Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band (45838 Views)

Supreme Court Discards Deposition By CSU Based On 180-Day Time Frame / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Queues To Remain Until Full Deregulation / Full Deregulation Of Petrol Price Coming - Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by viralinfo: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
the agency’s Executive Secretary, Abdulkadir Saidu, stated that going forward, PMS price would be determined by the forces of demand and supply and the international cost of crude oil.[i][/i][color=#000000][/color]

Bad economic knowledge , the economic idea of law of demand and supply is a bad economic knowledge...economic is far above demand and supply

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by GamalNasser: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2020
JAMO84:
And so what? Niger is poorer than us, but they buy petrol 360 per liter

Where do you people get this idea thatvthe average Nigerian is better of than the average Nigerien...lets do numbers ..

49 percent of Nigers population is poor while in Nigeria it's currently 50 percent of the population that's dirt poor under Buhari ...Nigeria has the highest number of poor people in the our Solar system , there are 90 million very poor people in Nigeria which about 4 times the entire population bof Niger... Besides we are a major Producer of oil while Niger imports all it's product so you cant compare both please

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by ThatFairGuy1: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
baralatie:

ompetition works well if you are producing.That is many players are producing the same products to get market share of a target buying population.This is not the case with the nnpc and downstream.

The allerged players are pre-qualified,selected and they source the product from a producer in competition with other foreign marketers trying to get the same product to their own countries.
the outsourced product is now held by marketers to supply the market for a fee.
if the source goes up the selling price will go up.it does not follow the law of demand and supply at the other end
Now I reason with you. Apt!
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2020
infohenry:
Then scrap useless agency.

They are now useless cheesy
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Elsueno: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
JonCleary:

Look, the difference between Nigeria and all those places is that they enjoy economies of scale where transportation, electricity and haulage is concerned.i.e. they have functional mass transit, power grid & rail. Those three services are the mainstay of any modern economic system.

Nigerian entrepreneurs depend too much on petrol for those three things, if the price fluctuates inflation will go through the roof, because once the price of a consumer good goes up it never comes down.

This latest policy has the potential to kill the Naira completely.

Thank you jare!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2020
omenka:
Get the fvck out of my sights. Go lean on another shoulder to cry over your loss of yesteryear.

I get irritated seeing all you emotional kids rant and rave over the past, same thing you tend to forbid others from doing.

Nigerians didn't allow Jonathan do it not because of hatred but because the timing was wrong and his government had chronic trust deficit. Deal with that and stop whining like a little girl denied her toys.

So now is the right time? During a pandemic and with tarrif hikes left, right and centre?
What makes you think people trust them now but did not trust the jonathanians? What is your measurement yardstick as per trust? Is corruption not also thriving in this government?
Let's stop emotional outbursts and reason the matter based on facts! Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by tot(f): 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
rejoice4eva:
Painfully the government has failed to put any reasonable palliative measure in place to safeguard the interest of the already impoverished populace. Almost the price of everything , especially staple foods has skyrocketed.
Only God can save us .

THAT is part of the issue.

Doing the right thing at the wrong time makes a nonsense of the right thing.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Sparrow99(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
I still recall how APC and it's cronies almost eliminated our beloved Ngozi Okonjo Iweala when she insisted that former President Goodluck should remove subsidy on PMS. Ironically, the same guys are today bragging that they are the ones courageous enough to remove subsidy... Shameless and clueless guys indeed

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by tot(f): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
baralatie:

Competition works well if you are producing.That is many players are producing the same products to get market share of a target buying population.This is not the case with the nnpc and downstream.

The allerged players are pre-qualified,selected and they source the product from a producer in competition with other foreign marketers trying to get the same product to their own countries.
the outsourced product is now held by marketers to supply the market for a fee.
if the source goes up the selling price will go up.it does not follow the law of demand and supply at the other end

Exactly
Unfortunately, Nigerians will soon realise this (in the hard way).
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
There can't be full deregulation while NNPC remains the sole importer of PMS
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by proclinician: 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
amc:

Ok o. Una never see anything.

All those shouting deregulate, deregulate don't understand what they are saying. Welcome to reality.

Exactly. Poor bastards are on this thread screaming deregulation. Poor idiots that earn 30k as minimum wage, they don't understand. When you deregulate an essential commodity like PMS you put in palliatives to cushion impact such as cheaper transport alternatives, steady power supply and removal of all checkpoints on the road but patrol security teams instead. Without these things the salaries of these poor people bcoms more useless as general price level will increase. Poor monkeys have no idea.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by OdefaGirl(f): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
End of discussion cool cool

They've washed their hands like Pontius Pilate grin grin grin grin. Game players.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
infohenry:
Then scrap useless agency.

What about Petroleum Equalization Fund? The fraud in the downstream sector will still continue in PEF. The only thing is that the major fraud (subsidy) has been tackled.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by murade: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
[yes]

Everyday is always a tough day in naija[/quote]
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2020
Best thing to happen to Nigeria
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by RockyEyo(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
He shock you

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by OlujobaSamuel: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
baralatie:

you are still going to answer this question with the above examples if you remove the officers.the problems will be reborn
No it won't. There is no major Nurtw personality in Ìyànà Ipaja again.
Bunkering was high during GEJ time generally so it has reduced.
Despite the reduction, there is a place it still goes on in Lagos (a well developed part, Ijegun Isolo road) till sometimes last year when there was fire outbreak.
Turning the nation to a militarized state has not proven to be effective.
Increased violent activity is more rampant that previously experienced.
There should be a better way to address pockets of violence we experience without having to turn it to a war situation

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by hayzed1090: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2020
omenka:
Get the fvck out of my sights. Go lean on another shoulder to cry over your loss of yesteryear.

I get irritated seeing all you emotional kids rant and rave over the past, same thing you tend to forbid others from doing.

Nigerians didn't allow Jonathan do it not because of hatred but because the timing was wrong and his government had [b]chronic trust deficit. [/b]Deal with that and stop whining like a little girl denied her toys.

And this government deserves 100% trust from us. For once, Cant you people comment without sentiment ? .
It really baffles me that an acclaimed educated person supports APC and PDP scams .
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by jericco1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2020
A very unfortunate government
Well na everybody dey hear am
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by zinodizt: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2020
So timing is right now
omenka:

Nigerians didn't allow Jonathan do it not because of hatred but because the timing was wrong and his government had chronic trust deficit. Deal with that and stop whining like a little girl denied her toys.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Angelfrost(m): 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2020
rowosky:
The Price is about to go up.
Nigerians should brace for impact.

That's how it is meant to be... It is called 'Growing pains'!... If this had been allowed to sail in 2012, or had been done by these morons in 2015, when power changed hands, we would have long outgrown the pain or impact, and the nation doing far better financially.

It is a sad thing that Nigerians and their leaders lack foresight... That's why Africa is so behind!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Angelfrost(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
omenka:

The pathetic irony of the above in bold makes even a neutral like me laugh!!!... An honest Nigerian is more scarce than ice in Sahara!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Crowdsource: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
omenka:
If this would ensure the subsidy regime never comes back, so be it. I'm sick and tired of that fraud.

If we must suffer, let it be once and for all. This unending rollercoaster of pains and succour does no one no good.

You took the words outta my mouth...
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by jesmond3945: 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
Deregulation is good. Time to make money for the youths.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by abbiboy: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2020
rejoice4eva:
Painfully the government has failed to put any reasonable palliative measure in place to safeguard the interest of the already impoverished populace. Almost the price of everything , especially staple foods has skyrocketed.
Only God can save us .

Next level....fully loaded.
Enjoy!! grin
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by PeacenLove2: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
As I predicted again earlier on another thread the Naira has fallen today again and the price of fuel will have to go up or Buhari will need to start paying subsidy again by Monday ..this announcement is a face saving measure from the embarassment of another fuel increase just one week after the last was done .. well Nigerians should be ready to buy fuel at about 220 before December

Ayam telling you!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2020
Lol. Well technically its possible but thats where economics will come in.

A lot of people move around too much and buy and drive cars cuz fuel is affordable. When they make it unaffordable, then the following will happen:
1. Most fuel people buy is for commuting to work and back. Discussions for people to start working from home permanently and maybe just come to the office once in 2 weeks will happen.

2.Ride sharing will become the order of the day as guys will team up and fuel a guys car for the week, then another person's car.

3. People will start trekking more especially for within movement.

4. Online shops will surge in profits as people will prefer to buy and pay a delivery fee which will be less.

5. Less traffic as few cars will be on the road as a result. The few times people really need to go out the road will be at least free saving fuel.

6. V6 and v8 cars will become junks as smaller cars will become more attractive. Only the truly rich can now afford to drive one.

So in the end it does not matter if they band and make it 1000/liter. A lot of people will simply not be able to buy and drive as regularly as they do and they will be forced to drop their cars and limit movement as much as possible. They can no drink their fuel. Literally.

JonCleary:

This can't work in Nigeria because marketers will simply form a cartel meeting informally to fix a base price that guarantees 100% markup and then what will PPPRA do about it?
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by favor914: 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
As I predicted again earlier on another thread the Naira has fallen today again and the price of fuel will have to go up or Buhari will need to start paying subsidy again by Monday ..this announcement is a face saving measure from the embarassment of another fuel increase just one week after the last was done .. well Nigerians should be ready to buy fuel at about 220 before December
During covid lockdown when the price of crude fell in the international market you were hailing?, & now that it is high you are complaining? No more subsidy it is gone for good., someone actually said this yesterday on Nairaland, that until he sees the Government stop setting the price of pms, then, & only then will he believe subsidy has been removed, I guess now he believes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) / Oba Akiolu: Nigerians In Washington-DC Protest (photos) / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.