Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,851 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? (1775 Views)

President Buhari Unveils 1 Million Bags Of Rice Pyramids In Abuja (Pictures) / Over One Million Bags Of "Tinubu Rice" Flood North East / Taraba State Capable of Supplying Nigeria With Rice - Governor Darius Dickson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by bigpriik: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Just want to know the agricultural capapability of ebony , especially if mechanized agriculture is applied ,can ebonyi produce 1 million bags of rice In a single planting season?
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ebonyi state is the only state in the south east with fertile land to farm rice and their government has invested so much in the Agricultural sector but unfortunately... They don't have enough land to feed the whole state.

They still depend on northern rice to survive... Ebonyi rice is very expensive and very low in quality to compare to northern rice.

That's why even within Ebonyi... They rush Arewa rice.

When it comes to Agriculture... Leave it for the north

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by vanunu: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Ebonyi state is the only state in the south east with a fertile land to farm rice and their government has invested so much in the Agricultural sector but unfortunately... They don't have enough land to feed the whole state.

They still depend on northern rice to survive... Ebonyi rice is very expensive and very low quality to compare to northern rice.

That's why even within Ebonyi... They rush Arewa rice

You are mad, have you being to Ebony I before?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
vanunu:

You are mad, have you being to Ebony I before?
yes I have Been to not only Ebonyi state. I have been to all the eastern State. So I'm speaking from my observation.

Agayarigom na ala igbo... Ga nenyaria Anya nke Oma

You people are struggling for land to build house not for Agriculture

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by SlayerForever: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
^^^They don't have enough land to feed the state.

Modified: See Yoruba trolls beneath picking interest like kilode. Why the hate? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Ebonyi state is the only state in the south east with a fertile land to farm rice and their government has invested so much in the Agricultural sector but unfortunately... They don't have enough land to feed the whole state.

They still depend on northern rice to survive... Ebonyi rice is very expensive and very low quality to compare to northern rice.

That's why even within Ebonyi... They rush Arewa rice.

When it comes to Agriculture... Leave it for the north

You are a propagandist, outright liar.

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

That's why even within Ebonyi... They rush Arewa rice

Delusions of ethnic and regional importance!

How about you take your 'abundance of high quality rice' and fuc/k off to form your own Arewa Republic? Leave us to starve! No wahala....we don't mind!

10 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by theenchanter: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Ebonyi state is the only state in the south east with a fertile land to plant rice and their government has invested so much in the Agricultural sector but unfortunately... They don't have enough land to feed the whole state.
1m bags of rice is just 50000 tons, ebonyi state installed capacity should be more than that.....

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by dokyOloye: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
bigpriik:
Just want to know the agricultural capapability of ebony , especially if mechanized agriculture is applied ,can ebonyi produce 1 million bags of rice In a single planting season?
Yes,easily.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
theenchanter:
1m bags of rice is just 50000 tons, ebonyi state state installed capacity should be more than that.....
stop living in media propaganda... Ebonyi don't have that capacity.

I have a uncle that Is into rice business. He send trailers of rice down east. He do send down trailers of rice to Ebonyi
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Simplyleo: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
SlayerForever:
The whole of SE is 29km2.

Let's assume the land is equally shared among the 5 states (which is not the case), Ebonyi will be less than 6km2. Is it from this small land you want them to allocate some for Agriculture?

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Simplyleo: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

Delusions of ethnic and regional importance!

How about you take your 'abundance of high quality rice' and fuc/k off to form your own Arewa Republic? Leave us to starve! No wahala....we don't mind!
And who is stopping you?
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
yes I have Been to not only to Ebonyi state. I have been to all the eastern State. So I'm speaking from my observation.

Agayarigom na ala igbo... Ga nenyaria Anya nke Oma

You actually think a country has to have huge land mass to be self-sufficient in agriculture! I've got one word to dispel your erroneous notion: ISRAEL! shocked

10 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Simplyleo: 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

You actually think a country has to have huge land mass to be self-sufficient in agriculture! I've got one word to dispel your erroneous notion: ISRAEL! shocked
Israel did it, and so? Who stops you from doing it? Abi na Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by theenchanter: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
stop living in media propaganda... Ebonyi don't have that capacity.

I have a uncle that Is into rice business. He send trailers of rice down east. He do send down trailers of rice to Ebonyi
that does not negate what i said nor corroborate ur stance. Ebonyi state can produce 1m bags of rice is d point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

stop deceiving yourself man.

Do you know how expensive land is in the east??

Do you know how many millions it cost to get a hectare of land in the east??

I knew all these when we were there to establish an agro deport in enugu.

The east need land... That's why east have been killing each other over 3 hectare of land
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

And who is stopping you?

Quit asking daft questions!

'ONE NIGERIA' (of which you are a supporter of) is stopping me!

5 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
SlayerForever:
Says a tribal bigot and internet warlord undecided

OP you won't get the correct information with the way your head and thread have been spinned by internet trolls and bigots.

Ask the visitor who's been to ebonyi state to mention 7 streets in Ebonyi state and he would faulter. Meanwhile, I am from there and can categorically tell you ebonyi state is capable of producing that capacity. They've got low population index to land mass and a large array of fertile swampy land suitable for agriculture in the south, north, and central senatorial zones of the state. There's hardly a local government you'll go to in Ebonyi where you don't see some scattered swamps cultivated for rice.

Below is Governor Umahi stating Ebonyi harvets 190,000 tones of rice every year. And the news was released way back as 2016; 4years ago. That is a whooping 150million kilograms of rice. Now how many kilograms is a bag of rice? Do you see the amazing magic? cheesy I'm sure the capacity has increased about now because Ebonyi has several rice mills and clusters.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/how-we-grew-rice-production-in-ebonyi-to-190000-tonnes-this-year-gov-umahi/

Cc; bigpriik

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
theenchanter:
that does not negate what i said nor corroborate ur stance. Ebonyi state can produce 1m bags of rice is d point.
not at all man!

Kiss the truth
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
not at all man!

Kiss the truth
cheap ass liar grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
flyingpig:
Says a tribal bigot and internet warlord undecided

OP you won't get the correct information with the way your head and thread have been spinned by internet trolls and bigots.

Ask the visitor who's been to ebonyi state to mention 7 streets in Ebonyi state and he would faulter. Meanwhile, I am from there and can categorically tell you ebonyi state is capable of producing that capacity. They've got low population index to land mass and a large array of fertile swampy land suitable for agriculture in the south, north, and central senatorial zones of the state. There's hardly a local government you'll go to in Ebonyi where you don't see some scattered swamps cultivated for rice.

Below is Governor Umahi stating Ebonyi harvets 190,000 tones of rice every year. And the news was released way back as 2016; 4years ago. That is a whooping 150million kilograms of rice. Now how many kilograms is a bag of rice? Do you see the amazing magic? cheesy I'm sure the capacity has increased about now because Ebonyi has several rice mills and clusters.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/how-we-grew-rice-production-in-ebonyi-to-190000-tonnes-this-year-gov-umahi/

Cc; bigpriik
that was just a media propaganda!

The north still feed Ebonyi state
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

Do you know how expensive land is in the east??

Do you know how many millions it cost to get a hectare of land in the east??

I knew all these when we were there to establish an agro deport in enugu.

The east need land... That's why Benue and Ebonyi have been killing each other over 3 hectare of land

By 'east' i take it you mean south-east and not Alaigbo? Both the east and Alaigbo have excess land for agriculture than we know what to do with! States like Ebonyi, Imo and Abia have vast tracts of unused land! Land isn't our problem but knowing how to put it to use effectively!

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

By 'east' i take it you mean south-east and not Alaigbo? Both the east and Alaigbo have excess land for agriculture than we know what to do with! States like Ebonyi, Imo and Abia have vast tracts of unused land! Land isn't our problem but knowing how to put it to use effectively!

I know the east... You can only deceive those that haven't been there
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
theenchanter:
1m bags of rice is just 50000 tons, ebonyi state installed capacity should be more than that.....

Way back in 2016 Governor Umahi brandished that Ebonyi harvests 150,000 tonnes of rice every year. The CBN Governor, Governor of Kebbi state were all at the occasion, and this is no cheap talks cause I sabi my state cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Simplyleo: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

Quit asking daft questions!

'ONE NIGERIA' (of which you are a supporter of) is stopping me!
Oga, no one is forcing you to leave your village for the north or south west. Staying back in your town is the first step.

You can't be scattered all over Nigeria and be making noise that one Nigeria holds you.

As for me, if I have the opportunity, all these would have been history.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

That guy is a phantom hater of Igbo people and a popular bigot on this platform. Leave him man, he only intends to de-market the Igbo and praise his boko-ravished Arewanistan.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
flyingpig:

Way back in 2016 Governor Umahi brandished that Ebonyi harvests 150,000 tonnes of rice every year. The CBN Governor, Governor of Kebbi state were all at the occasion, and this is no cheap talks cause I sabi my state cheesy

we need reality not online propaganda.

We don't need audio rice.
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arda1000(m): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

the useless North that can't even feed themselves, na me Don won feed, God punish u for that statement

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
we need reality not online propaganda.

We don't need audio rice.

You are the one with audio lies. Where are your proofs? I'm speaking authoritatively but you have neither news links or statistics to back up your claims to a formal account.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by theenchanter: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
not at all man!
Kiss the truth
ignorance is bliss, abokina.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by flyingpig: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

onky with onions, ginger and other commodities that they dont producd. Not rice please.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arda1000:
the useless North that can't even feed themselves, na me Don won feed, God punish u for that statement
kiss the truth dear. Thousands of Trailers of food is trooping down the east as we are talking.

We feed the east

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Would Be The Last Fulani President In Nigeria Even Coup. / Igbo People Will Be The Biggest Losers If Nigeria Breaks Up / History Of “ilu Aje” (the Land Of The Wizard) In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.