Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. (12004 Views)

Pictures And Videos Of The Super Falcons In Morocco For The Nations Cup / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down / NFF Vows To Unmask Man Who Harassed Super Falcons In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by naptu2: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
FIFPRO is the Fédération Internationale des Associations de Footballeurs Professionnels (in English: International Federation of Professional Footballers). Basically the international union of footballers.

FIFPRO @FIFPRO

#FIFPRO statement on behalf of Nigeria women's national team:

https://twitter.com/FIFPRO/status/1688878004565368834

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by naptu2: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Being reposted by Super Falcons players.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by naptu2: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
I have written about this many times. In 2016 the Super Falcons had to protest on the streets of Abuja about the fact that the NFF had not paid them. Their travel arrangements from Cameroon were a disgrace. The NFF blamed Coach Florence Omagbemi for failing to prevent the players from protesting and they frustrated her out of the job.

In 2019 the Falcons staged a sit in protest at their hotel. The NFF blamed Captain Desire Oparanozie for the protest and froze her out of the team. Coach Thomas Dennerby resigned in protest because the NFF were interfering with his team selection by preventing him from selecting Desire.

There are many Nigerian coaches of the Falcons that are still being owed since the early 2000s.

The Banyana Banyana Miracle Vs. The Super Falcons Miracle
https://www.nairaland.com/4873799/banyana-banyana-miracle-vs-super

Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France
https://www.nairaland.com/5260668/super-falcons-protest-unpaid-bonuses

Oparanozie: I’m Proud To Have Led Falcons Bonus Protest In 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/6347809/oparanozie-im-proud-led-falcons

1) Super Falcons players protesting outside the National Assembly in 2016

2) Super Falcons players protesting outside the Aso Rock Villa in 2016 (they were met by the late chief of staff Abba Kyari).

3) Super Falcons players protesting in 2016

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by naptu2: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
More

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by BOSSkesh(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2023
Everybody else recognizes the super falcons and the matches they played, calling it a masterpiece and unfair that we lost to England
Why can’t NFF recognize and celebrate our players
They bled green for us
They should be praised
Corruption of the highest order
Spits on NFF

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by BOSSkesh(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Shame on nff
Amaju pinnick should be arrested and interrogated for the massive fraud going on in the NFF since he became the chairman
What is wrong with that man

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Welrez(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
This is a national disgrace, why is the ICPC or EFCC not looking into this case?

9 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by BOSSkesh(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
The super falcons should be paid their full money
They really tried and made this country proud

11 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by shadrach77: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Seems the NFF does not respect women. They owe the men too but not as much as the ladies. This is a real international embarrassment cry

Remi Tinubu who was busy using them for political advantage while they were still in the tournament should intervene now kiss

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by obo389(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nigerians are never honest with responsibilities.
Shame on them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Manny21: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
As long these rogues are in control of NFF, Nigerian football will continue to be stagnant. Everything is politicized

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by oscaruzie(m): 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
thankfully, the girls are fortunate being backed up by an international body, albeit the exposure of the crimes NFF has committed against them down the years.
it's sickening, tbh, very sickening, as to the level of greed and gluttony certain people in power have, to the 'death'riment of the electorate.
i tell people that care to listen, corruption is everywhere, even in the abroad...but you see those with conscience? they do it at an unnoticeable level, little wonder they quickly resign once they're caught or even suspected...but these lots we have in these parts? no conscience, no soul, evil is an understatement, they're lost, and don't even know it.
their time will come. it's a given. maybe not now, maybe not in 10 years.
but their time will come.
their supporters, hmm...it is well...

7 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by christejames(m): 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
This is good and at the same time a big shame to the administrators and leaders in Nigeria 🇳🇬 that international bodies no longer view them as trust worthy embarassed

Well, when you have an illegitimate president at the top, who would see you as a honest being? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Cotonou12: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
Omo NFF too d kill players morale

3 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Judolisco(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nff should stop disgracing themselves.... Fifa should involve d EFCC... That's d best way... All dis don't involve d government rule in football should not apply to Nigeria... We jst dey 2 corrupt

2 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by gift01: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Some people Dey use this girls take cash out steady

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by southsouthking(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
National disgrace.

1 Like

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by GanagiBitrus: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
This is a National embarrassment. Why can't those culpable be fished out and punished

2 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by ManishSmith(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Looters works overtime to loot everything and anything, and Tinubu govt wouldn’t stop it cuz he is still working with same looters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Ikemba007: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Which assistance?

They are shamelessly owing. They should just pay.
No long thing. grin

1 Like

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by olakrim(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Why is nobody blaming Amaju Pinnick or prosecute him? Why are people not calling him out because to me he is the architect of these whole shit.

AMAJU PINNICK should questioned!
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by BoldBrainz(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
One APC bastard will soon come in here to lambast the falcons and claim they're being influenced by the Igbo girls in the team to protest and give the government a bad name.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by humberjade: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Those ladies ought to be paid all their entitlements, people should go to the social media pages of the President, First Lady, and Senate President to air the concerns of those ladies, only that way would the shameless NFF be forced to do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by just2endowed: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
When people that doesn't know football or soccer, the money in the federation will be seen as a way to siphon money since government agencies can't interfere In how those crooks spend dollars.

FIFA should start deducting all payments to be sent to NFF in any contribution and use it to settle those players with interest.

That's the best bet to deal with those highly corrupt people in glass house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
APc administration embarrassing Nigeria since 119bc
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
NFF AKA the most corrupt football association in the whole world..............Our queens ought to be recognized and celebrated.............
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by wman(m): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
International disgrace.

Mad NFF
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Motisuccess9: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Niger military govt. shutdown air space for ecowas and the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peea-fgD_SA
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by stano2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Big shame.
What exactly is NFF doing with the money, it's not as if the money wasn't available.
Who are those thieves stealing from this ladies.
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by Agbajefunds: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Okay
Re: FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. by naptu2: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
naptu2:
The Super Falcons also staged a sit-in protest after the African Women's Championship in South Africa in 2004. They refused to leave their hotel until they were paid.

Consequently they missed their flight to Nigeria and became stranded. President Olusegun Obasanjo had to send the presidential jet to pick them up.

Agony of ex-Super Falcons coach, Godwin Izilien 12 years after Nations Cup triumph in South Africa

By Gowon Akpodonor |   30 December 2016   |   2:04 am

In 2004, Coach Godwin Izilein led the Super Falcons to win the African Nations Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was the fourth AWC title for Nigeria.

Twelve years down the line, the coach, now 74 years old, and the rest of his coaching crew are still being owed salary arrears of over $28,750, out of which, $12,000 of the amount belongs to Izilien.

As in the case of the Coach Florence Omagbemi-led Super Falcons squad that won the recently concluded 2016 African Women’s Nations cup in Cameroun, the team to the 2004 AWC in Jo’burg was not given any chance by the then NFA board led by Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima before their departure for that championship.

With determination, however, Izilien and his players fought and won the battle, beating the Lionesses of Cameroun 5-0 in the final with Perpetua Nkwocha (now an assistant coach of the team) accounting for four goals plus a late strike from pocket dynamite, Vera Okolo.

Millions of football-loving Nigerians back home celebrated the victory late into the night, but unknown to them, Coach Izilien, members of his coaching crew and the players were being subjected to derision in far away Johannesburg.

Sensing another round foul play when the Galadima-led NFA defaulted in paying all entitlements after the competition, the girls protested by refusing to leave their hotel rooms the next morning for the airport, insisting on getting their camp allowances and winning bonuses.

“The team was abandoned by the Federal Government delegation, but as a coach and father to the players at that point in time, I had to stay back with them until the Nigeria Consulate intervened by paying the players’ entitlements,” Izilien recalled in a chat with The Guardian yesterday. “I took the pain to stay back with them because abandoning the girls at that point would be seen as unprofessional. But I was pleading with them to end the protest since we were in another country, but they refused.

“So many Nigerians who did not even know what transpired between me and the players in Johannesburg started to spread rumour back home that I instigated the players to embark on the protest. Some ‘bad belle’ people even went as far as saying that they saw us displaying Biafran flag while protesting on the streets of Johannesburg. I am an Edo man, and I have not seen a Biafran flag in my entire life. All the rumour were meant to spoil the mind of then President Olusegun Obasanjo and members of the Federal Executive Council,” he said.

Speaking further, Izilien, who also led the National U-17 team, Golden Eagles, to the African Championship in The Gambia in 1995 said: “Some of the Super Falcons players I took to South Africa in 2004 were relatively young. I discovered them during school competitions, and it is only fair that government should have appreciated my efforts. I am only using this medium to appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari, the Vice President, Prof. Yomi Osibanjo, Senate President, Bukola Saraki, members of the Senate Committee on Sports, House of Representatives and indeed all well meaning Nigerians to come to my rescue. It hurts me on daily basis whenever I remember the sacrifices I made for the country, and how I have been neglected in return. The players got their money, so why should I continue to suffer? Many governments have come and gone, but I will be very grateful to the Buhari administration if he could pay us the equivalent of that money. It is a way of rewarding excellence and fulfilling Federal Government’s promises.

“I have written several letters to concerned authorities without a single reply; I am suffering after being neglected by the football authority. To think that I agreed to handle the female national team at a time of crisis without asking for extra remuneration, and to be treated in this manner is not encouraging for the growth of the game. I did it out of patriotism for fatherland.

“We were promised payments on arrival in Nigeria after the championship, but till date nobody has said anything about that money,” Coach Izilien added.

https://guardian.ng/sport/agony-of-ex-super-falcons-coach-godwin-izilien-12-years-after-nations-cup-triumph-in-south-africa/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ola Aina Signs For Torino Permanently / Vincent Enyeama Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today / John Fashanu Unveiled As Fashion Ambassador Of Hylook Fashions Int’l Ltd (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.