Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? (1770 Views)

SW Of Nigeria Is Upbeat Over Buhari's Commitment To Stop Boko Haram - Why? / Did Buhari Say That ACN Governors Are Corrupt? / Mrs Oritsejafor . My Husband Is Unappreciated In The SW Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Justcash(m): 4:31am On Feb 23, 2011
Look at him ranting confidently that Jonathan will lose in the SW, when all Jonathan needs to do is to rig, and PDP will own all the states in SW. He should Shut up and pray hard for ACN to win in the states that they occupy now. Except he plans to rig too, ACN is not yet sure of any state. At the end, he will cry and go to courts as usual to gain justice after four years, only to forgo the seats again in the next elections.

You’ll Lose in S'West, Tinubu Tells Jonathan

Former Governor of Lagos State and a chieftain of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has called on people of the southwest mostly the Yorubas not to cast their votes for President Goodluck Jonathan for calling their leaders rascal, stressing that Jonathan’s statement will not allow people of the region vote for him in the April elections.

While addressing a mammoth crowd at the Ake Place Ground in Abeokuta Tuesday at the flag off of the campaign of the governorship candidate of the party in Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, Tinubu disclosed that Jonathan has abused both the elderly and the young in the southwest, saying “Jonathan abused our parents, sisters, brothers, we are going to tell him we are not rascals, we won’t give him our votes.”

The party’s flag off campaign for the April general elections had in attendance notable Yoruba leaders including national chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, his Lagos counterpart, Mr. Babatunde Fashola and National Publicity of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

Tinubu however condemned the statement credited to Jonathan that the southwest leaders are rascals saying the president has insulted fathers, mothers including the young ones in the region by his unguided statement.

He urged the people of the southwest to understand their pedigree and the position which God has placed on them in the affairs of the country stressing that the southwest has produced notable Nigerians who had contributed in no small measure to the socio economic and political development of the country.

He added that Jonathan would be punished for such statement at the general election saying he cannot make such comment here and have the votes of people in the region.

He therefore said the situation in the state was unfortunate but maintained that the time for change has come through the standard bearer of the party in the state, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

He described Amosun as a courageous man that will transform the state and move the state to a greater height.
Tinubu equally called on the youth across the state to take their destiny in their hands saying they should follow the trend of change in other part of the country especially the recent one in Egypt where people sparked off revolution but ours would be through democratic process.

Akande who stormed the ancient city of Abeokuta to wish the incumbent administration of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) goodbye in the state, said ACN is set to sweep away poverty, unemployment, among others.

He advised the youth in the state to rise up to the task of rebuilding Ogun sate before handing over the party’s flag to Amosun.
Amosun in his speech advised the factional governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Tunji Olurin not to insult the intelligence of the people of the state, over a statement credited to the latter that he was on a mission to rebuild the state.
He said Olurin statement was unthinkable considering the fact that it was his party, PDP that misruled the state in the last eight years, adding that he (Olurin) openly insulted the intelligence of the people of the state.

According to him “just last week the unthinkable happened, the gubernatorial candidate of the PDP, General Tunji Olurin (rtd) openly insulted the intelligence of the good people of Ogun State by saying he is equally on a mission to rebuild Ogun State. Is this not laughable?”

Amosun, who contested on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in 2007, asked residents of the state to ensure that their vote counts in the April elections.

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 4:43am On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

Mind your business and save your needless trite for your neck of the wood. They will appreciate it more.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by seanet02: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2011
Ibos with their inferiority complex, must you post? You simply does not have a courageous leader in the east like TINUBU!! People like ojukwu dont have enough balls to stand against federal government.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 7:14am On Feb 23, 2011
Tinubu seems genuinely spooked. He probably looked at the huge "foreigner" demographics in Lagos, then made note of the loss of Ikorodu in the recent by-elections.
. . .And fullscale nightmares began!

Tinubu's fear is real and expected, Lagos will likely go PDP, hence his recent fallback to ethnically bigoted statements in the hope that he can convince the area boy population. He might just end up undoing Fashola.

. . .Lest I forget, I have been predicting for some time now that Fashola will end up in PDP. cool
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by ekubear1: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2011
Tinubu and Buhari if they got their act together could indeed kick out GEJ. They don't seem interested in working together, though.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 7:49am On Feb 23, 2011
seanet02:

Typical beaf with his S.tupidit.y. how can i vote for a party that spent eight years in power yet can not provide electricity for just 4 hours daily consistently for just one month. Beaf you will soon need to dust your C.V and look for another job when your $4 per hour job from GEJ is brought to an end with GEJ administration in may.

I've noticed that the only thing you can do is abuse, its one of the many gifts of a low IQ.

Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by ASL33: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2011
seanet02:

Ibos with their inferiority complex, must you post? You simply does not have a courageous leader in the east like TINUBU!! People like ojukwu dont have enough balls to stand against federal government.
In one post you claim Ibos are too proud and always beating their chest in other post you claim they feel inferior. What a contradiction and when will you people start sounding coherent.

@Poster

This is politics anybody can boast of anything. Do you expect him to say ACN will not win SW, that is conceding defeat b4 the election. Even Rev Okotie believe he will the presidency so no big deal if Tinubu made such statement. TBH PDP might not win SW.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2011
ASL33:

In one post you claim Ibos are to proud and always beating their chest in other post you claim they feel inferior. What a contradiction and when will you people start sounding coherent.
@Poster

This is politics anybody can boast of anything. Do you expect him to say ACN will not win SW, that is conceding defeat b4 the election. Even Rev Okotie believe he will the presidency so no big deal if Tinubu made such statement. TBH PDP might not win SW.

The dude is a product of free [b]un[/b]education so dont blame him.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by joeyfire(m): 11:33am On Feb 23, 2011
seanet02:

I dont know if you said this Poo just to get some attention but I do know that its an anal retentive and ill bred post dont you think? What brought igbos into this?
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by seanet02: 11:56am On Feb 23, 2011
joeyfire:

I dont know if you said this Poo just to get some attention but I do know that its an anal retentive and ill bred post dont you think? What brought igbos into this?
yeah, because the person i replied derives unending joy hurling insults on YORUBAS. Since i am not a fuc.kk.ii.nn.. Bastard like justcash need to be cautioned when they are on the high. As for the pure junk you hurled at me, i will ignore you and pretend as if you are drunk.
chosen04:

The dude is a product of free [b]un[/b]education so dont blame him.
Chosen zero for illiteracy!!! You dey craze, why must you ibos always attack TINUBU, is it by force to join a Mainstream of I.D.I.O.T.S? GEJ will soon teach you a lesson in 2015, he will run for second term and will hand over to a Northerner in 2019, na slave you go dey do for live. Chinedu am i clear?
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by joeyfire(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
seanet02:

yeah, because the person i replied derives unending joy hurling insults on YORUBAS. Since i am not a fuc.kk.ii.nn.. naughty person like justcash need to be cautioned when they are on the high. As for the pure junk you hurled at me, i will ignore you and pretend as if you are drunk. Chosen zero for illiteracy!!! You dey craze, why must you ibos always attack TINUBU, is it by force to join a Mainstream of I.D.I.O.T.S? GEJ will soon teach you a lesson in 2015, he will run for second term and will hand over to a Northerner in 2019, na slave you go dey do for live. Chinedu am i clear?

Look who's talking about being drunk cheesy I dont give a rat's backside about the person and you buster and i asked a question,what brought igbos into thi?. What i do take exception to is you hurling insults at my tribe and in effect dissing me. I dont understand why you have converted his comment into a ''we versus ''them'' issue. Its pathetic to say the least
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by toba1909(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
seanet02:

yeah, because the person i replied derives unending joy hurling insults on YORUBAS. Since i am not a fuc.kk.ii.nn.. naughty person like justcash need to be cautioned when they are on the high. As for the pure junk you hurled at me, i will ignore you and pretend as if you are drunk. Chosen zero for illiteracy!!! You dey craze, why must you ibos always attack TINUBU, is it by force to join a Mainstream of I.D.I.O.T.S? GEJ will soon teach you a lesson in 2015, he will run for second term and will hand over to a Northerner in 2019, na slave you go dey do for live. Chinedu am i clear?

My dear bro, it seems you have no better things to do with your time, hence joining the nerds in argument. cool
I wonder what they stand to gain from the pull him down syndrome being directed at Tinubu, they should rather seek an Okija priest to heal their sick leader before GEJ luck, wink angry
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by seanet02: 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2011
toba1909:

My dear bro, it seems you have no better things to do with your time, hence joining the nerds in argument. cool
I wonder what they stand to gain from the pull him down syndrome being directed at Tinubu, they should rather seek an Okija priest to heal their sick leader before GEJ luck, wink angry
okay sir, but it was just necessary to whip this agberos to order sometimes. Mo ti gbo nkan te so
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by joeyfire(m): 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2011
Like I said this ''us'' vs ''them'' mentality is a sign of weakness and a lack of ideas
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Justcash(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
seanet02:

yeah, because the person i replied derives unending joy hurling insults on YORUBAS. Since i am not a fuc.kk.ii.nn.. naughty person like justcash need to be cautioned when they are on the high. As for the pure junk you hurled at me, i will ignore you and  pretend as if you are drunk. Chosen zero for illiteracy!!! You dey craze, why must you ibos always attack TINUBU, is it by force to join a Mainstream of I.D.I.O.T.S? GEJ will soon teach you a lesson in 2015, he will run for second term and will hand over to a Northerner in 2019, na slave you go dey do for live. Chinedu am i clear?

See a freaking Tribalist wanking in this thread because I mentioned that Tinubu should stop exhibiting unnecessary arrogance. How does talking against Tinubu mean talking against the Yoruba race. You are a big dirty F_OOL.
Keep Wanking, it is your job. You got a snail brain, Little wonder why Tinubu Found it easy to deceive an illiterate like you that he is your father. Very soon he'll tell you that he created you and your whole generation. Animal.

Anyway, what even brought about this Igbo vs Yoruba issue in this thread? Is this how mentally ill you are? Is ACN a regional party? You are very very stoopid
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by rhymz(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
Lately Tinubu has been talking too much bullcrap like he is afraid ACN might lose. Let us stop all these needless semantics of what GEJ said and did not say. It is ok to try to exploit GEJ's statement for political goodwill but I doubt if a majority of the Yorube tribe both educated and un-educated did not get what GEJ literally meant with the rascal statement. GEJ may not be refined, have the tact and finesse to make very clever degrading remarks about the opposition and go un-noticed and unscathed but he is not stupid either to now curse the entire yoruba tribe in an effort to solicit for their votes, com'on people cut the man some slacks. Between Tinubu is only playing politics thats all but I think if he continues with the over flogging that issue of rascal ish, he might be verging on bigotry which may cause needless partisan votes and further divide the country along sectional lines of bigotry, nepotism and tribalism. I think the ACN should talk less about the PDP and concentrate on what they are going to do to better our lives, abi dem wan win the elections just because dem wan spite the PDP? Abeg enough of these PDP obsession, make we hear better gist jor and Tinubu himself needs to take a chill pill and sit back, he is not the one contesting why is he crying more than the bereaved na.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Justcash(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
rhymz:

Lately Tinubu has been talking too much bullcrap like he is afraid ACN might lose. Let us stop all these needless semantics of what GEJ said and did not say. It is ok to try to exploit GEJ's statement for political goodwill but I doubt if a majority of the Yorube tribe both educated and un-educated did not get what GEJ literally meant with the rascal statement. GEJ may not be refined, have the tact and finesse to make very clever degrading remarks about the opposition and go un-noticed and unscathed but he is not silly either to now curse the entire yoruba tribe in an effort to solicit for their votes, com'on people cut the man some slacks. Between Tinubu is only playing politics thats all but I think if he continues with the over flogging that issue of rascal ish, he might be verging on bigotry which may cause needless partisan votes and further divide the country along sectional lines of bigotry, nepotism and tribalism. I think the ACN should talk less about the PDP and concentrate on what they are going to do to better our lives, abi dem wan win the elections just because dem wan spite the PDP? Abeg enough of these PDP obsession, make we hear better gist jor and Tinubu himself needs to take a chill pill and sit back, he is not the one contesting why is he crying more than the bereaved na.

Abeg, help me tell them. Every statement against a Nigerian from the Yoruba ethnic group by an Igbo man is now a sound of war drums. This Ethnic blindness is the reason why I believe Nigeria will break in no time. 
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
Justcash:

Abeg, help me tell them. Every statement against a Nigerian from the Yoruba ethnic group by an Igbo man is now a sound of war drums. This Ethnic blindness is the reason why I believe Nigeria will break in no time. 

STFU. Mind your business

Go talk about APGA and PPA, leave us alone. Wait a minute, those are dead parties aka Ojukwu PLC and like every thing Ibo, they have to attach themselves to the Yorubas to be relevant. Just as how, they all leave their decrepit abode in the  east  for better standard of living in the South West, how they prefer our universities to their glorified High schools, how they preferred our girls to the bear bear hermaphroditic females and lastly just as how they have to always compare themselves to the Almighty Yoruba race.

Dont you guys get tired! Anuofia you all.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Justcash(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

STFU. Mind your business

Go talk about APGA and PPA, leave us alone. Wait a minute, those are dead parties aka Ojukwu PLC and like every thing Ibo, they have to attach themselves to the Yorubas to be relevant. Just as how, they all leave their decrepit abode in the  east  for better standard of living in the South West, how they prefer our universities to their glorified High schools, how they preferred our girls to the bear bear hermaphroditic females and lastly just as how they have to always compare themselves to the Almighty Yoruba race.

Dont you guys get tired! Anuofia you all.

LOL! F_OOL!  You are beating your chest about ACN in your poverty ridden shaft. ACN is a Nigerian party and not a Yoruba party, so I can say Tinubu is a Cow and nothing will happen. I will criticize him at any time. You can go and hug a wet transformer if you don't like it. Tribalistic illiterate. 

By the way, I'll suggest that you should go and register in an evening school in order to get proper education and less time in Nairaland. You also need to go to a reform home to cure your acute level of tribal hate. Anumanu. Keep wanking.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by GrayBeard: 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
Quote from: seanet02 on Today at 07:10:28 AM

Now, you insult another tribe needlessly: but you do not even have the schooling to write proper English: just have a look at the bolded, and realize you still have to return to primary school, friend.

Your education, if any, was a perfect waste of funds.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by GrayBeard: 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

Just as how, they all leave their decrepit abode in the  east  for better standard of living in the South West,

And Lagos was built with funds from what part of the Country? The Niger-DELTA, no? The Oil boom of the seventies saw massive infrastructural development in the then Federal Capital - Lagos - No?

Is Lagos specially developed because of the sheer brilliance of its ethnic ancestry or is it specially developed as Nigeria's commercial capital, MAINLY because it was our Federal Capital for many decades before Abuja?

If Calabar or Port-Harcourt had always been the Federal Capital from 1914, what do you suppose would be the level of development of those places today?

So please your tribalistic rant is meaningless.

how they prefer our universities to their glorified High schools,

When you say "our universities" i am sure you are referring to FEDERAL universities such as Unilag and the University of Ife, right?

how they preferred our girls to the bear bear hermaphroditic females

I seem to recall that a Nigerian woman has won the prestigious Miss World title before, and oooops, was she a great yoruba beauty, or simply one okoro from the Niger Delta? Hmmmm.

Abeg, she is called Agbani Darego, from the other side of the Niger -

Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2011

What has the comments of the poster got to do with tribe, seems the future generation of Nigeria is worse off, has every post got to do with "my tribe your tribe" can't you guys just contribute constructively and objectively .
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by seanet02: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
Gray Beard:

And Lagos was built with funds from what part of the Country? The Niger-DELTA, no? The Oil boom of the seventies saw massive infrastructural development in the then Federal Capital - Lagos - No?

Is Lagos specially developed because of the sheer brilliance of its ethnic ancestry or is it specially developed as Nigeria's commercial capital, MAINLY because it was our Federal Capital for many decades before Abuja?

If Calabar or Port-Harcourt had always been the Federal Capital from 1914, what do you suppose would be the level of development of those places today?

When you say "our universities" i am sure you are referring to FEDERAL universities such as Unilag and the University of Ife, right?

I seem to recall that a Nigerian woman has won the prestigious Miss World title before, and oooops, was she a great yoruba beauty, or simply one okoro from the Niger Delta? Hmmmm.

you simply must be living under the Rock all this while or your agbero brothers that brought you to Lagos have cooked up stories for you. So Lagos was not on the path of development before the discovery of oil? Its like you are a new kid on the block!! Just 26 posts and you are already thinking and posting like a Bloody Simpleton.
Gray Beard:

Now, you insult another tribe needlessly: but you do not even have the schooling to write proper English: just have a look at the bolded, and realize you still have to return to primary school, friend.

look at somebody that have qualitative education, i hope you know the difference between this two : and , just look at your post and you will know who is more educated between us. ODECHUKWU
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by GrayBeard: 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^ Lol, you are such an illiterate that you still don't recognise the bad English i pointed out to you. Here it is again -

Can you spot it yet?

Go to school, negro.
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by GrayBeard: 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2011
Let's keep looking at your shocking English. Here's another one -

seanet02:

look at somebody that have qualitative education, i hope you know the difference between this two : and , just look at your post and you will know who is more educated between us. ODECHUKWU

Can you see your tabon again, or do you need me to point it out to you?

You should be banned from speaking English. Stick to your native tongue, ok?
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

You are just splitting hairs

Your post is also replete with a lot of "ibons."
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by GrayBeard: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^ Examples?
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

You start!
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by joeyfire(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2011
All this vitriol becaiuse some people have a bug up their a.s.s.e.s about Igbos and read every statement as a declaration of tribal war.no wonder this country is backward and nigerians are regarded as clowns abroad. Thats always been the problem with naija, so much hot air and not much intelligence
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by seanet02: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
Gray Beard:

Now, you insult another tribe needlessly: but you do not even have the schooling to write proper English[b]: [/b] just have a look at the bolded, and realize you still have to return to primary school, friend.

No 1: Using Now followed with comma should have been followed by either a Request, command, question or an Exclamatory sentence. Minus one
No 2: What is that sign am seeing there? is it suppose to be there?
No 3: Yet you still repeat the same mistake. Minus three

.First of all, you are new to forum posting!! You can post without looking at all this you M>O>R>O>N. You can let us start an English composition Debate and see who will be shoved aside
Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by seanet02: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
Gray Beard:

Abeg, she is called Agbani Darego, from the other side of the Niger -
You sure? Search the whole East and North and bring out a man that can Match the C.V. of the man below

Re: Who Does Tinubu Think He Is? Why Does He Think That Acn Owns Sw Of Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^^

Nuclear option grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are People Cussing Out At Jonathan? / GEJ/PDP Witch-hunt:efcc Arrests Kano Assembly Speaker, Seven Other Members / Free PMP Training Videos And Download Free Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.