Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! (2570 Views)

I’m Not Ready To Attack Jonathan Yet, But He Misruled Us - Kenneth Gbagi / Patience Jonathan Yet Blows Another Grammar Again At Rivers / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by wales(m): 6:36am On Feb 23, 2011
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida yesterday denied insinuations that President Goodluck Jonathan had sealed a deal with presidential aspirants of northern extraction on the platform of the PeoplesDemocratic Party (PDP) and the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF).

According to media reports, the PDP presidential candidate, in his meeting with leaders of the NPLF and the individual presidential aspirants had assured them that he would not seek re-election in 2015.

But while confirming entreaties from President Jonathan to support his presidential aspiration, the former military president said he never at any time reneged on the stand point of the NPLF on zoning.
He, however, noted that he was never opposed to dialogue on national politics with President Jonathan in the interest of Nigeria.

In a press statement signed by his media aide, Kassim Afegbua, General Babangida also denied that the NPLF had dropped its position on zoning.

“We have been inundated with telephone calls and text messages from our numerous supporters nationwide over the news report that indicated that a deal had been sealed between President Goodluck Jonathan and former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.

“On behalf of General Ibrahim Babangida, GCFR, I wish to state that up till this date, Tuesday, 22nd February, 2011, no deal has been sealed.
“Let me state in very clear terms that there are overtures being extended by the Jonathan/Sambo campaign organization being led by the President himself, to the Northern Political Leaders Forum on the need for reconciliation in order to boost his campaigns.

“Even at that, there is nothing to suggest that a deal has been struck. There is a clear distinction between General Ibrahim Babangida as a private citizen and the Northern Political Leaders Forum led by Mallam Adamu Ciroma. This distinction must be properly understood each time the media tries to draw its conclusions. It should also be noted that General IBB has access to Mr. President and can engage him anytime in the interest of the country.

“Expectedly, any presidential candidate should ordinarily reach out to those he feels could enrich his campaigns and support base. It is a usual democratic and electoral practice that is not peculiar to us in Nigeria. It is also expected that when such a candidate is reaching out, certain convincing reasons would be advanced to woo his potential supporters.”
The statement said while it was not out of place for President Jonathan to reach out to people he felt could enrich his campaigns, it was out of place for the media to run into premature conclusion that a deal has been struck as if the object of political participation is to appropriate the collective destinies of Nigeria in naira and kobo.

“General Ibrahim Babangida is not a dealer. He has never been a dealer and he does not intend to be one. He is a distinguished elder statesman who is not persuaded by pecuniary benefits but a leader who is genuinely concerned about the development, unity and stability of the country.” The former military president, according to Afegbua subscribes to the principle of collective bargaining as well as constructive engagement in any national interest that must be canvassed. IBB said if he would engage in any dialogue with Jonathan, such must be constructive, adding that the subject matter must really center on the unity of Nigeria and stability of the country, just as he noted further that he was still a member of PDP and would be willing to help the party succeeds once the internal contradictions were sorted out. “It should be understood that the idea being sold out that President Jonathan would serve one term as a precondition for getting the Northern support is non-applicable. By law, if President Goodluck Jonathan gets re-elected, he would be statute-barred from contesting in 2015 having been sworn-in twice. General Ibrahim Babangida remains passionate about one Nigeria and would go to any extent to sustain that ideal.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/23/national-23-02-2011-04.htm
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by apoti(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2011
wales:

“General Ibrahim Babangida is not a dealer. He has never been a dealer and he does not intend to be one. He is a distinguished elder statesman who is not persuaded by pecuniary benefits but a leader who is genuinely concerned about the development, unity and stability of the country.” The former military president, according to Afegbua subscribes to the principle of collective bargaining as well as constructive engagement in any national interest that must be canvassed. IBB said if he would engage in any dialogue with Jonathan, such must be constructive, adding that the subject matter must really center on the unity of Nigeria and stability of the country, just as he noted further that he was still a member of PDP and would be willing to help the party succeeds once the internal contradictions were sorted out. “It should be understood that[b] the idea being sold out that President Jonathan would serve one term as a precondition for getting the Northern support is non-applicable. By law, if President Goodluck Jonathan gets re-elected, he would be statute-barred from contesting in 2015 having been sworn-in twice[/b]. General Ibrahim Babangida remains passionate about one Nigeria and would go to any extent to sustain that ideal.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/23/national-23-02-2011-04.htm

There is fire on the mountain
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by juman(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
Shiooorrrrr on PDP
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by juman(m): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
By voting PDP, you vote for Obasanjo and IBB control on Nigeria.

Don't waste your vote.
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by Muza(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
IBB: No deal yet, we still bargaining
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by omo9ja1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
hmmmmm IBB again! 9ja still in the hand of the past worst leader I pity my dear Country aluta continue victory is asata
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by Cyborg2011: 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2011
juman:

By voting PDP, you vote for Obasanjo and IBB control on Nigeria.

Don't waste your vote.

omo9ja1:

hmmmmm IBB again! 9ja still in the hand of the past worst leader I pity my dear Country aluta continue victory is asata

I suspected this for long, i know this for sure, these people they know how to play with our intelligence very well, people under the control of very devious and smart politicians (military experience+corruption), sorry for naija, praying for complete change one day, I begin to jealous for Ghana,
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by aljharem(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2011
it just shows how corrupt GEJ is undecided
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by cyril10(m): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2011
I'm begining to hate this forum called naira land, most of the people that post here, post as if they never touched the forewalls of secondary schools not to talk of the university and these are the people that claim to be very educated.

When it comes to the issue of JEG here, people post as if they have lost their ability to think properly, they yarn rubbish that doesn't have a meaning
so many things are being posted here that i have come to realise that they really doesn't make sense at all, people here should try to be more reasonable when posting, no wonder i hardly read posts from foreigners on this forum since it seems that people are no longer making sense here.
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by tlops(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
wales:

By law, if President Goodluck Jonathan gets re-elected, he would be statute-barred from contesting in 2015 having been sworn-in twice. General Ibrahim Babangida remains passionate about one Nigeria and would go to any extent to sustain that ideal.”

How come this law does not apply to Governors eg Akala,
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by Beaf: 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
cyril10:

I'm begining to hate this forum called naira land, most of the people that post here, post as if they never touched the forewalls of secondary schools not to talk of the university and these are the people that claim to be very educated.

When it comes to the issue of JEG here, people post as if they have lost their ability to think properly, they yarn rubbish that doesn't have a meaning
so many things are being posted here that i have come to realise that they really doesn't make sense at all, people here should try to be more reasonable when posting, no wonder i hardly read posts from foreigners on this forum since it seems that people are no longer making sense here.

I share your views. Many people do not realise how brain dead they sound when they make obtuse statements with pride; its like they think such behaviour will somehow convince anyone, all they end up doing is creating a low opinion of their abilities to reason logically.

@topic
GEJ is decimating Chiroma's camp with a sledgehammer and a quiet smile. His target is obviously not the old bat, or IBB, or Atiku; it is their followers and we can already see that his how overtures have devided the zoning camp in just a few short days; within the next two weeks, it'll be bye bye Ciroma. Quietly done, neatly dusted.
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by Solomon227(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
cyril10:

I doubt if you are a Nigerian.

So our president is importing dust-bins from UK and you expect us to hug him and shout dansaki bah?

Our president plane was used in flying an accused criminal from Ibadan to Abuja to caste vote and we should keep quiet?

Our presidents have 133 aides on jumbo pays while 50% of Bayelsa state have not been reached by national grid, make we dey worship him bah?

Our president friends are :OGD (confirmed looker/killer), OBJ (grandfather of looters), Anenhin (Mr fix-it), etc so those are our friends ?

Since he came in the foreign reserve has depleted by over 50% with nothing to show for it and u still think we are talking thrash?

Guy this is Nairaland and we dont need any morafoka foreign posts from your likes. U can emigrate to Rwanda 4 all we care, those of us that believe in Nigeria will do everything to make sure right things are done in our fatherland.
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by mrperfect(m): 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
Thank you for your time.
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2011
Solomon227:

So our president is importing dust-bins from UK and you expect us to hug him and shout dansaki bah?

Our president plane was used in flying an accused criminal from Ibadan to Abuja to caste vote and we should keep quiet?

Our presidents have 133 aides on jumbo pays while 50% of Bayelsa state have not been reached by national grid, make we dey worship him bah?

Our president friends are :OGD (confirmed looker/killer), OBJ (grandfather of looters), Anenhin (Mr fix-it), etc so those are our friends ?

Since he came in the foreign reserve has depleted by over 50% with nothing to show for it and u still think we are talking thrash?

Guy this is Nairaland and we dont need any morafoka foreign posts from your likes. U can emigrate to Rwanda 4 all we care, those of us that believe in Nigeria will do everything to make sure right things are done in our fatherland.

Well said, here on nairaland we speak the truth as we see it, raw undiluted if u don't like it , go boil stone to cure your illness, NONSENSE!!!!
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by aljharem11(m): 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
Solomon227:

thank you, the best response for an ignoramus cheesy
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by sadyeek(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2011
[/quote]I'm begining to hate this forum called naira land, most of the people that post here, post as if they never touched the forewalls of secondary schools not to talk of the university and these are the people that claim to be very educated.

so many things are being posted here that i have come to realise that they really doesn't make sense at all, people here should try to be more reasonable when posting, no wonder i hardly read posts from foreigners on this forum since it seems that people are no longer making sense here.[quote]

If e pain u so much go hug transformer
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by okunoba(m): 3:08am On Feb 25, 2011
@Solomon227, the support for Presidor Goodluck isn`t so much based on how great we think he his performing or what great future he as for Nigeria, no, the support is based on fairness and equity. The North, West and South east have all ruled this country, but the country as not benefited from it. The same pressing issues still persist.

Why not give the South South, a region that as never ruled, but as being feeding Nigeria for over 40yrs, a chance to rule and test power. Yoruba man don chop, Hausa man don chop, Igbo man too don test power, na only the oil people no go chop or test power. Abeg make una go sit down. On a more serious note, having a minority from the oil producing areas will go a long way in  showing that they are equal partners in the federation and can aspire to any office in the land. The other aspirants are not any better, they are just like your average Nigerian, y waste vote on them, when u can use the same vote for the only thing it`s good for, Nation building.

Goodluck isn`t the problem of Nigeria, we as a people are the problem. Until we as individuals can make that change, to work honestly, without corrupt practices and learn to be fair, we will always produce your Buhari, Goodluck, OBJ, IBB and the rest of them. The so called leaders come from amongst us, they are no aliens, but your average Nigerian. They are us as much as we are them. We need to start looking in the mirror. Corruption Corruption, Custom man go complain, police man go complain, even civil servant go complain, driver too go complain, house help too complain, oga self nko na complain. The reality is, if they just take a look in the mirror, they will see that corruption complain in themselves. No be only Presidor de chop, the man his just like most of us Nigerians. We have to make that change.
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by frgy1: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2011
^^^^ so its about 'chop chop' now abi
We are talking about how to fix Nigeria and you are talking about regional embezzlement rotation
Big full
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by HERO111: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2011
okunoba:

@Solomon227, the support for Presidor Goodluck isn`t so much based on how great we think he his performing or what great future he as for Nigeria, no, the support is based on fairness and equity. The North, West and South east have all ruled this country, but the country as not benefited from it. The same pressing issues still persist.

Why not give the South South, a region that as never ruled, but as being feeding Nigeria for over 40yrs, a chance to rule and test power. Yoruba man don chop, Hausa man don chop, Igbo man too don test power, na only the oil people no go chop or test power. Abeg make una go sit down. On a more serious note, having a minority from the oil producing areas will go a long way in  showing that they are equal partners in the federation and can aspire to any office in the land. The other aspirants are not any better, they are just like your average Nigerian, y waste vote on them, when u can use the same vote for the only thing it`s good for, Nation building.

Goodluck isn`t the problem of Nigeria, we as a people are the problem. Until we as individuals can make that change, to work honestly, without corrupt practices and learn to be fair, we will always produce your Buhari, Goodluck, OBJ, IBB and the rest of them. The so called leaders come from amongst us, they are no aliens, but your average Nigerian. They are us as much as we are them. We need to start looking in the mirror. Corruption Corruption, Custom man go complain, police man go complain, even civil servant go complain, driver too go complain, house help too complain, oga self nko na complain. The reality is, if they just take a look in the mirror, they will see that corruption complain in themselves. No be only Presidor de chop, the man his just like most of us Nigerians. We have to make that change.

the only  reasonable and unbiased  post for now as far as this topic is concerned. Weldone
Re: No Deal With Jonathan Yet –ibb ! by EOS(m): 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
So there is going to be a deal between the two and others? That means national cakes to be shared among a few Nigerians!

(1) (Reply)

A / Petrol Shortages May Linger For Two Weeks / Ibb's Son, Mohammed, Among Jonathan's Approved Board Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.