Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ (327 Views)

Bagudu: Shasha Mayhem Not Tribal Conflict But Spontaneous Reaction To Emotions / D.a Governorship Candidate, Deputy Stir Emotions In Akwa Ibom Community / Fact Check : A Video Claiming The The Church Is In Danger In Nigeria Is False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
In light of the recent events about hate speech and the current administration of government proposing a social media bill that monitors the social media activities of its citizen, I decided to come up with this.

It's no news that the government of Nigeria has not been acting in the best interest of the populace especially in the face of the current pandemic. I am not happy with the way things are being run in Nigeria myself just like many people on social media.

But at this critical time when emotions are running high, the poverty level is increasing, the unemployment rate is increasing and all other ills in the society, it is pertinent we take control of our emotions and keep our sanity in check as people even on social media.

The news about a certain Solomon Akuma trended some months ago who was arrested for posting several derogatory comments on social media. He was charged with terrorism and denied bail in court. It couldn't help but imagine the amount of hardship he will face for a comment which is obviously borne out of hatred for the administration.

A lot of political activists voice out their criticism about the government without being incriminated. People are really taking the freedom on social media for granted. The reason why the Lai Muhammed wants the hate bill passed ASAP.

I see many people wishing government officials death, threatening, and all manner of extreme comments, and I just concluded that a lot of us have already allowed our emotions to get the better of us.
If you want to criticize, do it plainly with your chest. If the government can't take it and they go overboard, I'm certain there are scores of people ready to come out for you.

My point is that irrespective of the case, we as citizens should know how to comport ourselves in matters relating to governance. Let's learn to criticize responsibly and constructively.

Thank You.

Re: Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
What do you think?

Laslasticlala
Re: Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ by DrGoodman: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
"If you talk, you die. If you don't talk, you still die" Solomon Grundy -- 1903
Re: Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ by Minsk24: 8:25am On Sep 09, 2020
We have to talk and keep talking, their advantage is the fear they have instill in us... We should get more rebellious against this evil corrupt regime...
Guys continue speaking out especially on Twitter
Re: Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2020
Minsk24:
We have to talk and keep talking, their advantage is the fear they have instilled in us... We should get more rebellious against this evil corrupt regime...
Guys continue speaking out especially on Twitter

You are right, very but let's not incriminate ourselves while doing so.

That's just what I'm trying to pass across.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: Trump Asked Me Why I’m Killing Christians, And I Replied… / LEAKED: Moment Obaseki Seen Singing Praises Of Tinubu (video) / Nigeria Faces Total Collapse, Extinction, Soyinka Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.