Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

I Knew Of A Cousin With 3 Kids... And Why No Economic Condition Should Scare You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Knew Of A Cousin With 3 Kids... And Why No Economic Condition Should Scare You (160 Views)

Don't Let Resume-gap Scare You, Here's What You Can Do / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Knew Of A Cousin With 3 Kids... And Why No Economic Condition Should Scare You by planetpgold(m): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2020
Hello Colleague,

Timothy Here Again,

Ever since I was old enough to talk, people have always complained that every new year has always been worse than the previous years (if you disagree, check the prices of an egg from 1980 to date). It has been accepted as truth and an event that will always happen.

Personally, I don't bother myself regarding this because it is not within my control. That is, the economic policies and unrealistic plans by the government are not what I have control over; I don't have a choice than to follow it.

A classical example was the further reduction of (investment / savings) interest rate, an increase of Value Added Tax from 5% to 7.5%. I don't have an option than to comply because it has been automatically added to the purchase of goods or services. Even, when the fuel price was increased, it is not within your control to reduce it. Except you reduce your consumption of it.

Whether you will remain in your current job for the next 5 years or not is not within your control. I knew of a cousin with 3 kids who lost his job because the owner of the company sold major shares of the company to a new investor. The new investor overhauls the entire operation. Overhauling, re-engineering, down-, left- & right-sizing are not new after all, you have loved ones who must have lost their jobs or experienced a huge salary cut.

However, what you have control over is what happens to you. When you invest in yourself, you seldom stay at the bottom for long and when attacked by conditions outside your control, you easily recover in a twinkle of an eye because you have so much invested in your growth to an extent that no economic condition scares you. You have paid your dues through sacrificing immediate gratification then invest in your personal development training and nothing can you from reaching your goals.

I hope this is you and if not...Get started when time is still in your favor.

Want to join this few people who don't complain about the policies whether it is favorable or not? Invest in the Financial Analyst Pro bundle. Call or Chat Admin on 08082366372, 08106989785 before it expires on Friday 11th September, 2020

Click on the below link

https://platinumgoldsolutions.com/finbus/

to get started and forget what the inhumane government policies can do for you and focus on what you can do for yourself and your community.

You are the only one that can stop you from reaching your goals.

Dedicated to Your Vision and Success,
Tim Jibodu, FCA

(1) (Reply)

How To Negotiate Salaries Professionally. / Sure 100%payment After Winning / Called To Bar[color=#990000][/color]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.