Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded (814 Views)

When They Tell You That Konji Can Kill You / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Why Do Christians And Other Religious Folks Do This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Xmuslim: 4:37am On Sep 08, 2020
Recently I have noticed the religious folks using this term carelessly and I found it amusing grin. This is what I think they meant.

They are asking you to submit your brain to the teachings of their particular religion. do these folks even know the definition of open mindedness?

8 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Lol.. Open heart to love for God is the best definition

1 Like

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Xmuslim: 6:10am On Sep 08, 2020
Kittex7:
Lol.. Open heart to love for God is the best definition
which of the gods sir? Allah? Yahweh? Zeus? Chrishna?

3 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by hakeem4(m): 6:19am On Sep 08, 2020
They’re just telling you believe that a donkey can talk, a snake can talk to a woman or Mohammed can fly on a horse to heaven. They just want to force these things down your throat by force without you arguing with them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 6:35am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:

Which of the gods talks about love? Which God says He is Love? This your rationale that since there are many persons, therefore there is no Person is amusing.

1 Like

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by illicit(m): 6:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Proselytizers....

They are telling u to take leave of your senses lmao

don't mind dem

5 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by MJBOLT: 7:00am On Sep 08, 2020
there are dozens of gods that preach love,nothing special there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_love_and_lust_deities
Image123:

Which of the gods talks about love? Which God says He is Love? This your rationale that since there are many persons, therefore there is no Person is amusing.

4 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:
I don't know any name sir but the Creator of the whole universe.. You can call the name anyone your religion calls it... But the Omnipresence the created that entire universe.. Thanks sir
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Bacteriologist(m): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2020
Kittex7:

I don't know any name sir but the Creator of the whole universe.. You can call the name anyone your religion calls it... But the Omnipresence the created that entire universe.. Thanks sir

Allah, Yahweh and Odin all have the properties you listed. You still have to be more specific. which god?

1 Like

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:
Recently I have noticed the religious folks using this term carelessly and I found it amusing grin. This is what I think they meant.

They are asking you to submit your brain to the teachings of their particular religion. do these folks even know the definition of open mindedness?

Aswrrrr.....

And the other popular phrase...."ask the holy Spirit to reveal it to you"

Useless scams

4 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2020
illicit:
Proselytizers....

They are telling u to take leave of your senses lmao

don't mind dem

grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2020
MJBOLT:

No mind them.....the Christians destroyed the other religions and stole part of their doctrines

2 Likes

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
MJBOLT:

These are mythological deities associated with romance, sex, lust, or sexuality. They don't teach preach anything or claim to preach anything. Being open minded to love God in the context kittex mentioned is evidently missing. i am certain you have not read from any of these so called sexual gods. Stay on point, you have read enough verses, chapters and books from the God inferred than to be so dull as to ask which gods.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by MJBOLT: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2020
same way your christian god is a myth or do you have evidence to prove other wise and at least 10 of the gods there are for marriage and family and not lust or romance but typical nigerian christian,he wont read to gain knowledge and unlike your blood sucking god,these gods do not kill babies or brag about creating evil.

Image123:

These are mythological deities associated with romance, sex, lust, or sexuality. They don't teach preach anything or claim to preach anything. Being open minded to love God in the context kittex mentioned is evidently missing. i am certain you have not read from any of these so called sexual gods. Stay on point, you have read enough verses, chapters and books from the God inferred than to be so dull as to ask which gods.

1 Like

Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
MJBOLT:
same way your christian god is a myth or do you have evidence to prove other wise and at least 10 of the gods there are for marriage and family and not lust or romance but typical nigerian christian,he wont read to gain knowledge and unlike your blood sucking god,these gods do not kill babies or brag about creating evil.

Maybe you should remove the word "mythological" from my statement and read again. It's not the point, it was your link that called them so. The point is your dullard confusion as to ask which of the gods. How many of the dozens of gods have preached to you that you are confused? How many religious folks tell you to be open minded to the love of God or love God? How many texts or messages did you get that got you so befuddled?
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Allah, Yahweh and Odin all have the properties you listed. You still have to be more specific. which god?

Which one is Odin BTW, na film character?
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Blabbermouth: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
hakeem4:
They’re just telling you believe that a donkey can talk, a snake can talk to a woman or Mohammed can fly on a horse to heaven. They just want to force these things down your throat by force without you arguing with them
Talking audibly to a man in America while I'm in Nigeria(thousands of miles away) through a small box called the telephone.. Is more of a miracle than a donkey talking.
If Man achieved such miracle, angels(if they exist) should be able to do better. If there be a God somewhere and he can't make donkeys talk, he is no god at all.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by MJBOLT: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2020
you must be suffering from severe dementia,when did i ask you which god?you better scroll up and check who did and stop this show of foolishness,no religious re.tard has ever preached love,all they do is preach eternal damnation and threaten you with hell fire and there is nothing loving about a blood sucking god that kills babies for fun.

Image123:

Maybe you should remove the word "mythological" from my statement and read again. It's not the point, it was your link that called them so. The point is your dullard confusion as to ask which of the gods. How many of the dozens of gods have preached to you that you are confused? How many religious folks tell you to be open minded to the love of God or love God? How many texts or messages did you get that got you so befuddled?
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2020
MJBOLT:
you must be suffering from severe dementia,when did i ask you which god?you better scroll up and check who did and stop this show of foolishness,no religious re.tard has ever preached love,all they do is preach eternal damnation and threaten you with hell fire and there is nothing loving about a blood sucking god that kills babies for fun.

Toh, you took up xmuslim's post, idea and view as your own na. Now you are denying him. Who wants to be long associated with folly? You answered for him by chuking mouth that there are dozens of gods.
Open your mind to the love of God. Jesus loved you. Ret.ards don't preach that of course. But i am sure you have heard it countless times except you live in a hole.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by MJBOLT: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
how does contributing on a thread translates to me asking which god?you are more stupid than i thought.i should open my mind to a god that loves killing babies and threaten people with eternal damnation grin if that is love to you then i'll pass.

Image123:

Toh, you took up xmuslim's post, idea and view as your own na. Now you are denying him. Who wants to be long associated with folly? You answered for him by chuking mouth that there are dozens of gods.
Open your mind to the love of God. Jesus loved you. Ret.ards don't preach that of course. But i am sure you have heard it countless times except you live in a hole.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by hakeem4(m): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Talking audibly to a man in America while I'm in Nigeria(thousands of miles away) through a small box called the telephone.. Is more of a miracle than a donkey talking.
If Man achieved such miracle, angels(if they exist) should be able to do better. If there be a God somewhere and he can't make donkeys talk, he is no god at all.
so telecommunications is now a miracle grin grin ; Abeg which school did you study science again?
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Blabbermouth: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
hakeem4:
so telecommunications is now a miracle grin grin ; Abeg which school did you study science again?
Don't be unfortunate... No one in 900 years B.C will believe such is possible. You see it as "telecommunications" because you are a modern man.. They will see it as a miracle!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
With man's advance in Bio-technology, give him a 1,000 years and He (man) will make donkeys talk.
If the natural can achieve this, then the supernatural (super than natural) will definitely do better.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by IMAliyu(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Don't be unfortunate... No one in 900 years B.C will believe such is possible. You see it as "telecommunications" because you are a modern man.. They will see it as a miracle!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
With man's advance in Bio-technology, give him a 1,000 years and He (man) will make donkeys talk.
If the natural can achieve this, then the supernatural (super than natural) will definitely do better.
The difference is the knowledge of man (science) is observable, proven, can be studied and recreated which is from the understanding of rules the universe.

We are still waiting to observe miracles (not anecdotes or stories, but a total suspension of the natural order of the world) for a donkey to fly or a newborn infant to talk for example. Such a thing should be more possible to prove now a days considering a lot of people carry a device that can record and take pictures.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Normal God
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by IMAliyu(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
Image123:

Vishnu
Why not open your mind to his love?
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
Xmuslim:

One of the things they mean is don't be critical of their religion ie don't poke holes in the narrative that showcases why the religion doesn't make sense.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
IMAliyu:

Vishnu
Why not open your mind to his love?

i'm open. What about it?
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by IMAliyu(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2020
Image123:

i'm open. What about it?
Vishnu part of the Hindu trinity/triad. Along with Brahma (The father and creator) and Shiva (destroyer of evil).

He is the god of love and protector.
He incarcerates as Buddah and Krishna among others, as a hero or to teach people.

Will you be able to accept him as your lord?
Over a Billion people already do.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Blabbermouth: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
IMAliyu:

The difference is the knowledge of man (science) is observable, proven, can be studied and recreated which is from the understanding of rules the universe.
Physical is observable, proven, can be studied and recreated with physical means. Spiritual is observable, proven, can be studied and recreated with spiritual means.

We are still waiting to observe miracles (not anecdotes or stories, but a total suspension of the natural order of the world) for a donkey to fly or a newborn infant to talk for example. Such a thing should be more possible to prove now a days considering a lot of people carry a device that can record and take pictures.
Did Mohammed do anything supernatural? Well an hadith said "water gushed out of his fingers"... Going by using physical means, what Mohammad did was a scam.
PS: I would have answered differently if you were atheist.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by IMAliyu(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Physical is observable, proven, can be studied and recreated with physical means. Spiritual is observable, proven, can be studied and recreated with spiritual means.

Did Mohammed do anything supernatural? Well an hadith said "water gushed out of his fingers"... Going by using physical means, what Mohammad did was a scam.
PS: I would have answered differently if you were atheist.
Ok then how does one go about to prove or observe the spiritual?
And if it can be studied and recreated then that means it can be utilized and expected to work as consistently as any tool in man's disposal.

What makes you think I'm not? Anyway my religious inclination is rather ambiguous.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by OtemAtum: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
Image123:

Which one is Odin BTW, na film character?
Odin is one of the early beings(god). You can read extensively about him in the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY. Currently Odin has joined the gods of science in the universal explorations and he doesn't associate with religion anymore. Check for Odin in verse 5 below.

1. And while Nymphidis was away in the pit, many rulers began to emerge. And the sons of God which are called gods and their wives which are called goddesses took over all the lands. And the lands were split into different fragments. And there were villages and towns and cities and countries and tribes.
2. For each god taught his own people how to speak in the language he had chosen.
3. And Vishinus was he who taught many of the languages spoken by those in the countries which were in the land of Largas. And also was Mazda and Bajang , Jing, Barong , Basuki , Caishen, Batara Gura , Paradjartbut and thousands others.
4. And the gods in the land of Chichaleb were Tatji, Wondjina, Papang, Namorodo, Julana, Goanna, Gnowee, Bobbi and thousands other. This continent of Chichaleb were two continents before, until the two sons of God called Chaleb and Chimides became bossom friends and made decision to come together permanently.
5. And the gods in the continent of Nymphidis were Jupitus, Bragi, Loki, Venomus, Janus, Apollyon(also called Apollo), Sol, Odin , Bacchus and thousands others.
6. And the gods in the continent of Euchlydes were Mango, Chia, Eldorado, Colo, Jurupari, Sigo, Abe, Tamula and thousands others.
7. And the names of the gods in the continent of Ephradite were Coyote, Bototo, Xena, Sin, Gaol, In at half and thousands others.
8. And the gods in the country of Murmoh were Moloch, Anubis, Oghene, Apophis, Geb, Aje, Chuku, Olorun, Abassi, Faro, Gamab, Mulungu, Mbere and thousands others.
9. And the gods and goddesses ruling on the surfaces of the waters were Eartum, Osun, Gong Gong, Poseidon, Lotan, Idemili, Yemoja, Kuraokami, Watatsumi and thousands others.
Re: What Religious Folks Mean When They Tell You To Be Open Minded by Image123(m): 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
IMAliyu:

Vishnu part of the Hindu trinity/triad. Along with Brahma (The father and creator) and Shiva (destroyer of evil).

He is the god of love and protector.
He incarcerates as Buddah and Krishna among others, as a hero or to teach people.

Will you be able to accept him as your lord?
Over a Billion people already do.

Okay, interesting resume. So does Vishnu require that he be my lord? Where and why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scriptures That Prove A Woman Who Is Born-again Is The Equal Of A Born-again Man / Nigerian Soldiers Sacrifice More For You Than Jesus Christ / Celestial Church Of Christ Meet Me Up Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.