Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,357 members, 7,836,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home (417 Views)

Very Distressing Transcription Of Audio Btw Greenwood And Girlfriend(Graphic) / AFCON 2019: Adama Niane Sent Home For Slapping Team Captain / AFCON: Amr Warda Sent Home From Egypt Over Leaked Chat With Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home by vegafbs: 9:27am On Sep 08, 2020
The duo of Mason Greenwood and Phil Foden have landed in England following the axe recieved after breach of COVID-19 guideline rules.

Recall a report yesterday said that two girls posted photographs of Greenwood, 18, and Foden, 20, on social media, showing them in clear breach of the guidelines set by the FA.

The young Mason Greenwood and Phil Foden only made their international debuts on Saturday, with Foden starting and Greenwood introduced as a second half substitute in the 1-0 win over Iceland.

In a press conference on Monday, Southgate discussed the matter.

“Unfortunately this morning it was brought to my attention that the two boys have broken the COVID-19 guidelines in terms of our secure bubble,” he began. “We had to decide they couldn’t have interaction with the rest of the team.

Southgate described the young pair as ‘naive’ and said they had both apologised for their conduct.

“I think at the moment I’m trying to take a lot of information in,” he said.

“Obviously they have been naive, we have dealt with it appropriately. I recognise their age but the whole world is dealing with this pandemic.

“I’m a father with children, young adults, I know people get things wrong. I’m not excusing that in this instance.

“These are two boys I don’t know particularly well at the moment so can’t speak in great depth. I have got to try and speak with them later in the appropriate way. They have got responsibilities and they have apologised.”

Manchester City and Manchester United both released statements condemning the actions of their respective player.

It is clear that Phil’s actions were totally inappropriate,” City said of Foden’s conduct.
“His behaviour not only directly contravenes strict guidelines related to Covid-19, but also falls well below the standard expected of a Manchester City player and England international.

“The club supports the FA regarding this incident, and officials from the club are now in touch in relation to Phil’s enforced early return to the UK.

On Greenwood, United said: “Manchester United are liaising with the Football Association and are disappointed with the actions of Mason Greenwood over this situation.”

https://www.ngtimes.net/2020/09/greenwood-and-foden-land-in-england-after-being-sent-home.html

Re: Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home by Madibah(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2020
Something must kill a man grin

1 Like

Re: Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home by majamajic(m): 9:31am On Sep 08, 2020
grin grin grin

Sex , very sweet but too much problem
Re: Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home by david290(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2020
Young players who don't know what to prioritize and lacking self discipline. Just like Jovic who should be working to rebuild his dying career but instead chose to host a party for his girlfriend. Or a Sterling who would rather prefer pictured with a thot than work on his clinical abilities. This is the reason we would never see another Messi or Ronaldo anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Greenwood And Foden Land In England After Being Sent Home by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
Madibah:
Something must kill a man grin
is dat all you can say about this matter?

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Of PSG Was Sent Off For The Brawl On The Game Against Marseille. / RIP!! Chelsea Lose Former Striker Robson / Hazard Will Explode At Real Madrid In No Time – Courtois

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.