Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria (241 Views)

Real Reasons Why Tinubu Doesn't Want To Fix Our Refineries / FG Should Fix Our Refineries And Stop The Sharing Scams / "Our Refineries Will Be Fully Functional Before 2019 Ending" - Kachikwu Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by pappyjjboi: 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Because, if our refineries are working, we would not have any cause to import fuel, let alone align the pump price with international market fuel price trend that makes it costly for common man.

The product would have been more cheaper if the refineries are working.

Let's here your view please
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by lomprico(m): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Because we are a failed nation from the onset.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by Brandstudio01: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
My brother the earlier we forget we have a government and focus your strength on the way forward for own success the better.

For me I'm my own government. Because I pay government. They don't pay me, considering all the VATS and TAXES. They have no impact in my life whatsoever. Instead, I take care of their fat tummies, they don't don't take care of me.

Frankly speaking sometimes I I feel like shedding tears for their supporters clubs. Because have no idea what they are asking for.

But only time will tell.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by pappyjjboi: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
To make things work in Nigeria, our government make look like rocket science. Because we do see people setting up refineries but when government catches them, they call it it illegal refinery...to me its not something complex as painted by the government.

Same with electricity, there are companies generating their own electricity in the country as we speak

I just don't know why they refuse to do the right thing
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
Because we have been buying fuel below the production cost.

As a result, NNPC over the years cannot make the profits needed to maintain and fix the refineries

The problem started in the early 90s. That is when the IMF was advising us to let the market control the prices and end subsides but because 'nigerians are poor' we kept on subsidising fuel

Thus the money maker became the subsides . And the refineries were left to rot.

Thus endeth the tale
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
Some people need to die before we can attain that height
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by NwaNimo1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
Neo colonialism.......African nations have been designated o be exporters of raw materials (including crude oil) and importers of value added products (such as PMS)

If anything we should be exporting PMS to other African countries and the western world at prices we dictate.
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by Yobabad: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
Just as Nigeria never make progress with this current constitution so shall it's refinary not going to work
Re: Why Can't We Have Our Refineries Working In Nigeria by pappyjjboi: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2020
Our leaders living of the the backwardness of the country...its bad. Same applies to d power sector

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Commissioner, Abdulmumuni Danga Who Allegedly Raped Lady Charged To Court / Akwa Ibom Laments Non-payment Of 13% Oil Revenue / Osinbajo Departs For Accra To Attend ECOWAS Extraordinary Summit On Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.