Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari (952 Views)

Why Are You Killing Christians In Nigeria?: Buhari Recalls Meeting With Trump / Buhari: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by sarrki(m): 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2020
TRUMP ACCUSED ME OF KILLING CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA BUT I TOLD HIM FARMERS-HERDERS’ CLASH WAS CULTURAL, NOT ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS — BUHARI
For the first time since he met the United States President Donald Trump in Washington in April 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari disclosed Monday that Trump unequivocally accused him of killing Christians in Nigeria.

However, he said he defended himself, telling Trump that the conflict between farmers and herders in Nigeria was caused by cultural matters and not dictated by ethnic or religious factors.

Buhari, who said he was put on the spot by Trump when he was alone with him, alleging that he (Buhari) was slaughtering Christians in Nigeria, added that the question startled him but he put his emotion under control.

The president, who made the disclosure when he deviated from his closing speech at the end of a two-day ministerial retreat in the Presidential Villa, said he was the only African leader from less developed countries that was invited by Trump at the time.

He asked his cabinet members how they would feel if they were the ones put on the spot and confronted with such a grave allegation, disclosing that he further told Trump that the conflicts were caused by successive leaders of the country who tampered with established grazing routes.

According to him, only Nigerian leaders in the First Republic kept grazing routes while subsequent ones encroached on them, adding that the crisis was older than him and much more than Trump whom he said he was still older than.

“I believe I was about the only African among the less developed countries the President of United States invited, and when I was in his office, only myself and himself. Only God is my witness. He looked at me in the face. He said ‘why are you killing Christians?’

“I wonder if you were the person how you will react. I hope what I was feeling inside did not betray my emotion. So, I told him that the problem between the cattle rearers and stagnant farmers I know is older than me, not to talk of him (Trump). I think I am a couple of years older than him.

“With climate change and population growth and the culture of the cattle rearers, if you have 50 cows and they eat grass, any route to your water point, they will follow it, it doesn’t matter whose farm it was.

“The first republic set of leadership was the most responsible leadership we ever had. I asked the minister of agriculture to get a gazette of the early 60s which delineated the cattle routes where they used meagre resources then to put earth dams, wind mills even sanitary department.

“So, any cattle rearer that allowed his cattle to go to somebody’s farm is arrested, taken before the court, the farmer is called to submit his bill and if he can’t pay, the cattle are sold, but subsequent leaders, VVIPs (very very important persons) they encroached on the cattle routes, they took over the cattle rearing areas.

“So, I tried and explained to him this has got nothing to do with ethnicity or religion. It is a cultural thing which the respective leadership was failing the nation,” he said.

Buhari also spoke about his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the promises it made to Nigerians when it was campaigning for election, pleading with the elite to be fair in their assessment of his government.

He asked them to reflect on the state of infrastructure and the price of crude oil per barrel in the international market before he came to power and what it was when he took over government activities.

He told members of his government to implore their friends to reflect on what his government has achieved, saying he’s doing his best with the two chances that God has given him to be in power.

He said: “The next problem I want to tell you is how we found ourselves when I say us I mean members of the APC, when we promised three things, security, economy and fighting corruption. We repeated the same thing last year.

“But I want the Nigeria elite please encourage us and judge us fairly when we came. Between 1999 and 2014, I will like you to please check the average (crude oil) production was 2.1m barrels per day, the average cost was $100 per barrel.

“When we came it collapse to $37 to $38 per barrel and the militants were unleashed on the administration, the production went down.

“I want you to please reflect what was the condition of the infrastructure then in spite the earnings, the roads, there was no power and up to now there is no power. Where did the money go?

“So, please encourage your friends the elite to reflect on what this administration has done, what APC has done and what we have achieved. Well I am doing my best, God has given me two chances.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by slivertongue: 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
of course u did

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Goldencheese(m): 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2020
Your best is not enough even for a small country not to talk of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by slivertongue: 11:58pm On Sep 08, 2020
u didn't defend yourself in Washington but returned to Nigeria to inflate u?
ur person and understanding two yrs later. abi u dey fear trump

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Useless President

3 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by MrColdsweat: 12:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Why has no herdsman been prosecuted under buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Aladdin1(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2020
Nigeria has the worst president in the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by BafanaBafana: 12:06am On Sep 09, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Why has no herdsman been prosecuted under buhari?
You are just ignorant
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by BafanaBafana: 12:08am On Sep 09, 2020
Buhari kenan.
When he speaks, those who love him are endeared to him the more, and those who hate him go beserk

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Queenttoast01: 12:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Trump knew Fulani's derives pleasures in killing their fellow being and Buhari is of no difference to his kind. grin

If Trump can't trust Buhari with the fact that he knew he is the President of his contry before he could say such, we would be the greatest fool if we do. Trust no one.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by MrColdsweat: 12:11am On Sep 09, 2020
[s]
BafanaBafana:

You are just ignorant
[/s]

I was talking to sensible people and not worshippers of the paedophile prophet.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Mokason28: 12:12am On Sep 09, 2020
This Buhari should please shut up already.... the next day May 1st 2018 you ordered your boys to set a twin bomb in a mosque in mubi that killed over 24 people just to prove to trump that Muslims are also targeted by bombers
You can only foooool Yoruba Muslims with your lies undecided because I’m certain that wasn’t a coincidence Oga Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by donjazet(m): 12:13am On Sep 09, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Lovelive: 12:16am On Sep 09, 2020
What this shiit poo is saying ?

1 Like

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by illicit(m): 12:29am On Sep 09, 2020
Why are u giving amnesty to bandits and BH terrorists
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by GamalNasser: 12:33am On Sep 09, 2020
No wonder zombies hate Trump so much
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by GamalNasser: 12:33am On Sep 09, 2020
Mokason28:
This Buhari should please shut up already.... the next day May 1st 2018 you ordered your boys to set a twin bomb in a mosque in mubi that killed over 24 people just to prove to trump that Muslims are also targeted by bombers
You can only foooool Yoruba Muslims with your lies undecided because I’m certain that wasn’t a coincidence Oga Buhari

Oh I see
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Racoon(m): 12:37am On Sep 09, 2020
Trump knows Mr.lifeless wella.Why will he not ask you since the world renown fulani/BH terrorists are all pursuing the same ethno-religious supremacist & jihadist agenda yet your government have been covertly & overtly supporting their activities?

1 Like

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by DaddyRochie1642: 1:15am On Sep 09, 2020
I just Love Donald Trump

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 09, 2020
I hope what I was feeling inside did not betray my emotion

You were feeling nothing. Trump said you were lifeless
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Ogbuu101: 4:16am On Sep 09, 2020
May Allah continue to punish Mubarak Obama for helping to foist this ongoing disaster called Borrowhari on Nigerians.
Amin
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Commonsense99: 4:28am On Sep 09, 2020
grin
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by CodeTemplar: 4:29am On Sep 09, 2020
Trump was right. killing by omission is equally as bad as kill by commission.
Re: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians In Nigeria-buhari by Mynd44: 4:35am On Sep 09, 2020

(1)

North Floated Operation Shege Ka Fasa. Which State Legislature Approved Them? / Do You Support Legalizing Arms In Nigeria? / Open Letter To Wike And Buhari: Deploy Military Aircraft To Rivers Now, ESN Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.