Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,662 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike (2506 Views)

EFCC Secures Seven Convictions In Ibadan, Osogbo / Protest In Osogbo Over Insecurity / EndSARS: "Secret Meeting" With Emefiele, Dangote Amplifies Confusion In Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Nemere2020: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2020
Some protesters hit the streets of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Tuesday, to protest the increase in the pump price of petrol and the hike of electricity tariff.

POLITICS NIGERIA gathered that the protesters, who comprised of students, workers, and civil society groups, were led by the Chairman, Joint Campus Committee of the National Association of Nigerian Students, Mayowa Opakunle.

The protesters gathered at the Awolowo Junction area of the state capital to express their displeasure, while they carried placards with different inscriptions and saing anti-government songs.

Speaking to reporters, Opakunle said that protesters are against the increment of the fuel price and the electricity tariff, noting that Nigerian are suffering due to the impact of COVID-19 on the economy.

He condemned the policies of the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, describing the government’s action as wicked and one that lacked sound judgment.

In a related development, students under the aegis of the National Association of Nigeria Students on Tuesday staged a protest in Osogbo, Osun State capital, against the recent increase in pump price and electricity tariff.

The protesters took off from Freedom Park, Osogbo, and moved through MDS road to Olaiya Junction, chanting anti-government songs.
https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-protests-rock-ibadan-osogbo-over-electricity-petrol-price-hike/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Ogbuu101: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2020
Osun state voted for next level after a disastrous 4 years of change.
They must cool down and enjoy next level.

5 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Lipscomb(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
Electricity is what I hate most.
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Osun state voted for next level after a disastrous 4 years of change.
They must cool down and enjoy next level.
Electricity is very constant in almost everywhere in Osun state. Transportation fare is also cheap.

Yet, dem still com out to protest grin

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by heendrix(m): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
sad
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by GamalNasser: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
The South West actually put us in this mess because the made their judgement based or primal sentiments instead of common sense and today they are out protesting ... Suprisingly the SE is calm because they already anticipated and have been increasing their hustle to buffer the fall out of Buharis incompetence ..Like i tell zombie even if petrol gets to 1000 naira a litre we wailers can still afford it but can they ...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Ogbuu101: 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
Electricity is very constant in almost everywhere in Osun state. Transportation fare is also cheap.

Yet, dem still com out to protest grin
Rice is 12k for 50kg bag in Osun too,I witnessed this last week I was there.
I wonder why they're complaining. grin

5 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by colorsofrainbow: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
Me wondering the kinda lie the next APC presidential candidate will tell zombies again to convince them to vote in 2023...I know numerous zombies will still attempt vote them into power after crying upandan from bubu's heavy hammer grin
I'm glad zombies are feeling the heat more grin
Sai buhari!!

9 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Samfloxin(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
I am ready to join the protest in Onitsha
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by dynicks(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
Oh ! The matter spread reach that side too....

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by tamdun: 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
The South West actually put us in this mess because the made their judgement based or primal sentiments instead of common sense and today they are out protesting ... Suprisingly the SE is calm because they already anticipated and have been increasing their hustle to buffer the fall out of Buharis incompetence ..Like i tell zombie even if petrol gets to 1000 naira a litre we wailers can still afford it but can they ...
Shut up, Igbo people did not come out during the election so stop blaming yoruba people, if u are looking for who to blame, blame u people that gave atiku lowest votes in all regions

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by LegendHero(m): 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2020
Alright cool.
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by 2020Experience(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
More to come

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Yobabad: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
This people again, you can imagine people that claim to be sophisticated and yet voted Buhari for second term, infact Buhari is far better than Tinubu in terms of leadership

6 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by gurunlocker: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:

I understand your sacarsm, but he is very right about the Electricity. Those guys enjoy electricity like mad!
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by IamWonderful: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
Poverty capital of the south have
started crying again, insatiable animalistic grotesque products of baby factories

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by seborrhic: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
Story.
After a 2hr protest,they would return back to their huts and empty stomachs and be cursing Buhari in their minds at night.
What is happening in Nigeria is the price of cowardice.
From the history of Nigeria,no people revolution has ever taken place and it's now even looking more unlikely one would ever take place.
It was only when a few aggrieved,hot headed military officers felt aggrieved that a change of government revolution took place.
Nigerians have been jazzed into suffering and keeping silent,even when they see death coming.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by mightyhazel: 2:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
And so it was that 6 years on after that infamous statement,..electricity (and every other living indices) remained ,infact degenerated into some infinitely complex Rocket,drone and robotic sciences,all rolled into one...

hehehe
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Smoke55: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
Hehehehe Thought The Hike In Electricity And Fuel Only Affect The 5%? How Come The 95% Zombies Are Protesting?....The Last People I Expected To Stage A Protest Against The Hike Are Afonjaz....Bunch Of Pathetic Fallen Demons.

6 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by mightyhazel: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
IamWonderful:
Poverty capital of the south have
started crying again, insatiable animalistic grotesque products of baby factories
you and this lone pic...

remember for every single Igbo vagrant,there are atleast 1million rubber plate waving beggarly kids from your region... reason for the frustrated obsession with the picture

7 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Noloss(f): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Lier Mohammed. Pls can u buy for me whenever you r visiting.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by dynicks(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Rice is 12k for 50kg bagin Osun too,I witnessed this last week I was there.
I'm surprised that was the only thing u noticed...bros I'm telling u right now that about 95percent of the youths in osun state have been employed and have started working....I took a ride through their villages, omo! See massive rural development and upgrade of utilities...Armed robbery and kidnap now is a thing of the past over there....I overheard someone say that before the end of next year, that osun state would have developed to become the next Dubai in Nigeria......same goes to other states within that region...They really have been enjoying the change they clamored for..!

Those protesting are ipob members grin

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
#RevolutionNow
Stop this suffering
Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2020
Buhari is a SCAM grin grin grin grin

This one got me rolling on the floor because am sure this is one of his voters.

But wait ooo. Did people need until now to understand that Buhari is a scam?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by kettykings: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
Killing themselves over Niger delta oil

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
Yorubas voted Buhary because of Osinbajo and the few with herd mentality who follow Tinimbu as the saviour of SW.

Also the speaker of the house is Yoruba man.

No Yoruba man is suffering under Buhary.

This is fake news.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by irepnaija4eva(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lol.. People from the east warned you.. But una tag them wailers, haters grin grin..

Now the heat done reach everybody grin grin cool

Just calm down... 3 more undiluted years of anguish remain..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by T9ksy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
RonaldoVido:

Yorubas voted Buhary because of Osinbajo and the few with herd mentality that see Tinubu as the saviour of SW.

Also the speaker of the house Is Yoruba man.

No Yoruba man is suffering under Buhary. This is fake news.

cheesyAnother sore loser, spotted.

Honestly, you guys are just incorrigible! You guys are still blaming yorubas for Buhari's re-election success as if the so-called "town fulani" aka Atikuthief, you were all solidly lionising, would have done any different.

Some yorubas (not all) only voted for Buhari simply because of the incompetence and kleptomania , that was the hallmark of your "kinsman" JohnDaft's tenure, who am sure if he is still around would have sold the country to the highest bidder. This was the same yidiot who told us "Stealing is not corruption".

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by T9ksy(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2020
irepnaija4eva:
Lol.. People from the east warned you.. But una tag them wailers, haters grin grin..

Now the heat done reach everybody grin grin cool

Just calm down... 3 more undiluted years of anguish remain..

Same way , we warned you myopic, greedy and covetous folks to let the northerners be, in 1960 but you claimed they were your brothers from another mother.............just to spite the progressive yorubas.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by stacyadams: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
Smoke55:
Hehehehe Thought The Hike In Electricity And Fuel Only Affect The 5%? How Come The 95% Zombies Are Protesting?....The Last People I Expected To Stage A Protest Against The Hike Are Afonjaz....Bunch Of Pathetic Fallen Demons.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Protests Rock Ibadan, Osogbo Over Electricity, Petrol Price Hike by adioolayi(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heroes In The Just Concluded Election in Edo State (pictures) / Shehu Sani Reacts To Oyedepo Sacking 40 Pastors Over Poor Renumeration. / Which Governor Wins The All-time Award Of The Highest Looter Since 1999?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.