Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This (15637 Views)

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer / Nigerian Game Company Pays It's Top Players / 10 Concept Every Software Developers Should Know Before 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by gentlekeny(m): 1:33am On Sep 08, 2020
Am looking for a developer who can design a

(1)Question & Answer App
(2) Spelling app for children
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by Elxandre(m): 9:56am On Sep 08, 2020
ReactGA:

@ Cassim33
Don't mind him (d quote above). Focus on web development instead. Or else u'll be competing against big companies (that spend millions of dollars on making games) which I'm very sure u cannot keepup.

If u're hell bent on making games, make simple hyper causal games and monitize it with ads.

Read my previous 2 post on the thread with d quote attached

Its simple logic. Everyone is willing to pay for what makes him money in return (i.e people are willing to pay for an e-commere web app because they'll make money from it) but not everyone is willing to pay for entertainment not to mention that entertainment is different for people. Some prefer movies to games while some prefer physical games and still yet out of d few that plays video games, not all of them are willing to pay for it.
Web development pays in Nigeria?
I can't remember intentionally visiting any Nigerian sites recently except from Twitter and nairaland links.
Not to mention the fact that almost all of them die out soon.

I think a big problem is Nigerian games being too Nigerian. You start playing and Nigeria is plastered all over the games.
Just make a game fgs.
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by DriggityDre: 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
ReactGA:

@ Cassim33
Don't mind him (d quote above).
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11565544_11475305cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages1137437292e32c9cedf91ac3dee5113ddeca385ejpeg563e6138e8ac928f406170b6e1debfb7jpegfd22ca98d38c01ba253d4455b6974e9a_jpeg_jpeg9e6bc9f46ce0d9c03c357ef7c135ce2b

Focus on web development instead. Or else u'll be competing against big companies (that spend millions of dollars on making games) which I'm very sure u cannot keepup.

If u're hell bent on making games, make simple hyper causal games and monitize it with ads.
See. I get your point. I'm all about thinking outside the box. Your advice is for someone who hasn't started anything yet.

I took Cassim33 as someone who already has something going on. Like a developer.

Don't forget, there are people whose projects still get picked up by these same companies.

It's left to him to decide tho.
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by DriggityDre: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2020
Elxandre:

I think a big problem is Nigerian games being too Nigerian. You start playing and Nigeria is plastered all over the games.
Just make a game fgs.
I get your point too.
Basically making it all about Nigerian stuff. It's good to be unique and different, I get.. but you still gatz make it appeal to a larger audience.

How many Nigerians are still going to legally purchase that title? There are some cases you can still make a mad game, and still pop a few Nigerian reps.
Yes, but not to switch up the whole concept for repping sake.
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by ReactGA: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
Elxandre:

Web development pays in Nigeria?
I can't remember intentionally visiting any Nigerian sites recently except from Twitter and nairaland links.
Not to mention the fact that almost all of them die out soon.

Just make a game fgs.

See how this one is talking undecided How many non Nigerian games have u bought from d play/app store?? Even if u had, is it ur one in 5yrs purchase that d developers will live on?

Well i won't argue with u because
1. U don't have a business that requires attending to a very large audience.

2. U are not a game developer.

But still let me tell one thing, don't u think people have invested in game development in Nigeria ?? Do ur research and find out why d abandoned it.

My final verdict : web Development is d most lucrative aspect of programming in Nigeria.
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by Elxandre(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
ReactGA:

See how this one is talking undecided How many non Nigerian games have u bought from d play/app store?? Even if u had, is it ur one in 5yrs purchase that d developers will live on?

Well i won't argue with u because
1. U don't have a business that requires attending to a very large audience.

2. U are not a game developer.

But still let me tell one thing, don't u think people have invested in game development in Nigeria ?? Do ur research and find out why d abandoned it.

My final verdict : web Development is d most lucrative aspect of programming in Nigeria.
You don't talk like a programmer.
So much assumptions about an anonymous character online.

It requires large investment and I've been mostly disappointed with the quality/theme of games by Nigerian developers.
They often target Nigerian market which isn't even big nor rich enough to yield anything reasonable.

I remember how they made a game to try cash in on Oga at the top. Lol.
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by Elxandre(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
DriggityDre:

I get your point too.
Basically making it all about Nigerian stuff. It's good to be unique and different, I get.. but you still gatz make it appeal to a larger audience.

How many Nigerians are still going to legally purchase that title? There are some cases you can still make a mad game, and still pop a few Nigerian reps.
Yes, but not to switch up the whole concept for repping sake.
You have said all I couldn't type!

I mean we don't even know where a lot of the biggest games originated from till we make Google searches.

Maybe Nigerians are very patriotic sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by DriggityDre: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
Elxandre:

You have said all I couldn't type!

I mean we don't even know where a lot of the biggest games originated from till we make Google searches.

Maybe Nigerians are very patriotic sha. grin
Agreed.

Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by ReactGA: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
Elxandre:

You don't talk like a programmer.
So much assumptions about an anonymous character online.

It requires large investment and I've been mostly disappointed with the quality/theme of games by Nigerian developers.
They often target Nigerian market which isn't even big nor rich enough to yield anything reasonable.

I remember how they made a game to try cash in on Oga at the top. Lol.

My advice : Next time always b mindful of how u talk online because u don't know d person's personality.

D advise goes to me too though cause I don't know if I'm chatting with one multimillionaire businessman so sorry if u're offended anyway
Re: Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This by preshogor: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hey peeps. I have a well-structured course on HTML, CSS, Python, SQL, Git, Angular, React, Redux, Node, Django, Javascript, Java, c#, Ultimate Design Pattern etc. from beginner to mastery level at a very affordable price. It is by Mosh Hamedani. I bet you, you will like what you get. email me at preciousogor2@gmail.com. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Top 25 Global Finalist For NASA Space App: A Nairalander Represents Nigeria / Lets Learn C# Here!(study Group For Beginners) / Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.