Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations (12013 Views)

Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban / Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team / Caster Semenya Can Compete Again After Swiss Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by ddeola: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
A true fighter.
Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
garetz:
This is not fair, her condition is natural, she didn't take drugs

It is all due to the color of her skin.
Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
Smif:
Let's not make dis abt color pls
Wic white looked like her n has been allowed to continue running?
Make dat tin go run wit men if e wan prove say wetin man de do woman fit do am

If we allow am, soon, some oyibo go go do plastic surgery for man to de run for women races jus to b winning anyhow

Make una open una eyes. If it wasn't for the cor of her skin, she wouldn't be going through this. Those evil white folks even tried the same bullshit with Serena Williams because she couldn't just stop winning. Look at the klitschko brothers who dominated heavy weight boxing for years due to their size, if they were blacks the white folks would have termed that to be undue advantage.
Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by thundafire: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

My take is this
1. If he/she is an Amerphrodite, then he/she shouldn't compete in gender related games.
2. If he has a testis and no ovaries: then he's a male and should compete with males.
3. If she has ovaries and no testis: then she's a female and should compete with females.

The two main female sex hormones are estrogen and progesterone. Although testosterone is considered a male hormone, females also produce and need a small amount of this, too.

If the argument is ONLY that she produces higher testosterone as a female, then the argument is lame.
she produces a very high testosterone that's why. Her fellow ladies she was competing with did dey reporting.
Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ogbeni shut up, you're a man !
Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by shadeyinka(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
thundafire:
she produces a very high testosterone that's why. Her fellow ladies she was competing with did dey reporting.
It simply means that they are discriminating over what she has no control over. And her case is like disqualifying a goalkeeper for being 7 feet tall.

The issue is if genetically as a man I am so buoyant in water, would I be required to take drugs to diminish my buoyancy?
If I am 10feet tall s a man, would I be forced to reduce my height to compete in a basketball tournament?
Note:
The average man all over the world have a height of an average of 5 feet 6 inches. The average basketballer is 6 ft 2

It is the same argument.

1 Like

Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by Slimpotter(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
thundafire:
She can't have a man strength in the congregation of fellow women na haha,that's cheating take dey dose to reduce ur strength to a normal female.

But it's not her fault, she was born that way.
Would you say princes of monarchies are privileged and should relinquish their royalty and hustle fairly like others?
Re: Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations by KingRabota: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2020
The issue at hand isn't a case of woman doing better at things a man can do. Sire.

Semanya is being victimised because of the way her God created her.
Imagine you having a genetic mutation that's makes 50% smarter. You are now being asked to take DUNCE pills to lower your IQ to the level of everyone else. How would you feel ?
Something your God give you 0 !!
Caster has been the victim of a malicious smear campaign to diminish her as an athlete and as a person. I can only imagine the kinda medical examinations she's been subjected to in the IAAFs quest to prove that she's a man. And she
She came up clean.

So to " level the playing field" they now want the young lady to " Dope " herself in into psuedo normalcy.

It's obvious that the management of world athletics are afraid that a black will pack home all the medals and trophies in any category she completes in

thundafire:
they ain't penalizing her but want her to take dey dose. Aman strength is by far stronger than a woman. Why do t men and women compete in the same competition and see if any woman will win.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ola Aina Signs For Torino Permanently / FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. / Mohamed Salah’s Record And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.