected.

They leter claim its Enugukwu while some of them claim it's aguleri.

You people are confuse and don't know where you originated from.

We the Fulanis were able to trace our origin.

Why are you pained?? Tell me where Igbos originated from?

And for calling out my Dad... I forgive you.

I don't call out people's parents in an argument.
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by obami007(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
The governor should have intel of what is really happening in his state though
Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Simplyleo: 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
[s]
azmanaty02:

[/s]
Shut up.

Impersonation is a sign one isn't proud of himself or origin regardless of whoever is impersonated.

Lol, he should join you in condemning el rufai because you hate Elrufai even if he likes same Elrufai. Nawao.

Is that how you were brought up? Just asking. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Shut up.

Impersonation is a sign one isn't proud of himself or origin regardless of whoever is impersonated.

Lol, he should join you in condemning el rufai because you hate Elrufai even if he likes same Elrufai. Nawao.

Is that how you were brought up? Just asking. undecided

Always saying gibberish

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by orisa37: 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
It was the importation of FULANI HERDSMEN from NIGER REPUBLIC BY THE GOVERNOR HIMSELF THAT STARTED THE KILLING.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Blames Killings In Southern Kaduna On Religious Leaders' Reckless State by frankyychiji(f): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Seems hell rufai has overcome the disgrace of that dis-invitation. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO NEWS; Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Inspect Lagos-ibadan Railway Modern / Edo Decides: APC Leaders Allegedly Caught Sharing Money [VIDEO] / Election Boycotters Are The Real Enemies Of Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.