Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts (1527 Views)

Help Me With #1000 To Office Tomorrow ,I Am Stranded Pls / How To Turn A Rejection Into A Job Opportunity / I Have A Bank Interview Tomorrow, I Need Help On What To Prepare For(firstbank) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
This thread is about the kind of people you are likely to hire and how your employees can spoil your company.

Will you hire? when you become a CEO tomorrow A

Dropout?
High GPAs?
Low GPAs?
SSCE?

Like you all know mine. I will hire more of dropouts because academia's instructions on students are misleading.

They believe in big grammars
They believe that a report book with lesser words are worthless.
They believe in stiff words than being conversational.

These qualities can scatter the well being of your customers if you focus on high GPAs alone when hiring people.

2 Likes

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by sonofthunder: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
Are you asking us to dropout of school so you can employ us 'tomorrow'? grin

10 Likes

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
sonofthunder:
Are you asking us to dropout of school so you can employ us 'tomorrow'? grin

Not really, I know you are joking. But not everybody can dropout of school. Some poor youths that are bright in business may not be oppurtuned to finish school. So does it mean they should not be hired again? They can finish school from my company.

3 Likes

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by onyegwu(m): 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Accardo419:

Not really, I know you are joking. But not everybody can dropout of school. Some poor youths that are bright in business may not be oppurtuned to finish school. So does it mean they should not be hired again? They can finish school from my company.
Your likes do not really know the importance of a well rounded educated society all your lots we always think about is work, business etc. The little sanity we enjoy in this country today is because of few available folks that are educated. If we all stop going to school you will not have a country to do this your business because what you will have is a banana republic. A failed state. Don't use poor as a bargaining chip for our youths please basic education does not cost a teeth and an arm. If you want to understand what I am saying look closely to the north and give me your submission. Let our youth use their youthful age for education it will help us to have a far more better society to live in and also a productive one at large.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by KristaPretty(f): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
I will hire whoever I feel can do the job.

2 Likes

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
onyegwu:
Your likes do not really know the importance of a well rounded educated society all your lots we always think about is work, business etc. The little sanity we enjoy in this country today is because of few available folks that are educated. If we all stop going to school you will not have a country to do this your business because what you will have is a banana republic. A failed state. Don't use poor as a bargaining chip for our youths please basic education does not cost a teeth and an arm. If you want to understand what I am saying look closely to the north and give me your submission. Let our youth use their youthful age for education it will help us to have a far more better society to live in and also a productive one at large.

You are not making any point. Stop spoonfeeding the audience for some supports. Think about the thread before hitting the reply button.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
KristaPretty:
I will hire whoever I feel can do the job.

Very important. Its not by how long you have been doing it, but how well you have been doing it. Thats why years of experience doesn't matter when hiring.

1 Like

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by CindyBotuonye(f): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
I always see people castigating when others choose to do things differently. For me, I’ll hire dropouts too. I’m not saying that will be the only basis for employment but all I’m saying is, I’m gonna give them a chance too. I know how it feels like to not be able to complete your education for one reason or another. Btw, I think employment should be based on individual capabilities and not just something a piece of paper says. That means, I’ll conduct psychometric tests on every candidate to determine their unique traits and abilities instead of letting some piece of paper tell me who to hire and who to not. For the guy saying stuff about not understanding education, he clearly doesn’t understand human resource management or anything about running a successful company. A simple research or him becoming a CEO himself will enlighten him.

2 Likes

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Vyzz: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are going to become a CEO tomorrow?...

Bro, pls hire me...
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
CindyBotuonye:
I always see people castigating when others choose to do things differently. For me, I’ll hire dropouts too. I’m not saying that will be the only basis for employment but all I’m saying is, I’m gonna give them a chance too. I know how it feels like to not be able to complete your education for one reason or another. Btw, I think employment should be based on individual capabilities and not just something a piece of paper says. That means, I’ll conduct psychometric tests on every candidate to determine their unique traits and abilities instead of letting some piece of paper tell me who to hire and who to not. For the guy saying stuff about not understanding education, he clearly doesn’t understand human resource management or anything about running a successful company. A simple research or him becoming a CEO himself will enlighten him.

Exactly anybody can write a compelling CV, so as a manager watch them work for a while before hiring them. Don't focus on what they have done but what they can do now. Top motoring companies will map out 19 minutes of work for their intending employees to see if they can truly do as their résumé says.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by maxwell767(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
I don't understand, is there a certificate for dropouts now?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
maxwell767:
I don't understand, is there a certificate for dropouts now?? undecided undecided undecided

Sometimes it doesn't matter on the inside world. Its only important on the real world.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by sonofthunder: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
Accardo419:

And what's the difference between dropouts and graduates in Nigeria? Many people consciously dropout today to setup businesses. My point is your view on issues is a little flawed. You make it seem like people who may lack the right competencies should be employed while others who worked hard to develop themselves should be overlooked. Go to many establishments and you'll see how this manifests in several forms.

I have no problem giving equal opportunity to everyone if it is genuine. Many graduates we have today are graduates simply because of how they bribed/manipulated their way through. Also many dropouts are dropouts not because of a lack of opportunity, but because of a poor attitude towards learning.

1 Like

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by sonofthunder: 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Accardo419:

Bros, why you add 419 to your moniker na? I been wan drop CV before oh
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by sonofthunder: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
CindyBotuonye:

If you've seen/encountered the decay amongst youths and teenagers today, you'll do everything to discourage people from dropping out out of school. But don't get me wrong, I'm not invalidating you or the op's point, I regularly have this bad habit of forcing people to view things from other angles.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
sonofthunder:

Bros, why you add 419 to your moniker na? I been wan drop CV before oh

Ogah drop CV no fear lol
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Promotions: 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
I totally understand the op..being a dropout doesn't mean the person is a dullard or will perform less than a graduate..for me I will employ based on abilities, skills and hardwork, I don't care about your certificate.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Lush100(m): 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
Anyone who says years of experience does not matter doesn't know anything about business/persistent/motivation and results. They are looking for quick fixes or they want to hire people that want to slave.
I don't have the time to write alot today but that's my quote for this thread
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Coldie(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
Sometimes reason not to hire a drop out is that, for someone not to have the discipline to finish his own education na ur work him want take serious?
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
Lush100:
Anyone who says years of experience does not matter doesn't know anything about business/persistent/motivation and results. They are looking for quick fixes or they want to hire people that want to slave.
I don't have the time to write alot today but that's my quote for this thread

Years of experience are overrated when you have the time you can type why you think they are not over rated in the business world.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Kingnelson9: 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
it depends on the department of ur business which requires them.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by davillian(m): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
I won't employ dropouts
But the job would only be available for 3rd class and lowers....
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
davillian:
I won't employ dropouts
But the job would only be available for 3rd class and lowers....

They are also good. The best people are everywhere.
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by WhisperedNoise: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2020
OP made very good points.
I feel we should just balance it.
Have your certificates; get education but also.be skillful, diligent and knowledgeable.

Both certificates and skills are important, but on the scale of priority, skills come first.

1 Like

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by milky3(f): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2020
that's a good move, but while u hire them encourage them to finish up
Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
milky3:
that's a good move, but while u hire them encourage them to finish up

I stated it somewhere. Should be my reply to someone they will finish from my company.

1 Like

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by lilmax(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lol

At what stage in their lives do you hire them? When they drop out of secondary school or university?

The problem is, most of you idolize the "mark zukerberg" dropped out of school line without comparing the education we receive and the ones they receive before dropping out.

1 Like

Re: When I Turn A CEO Tomorrow I Will Hire Dropouts by Accardo419(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2020
lilmax:
Lol

At what stage in their lives do you hire them? When they drop out of secondary school or university?

The problem is, most of you idolize the "mark zukerberg" dropped out of school line without comparing the education we receive and the ones they receive before dropping out.

He went ahead to finish school. Dropout doesn't mean illiterate

(1) (Reply)

30,000 Naira Task / Abj Recruits / Any News On Insight Nigeria Test Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.